Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (54676 Views)

Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' / I Never Said Oshiomhole Was Bad Luck For APC - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Timmi: 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
onthehill:
Nigerian relationship coach and counsellor, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo has said that Nigeria's problem is bad citizens and not bad government, IGBERETV reports.

He said this following his observation of Nigeria's presidential election held on February 25, 2023.

He wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/kingsleypst/status/1629748721280770048?s=20

I agreed partially to the statement. I’ve always believed that we as a people are our one enemy and not the government, for it really doesn’t matter who the president is, there will always saboteurs in the system.

I took exception to the part of the statement that says people are voting for their slave masters, voting is a choice and prerogative reserved for everyone and each is entitled to his or her own choice and opinion. Someone’s slave master is another person’s savior

1 Like

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by spiralwedge(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
I agree. Imagine Ekiti people massively voting for APC again, again? Some people have made oath with suffering.

You lot need to change your mentality. You should not be insulting people for deciding to elect who they want. Everybody only has one vote and are voting whom they want.

Obi would have won this election, but you and your ilks having a perverted and sick mentality insulting other people changed the minds of some of us.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by otomatic(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
Well, the government is made up of citizens.
A country deserves the government it gets.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by CSTRR: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2023
membranus:

Are you already given up?

The results are yet to be officially announced, please wait till then.
You think the elections is banter?
Don't worry.

We will be here to laugh when the breakfast starts.

Because we will laugh you people to scorn and enjoy it.

Just pray tinubu performs.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by spiralwedge(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2023
For some of us, we don’t follow the crowd. I in particular, over the years, have decided that i would never vote who the SE are voting, because they emotionally overdo things and unconsciously turn a good thing to bad. Like they did to GEJ.
Another thing about them is herdthinking, and cajoling people to do stuff.
Though in the North, there’s slightly herdthinking, they do that intelligently not like the SE that moves in the same direction politically out of hate, revenge and tribalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by netmillionaires(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2023
At my own polling Unit yesterday, people shared sachet water and everyone collected to quench their taste after which they start to bad-mouth nigerian politicians. I stood my ground and told them that the people gan gan be the problem. All of you drank water and threw the sachet water on the floor and tomorrow you will be seen shouting about how lagos is dirty. Na the politician follow dirty am?
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by CSTRR: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2023
otomatic:
Well, the government is made up of citizens.
A country deserves the government it gets.
QED.

It's clear that Nigeria does not deserve better.
We have gotten what we deserve and we have chosen the kind of nation we want to be.

Na our level be dis.

Na to manage am remain and push on.

Not every country would be like China or India.

Some are destined to be as backward as Nigeria too.

Personally, I no dey pity anybody or region again.

Everybody carry your cross.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by CSTRR: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
spiralwedge:
For some of us, we don’t follow the crowd. I in particular, over the years, have decided that i would never vote who the SE are voting, because they emotionally overdo things and unconsciously turn a good thing to bad. Like they did to GEJ.
Another thing about them is herdthinking, and cajoling people to do stuff.
Though in the North, there’s slightly herdthinking, they do that intelligently not like the SE that moves in the same direction politically out of hate, revenge and tribalism.

And that is fine.

Hold the govt you have voted for responsible.
Let them give you the dividends of democracy.

Atleast that is what you voted for.

The south east will not join you in that struggle.

Good luck.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by kelvine(m): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Ok then, let me agree with you. He was not mentioning Tinubu he mentioned another candidate

BlackMan6969:
He never mentioned Tinubu to be a slave master.
Why did you assume he's talking about Tinubu?
Abi... Tinubu na Slave Master?
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by yawehoverall: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Some elements in power acting like the RED SEA in between freedom and pharaohs chasing the people from behind vigorously.

Let see how it goes. 🤔
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Infinixhot2: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
na now your eye they open? during the new naira crisis na there I no say truly our leaders are the reflection of us , how can a common man be selling money to his fellow common man?

You know How The common man take get The Money?

If to say e easy, you for go ATM go get the money na...

The leaders caused it...
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by FlyingKing: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
kelvine:
I disagree with you here.
You can't say we are voting our slave masters, we choose who we want and it can't be same because we are too many to choose the same person.

Nope Tinubu was never a slave master.
We have never voted Tinubu himself as president.

Most prosperous pastors have their church headquarters in Lagos and they have never been enslaved for one day. What we enjoy in Lagos is luxury in other places.

Tinubu is liberal, welcoming and progressive. He is also capable of giving Nigeria a different outlook.

Yes he is in APC under Buhari but this Government will be different. Quote me in 4 years

I love your comment and I so much admire the way you so much believed in Tinubu government but you forget that Tinubu alone can not run the government if he win.

Note: Never trust any politicians especially Nigerian politicians 90% of them are devil in disgust.

We hope for better NIGERIA from whichever win
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by onyxo76(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
I agree. Imagine Ekiti people massively voting for APC again, again? Some people have made oath with suffering.
i don give up for those people, e be like say suffering be like icecream for their mouth, yet they will lamenting everyday about underdevelopment and oppression.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Major77: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yes that is true my brother, look at the type of things the young citizens are displaying in this country.accepting bad leaders by them self's in this country after all clear evidence with bad rulership.LOOK AT APC and PDP the place the keep us now and some are going back there again well anything the see the bear it.at list Nigerian yout is use to suffering.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Legalaffairs(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
Softmirror:
PASTOR, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUY YOUR OWN PRIVATE JET?

One rotten citizen spotted.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by ebenholer2(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
NIGERIA PROBLEM IS ACTUALLY DUE TO BAD LEADERSHIP AND NOT BAD FOLLOWERSHIP.WHEN THERE IS EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP IT BREEDS GOOD FOLLOWERS...HOWEVER LEADERSHIP STARTS FROM HOME (NOT FROM BEING A GOVERNOR OR PRESIDENT)...EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE ASKED THAT HOW EFFECTIVE ARE AS A LEADER OF 2 TO LEADER MANY. AS PARENTS, HOW EFFECTIVE ARE WE IN CHILD NURTURING, AS PASTORS OR IMAM HOW EFFECTIVE ARE U....AS THE ELDERLY, HOW EFFECTIVE ARE WE BEFORE THE YOUNG ONES. OUR INABILITY TO BE EFFECTIVE IN OUR VARIOUS LEADERSHIP POSITIONS GIVES RISE TO INEFFECTIVE GOVERNORS, SENATORS, PRESIDENTS ETC.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by kelvine(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
I agree with you.
I don't belong to APC l have only lived all my life in Lagos and consider most of the allegations against Tinubu as false

FlyingKing:

I love your comment and I so much admire the way you so much believed in Tinubu government but you forget that Tinubu alone can not run the government if he win.

Note: Never trust any politicians especially Nigerian politicians 90% of them are devil in disgust.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by spiralwedge(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
CSTRR:

And that is fine.

Hold the govt you have voted for responsible.
Let them give you the dividends of democracy.

Atleast that is what you voted for.

The south east will not join you in that struggle.

Good luck.

Politically, the SE is irrelevant to me. And they haven’t proved me wrong over 4 decades.

I can have dealings on other sphere of life, but politically they are still in 1800s.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by placeofallure(f): 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
The igbo pastor can keep on crying.

grin grin me dancing to my gangan now

Dadandidi, Dadandidi, Obi l'okan

Omo wa ni e je o se, Obi l'okan

grin cheesy

Pastor should go and rest and come back 2027 joor!
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by tomju2(f): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
kelvine:
You can't say we are voting our slave masters, we choose who we want and it can't be same because we are too many to choose the same person.

Most prosperous pastors have their church headquarters in Lagos and they have never been enslaved for one day. What we enjoy in Lagos is luxury in other places.

Tinubu is liberal, welcoming and progressive. He is also capable of giving Nigeria a different outlook.

Yes he is in APC under Buhari but this Government will be different. Quote me in 4 years
Has he stopped trafficking in drugs?
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by egopersonified(f): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
SmartPolician:
I am afraid I don't agree with him. Leadership is everything. Bad people commit crimes for leaders because they know that evil leaders will protect them.

When you see leaders doing the right thing, the followers will align at once. They don't have a choice; this is no rocket science.

For example, NAFDAC under Dora Akunyili
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Kingspin(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
kelvine:

Atiku is more liberal than BAT
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by blackpanda: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
SmartPolician:
I am afraid I don't agree with him. Leadership is everything. Bad people commit crimes for leaders because they know that evil leaders will protect them.

When you see leaders doing the right thing, the followers will align at once. They don't have a choice; this is no rocket science.

Did the leaders fall from the sky Bad leaders are a product of bad unpatriotic citizens. It's citizens that make leaders, not leaders that make citizens. That's why I know that voting Peter obi is a waste of time. Nothing will change till nigerians themselves changw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Alpharey: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
kelvine:

Ouote you in next 4 years. Lol. By that time the languages might have turned to accusations and counter accusations
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by kelvine(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
Can you provide evidence? At least a video or document?

tomju2:

Has he stopped trafficking in drugs?
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Eastlandx: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2023
kelvine:

Joker
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by MeineMutter: 3:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
onthehill:
Nigerian relationship coach and counsellor, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo has said that Nigeria's problem is bad citizens and not bad government, IGBERETV reports.

He said this following his observation of Nigeria's presidential election held on February 25, 2023.

He wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/kingsleypst/status/1629748721280770048?s=20

This is what I have always said, timelessly. If we like, we can put Obama there, nothing will change if we citizens don’t change for good. Our characters stink. Our nation can never develop, with the kind of character will have. We have to yí padà.
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Godfullsam(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:

What kind of rubbish talk is this?

So, anambra people that voted massively for peter obi after he suffered them while he was a governor. Does that mean they have made an oath with suffering?
Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by Godfullsam(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Government wey just dey one corner dey look una. If we cannot push for regional leaders and constitution amendment na like this naija go dey till eternity. Federal government na the biggest scam!

May God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by MeineMutter: 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
FlyingKing:

The same thing happens to Obi and Atiku. None of them can run government in isolation. They all need people, both the executive, judiciary and legislators, to run an upcoming government. And it is the same corrupt Nigerian citizens that work in this arms of government. So, there’s no magic that Tinubu or Obi or Atiku will perform. Take that from me. We need a total rebirth, in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo by leisuretym: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
spiralwedge:

You lot need to change your mentality. You should not be insulting people for deciding to elect who they want. Everybody only has one vote and are voting whom they want.

Obi would have won this election, but you and your ilks having a perverted and sick mentality insulting other people changed the minds of some of us.

I agreed with you 100% this is the reason I personally changed my mind about Obi and opted for my tribesmen instead , you can not insult my people everywhere and expect me to vote for your man, MBA!!
I have decided to confront them here online and face them one on one
They must cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo Of A Policewoman Assisting Titilayo Adeleke, Osun First Lady With Earrings / El-Rufai's Son Shares Photo Of His Father And Tinubu / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.