Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu (88056 Views)

BREAKING: Peter Obi beats Bola Tinubu to win Lagos / Peter Obi Beats Bola Tinubu To Win Lagos / Peter Obi Wins Labour Party Presidential Primary As Pat Utomi Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Backpedal: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing
Tinubu tried to hold Lagos with the figures he pulled so far. Lagos is the Capital of Southern Nigeria, so what were you expecting?
This was a fight between ibos+SS+woke yorubas against Tinubu supporters in Lagos who are mainly yorubas and maybe Hausas in Lagos.

I hope Tinubu and yorubas have learnt a bitter lesson from Lagos Elections not to befriend and feed a cub because it is homeless, hopeless, and dying. It will grow up and eat u up someday.

I'm happy yorubas can now sit down and ask qtns as to how they got everything wrong and redress it with BAT as President.

The take home from this defeat is..

Yorubas need to stop drafting non yorubas into the civil service and stop giving them prominent appointments. There are always technocrats who can always fit into any political office from the SW

Yorubas need to stop selling their lands to non yorubas in Lagos and SW

Yorubas need to stop giving out local government of origins to non yorubas in Lagos

Yorubas need to stop allowing non-yorubas contest for Elections in Lagos or SW

Yorubas need limit the numbers of voters registration of non yorubas going on in Lagos, they care so much about Lagos and don't care if their homes rot, Henceforth let them go home and vote. They can't come and dictate to you on how to govern urselves after creating an enabling environment for them to thrive.

Contain them politically, Period!

Congratulations to the incoming President of Nigeria BAT the ASIWAJU of Lagos for winning the most Free and fair Elections since our Nascent Democracy nothwitstanding

To think over 250 people liked this post is sick

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by SlurUsername1: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2023
Backpedal:

To think over 250 people liked this post is sick

Shut up

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by frank155(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
Fkhalifa:
We no hear rigging now o
Then you're deaf. APC margin is too much
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Proudlyomonna: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Senseless post!

Obi won Lagos, which to any sensible Nigerian, underscores the credibility of the process, to a very large extent, yet you are whining.

Can Tinubu win any state in the Southeast? No.

This shows the political sophistication of the Southwest region.

If we talk about politics of nepotism, then it is headquartered here in the Southeast.

Rest oo ,oh thou Tribalist.
I no dey follow una do nonsense tribal gbasgbos.
Sensible Lagosians are done with Apc's and her tinubu's family dominance.
It's got nothing to do with TRIBE.
E ti yin awon eyan lara ju pkelu awon omo eru agbero yin.

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Rapuru14: 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing
Tinubu tried to hold Lagos with the figures he pulled so far. Lagos is the Capital of Southern Nigeria, so what were you expecting?
This was a fight between ibos+SS+woke yorubas against Tinubu supporters in Lagos who are mainly yorubas and maybe Hausas in Lagos.

I hope Tinubu and yorubas have learnt a bitter lesson from Lagos Elections not to befriend and feed a cub because it is homeless, hopeless, and dying. It will grow up and eat u up someday.

I'm happy yorubas can now sit down and ask qtns as to how they got everything wrong and redress it with BAT as President.

Yorubas need to stop drafting non yorubas into the civil service and stop giving them prominent appointments. There are always technocrats who can always fit into any political office from the SW

Yorubas need to stop giving out local government of origins to non yorubas in Lagos

Yorubas need limit the numbers of voters registration of non yorubas going on in Lagos, they care so much about Lagos and don't care if their homes rot, Henceforth let them go home and vote. They can't come and dictate to you on how to govern urselves after creating an enabling environment for them to thrive.

Congratulations to the incoming President of Nigeria BAT the ASIWAJU of Lagos for winning the most Free and fair Elections since our Nascent Democracy nothwitstanding

You're an idi@t. A hopeless fool. They should stop paying tax too. Empty Vessel!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by RedPilChurchBoy: 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

The people that lack discipline and hustling spirit will always sell their lands to foreigners.

Once they see huge money they sell even their ancestral lands.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Lancer47(m): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mrshocker:
Igbos will be tamed in Lagos this time(They’ve bitten more than they can chew). Lagos have given them too much comfort.
New land use law must be reviewed for non-indigenous lagosians (confiscate there properties for state projects)

Why can’t we see other party winning presidential elections in Igbo land. Osun Atiku, Lagos obi. We are waiting if obi will loose any Igbos state to opposition. Igbos are tribal bigots and they want to force their opinion on others.
I pity fools like Macaroni and some other yeyebrity that got brainwashed with Igbo agenda

Last last JAGABAN WIN AND We will win more representative seats in court.

Thank you OYO,ogun,ondo,ekiti,rivers and all loyal northerners!!!
Oshe oloun to boju wa je.

We won 🥇 God bless GCFR Bola Ahmed Tinubu
E lo fokan bale. (We will stripe them naked)

Special thanks to Kwankwaso and Peter obi for doing their assignment excellently even though obi foolish followers don’t know why he’s on the ballot.
I have marked your name let me see you any day complaining about this country since you and your generation like to suffer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by egbetokuns(m): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
hisexcellency34:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-peter-obi-beats-bola-tinubu-to-win-lagos/amp

Remember The end justifies the means I believe peace will now reign in lagos now. Time to correct things coming soon
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Abdulqareem: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY(MUSLIM'S HATRED) + ENDSARS (DISGUISED AND DISGRUNTLED IPOB AND OPPOSITIONS) + CASH CRUNCH(BUHARI & EMEFIELE PLOT) + ETHNIC HATRED(IGBO) + INTRA ETHNIC BETRAYAL(YORUBA CHRISTIANS) . TINUBU IS A WINNER. NO ONE COULD HAS SURVIVED THESE. HE TRIED. DESPITE ALL THE OPEN ENDORSMENT FROM PASTORS AND ARTISTES, HE STILL CONQURERED.
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by TrumpDonald2: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

Shut up. Peter Obi won with a more wider margin. This matter go end for Court. HE Peter Obi will emerge victorious. Afterall he has always claimed his mandate through the court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by OhiOfIhima: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ournolly:
Underrate Obidients at your peril!

** Please ignore political blackmailers. Labour Party and Obidient movement is not Igbo, South Easterns, or Religious movement. We are a group of frustrated Nigerians that are eagerly fighting for the future of our country and younger generations. We are made up of all the ethnic groups in Nigeria, ranging from Yoruba to Bennin, Hausa/Fulani to Igbo, Niger Delta/South-South to the Middle Belt. Those bringing tribalism are trying to play the ethnic card and thank goodness, we are wiser now.
God bless Nigeria and my fellow Obidients.

Very correct, I am Obidient from North Central, in my PU... APC have 59, LP have 47, PDP has 13... It was an excellent results. LP doesn't have agent but two guys and include myself volunteer to act as the LP agents... We were there till 5pm when presiding officer announced the votes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Chapii: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2023
tonididdy:
B4 nko

These 10 persons in the “wedding reception” below made it happen.
Dear Obidents….fear Not!

there’s a new jagaban in town 🤣
I was there & we did it

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by aremed(m): 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2023
What happened to Abiola would happen to him simply because history will repeat itself
Mrshocker:
Igbos will be tamed in Lagos this time(They’ve bitten more than they can chew). Lagos have given them too much comfort.
New land use law must be reviewed for non-indigenous lagosians (confiscate there properties for state projects)

Why can’t we see other party winning presidential elections in Igbo land. Osun Atiku, Lagos obi. We are waiting if obi will loose any Igbos state to opposition. Igbos are tribal bigots and they want to force their opinion on others.
I pity fools like Macaroni and some other yeyebrity that got brainwashed with Igbo agenda

Last last JAGABAN WIN AND We will win more representative seats in court.

Thank you OYO,ogun,ondo,ekiti,rivers and all loyal northerners!!!
Oshe oloun to boju wa je.

We won 🥇 God bless GCFR Bola Ahmed Tinubu
E lo fokan bale. (We will stripe them naked)

Special thanks to Kwankwaso and Peter obi for doing their assignment excellently even though obi foolish followers don’t know why he’s on the ballot.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Sunnyflex(m): 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

Ok. Sell your lands to the fulanis. Foolish and chameleonic people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by SlurUsername1: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Shut up. Peter Obi won with a more wider margin. This matter go end for Court. HE Peter Obi will emerge victorious. Afterall he has always claimed his mandate through the court.

Court that Ariwoola an Afonja Muslim is justice over abi? Come and win let's see grin
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by bizhop01: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
They will completely bury evil criminal structure in Lagos, their days are numbers cool

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by esiri4jesu(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

Without the non yorubas in Lagos, Lagos would have been a glorified village.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Shaddymie(f): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
God bless you for this, exactly my point, I don't care if obi wins presidential election because it was the cause of tinubu for contesting even with his health condition not given it to Osinbajo,and the cause of buhari for his naira redesign policies, fuel scarcity and all that .
My point is as a western you dare not do anyhow in the east, shouting another party's name, you won die ni, also you dare not dress anyhow or do any in any norther State.
How come west especially Lagos is different, why do they have to transfer their pooling unit to Lagos, I'm really pained over this, but I pray the will of God prevail in everything.

Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Oju4190: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Peter obi is now the real landlord of lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

The scale of idiocy in this post is astounding. The most remedial understanding of economics might tell you why it's pretty silly to suggest Yorubas should stop selling lands to non-indigenes. Property and land value obviously nosedives - if you can even sell it at all. Are you the one that will feed the omoniles who sell their lands (and extort people who they haven't even sold land to)? And by what mechanism will you prevent non-Yorubas from contesting for positions or even registering to vote. Your inflated self-importance is hilarious to watch, but ultimately, we all know your silly chest-beating ends on the internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by dvkot(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
It's funny some bigot are wailing because tinubu lost lagos, they forgot that its not about tribe if you had replaced tinubu with osibanjo it would have been difficult for Lp

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Jostoman: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Freshtruth:
Labour party Governorship candidate in lagos should be writing down his victory speech already trust me. A tsunami is silently blowing
oga dont ovarrated the victory of LP in lagos because a lot of pdp men and women voted for obi, i will advice LP guy to join Jandor so that they can defeat APC in lagos, God forbid if Apc win presidential your business in lagos will suffer, hope you heard that thugs have started attacking igbo business across lagos today destroying their shops. Dont say i didnt warn you poeple after next week election o.
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by TrumpDonald2: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Never knew it was so close

It's means either Online was feeding us wrong results in lagos or something is fishy

Oga, hold on. You will see the actual results very soon. Obi won Lagos with a very wide margin. They just couldn't deny it, they had to increase Thieffnubu's vote and reduce Obi.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Breakingnews101: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

I'm Yoruba and yet I campaigned and voted for Peteobi ( as my Igbo brothers call him grin). We need to wake up and take back our country from the evil leaders that have plagued us our entire lives! It should not be about tribe or religion but about who can get the job done. I'm talking to everyone including the Igbos that voted for PeteObi solely because of his ethnicity. I voted for him because I know he's the best candidate out there. A true nationalist and Nigerian who will fight for ALL Nigerians. Will Igbos have voted for an undeniably competent Yoruba man if challenged by an incompetent Igbo man is a question
I would love answered in the affirmative (I'm not quite sure of this tho). It is until we reach the state where we do not vote according to emotional and sentimental lines (like ethnicity and religion) but according to leadership competencies that our country will become what it was destined to be.
I salute you (PeteObi) my incoming president. #nigeriawillbegreatagain.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Achorise: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

You’re not a nationalist when Igbos voted Abiola it was fine,Obi won Edo,Delta and and most southern states , you know what that means.Tomorrow you guys will want Nigeria to be like UK and US that Nigerians contest for elective offices .We want a Nigeria without tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by TrumpDonald2: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:

Court that Ariwoola an Afonja Muslim is justice over abi? Come and win let's see grin
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You already having hopes that a muslim judge will rule in your favour?

That means in your heart you already know that APC is losing to LP.

All the rants you urchins were making about structure and jagaban and experience, Obi still beat him in his own state

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Obi is the new land lord of Lagos and he has come to liberate you all.

LP is just watching INEC and keeping their evidence.

The earlier you accept HE Peter Obi the better for you.

Welcome to a New Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by magzey: 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
ibkayee:
I know Tinubu would rather lose the entire election than Lagos 😂
He knows spare parts dealers full Lagos from Nnewi ,that's why he claimed Ondo,Oyo Ekiti and Ogun ,BAT the master plannergrin grin

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by magzey: 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2023
Even During Buhari APC no dey do well for Lagos ,this is not Surprising at all grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2023
Shaddymie:
God bless you for this, exactly my point, I don't care if obi wins presidential election because it was the cause of tinubu for contesting even with his health condition not given it to Osinbajo,and the cause of buhari for his naira redesign policies, fuel scarcity and all that .
My point is as a western you dare not do anyhow in the east, shouting another party's name, you won die ni, also you dare not dress anyhow or do any in any norther State.
How come west especially Lagos is different, why do they have to transfer their pooling unit to Lagos, I'm really pained over this, but I pray the will of God prevail in everything.

A Yoruba woman is contesting the Senate seat for Abuja on the platform of the Labour Party - trying to displace the Abuja indigene holding the seat. Most of her supporters will likely be Igbo. I hope you direct your silly rant above to her. Since many of you clowns pretend not to understand why a cosmopolitan city like Lagos does not have the same political dynamics as ethnically homogenous states. And you even had the audacity to mention "God" in the nonsense you're typing - as if "God" is the god of ethnic bigots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Rupertek: 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
After reading down your gilberish, i cannot stop myself laughing at your ignorance and fantasy.
The Igbos taking over lagos is not accident or product if mistake but natural occurance.. did anybody come down from heaven with land as his own? No.
Yoruba people stepped unto this part of the earth, acquired it, thats exactly what Igbos are doing now.
You said Yoruba people should stop selling land to Igbos, thanks God you admitted the lands were legally transferred.
But the bad news for you is that you are closing the barn door after the animals have since eloped, which land remains?
You sold off useless swamps that non of you thought were livable, the igbos rescured the lands from under the water, developed them to flourishing estates, and those lands became Yoruba land, where people should always bow to the lords and graciously sllowed them, aaaa! Black people.
You even want to bend the constitution and the law, so people will be prevented from registering to vote, people made 2nd class citizens, so that your ethnic supremacists pride will be protected.
Simply agitate for ammendment of the constitution, to get seperate country for yourselves, so you can pursue your utopian
and supremarcist fantasies.
The earlier you start acccepting that this place is also Igboland, the better for you.
Whats so funny, most of you are not even indigenes of lagos, even the Tinubu isnt, same non Indigene as Obi, what made you believe you should have right here more than me that was born here? Simply because your parents were born here?
Black people, your race can never be free.
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Gilgil: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2023
You are getting it wrong like most people in Lagos are.

Lagos is a Yoruba state based on historical culture, however, it is a former Federal capital and is therefore a cosmopolis.

Now, the impact of the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos
on its economy far outweighs its cultural impact.
Being Federal Capital made Lagos to benefit massively from huge infrastructural developments and massive investments.

Lagos is what it is today, by virtue of its position as former Federal Capital and its coastal nature together, that has brought in people from different walks of life.

These people, have brought in their wealth, networks and experience, and together with the few locals built it up, making it the economic capital of West Africa.

No one is denying its Yoruba roots at all, that would be ridiculous, but based on economy, while the culture is respected, the multiple peoples and cultures make increasing impacts year in year out.
Bear in mind that most of the Yorubas in power in Lagos today and not originally from there, and so though Yoruba, they are also a sub-set of the non-indigenes.

It is hypocrisy to say Igbos and other cultures should be discriminated against in Lagos while hoping to make Lagos a Cosmopolitan city like London. It is the taxes and investments of foreigners that is driving the IGR of the city.

Many people arguing against other cultures in Lagos want Lagos to be like London whose mayor is not originally English but are screaming for other people taking positions in Lagos.
You can't eat your cake and have it. Remove or restrict the other cultures and watch the city go down. It's as simple as that.

For those arguing that the southeast is not accepting of other cultures, ask yourselves how many other cultures live there? This is because of 2 things; low federal investment in the SE and fewer people coming there as a result plus their inability to compete there.

So let's understand why election results can vary in Lagos but not in Ekiti. Let's not pretend to not know these.

CoolAmbience:

Senseless post!

Obi won Lagos, which to any sensible Nigerian, underscores the credibility of the process, to a very large extent, yet you are whining.

Can Tinubu win any state in the Southeast? No.

This shows the political sophistication of the Southwest region.

If we talk about politics of nepotism, then it is headquartered here in the Southeast.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu by Mandesz(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
grin
Although disappointing

I see no sense in your write ups. elections has moved beyond tribe,religion or party voting. our children will not forgive us if we know a criminal, an incompetent man or a man with suspicious character and voted him on tribe. be wise!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife / Osun Governorship Elections: PDP Claims Victory / Olusegun Obasanjo Harvests Yam In His Farm In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.