Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court (85235 Views)

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by papagiddy(m): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
Now upon all the gra gra of Emefele.... it seems he has been used and will be dumped soon...I see all as APC strategies against Obi and Atiku ...now asiwaju has won the all....

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by PDJT: 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Congratulations to Asiwaju

Emefiele and IPOB are congenital losers

-So Dictator Buhari now works for IPOB? When he was carrying out extrajudicial killing of our people, you lots praised and worshipped him but now he (Buhari) is now an IPOB member. Useless propagandists angry .
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Haymus007(m): 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
MVLOX:
Which kind country be dis .... Buhari self go gree?
Infact ehnn i just tire!
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by petermichaels(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2023
WELCOME BACK BANDITRY AND KIDNAPPING! A TERRIBLE NATION INDEED! SO UNFORTUNATE WE FIND OURSELVES HERE. WELL! LAS LAS, EVERY MUMU GO GET SENSE FOR THIS CORN-TREE. RUBBISH
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Babalegba(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2023
Orgym:

You can kill yourself and reincarnate to ibo
Very good advice.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by lexy2014: 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2023
IgOga:
Tinubu don start to implement his policy o grin

How is it a Tinubu policy? It's the right of every nigerian to have cash to spend and to have access to his or her bank funds. The FG and CBN failed in their constitutional responsibility to provide cash for it's citizens
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by worksmart(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2023
This not about reducing suffering of the masses, but about allowing politician and others hoarding old notes time to bank them.

This would cause prices to increase sharply (inflation).

First signs are not looking promising that we would see anything good coming from Tinubu presidency.

Let us just continue hope for the best.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by benqo01(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2023
WHEN I SAID HERE THAT THE NAIRA DESIGN WAS A PLOT BY THE APC TO ENHANCE SUFFERING IN THIS COUNTRY I WAS CALLED ALL SORT OF NAMES

BUHARI FOOLED US TO MAKE US BELIEVE HIM AND TINUBU WERE NOT IN GOOD TERMS.

PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT WAS D END FOR TINUBU THEY DIDNT KNOW RIGGING WAS ALSO PART OF THEIR PLAN

THEY (POLITIANS) CRIED FOUL ON TELEVISION CREATING DISTRACTIONS MAKING WE FALL FOR THEIR DEVILISH PLAN.

WHAT IS MORE PAINFUL IS THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS SUFFERING FOR ONE USELESS POLICY THAT WASNT SUPPOSE TO SEE D LIGHT OF D DAY
THE QUEUE AND THE DAMAGES IT DONE TO BUSINESSES AH WHAT A WICKEDNESS

TINUBU WILL NEVER BAN D OLD NOTE COS HE HAS SO MUCH TO SPEND, BESIDES WE DONT EVEN HAVE ENOUGH NEW NOTE, YES THE CBN DONT HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO GO ROUND SO D ISSUE IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL

IT WAS A GAME WELL STRATEGISED BY BUHARI APC

ONCE MORE WE WERE FOOLED

DAMN!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Laple0541(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2023
free2ryhme:

Apparently, Supreme Court waited to see who will win the election before ruling on this case. They needed to play safe to save their job.

Irrespective of who won the election, the Supreme Court would have given thesame judgment because the aim of the policy was defeated hence the judgement was given after the election. Why keep suffering the poor masses? Emefiele was daft with the timing of the policy, he just wasted Nigerian scarce resources.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by gudugudumeje: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2023
@b0rn2fuck: Go hang for ceiling now; or, throw ur body 4front truck if u tire 2be Yoruba....
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Allisgud: 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2023
Corruption don win,Only revolution can solve Nigeria problem

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2023
Supreme court judgement is one thing ,implementation is another,trust me no sane Nigerian ,even an old woman in the market will ever accept old notes from you ,better take your notes to the bank and exchange lmao,old notes are gone forever
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Comelysync: 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2023
millionboi2:
after voting for apc abi
sorry Mr man that can't get over things and please stop quoting me please, I didn't vote for anyone mainly because am currently far from where my polling unit is, voting any party or anyone should not be basis of assistance, if you want to help a fellow human you don't know from Adam, help, if not stop joining Politics with assistance.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by xtivin(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
ecolime:
Na this useless court go restore Obi's stolen mandate so?

What concerns Supreme court with the monetary policy of the CBN? They even fixed a deadline sef cheesy

I've always said this, the Supreme Court is a joke.

The problem I see now is CBN will say they have destroyed retrieved old notes. And they still don't have the new notes to give to commercial banks.

This will lead to another round of unrests and wanton destruction of Banks properties because customers will want to withdraw by fire by force.

This I have seen 👀
Supreme Court will command them to print new one... The Supreme Court will even force a husband to sleep with his wife grin

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Josephkabila12: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
chiefolododo:
Supreme

This is like bringing back banditry and kidnapping
so with the new notes they can't do all this you mention again
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
. Abeg na who want still serve this country with all his strength, to be faithful loyal and honest hands up in the air.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by demoBaba: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
maasoap:

Dem say it was to prevent votes buying

Are you not happy when CBN governor brought the naira wahala? Because they want to broke Tinubu chance of becoming president.

Now Tinubu won the election....the naira issues brought by CBN governor become useless implementation.

But if Obi won this election....you won't say useless implementation.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by sheanzy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
obinna58:
Some people just want to see others suffer, after 8yrs of buhari looting and corruption he now wanted to set things straight achieve one big thing for the good of poor Nigerians (transformation), now tinubu will not agree unless he has done his own looting and corruption with cabals at the expense of the poor masses after rigging election

If this cashless policy is not maintained the next four years will be very very terrible, a terrible experience far beyond what you could imagine
thunder fire you and ur cashier policy people are buying money with money and you are saying it is for poor masses..

You are fool, your generation will not know peace for this comment

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Josephkabila12: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
They have finish their presidential mumu rigging , nothing impress me about Nigeria anymore. The South East people are right, Yoruba are the real problem. I'm sad being a Yoruba man.
ibo boy say him be Yoruba LoL 😆

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by morakakin(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Emefiele fit quickly go give order to burn all the 200,500,1000 notes that have been tender.
The way them dey think dey out of this world oo

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Seeeker:
IPOB in gutter

Obi-foolators didn't know that naira swap was conceived by Tinubu and Buhari to distract idiots from yeast region

My old 1000 naira notes dey home breathing.

Na ur papa dey lie

Obi won, Dubai mongrel also won, which one of the two clowns is lying?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Seeeker:
IPOB in gutter

Obi-foolators didn't know that naira swap was conceived by Tinubu and Buhari to distract idiots from yeast region

My old 1000 naira notes dey home breathing.

Obi won, Dubai mongrel also won, which one of the two clowns is lying?

Na tribalism dey worry you wey you type this plenty nonsense
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by NwokoloOwa: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
Some of us have been vindicated. The problem with some of us Nigerians is that we allow emotions to becloud our reasoning.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by snowball11(m): 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
The most confused country on the face of the earth! undecided

No policy direction, no leadership direction and no electioneering direction! undecided

What a disgrace of a nation! grin
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by XAUBulls: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Johnn78: 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
Lols
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by chypotenti(m): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
Na today Na Emefiele talk I dey follow sha nor be any modafucking court, so till Emefiele talk...we lost hope in our judiciary long before now....meanwhile Emefiele said they have destroyed the old notes grin grin grin grin.....Una wan bring back kidnapping again Nonsense Court
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by CodeTemplar: 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
Technically the CBN lied. They took notes out of circulation which doesn't qualify as a currency swap but reduction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire / Abba Kyari Buried In Abuja (Photos) / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.