Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava (2282 Views)

Upcoming Wedding Palava / Someone Needs Your Help Or Advice / HUSTLE O. Tell Us One Reason Why Someone Needs To Hustle & Make It In This Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
caution001:
Fast forward to this year. She told me she is pregnant for the same guy they are both incompatible as regards to the genotype. My parents are not yet aware but if they know they will disown her with immediate effect.
What can she do please? Because she's seeking my opinion but I personally don't know what she can do because I have warned her several times. Please advice.
What can she do about what exactly? Didn't she know she would get pregnant if she had sex with a man or something? undecided

Seeking your opinion regarding what exactly? undecided
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
Uniquetani1:
F O O L
You know that these trolls thrive on the attention you lot give them, right? undecided
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by Uniquetani1(f): 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You know that these trolls thrive on the attention you lot give them, right? undecided

I am a Moralist

1 Like

Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by rickleye: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
caution001:
Dear nairalanders,
Help me, I'm actually seeking advice for someone because the person is at a point she has allowed her past to dictate the recent trouble she brought upon herself. Anyway the person is my sister. She had several abortions years back. In year 2020, she is in her early 30s when she met a guy and they both agreed to do introduction, of which they did but the guy is not aware of her past. But it was quite unfortunate to discover the both of them has AS genotype at the time they were preparing for their traditional marriage and the parents of the bride disagreed, my parents. Later, the groom parents also disagreed considering the implications of two AS marrying each other. I personally pleaded with my sister that she should let the guy go but she wouldn't listen. Fast forward to this year. She told me she is pregnant for the same guy they are both incompatible as regards to the genotype. My parents are not yet aware but if they know they will disown her with immediate effect.
What can she do please? Because she's seeking my opinion but I personally don't know what she can do because I have warned her several times.

Please advice.

The best thing you can do is google and try and find people who are both AS and the experiences they are facing bringing a child into the world.
If she does not do the proper thing, then you tell your parents.
1. You are saving her from being a single parent.
2. You are saving yourself from being an Aunt and being responsible in part to care for the child.
3. You are saving her from herself.
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by zed7: 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kswine:

?

It's important for your sister to remember that having sickle cell disease does not mean that she cannot have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
The sister doesn't have sickle cell. The epistle you copied doesn't apply here.
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by caution001: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Thank you for all your advice. I really appreciate your word of advice. It means a lot.

She can't abort the pregnant again because I can't count how many times she has aborted.

I am considering that this might be her last chance.
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by caution001: 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nigerian girls I fear you people o. Starting from my sister because she's my only sister. She didn't believe in a better tomorrow.
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by Kswine(m): 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

The sister doesn't have sickle cell. The epistle you copied doesn't apply here.

Seriously am not suppose to reply you because it's obvious you don't know what you are saying but don't worry I'll explain and I hope you learn from this.
The AS genotype is also known as sickle cell trait. Sickle cell trait is an inherited condition in which a person has one normal hemoglobin gene (HbA) and one abnormal hemoglobin gene (HbS). If you still don't understand, Google is your friend.
And stop assuming everyone is so dumb like you. Peace
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by zed7: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2023
Kswine:

Seriously am not suppose to reply you because it's obvious you don't know what you are saying but don't worry I'll explain and I hope you learn from this.
The AS genotype is also known as sickle cell trait. Sickle cell trait is an inherited condition in which a person has one normal hemoglobin gene (HbA) and one abnormal hemoglobin gene (HbS). If you still don't understand, Google is your friend.
And stop assuming everyone is so dumb like you. Peace
Own up that you goofed. AS is different from SS. The sister is AS and the copy and paste advice was tips to help an SS patient.

What is so hard in saying you made a mistake? AS patients are as normal as AA and only show signs of sickling in high altitude. They don't need any special care during pregnancy and childbirth, only SS do. The sister isn't going to experience a 'crisis ' during childbirth.

Go and read your quote again. You goofed, don't further increase your ignorance level. The only reason I'm even bothering replying and correcting you is because I dislike people who copy articles without understanding them and thereby spreading falsehood.

Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by Kswine(m): 1:32am On Mar 10, 2023
zed7:

Own up that you goofed. AS is different from SS. The sister is AS and the copy and paste advice was tips to help an SS patient.

What is so hard in saying you made a mistake? AS patients are as normal as AA and only show signs of sickling in high altitude. They don't need any special care during pregnancy and childbirth, only SS do. The sister isn't going to experience a 'crisis ' during childbirth.

Go and read your quote again. You goofed, don't further increase your ignorance level. The only reason I'm even bothering replying and correcting you is because I dislike people who copy articles without understanding them and thereby spreading falsehood.

I won't bring myself so low to your level man, like I said earlier stop assuming everyone is so dumb as you are. My explanation is straight and detailed enough for anyone to understand. I don't know why you feel the need to attack my comment, you don't know me from anywhere and you just assume my comment was copied from somewhere. Man please get a life!

Note: AS and SS are both related to the sickle cell gene
Re: Please Someone Needs Your Advice - Pregnant Palava by zed7: 6:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Kswine:

I won't bring myself so low to your level man, like I said earlier stop assuming everyone is so dumb as you are. My explanation is straight and detailed enough for anyone to understand. I don't know why you feel the need to attack my comment, you don't know me from anywhere and you just assume my comment was copied from somewhere. Man please get a life!

Note: AS and SS are both related to the sickle cell gene
If after breaking down everything to you like a 2 year old, including adding screenshot, you are still arguing about your folly, I give up.
You foolishness will be exposed offline someday where you wouldn't have the privilege of spewing nonsense behind a keyboard.
Dumb, wannabe medical advisor. I only hope you're not a medical student, you'll be a disaster waiting to happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Lady Is Interested In A Guy And This Happens / I Kept On Meeting Shorter Ladies / Low Key Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.