Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court (85288 Views)

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
0monnak0da:

So Emefiele was part of that plan?

He was used to carry out that plan. Nigeria politics is the more you look, the less you see.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by maasoap(m): 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
demoBaba:

Are you not happy when CBN governor brought the naira wahala? Because they want to broke Tinubu chance of becoming president.

No.

Now Tinubu won the election....the naira issues brought by CBN governor become useless implementation.

But if Obi won this election....you won't say useless implementation .

I'm sure that you have wrong impression about me based on "dem say" that I posted. Lol.
This cash confiscation policy really affected my business (transportation), how could I support the policy that threatened my source of livelihood?
Besides, me and my family are 100% Batified, my family alone gave him 11 votes
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by DrAkpamudehe: 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
see John wey call ibile original Yoruba boy from ode ekiti. Emi Omo a Fi iyan je obe ishapa.. e mi ki n se Omo ajekuta ma mu omi. So watch your tongue, I'm real Yoruba and my name not extract from bible like John wey oyinbo introduce, I'm adewale Omo Odo afin, ekiti yeye

Ibu onye ara...
Negodu anu mpama ofe nmanu

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Gandrova: 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2023
Jagaba he is a recipe for progress, prosperity.
Just few days after winning the Presidential election everythingthing are about to take good shape, May Almighty God direct him to succeed Ameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Ibu onye ara...
Negodu anu mpama ofe nmanu
everything you said back to send "ibu onye Ara "you too and everything other things you said, either na curse or prayer, back to senders.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
donphilopus:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/03/breaking-supreme-court-orders-old-n200-n500-n1000-notes-to-remains-in-circulation-till-dec-31/

THE JUDICIALIZATION OF POLITICS AND THE POLITICIZATION OF THE JUDICIARY CONTINUES APACE IN NIGERIA…smh undecided

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and without prejudice to the purported effects of the policy, it is NOT the place of the courts (even the Supreme Court) to second-guess the substantive effects of the executive branch’s policies, including the CBN’s currency management policies (which is an integral part of monetary policy).

Accordingly, the Court should’ve limited itself to the whether the policy was properly made, and should never have strayed into the arena of the effects thereof, essentially according to itself veto power over executive policies. The courts are neither empowered nor equipped to determine which executive policies are good and which ones are bad.

Assuming the toga of a policy decision-maker is a slippery slope that is inevitably doomed not to end well, as it invariably subjects the Court’s actions/decisions to POLITICAL (rather than jurisprudential) scrutiny, and erodes confidence in its independence.

>
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by condiz8: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Cantonese:
Nigerians have long moved on.
Undependable Supreme Court.

Moved on to? Oga bring out the old notes[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by surgical: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
free2ryhme:

Apparently, Supreme Court waited to see who will win the election before ruling on this case. They needed to play safe to save their job.
can't you guys see that it was all planned by buhari, even the court case was staged, those guys really played us ,buhari na yahoo,zero integrity

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Doyou2019: 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
Is04970:
The good thing about the judgement is that it came after Tinubu's resounding victory at the polls.

Resounding ko. The whole country has gone sour because of him and INEC and you dey here dey cap BS

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by bayelsaowei(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2023
Mumu country
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by bayelsaowei(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2023
Cantonese:
Nigerians have long moved on.
Undependable Supreme Court.
yeye supreme Court..
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2023
Asgard13:
Na this Supreme Court wan give PDP Justice ?

Abi Lp?

Nigerians must wake to reality .. and take by their country

By force? Will you lead the charge?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by CutSoap(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2023
AngelicBeing:
No, l am The Angel in charge of Nigeria and l will send you back to Nigeria after 8000 years tongue

You are the angel in charge of Nigeria? Is it that Baba God is not paying you well that you have decided to ruin Nigeria? You are doing well Oga Angel of Nigeria 🤛🤛🤛
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by spiralwedge(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2023
Can someone help me check? Is any of the SE states amongst the 16 states who joined this libel?
Dey play.

Smh.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by spiralwedge(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2023
surgical:
can't you guys see that it was all planned by buhari, even the court case was staged, those guys really played us ,buhari na yahoo,zero integrity

They played you or you played yourself? Mumu, typical follow-follow
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by MuchAdo: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
Piiggiddiots have lost both ways... cheesy

Their candidate did not win and they've also been suffering from the policy... cheesy

Piiggidiots amaka cheesy
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Vickho: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
Is04970:
The good thing about the judgement is that it came after Tinubu's resounding victory at the polls.
emefiele must be peeing in his pants right now
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2023
Asgard13:
Na this Supreme Court wan give PDP Justice ?

Abi Lp?

Nigerians must wake to reality .. and take by their country

Brother, "power to the North" nko? Wetin happen to that noise? Na frustration go send you to early grave. Loooooollll.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Asgard13: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Dsalvo:

Brother, "power to the North" nko? Wetin happen to that noise? Na frustration go send you to early grave. Loooooollll.

What kinda of frustration.. I’m living the good life and if tomorrow I join Apc .. as a party.. be sure I will get an appointment or steady federal contract.. and payment for existing ones ..

So wetin wan kill me..

No Dey reason everyone for Nairaland be someone like you.

Still on the matter ..

Asiwaju can’t be President of Nigeria .. just time ..

He can buy Supreme Court with his billions like he bought Inec.. to suppress votes and increase numbers ..

But will still fail.

Atiku has gone to Court .. same with Obi.

Let’s see how he maneuvers it this time ..
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Asgard13: 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
Arkmanbuddy:

By force? Will you lead the charge?

Let the Supreme Court jonze election result ..

On your own .. you will see that so many men are already on the gas station called Nigeria with crazy lighters
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Asgard13:

What kinda of frustration.. I’m living the good life and if tomorrow I join Apc .. as a party.. be sure I will get an appointment or steady federal contract.. and payment for existing ones ..

So wetin wan kill me..

No Dey reason everyone for Nairaland be someone like you.

Still on the matter ..

Asiwaju can’t be President of Nigeria .. just time ..

He can buy Supreme Court with his billions like he bought Inec.. to suppress votes and increase numbers ..

But will still fail.

Atiku has gone to Court .. same with Obi.

Let’s see how he maneuvers it this time ..

Okay , I salute you with this type of mentality. Politics remains about permanent interest for politicians and good governance for the polity.

Anybody who understands that, as you seem to do, will always be okay and thriving.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Asgard13: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
Dsalvo:

Okay , I salute you with this type of mentality. Politics remains about permanent interest for politicians and good governance for the polity.

Anybody who understands that, as you seem to do, will always be okay and thriving.

Thank you..

Who ever wins .. is still a victory for democracy.

To us politicians is all about interest and Nigeria as a nation.

As a strong PDP..

Apc still gave me contract at Nigeria military University BIU.. maidugiri

Seyi Tinubu still got contract there ..

Minister of environment was a former strong PDP.. Fulani.. decamp and became minister under Apc for 8 years ..

I chose to remain loyal to my party.. And my friend Atiku. Tho party comes first.

Loyalty and trust is eveything in politics..

If ever asiwaju is confirmed President.. is because of his loyalty … and trust even in the mist of seems betrayal of his people.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by eroticecstasy: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Congratulations to Asiwaju

Emefiele and IPOB are congenital losers

Yore getting it wrong!
This was APC move to halt vote buying. That was a smart move.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by NLKing01: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
But Godwin Emefiele said all collected old N500 and N1000 notes has already been destroyed. This game is not over yet
donphilopus:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/03/breaking-supreme-court-orders-old-n200-n500-n1000-notes-to-remains-in-circulation-till-dec-31/
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Tobianojoel(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
There's no way a fool who was born to Bleep will be a Yoruba man. You are nothing but an idiot.
b0rn2fuck:
They have finish their presidential mumu rigging , nothing impress me about Nigeria anymore. The South East people are right, Yoruba are the real problem. I'm sad being a Yoruba man.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by obinna58(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
sheanzy:
thunder fire you and ur cashier policy people are buying money with money and you are saying it is for poor masses..

You are fool, your generation will not know peace for this comment
You were buying money due to the people political selfish decisions implementing stupid rules
Normally the cashless policy would have ended a lot of suffering, it’ll automatically force evil selfish people to do the right things

That’s why buhari made the rule knowing his time is almost over but the stupid incoming government won’t accept it

Chop I chop situation
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by juman(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hurray.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by luluosas(m): 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2023
The Supreme Court is poised to set Nigeria on fire. We are waiting for the on the 2023 Presidential election dispute
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by CaptainFM1: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2023
LibertyRep:
The Supreme Court seems late to the party. They've already confiscated our old notes.

But then, if hypocrisy was to be human, some people will be it's human form.

You will see come next year January, some "slow-mo" people will still come and shout like fowl as if a whole year is not enough for them to deposit all their old notes. Even if you give Nigerians 10years, they will still say it's not enough! Bookmark this page and come back January next year to prove me wrong!
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Intelcorei7: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
They have finish their presidential mumu rigging , nothing impress me about Nigeria anymore. The South East people are right, Yoruba are the real problem. I'm sad being a Yoruba man.
No, you are not a Yoruba man, you are a baby factory product and bastard that was fertiled by awon olori pelebe
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by ashala(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
*ON SC CBN Monetary Policy Powers*
It nullified a monetary policy and extended the deadline. There goes the independence of the CBN. In my PhD thesis I expressed the fear that that in Nigeria, attacks on the independence of CBN would not just come from the executive, but also from the judiciary. An instance would be the case of Savannah bank where the court ordered Savannah bank’s license to be reinstated on grounds of fairness, neglecting the condition that a bank can only continue to hold a license to operate when it is being run in a safe and sound manner. By extending the deadline the Supreme Court is delving into the realm of making monetary policy, a function left exclusively for the central bank, a function that even the president cannot carry out, based on the independence of the CBN and international best practices- Dr Ikani Kanu Agabi, SAN

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.