Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? (5111 Views)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by blahc007: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2023
tunde4top:
I was expecting your list to reach 100 and not just this 6.

I don't know why we humans like to prove that we know more than the owner and giver of salvation that says this is my only simple requirement for salvation. We sha like to add our own ingredients to make it look hard to attain.

The subject of salvation in the Bible is specific and should be treated that way. Never mix it up with other subjects.

If you declare with your mouth, β€œJesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

The above is the gospel of Jesus that anyone that believes in it shall be saved (1st Corinthian 15:1-3)

Affirm the above with other scriptures like John 3:16, John 6:40, John 6:47, Mark 16:15 etc. Act 16:30-31 They all specifically say the same thing on the requirement for salvation

Did the dying thief on the cross in Mathew 27:38 also acted everything in this your long list before Jesus assured him of paradise?

That is why salvation is a gift that no man can work for. Not even Abraham attained it by work. Why are you now attaching work conditions to it?
Ephesian 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
I tire oo....works works works.... something that you just need to genuinely believe and confess, baba don add things join
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Uchennaz(m): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2023
tunde4top:
I was expecting your list to reach 100 and not just this 6.

I don't know why we humans like to prove that we know more than the owner and giver of salvation that says this is my only simple requirement for salvation. We sha like to add our own ingredients to make it look hard to attain.

The subject of salvation in the Bible is specific and should be treated that way. Never mix it up with other subjects.

If you declare with your mouth, β€œJesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

The above is the gospel of Jesus that anyone that believes in it shall be saved (1st Corinthian 15:1-3)

Affirm the above with other scriptures like John 3:16, John 6:40, John 6:47, Mark 16:15 etc. Act 16:30-31 They all specifically say the same thing on the requirement for salvation

Did the dying thief on the cross in Mathew 27:38 also acted everything in this your long list before Jesus assured him of paradise?

That is why salvation is a gift that no man can work for. Not even Abraham attained it by work. Why are you now attaching work conditions to it?
Ephesian 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

I respected your knowledge in the word of God.
As u mentioned Abraham and other our biblical patriarchs, if there action was not justify with will of God, they won't be in that recognize positions.
Look at David,Enoch etc that grace found, all because there consciousness and work of obidence.
I was a member of church that believe once u ask God for forgiveness u are forgiven immediately with all the consequences involved, remembering it become sin on it own, with that mindset they indulge in all manner of fornication and adulterous act because they sees it as gift that can't be taken way and abuse.
Don't be decieved, you have your part which involves work to safeguard your salvation.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 11:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
The whole thing doesn't make sense. I will burn in hell because I don't believe in one Jesus guy even though I'm not a bad person? This doesn't make much sense but for real, ignorance is bliss. For real.
you will die because of your ignorance

In exam if you don't know the truth, will you not fail that exam?

Same way in our real world, life is like exam and Lord Jesus Christ the Supreme, the Father of All KNOWLEDGE is the truth. If you die without knowing the truth you will die(spiritual death)
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Depends on your reason for asking. The Kingdom of God is God's special Nation of priests which God promised to make of the people of Israel, i.e, the Lost sheep of Israel - Exodus 19 vs 6 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 undecided

2. Spare me the rambling, please! Are you instead saying here that Jesus Christ lied when He declared that the only way to gain access into the KIngdom of God is to be born-again? undecided

Are you saying that the Kingdom of God is only for the lost sheep of Israel?

Secondly, your second submission has nothing to do with what I wrote that you can't understand scripture with your head. And I'd also love to know what Jesus meant by being born again. Thanks
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 11:35am On Mar 12, 2023
Uchennaz:

I respected your knowledge in the word of God.
As u mentioned Abraham and other our biblical patriarchs, if there action was not justify with will of God, they won't be in that recognize positions.
Look at David,Enoch etc that grace found, all because there consciousness and work of obidence.
I was a member of church that believe once u ask God for forgiveness u are forgiven immediately with all the consequences involved, remembering it become sin on it own, with that mindset they indulge in all manner of fornication and adulterous act because they sees it as gift that can't be taken way and abuse.
Don't be decieved, you have your part which involves work to safeguard your salvation.
Abraham, David and Enoch came before Christ

Chirst resurrection from the dead usher in a new era for humanity

You don't need to keep the commandments just Know and accept Christ as Your Lord and you have a sure ticket to heaven

Your ggod behavior can never take you to heaven, because everyday you make eroors that some believers might call a sin but yet you don't feel condemn because according to you, that type of error is not sin worthy but funny enough that same actions could be considered as a worthy sin to other believers

Na confusion like this make Jesus Christ to die for our foolish actions because no matter how many times man try to live holy, it can never reach God standard of holiness, that is why you need to accept the works of Christ and believe and Know that Christ came to die for all your past and future sins once and for all.

Now you might think that it is a license to keep sinning but the truth is when you start studying the word of God and you start doing what God said, you will see yourself not sinning again

The number one reason why Christians keep sining is because they don't know the Scriptures and the power behind the scriptures, because if they do, they will not sin

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
you will die because of your ignorance

In exam if you don't know the truth, will you not fail that exam?

Same way in our real world, life is like exam and Lord Jesus Christ the Supreme, the Father of All KNOWLEDGE is the truth. If you die without knowing the truth you will die(spiritual death)

Lol. When a so-called good script is sold with fear just know that is either coming from a bad person or it is bad script. Religion is useful but it is imperfect and refusing to accept this is delusion.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. When a so-called good script is sold with fear just know that is either coming from a bad person or it is bad script. Religion is useful but it is imperfect and refusing to accept this is delusion.

you don't understand that is why you are scared

Do you know that the major reason why student feared mathematics was because they don't understand mathematics?

Christianity is not a religion but it has a religion and that religion is LOVE.

Christianity is about having Knowledge, because Christ is the Father of All KNOWLEDGE

When Lord Jesus Christ come into your heart, what is expected to change is the way you talk, act and think.

This is because when a higher knowledge come to you, what is expected to change from you is the way you think, talk and act
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Depsui(m): 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
The whole thing doesn't make sense. I will burn in hell because I don't believe in one Jesus guy even though I'm not a bad person? This doesn't make much sense but for real, ignorance is bliss. For real.

You may not be a bad person but you're not perfect and sinless. God is 100% holy, so you can't join God in heaven with anything less than 100% holiness. Not 99%, 70% or 50% only 100%.

The good news is now that God knows that because we're human, nobody can achieve 100% holiness, so Jesus Christ came to the world and lived a life of 100% percent holiness. When you believe in Jesus Christ, you receive his 100% holiness and that will enable you to go to heaven.

The question is why will you turn down a free gift of 100% holiness and be relying on your own 90% holiness? It makes no sense. You don't have to do anything else, just believe in Jesus Christ and accept his holiness and you get to go to heaven. It's as simple as that.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
Exactly. Yes
GreatAchiever1:
Saved by Grace alone through Faith alone in Christ alone
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
We are saved by faith alone.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
From my limited understanding, God is the one who sees us, and he is the one who chooses who he saves, it does not depend on our works.

Jesus has freely offered salvation and Justification to anyone who believes in him, therefore we have to humble ourselves and fear God.

we need to put our faith and trust in God.

Depsui:

You may not be a bad person but you're not perfect and sinless. God is 100% holy, so you can't join God in heaven with anything less than 100% holiness. Not 99%, 70% or 50% only 100%.

The good news is now that God knows that because we're human, nobody can achieve 100% holiness, so Jesus Christ came to the world and lived a life of 100% percent holiness. When you believe in Jesus Christ, you receive his 100% holiness and that will enable you to go to heaven.

The question is why will you turn down a free gift of 100% holiness and be relying on your own 90% holiness? It makes no sense. You don't have to do anything else, just believe in Jesus Christ and accept his holiness and you get to go to heaven. It's as simple as that.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by orisa37: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
OH YES. WHEN YOU TRULY KNOW WHO JESUS REALLY IS.
JESUS IS YOU IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND LIFE.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Depsui(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
SeriouslySense:
From my limited understanding, God is the one who sees us, and he is the one who chooses who he saves, it does not depend on our works.

Jesus has freely offered salvation and Justification to anyone who believes in him, therefore we have to humble ourselves and fear God.

Wrong, God does not choose who to save. He has offered salvation to everyone. It is God's will for everyone to be saved but He won't force salvation on anyone. It is only does that accept the offering of salvation that will be saved.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
Okay, i believe that is more correct, to those who accept. I am wrong truly on he chooses then.

Once we accept his gift of salvation we were/are saved. That is a wonderful event.
Depsui:

Wrong, God does not choose who to save. He has offered salvation to everyone. It is God's will for everyone to be saved but He won't force salvation on anyone. It is only does that accept the offering of salvation that will be saved.

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
smiley smiley So therefore let all come to God, come as you are, do not be afraid, trust God and accept his gift of salvation, if only you had faith, even a little faith like the mustard seed.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
you don't understand that is why you are scared

Do you know that the major reason why student feared mathematics was because they don't understand mathematics?

Christianity is not a religion but it has a religion and that religion is LOVE.

Christianity is about having Knowledge, because Christ is the Father of All KNOWLEDGE

When Lord Jesus Christ come into your heart, what is expected to change is the way you talk, act and think.

This is because when a higher knowledge come to you, what is expected to change from you is the way you think, talk and act

As long as there is a hell fire somewhere for people who don't agree with any doctrine/belief that belief cannot be deemed to be healthy by anyone with a sound mind.

I don't doubt the existence of these Gods because I know nothing but I know morality and I don't think anyone who isn't brainwashed will worship them. Even the very idea of worship is egocentric.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by udoh2k: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Believe, repent and stop sinning
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Righthussle:
Religion na scam. You dont need to be saved from anything.

There is no life after death.

Their scary hellfire "ojuju-Calabar" story is fake that is told to people to scare them into accepting their nonsense belief.

Their sweet heaven story, about a fine place with many mansions and seven virgins for men bla bla bla that one can only experience after death is fake that only fools will believe.

Where did u get u belief from, let me use it to weigh Ur teaching. If u got Ur seasoning from nowhere, u are also Fake and scammer.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Depsui:

I don't think he is Holy. None of what he did in the old testament is a testament of holiness and none of what he intends to do at the close of the new testament shows the way of holiness. You cannot convince any good person who has not heard about your God that your God is holy by showing him the things he's done. He may be real, I don't know, but I don't think he is a good person.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
As long as there is a hell fire somewhere for people who don't agree with any doctrine/belief that belief cannot be deemed to be healthy by anyone with a sound mind.

I don't doubt the existence of these Gods because I know nothing but I know morality and I don't think anyone who isn't brainwashed will worship them. Even the very idea of worship is egocentric.

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
Righthussle:
Religion na scam. You dont need to be saved from anything.

There is no life after death.

Their scary hellfire "ojuju-Calabar" story is fake that is told to people to scare them into accepting their nonsense belief.

Their sweet heaven story, about a fine place with many mansions and seven virgins for men bla bla bla that one can only experience after death is fake that only fools will believe.

U have to believe that that u that u see in Ur dream is also Fake, believe also that death is Fake, how can u die, no no, u cant die
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2023
Yes but by believing is keeping his commandment. I believe in nigeria, but u are not law abiding, dont u think that u will go to jail. Same thing applicable, u believe in Jesus, but u are a sinner, u dont keep the law given by him, u will be jailed in hell, period.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
HappyPagan:
Jesus wey no save hismelf from him village people ..what can he save me from? grin
Nothing, continue Ur life Ok, its good, no one can save u Ok, u can save Urself, but one thing is clear, just as when u dream about Urself in trouble and no one to help u, so also when u will die, u wont see any one to help u, u will be on Ur own, u cant do what u like on Ur own, just like dream, in dream, u dont tell what u have to dream, then when u die, whoever tells u to remember this day u are ranting here eh.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
blahc007:

I tire oo....works works works.... something that you just need to genuinely believe and confess, baba don add things join
Dont work, sit and believe Ok, a student who just believe that he will pass exam, and refused to read, guess what? Hehehe, i believe in naija, but u do not keep the country's law, what do u expect? Jail naa. Count Ur teeth with Ur tongue
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
BloomingDale:
Christianity is the highest form of witchcraft.
true? Hahaha, witchcraft itself go be wetin. Hmm, these muslims self, constituting neusance.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
xtgozie:
Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
hahaha, be deceiving urself, that his righteousness na im make his belief standard, u cant just say, i believe in lips alone and u are a sinner, u cant be saved, he also said it, if u love me, keep my commandment, u cant just say i love him, but u fail to keep his commandment, likewise belief, u believe and that makes u to love him, and by loving him is keeping his commandment, its a simple syllogy.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:

if you dont know the answers to the exam questions,
will you fail the exam?

Yes or no?

That is the same with life, if you don't have the answer to life, you will get death
Now this death is not talking about physical death but the spiritual death which is the one that lead you to hell not because God is wicked no, but because you are ignorant to the finished work of Christ

Just as you fail the exams not because the lecturer is wicked but because you are ignorant of the truth of the exam which is the answer to the exam questions

(Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life no one goes to God except through Him, just as you can't pass your exams except you provide the truth of the exams)
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
β–  Are you saying that the Kingdom of God is only for the lost sheep of Israel?
β–  Secondly, your second submission has nothing to do with what I wrote that you can't understand scripture with your head. And I'd also love to know what Jesus meant by being born again. Thanks
1. Jesus Christ Himself told you this, echoing even the prophets before Him - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided

2. Jesus Christ pretty much explained in John 3 vs 1 - 8 that except a man be born-again -- born of water and born of spirit -- , He can't gain access into God's special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God either through the broad Gate which leads to destruction(Hellfire) or the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) at its end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by s4short: 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
Abraham, David and Enoch came before Christ

Chirst resurrection from the dead usher in a new era for humanity

You don't need to keep the commandments just Know and accept Christ as Your Lord and you have a sure ticket to heaven

Your ggod behavior can never take you to heaven, because everyday you make eroors that some believers might call a sin but yet you don't feel condemn because according to you, that type of error is not sin worthy but funny enough that same actions could be considered as a worthy sin to other believers

Na confusion like this make Jesus Christ to die for our foolish actions because no matter how many times man try to live holy, it can never reach God standard of holiness, that is why you need to accept the works of Christ and believe and Know that Christ came to die for all your past and future sins once and for all.

Now you might think that it is a license to keep sinning but the truth is when you start studying the word of God and you start doing what God said, you will see yourself not sinning again

The number one reason why Christians keep sining is because they don't know the Scriptures and the power behind the scriptures, because if they do, they will not sin

So who or what will save Abraham, David and the rest since they came before Christ?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
if you dont know the answers to the exam questions,
will you fail the exam?

Yes or no?

That is the same with life, if you don't have the answer to life, you will get death
Now this death is not talking about physical death but the spiritual death which is the one that lead you to hell not because God is wicked no, but because you are ignorant to the finished work of Christ

Just as you fail the exams not because the lecturer is wicked but because you are ignorant of the truth of the exam which is the answer to the exam questions

(Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life no one goes to God except through Him, just as you can't pass your exams except you provide the truth of the exams)
I don't have energy for this sort of thing anymore.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ Himself told you this, echoing even the prophets before Him - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided

2. Jesus Christ pretty much explained in John 3 vs 1 - 8 that except a man be born-again -- born of water and born of spirit -- , He can't gain access into God's special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God either through the broad Gate which leads to destruction(Hellfire) or the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) at its end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. undecided

So, where do you end up at the end of your life since you are not one of the 'lost sheep of Israel that the Kingdom of God is meant for'?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. I don't have energy for this sort of thing anymore.
you know what I'm saying is the truth but you can choose to ignore it for now smiley

But the good news about the truth is that the truth is like a seed that will die at first but will resurrect and grow to become a tree

One day the truth will make you free. smiley

Have a lovely sunday my friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Doctors Challenging God / Freedom From The Fear Of Death - Joseph Prince / β€œI Am Sleeping With My Boss!” – KICC Bishop Bismark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.