Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With (46620 Views)

Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Ssddff: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Adakintroy:
Women rejecting you as a man is functional. Its part of our drive to strive hard. If women accept you the way you are you wil be average. We need women to reject us so we can strive hard to be accept.

And when you strive harder and become better, make sure you don’t settle for less, or the same kind of lady that rejected you.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 06, 2023
Puss360:

Lol... U want to confirm
Always aggressive in nature....
Always wanting to prove right.....
Oga swerve plzzzz....
No be you dey sub for me...

Almost everyone on Nairaland these days, has a volatile temper and it's quite saddening.

Where was the aggression in any of my responses to you, for God's sake?!

Even the observation I stated was done with a jovial tone.. undecided. Na wa o!

Madam, no vex abeg! I no get strength for nairalanders and their drama.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Olumaeme: 11:14am On Mar 06, 2023
Let her go!
If you like go and do illegal to afford her, your body go tell you.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Anticrime77: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2023
Forex is a career.. That's if ure good at it. Turned $200 to $3200 in d space of 3 weeks in jan simply because i ran à complete candle on monthly tf..A very trending mn. U dont need to believe me..pls i dont teach o. D point is the op is actually right.. There are lots of things one can make money from online.. Crypto, Forex, freelancing and more
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by MartinsD12(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2023
MrSmithy:

Okay!i get your point now but even if he has no other job aside crypto, he can still be very comfortable all he needs is just have a good saving method and maybe in future invest in other businesses atleast to augment and balance his finance.
All Good
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Seyong10(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2023
scholarshipbaze:
I work and trade crypto and forex, my girlfriend knows how much i earn, but because i have plans, i still live in a modern selfcon in an estate.

So tonight i asked my girlfriend whom i wish to marry, if she would be willing to marry me as i stay in this selfcon, even if i don't have money to rent 1bed room.

She said she can't, please what does this mean? Possibly not my class? Possibly might leave when things go bad?
My man, don't mind negative comments here.. To be very honest, she's a good lady, it's not advisable to marry into a self con.. what I believe is, she's trying to be a motivation to you. Trust me, my girlfriend is similar. She wants the best for your future and her child's

1 Like

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Puss360(f): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2023
Buddha3:

Almost everyone on Nairaland these days, has a volatile temper and it's quite saddening.

Where was the aggression in any of my responses to you, for God's sake?!

Even the observation I stated was done with a jovial tone.. undecided. Na wa o!

Madam, no vex abeg! I no get strength for nairalanders and their drama.
It's alright... Sorry for my response...🙈🙈🙈... Who I vote for no enter so me sef my body dey pepper me...no vex😂
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by WoroSeeWoro(m): 11:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Solocoin:

You wish to marry her but she's not wishing to marry you. Not because of the house you live but because she doesn't want to marry you and she's using that as a cover up. How about people living in face me I face you. How about those living in batcher people still marry them. Since she can't marry you then there's no need for you to continue with her.

Very correct bro ...she does not want to marry him....imagine a hard working guy livi9ng in a self con , i mean he is doing well for him self..do you kn ow what it take to pay self con rent in Lagos or any Big city in Nigeria?

truth is the stoopid girl dont have sense and does not truly love this guy, she may be playing tricks on him till she find someone and invite this guy to her wedding...

trust none of these girls with entitlement and fish brain like mentality ..our naija gals have destructive tactics a lot to struglling men

@womenareapezz have exposed us on all these nigerian gals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by kelspinall(m): 11:56am On Mar 06, 2023
oga get a life first before carrying woman matter for head...she will always leave when the benefits are no longer dropping like it used to..
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Eleganza33(f): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
scholarshipbaze:
I work and trade crypto and forex, my girlfriend knows how much i earn, but because i have plans, i still live in a modern selfcon in an estate.

So tonight i asked my girlfriend whom i wish to marry, if she would be willing to marry me as i stay in this selfcon, even if i don't have money to rent 1bed room.

She said she can't, please what does this mean? Possibly not my class? Possibly might leave when things go bad?

She said she can't
you should have asked for her reason then from there you know the next move.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by QueenVaji: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
franchasofficia:
To me, she is not entirely wrong for many reasons. Unless she is a materialistic lady before now, only you can tell cos you are the one that knows her better than we do.

Over time, I have come to realize that women of our time are more focused on their life goals than men.

Most women don't marry anyhow again unless they are getting aged and just need a sperm donor for procreation purposes, that is when they can settle for just any man willing to marry them.

But on a normal situation today, most modern ladies don't want to marry just anybody in the name of marriage, and I personally applaud them for that. Women are calculative when making marriage decision unlike men who make marriage decision based on how their dick rises and how their dick makes them feel for a girl.

Love is not enough reason to marry anybody in our current world and time. Love cannot pay bills. Love cannot pay rent. Love cannot feed a family. Neither can love pay school fees.

Don't be deceived by makebelieve movies you watch on Nollywood, Hollywood, Bollywood, etc films, their storylines don't always reflect the reality of life.

Many Nigerians foolishly believe that you can marry as a broke person and after marriage, whatever luck will shine on you and boom you blow and become rich and your wife that married you as a poor or broke guy starts to enjoy wealth, just as they portray in Nollywood films, but little did they know that all those things are lies, just mere imagination of the movie script writer which hardly happens in real life. I don't think there are up to 5% of married people that married broke and later became rich or comfortable in Nigeria. The number is very small and negligible to make any reasonable person to take such risk today.

And if you go close to those that married broke and later became rich or comfortable in life, you will discover that they were prepared for success, how? Most had a job and just starting a career, so it is normal for them to grow in their career with time. Some of them had business they were doing and it is also normal for a small business to grow bigger if managed properly. Some had saleable skills they were honing or grooming, some studied lucrative courses or were studying and in the process got good jobs and grew from there, so luck didn't just shine on them from nowhere without preparations.

If its true that after a broke guy marries, marital luck will open doors for him and he will start to succeed financially and become financially buoyant or rich, then we wouldn't have more than 100 million married poor Nigerians today. If life happens that way, your parents ought to be rich, your poor friend's parents too ought to be rich since they also married poor.

To succeed financially in life, you must be smart in your thinking, you must be calculative in all your dealings in life, and you must be very wise and realistic in all your critical life decisions like marriage.

Please dear Nigerian guys, don't marry anyhow again oh, life has changed. Opportunities of survival are reducing daily due to oversaturation in almost all human endeavors due to global overpopulation oh.

Don't marry a jobless girl in the name of you love her, she loves you....don't marry any girl in the name of she is beautiful, she is young, she is fertile, she has sexy shape, because by the time poverty and financial pressure hit you in marriage, you will hate her without even remembering how beautiful or sexy she is.

Don't even marry any girl just because she knows how to cook or clean the house or greet people, those are outdated qualities to use as sole reason to marry any girl.

Marry wisely for your own future and for the better future of your unborn kids.

Marry ladies with saleable skills.

Marry ladies that have good career.

Marry ladies that are financially productive.

Marry only ladies that are pursuing a career or a sustainable business or trade.

Stop marrying broke, jobless, lazy girls no matter how rich you think you are.

How many rich guys do you see marrying broke, jobless girls?

Son of former IG of Police married Aliko Dangote's daughter.

Son of Oil Billionaire Indimi married President Buhari's daughter.

Tinubu's son married the daughter of a global shipping line MD.

British Royal Prince Harry married Meghan Merkle who is an American A-list Actress.

Former US President Donald Trump's daughter married the son of a business tycoon. Where do I start or stop?

Only boys from poor families rush to marry broke, jobless girls without tangible career or saleable skill once they mistakenly hit money via Yahoo or one off business deal that makes them feel arrived, and few years down the line they go back to their poverty and financial struggle trenches just because of their mistake in marrying foolishly in the name of romantic love and showoff.

Nigerian guys stop marrying anyhow. Put on your thinking cap, stop encouraging Nigerian girls to be lazy and unproductive. That small millions you think you have is nothing when economic difficulty hits you.

Stop looking at flimsy things when picking a wife, we are no longer in the 1970s or 1980s, so you cannot marry for the same reasons your father married your mom, time have changed, global economy have changed, life is becoming more and more difficult all over the world, so you need a lady that is ready to work and partner with you in building a prosperous family, not just popping out kids every 9 months.

Marry a lady that can sustain the family financially if anything happens to you and renders you financially or physically incapacitated for months or even years.

And if you must marry a jobless lady, make sure you have the financial means to set her up with a profitable business or career or skill, and make sure she is ready for this and not just being ready with mouth, be sure she is truly prepared and ambitious to chart her own financial course with little assistance at the beginning. Don't think opening a supermarket or clothing or hair salon for your wife means she now has a job, most of the time, they end up squandering the business capital without anything to show for it. Consider all these things before you marry any lady today.

It is better they call you gold digger than for you to end up marrying a financial liability that will destroy your future.

Back to your topic, the lady is not confident in what you are doing now. She doesn't see a future in those things you are doing and she is scared marrying you may land her into another poverty she has been into under her parents. Its either you sit her down and explain to her why you don't want to rent a bigger apartment and also tell her your future plans, what you want in life, your goals, your financial plans, and while doing this, also ask her her own financial goals and plans in marriage. How does she intend to contribute in building her marriage, supporting her husband in achieving a successful family? Hear her out and also consider what she is currently doing, the course she studied also matters, the skills she has and what she has been using them for currently and her utterances. Her friends; what are they doing, how far have they gone in life?

Consider her family background too, can you cope with their own financial baggage, if any? Is she from a family that can support you or her in growing financially? Will they mar your own growth with their numerous financial problems and requests?

Marry wisely oh if not, you and your unborn kids go hear am oh.

BigBashiru:

Your post is one of the wisest I've read on nairaland in a while....I learned a lot from it...

I swear to God almighty, this post should be studied as a course in our universities right now. but then again u cant judge this girl or any girl with just this particular reason alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by AutoRedux: 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
Crypto and Forex. Awon gambler. You wan come suffer pesin pikin,
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Zedoo(m): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
franchasofficia:

[s][/s]To me, she is not entirely wrong for many reasons. Unless she is a materialistic lady before now, only you can tell cos you are the one that knows her better than we do.

Over time, I have come to realize that women of our time are more focused by on their life goals than men.

Most women don't marry anyhow again unless they are getting aged and just need a sperm donor for procreation purposes, that is when they can settle for just any man willing to marry them.

But on a normal situation today, most modern ladies don't want to marry just anybody in the name of marriage, and I personally applaud them for that. Women are calculative when making marriage decision unlike men who make marriage decision based on how their dick rises and how their dick makes them feel for a girl.

Love is not enough reason to marry anybody in our current world and time. Love cannot pay bills. Love cannot pay rent. Love cannot feed a family. Neither can love pay school fees.

Don't be deceived by makebelieve movies you watch on Nollywood, Hollywood, Bollywood, etc films, their storylines don't always reflect the reality of life.

Many Nigerians foolishly believe that you can marry as a broke person and after marriage, whatever luck will shine on you and boom you blow and become rich and your wife that married you as a poor or broke guy starts to enjoy wealth, just as they portray in Nollywood films, but little did they know that all those things are lies, just mere imagination of the movie script writer which hardly happens in real life. I don't think there are up to 5% of married people that married broke and later became rich or comfortable in Nigeria. The number is very small and negligible to make any reasonable person to take such risk today.

And if you go close to those that married broke and later became rich or comfortable in life, you will discover that they were prepared for success, how? Most had a job and just starting a career, so it is normal for them to grow in their career with time. Some of them had business they were doing and it is also normal for a small business to grow bigger if managed properly. Some had saleable skills they were honing or grooming, some studied lucrative courses or were studying and in the process got good jobs and grew from there, so luck didn't just shine on them from nowhere without preparations.

If its true that after a broke guy marries, marital luck will open doors for him and he will start to succeed financially and become financially buoyant or rich, then we wouldn't have more than 100 million married poor Nigerians today. If life happens that way, your parents ought to be rich, your poor friend's parents too ought to be rich since they also married poor.

To succeed financially in life, you must be smart in your thinking, you must be calculative in all your dealings in life, and you must be very wise and realistic in all your critical life decisions like marriage.

Please dear Nigerian guys, don't marry anyhow again oh, life has changed. Opportunities of survival are reducing daily due to oversaturation in almost all human endeavors due to global overpopulation oh.

Don't marry a jobless girl in the name of you love her, she loves you....don't marry any girl in the name of she is beautiful, she is young, she is fertile, she has sexy shape, because by the time poverty and financial pressure hit you in marriage, you will hate her without even remembering how beautiful or sexy she is.

Don't even marry any girl just because she knows how to cook or clean the house or greet people, those are outdated qualities to use as sole reason to marry any girl.

Marry wisely for your own future and for the better future of your unborn kids.

Marry ladies with saleable skills.

Marry ladies that have good career.

Marry ladies that are financially productive.

Marry only ladies that are pursuing a career or a sustainable business or trade.

Stop marrying broke, jobless, lazy girls no matter how rich you think you are.

How many rich guys do you see marrying broke, jobless girls?

Son of former IG of Police married Aliko Dangote's daughter.

Son of Oil Billionaire Indimi married President Buhari's daughter.

Tinubu's son married the daughter of a global shipping line MD.

British Royal Prince Harry married Meghan Merkle who is an American A-list Actress.

Former US President Donald Trump's daughter married the son of a business tycoon. Where do I start or stop?

Only boys from poor families rush to marry broke, jobless girls without tangible career or saleable skill once they mistakenly hit money via Yahoo or one off business deal that makes them feel arrived, and few years down the line they go back to their poverty and financial struggle trenches just because of their mistake in marrying foolishly in the name of romantic love and showoff.

Nigerian guys stop marrying anyhow. Put on your thinking cap, stop encouraging Nigerian girls to be lazy and unproductive. That small millions you think you have is nothing when economic difficulty hits you.

Stop looking at flimsy things when picking a wife, we are no longer in the 1970s or 1980s, so you cannot marry for the same reasons your father married your mom, time have changed, global economy have changed, life is becoming more and more difficult all over the world, so you need a lady that is ready to work and partner with you in building a prosperous family, not just popping out kids every 9 months.

Marry a lady that can sustain the family financially if anything happens to you and renders you financially or physically incapacitated for months or even years.

And if you must marry a jobless lady, make sure you have the financial means to set her up with a profitable business or career or skill, and make sure she is ready for this and not just being ready with mouth, be sure she is truly prepared and ambitious to chart her own financial course with little assistance at the beginning. Don't think opening a supermarket or clothing or hair salon for your wife means she now has a job, most of the time, they end up squandering the business capital without anything to show for it. Consider all these things before you marry any lady today.

It is better they call you gold digger than for you to end up marrying a financial liability that will destroy your future.

Back to your topic, the lady is not confident in what you are doing now. She doesn't see a future in those things you are doing and she is scared marrying you may land her into another poverty she has been into under her parents. Its either you sit her down and explain to her why you don't want to rent a bigger apartment and also tell her your future plans, what you want in life, your goals, your financial plans, and while doing this, also ask her her own financial goals and plans in marriage. How does she intend to contribute in building her marriage, supporting her husband in achieving a successful family? Hear her out and also consider what she is currently doing, the course she studied also matters, the skills she has and what she has been using them for currently and her utterances. Her friends; what are they doing, how far have they gone in life?

Consider her family background too, can you cope with their own financial baggage, if any? Is she from a family that can support you or her in growing financially? Will they mar your own growth with their numerous financial problems and requests?

Marry wisely oh if not, you and your unborn kids go hear am oh[s][/s]

You just said rubbish but I no get time to argue.

@op listen, the minute any woman mentions to your face or behind your back your material status, or profession or anything tangible as a reason to (or not to) marry you, just WALK AWAY.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Slade47(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanks your stars my brother
She either an olo$ho or a trophy wife
Either way just jejely give her chance
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by DrDunamis(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
scholarshipbaze:

Carry yourself and move on.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Jsucre:
lolz. Depends on goal and vision and the type of woman you married. Hustle legitimately smart and pray.
Don't lie to people abeg! undecided

It does not depend on any of that. That you think those who lived and died in selfcon did not marry well or have right goals and visions is more reason why you should not spread what you continue to as though it happens to all. Life offers no group of individuals a template as far as how things will turn out, so if you don't despise your neighbor, do not feed them such stories. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Omisayee(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
@scholarshipbaze don't fall victim of emotional crisis. Always be leader of your emotions don't allow your emotions to lead you. Dust her and move your normal life . Great love lays ahead .
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by crossbreedwears(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yours is a different case sir. You saved up to buy a land while this guy claims he's worth 30M and lives in a self-contain. I wouldn't do such a thing and I will look for a cheaper a room and parlour apart. Everybody likes comfort no matter how small it is
johnfem321:
There is nothing wrong in staying in self contain and worth 30million.. also he said cash and assets not raw cash.. life is about planning and if he doesn’t need that space yet.. there is no point spending wasting that kind of money .. i stayed in selfcontain for 2 years.. bought a land worth over 35million in the same estate .. life is all about planning that how the rich get richer.. you can call it stingy.. the cost of my yearly rent now is less than 1% of my networth.. I don’t drive any big car cause I don’t need it for now
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by harmony75: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Face me and slap you, which one is selfcon.. Let her be God go do am for you, you will get good woman no worries!
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Afolue(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Don’t mind her, she’s still very young and inexperienced. Life hasn’t taught her yet
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Solocoin: 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
WoroSeeWoro:

Very correct bro ...she does not want to marry him....imagine a hard working guy livi9ng in a self con , i mean he is doing well for him self..do you kn ow what it take to pay self con rent in Lagos or any Big city in Nigeria?

truth is the stoopid girl dont have sense and does not truly love this guy, she may be playing tricks on him till she find someone and invite this guy to her wedding...

trust none of these girls with entitlement and fish brain like mentality ..our naija gals have destructive tactics a lot to struglling men

@womenareapezz have exposed us on all these nigerian gals
Honestly someone paying for self con is not doing bad at all and he also have a source of income.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Jsucre(m): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Don't lie to people abeg! undecided

It does not depend on any of that. That you think those who lived and died in selfcon did not marry well or have right goals and visions is more reason why you should not spread what you continue to as though it happens to all. Life offers no group of individuals a template as far as how things will turn out, so if you don't despise your neighbor, do not feed them such stories. undecided
dey play
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Jsucre:
dey play
Be real! undecided
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by shoczy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
scholarshipbaze:

Lol, m worth over 30m in cash and assets, still skeptical about staying in the country or leaving thats why am still in a selfcon... She doesn't know

But i wana marry befor either leaving or settling, and am wondering if you can't now, where is the love??

Since you’re not married to her, I don’t think need to know your earnings, She think you’re not buoyant enough because she knows your earnings!!…
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Jsucre(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Be real! undecided
your way is not pure.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by Opzynaira: 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
jackson44:

What's your rmb rate ?

Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by faithfull18(f): 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Smh at the comments on this thread.
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by jackson44(m): 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
Opzynaira:

Do you accept escrow ?
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by okine4real: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
In my area now, minimum cost of room self contain is 400k yearly rent. So if you dey pay 400k, you dey try....
Re: My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With by NewKidInTown(m): 9:39am On Apr 04, 2023
Hello boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. / Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now / Married Woman Justify Her Secret Affair After DNA Reveals Real Father of Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.