Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (12758 Views)

Can Nigerian Legion Members Carry Guns? / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Outstrip(f): 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerians of all people. A country where people enjoy breaking the law and see violence as the naswer to everything. Just let me know when they pass that law because I know that even market women will be shooting people that price their wares too low
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by cexplorer(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
The point is a call by any Christian Clergy for the carriage of arms as a means of self defence is not scriptural by biblical standpoint.

However, why I do not aim at promoting ethnic/religious violence, great Nigerian masses need one form of defensive/protective weapon.

The big question in my mind is who do I need this weapon to attack: the man who is fighting for equality and just distribution of the nation's resources or the pastor who enriches himself/his families at the expense of the poor/impoverished members of the church community?

I'm sorry but a call for any form of social and national aggression in Nigeria should not come from any Nigerian clergymen. May be pastor Tunde Bakare could speak on this issue too.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by zeennurei(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2011
Useless CAN how could they say that?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kpogede77: 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2011
Only those who don't see what we see will ague rubbish. Who told you guys that civilians don't have guns already?  The advantage of having guns outweighs the disadvantage. There are guns every where here why are we not killing ourselves like that. Robbers don't come to my area because they know that there is heavy concentration of assorted weapons here even though they are acquired illegally. The guns should be properly registered and given to them. That is the best solution to the Jos crises or turn them into community police. Any thing short of that should be rejected by Jos people.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Ayoobscom(m): 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2011
Callous Antipeace of Nigeria

Not

Christian Association Of Nigeria

, Point of correction,
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
The point is a call by any Christian Clergy for the carriage of arms as a means of self defence is not scriptural by biblical standpoint.

However, why I do not aim at promoting ethnic/religious violence, great Nigerian masses need one form of defensive/protective weapon.

The big question in my mind is who do I need this weapon to attack:
[size=15pt]Nigerian Mentality is rotten ooo. See question. Do you have to go and attack anybody because you have a gun.
To read and understand can be a milestone to some people.
No imagine, if some one like you (attacker) want to go and attack an innocent man who also has a gun, wont you think twice ?[/size]

the man who is fighting for equality and just distribution of the nation's resources or the pastor who enriches himself/his families at the expense of the poor/impoverished members of the church community?

I'm sorry but a call for any form of social and national aggression in Nigeria should not come from any Nigerian clergymen. May be pastor Tunde Bakare could speak on this issue too.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2011
It shows from comments people make here that people dont even understand what CAN is saying. Na wa some people are retarrrded.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by muhsin(m): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
Stupidest thought ever by a religious body on earth! Pathetic. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by walex2(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2011

The big question in my mind is who do I need this weapon to attack:
Nigerian Mentality is rotten ooo. See question. Do you have to go and attack anybody because you have a gun.
To read and understand can be a milestone to some people.
No imagine, if some one like you (attacker) want to go and attack an innocent man who also has a gun, wont you think twice ?

the man who is fighting for equality and just distribution of the nation's resources or the pastor who enriches himself/his families at the expense of the poor/impoverished members of the church community?

i am a christian who told u tehat christian can not carry arm for self defence stay trhere and watch ur enemies destroying u. Go and read about David and discover how he used amunition (armours) to destroying his enemies
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by mustashfa(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
Me I no de wait 4 dem 2 allow anything. I don de go arrange my pompe or AK. Make una de dere de wait, until dem go finish una. Anybody get one 4 sale, halla me. NIGERIA!, yeye people, scata scata nation, angry angry angry
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Texther(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2011
na wa oo
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by donem: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2011
harakiri:

Please tell them. The problem with our people is that they have been totally brainwashed with religion from childhood to the extent, they can't think outside the box . The indoctrination has eaten so deep into them that they can't possibly see how they can live without religion. If we are to gauge the IQ of the average Nigerian with the kind of responses on this thread, then it's obvious that the future of this nation is very bleak. This generation is nothing but an abysmal failure! The people who are taking this country for a ride are the same people who have been there for the past 30-50years and THEY ARE STILL THERE running things! When a younger person tries to rise up, it's the same younger generation that pull him/her down with sentiments such as "you lack experience" OR "you don't have what it takes" OR "Nigeria needs people of experience". No wonder IBB had the guts to repeat the same sentiments on live television when he said "The youths of today don't have what it takes to move this nation forward". Imagine that!

Remove religion from the system of things and see if Nigerians won't begin to take their destinies into their hands. Remove religion and see the masses react with instant action on any irregularities in government affairs. The people will become intolerant to the endless tales of missing billions and they would readily march en-masse to the government houses to carry out jungle justice on these thieves (if the government refuses to act accordingly). Nobody will sit back and watch one man steal trillions while the masses suffer. Look around you. . .All they do is pray,pray,pray and fast,fast,fast and pray some more. The price of gas keeps going up, the roads are worse than before,crime is skyrocketing and with the abundance of religion, the people still remain vile,wicked and mean to themselves. So much for the "benefits" of religion.

Pathetic! ! !

mr wise one i think u are not wrong on the level of IQ on this thread, because if you should re-read your post u would see that u yourself your IQ is equally on the low side.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by donem: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
zeen nurei:

Useless CAN how could they say that?
and u think u are useful, anywere u sound like an islamic extremist if u are not one already, C'EST DES CONNERIES
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by ektbear: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2011
Good move by CAN
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Showab1: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
That Oritsejafor or what is he called has chop weeds before making the statement.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by chakula: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for your suggestion; I will be glad FG to admire and award the wish of the CAN without doubt things will be going well of course.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Aderupoko2: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerians need guns so that Nigeria will have the highest number in heaven/hell on daily basis.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Rhea(f): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
I am not surprised that Ayo Oritsejafor is yearning for every Nigerian (including police, soldier, armed robber, militant, pastor, bus conductor, juju-master and Clifford Orji to bear arms. He has truly demonstrated that he is a born and bred Waffi man. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Ricardosan(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
O ma shey,jesus would be having a good laugh
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by hackney(m): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
common scenario:
B.A.N.G.! B.A.N.G.!
who shot him?
no be me o! !

oya, how we go investigate? where forensics?
fore wetin?
ah! where everybody naa! !
na wah o! !
B.A.N.G.! B.A.N.G.!

Another one? ! !
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by LagosShia: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
when the area boys in CAN make silly and irresponsible statements,people react by excusing them that it is not "scriptural" as if the bible is not full of violence.even Jesus (as) asked for swords.

but when boko haram does nonsense they dont remember that islamically it is not also "scriptural".

i know that the silly statements by CAN are only givem much attention on in places like NL.they reach anywhere important.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
This is RICH shocked shocked shocked

LagosShia:

when the area boys in CAN make silly and irresponsible statements,people react by excusing them that it is not "scriptural" as if the bible is not full of violence.even Jesus (as) asked for swords.

but when boko haram does nonsense they dont remember that islamically it is not also "scriptural".

i know that the silly statements by CAN are only givem much attention on in places like NL.they reach anywhere important.

Which Bible did you read that encourages violence? Please wake up from your slumber.

What Jesus asked for swords? Please quote the chapter and verse please where Jesus asked for swords or encouraged violence.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by infofta(m): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
Christianity or no christianity. How would you feel if some group of people come to house slay your father. Mother and the rest of your brothers. Put yourself in the shoes of those killed with no offence before you comment.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kpogede77: 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
We know that the devil can quote the scripture very well but from the days of John the Baptist the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force.
Those castigating PAPA AYO are the greatest fool. The man made a conditional statement, If it is obvious that FG cannot provide security for Jos people then tell us how to protect the Jos people.
When the muslim kill, they don't quote the Quoran but when the Christian does any thing that is when you see muslims quoting the Bible even more than the Christians.
In fact I regretted being a christian because Christians don't know their right from their left.
How many muslims have come out to openly criticize the sultan of Sokoto and even Boko Haram on Nairaland?
Any one who knows he can do the job better to guaranty the security of Jos people should aspire to take over from PAPA. Personally , I don't like the Christian faith because it is full of hypocrites
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by yesboss20(m): 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
Let's set the record straight: the disciple of Jesus that cut someone's ear off when Christ was about to be arrested did not carry a weapon! He took a knife from one of the men that came for Our Lord.
Pertaining to the topic, carrying weapons is against the Christian faith. We are not to hurt our fellow humans but to love and treat them how we would want to be treated. We are to show exemplary qualities even in difficult times through the spirit's leading.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by alphabet43(m): 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2011
What is their rationale? Hopefully this is not an arms dealing company pandering to people like they do in the US. They always proclaim christianity because they know that's a soft spot. Somebody dealing arms is looking to enter the Nigerian market and the best way to do it is to bribe religious organizations so they seem harmless or rational, farthest from the truth. I've seen this play out in the US. The Bible says the first disguise of the enemy is as an angel of light
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 12:57am On Sep 15, 2011
and if we are allow to get a gun when someone offend you all you need do is pull the trigger huh
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by BetaThings: 3:08am On Sep 15, 2011
kpogede77:

Those castigating PAPA AYO are the greatest fool. The man made a conditional statement, If it is obvious that FG cannot provide security for Jos people then tell us how to protect the Jos people.
When the muslim kill, they don't quote the Quoran but when the Christian does any thing that is when you see muslims quoting the Bible even more than the Christians.
In fact I regretted being a christian because Christians don't know their right from their left.
How many muslims have come out to openly criticize the sultan of Sokoto and even Boko Haram on Nairaland?
Any one who knows he can do the job better to guaranty the security of Jos people should aspire to take over from PAPA. Personally , I don't like the Christian faith because it is full of hypocrites
When the chrsitians killed muslims as in the videos above, what did they quote? Listen to them, they thanked "god".
BTW have you seen any poster condemn the killing and cannibalisation of muslims in the videos above?
When Datti Ahmed said muslims were ready to go to war over Islamic Banking, NSCIA through Alhaji Adegbite came out to denounce him.
Are you saying this did not happen?
Muslims are not condemning Boko Haram? How come you are concerned about this really since Boko Haram has killed more muslims than christians
The fact that they are killing imams mean that those they target are already criticising them
The sultan has not said people should be able to carry arms. So why should he be denounced
and do you really think that we are ripe for this?
You may be able to get a pistol, but armed robbers will come after you with assault rifles
And for good measure, they will consult native doctors to immunise them against your guns
Ask policemen who have dealt with these idol worshippers
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2011
I just order for my own Gun let the war start LOL LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Kx: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2011
Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2011
Exactly what you seen up there
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by onyekosy: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
Should we now fold our hands and watch them kill us all just bc we are christians. Did bible not ask' should we now be idle and wait for the Grace to abound with Us' it says NO. If being a slave to an unbeliever-precisely a killing muslim sect is christianity , i reject to be one for i won't sit down and watch my head go off my shoulder. Are you beheading me, did you put that head there? Even as a christian we should not be cowardice in our activities, otherwise one faithful day, you will hear that the world has been colonized by the so called muslims religious sect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Open Letter to Federal Government by Great Ife Students' Union / Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan / Edo 2020: Buhari Urges APC To Avoid Rivers, Zamfara Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.