Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? (5081 Views)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Mftivi: 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jokanem:
“Believe in Jesus”​—Is Belief in Jesus Enough for Salvation?

Christians believe that Jesus died for the sins of humankind. (1 Peter 3:18) However, salvation requires more than believing in Jesus as Savior. The demons know that Jesus is “the Son of God,” but they face destruction, not salvation.—Luke 4:41; Jude 6.

What must I do to be saved?

1) You must believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for our sins. (Acts 16:30, 31; 1 John 2:2)
This includes believing that Jesus was a real person and that all of what the Bible account says about him is accurate.

2) Learn what the Bible really teaches. (2 Timothy 3:15)
The Bible says that the apostle Paul and Silas told a jailer: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will get saved.” Then, after that, they began to teach “the word of Jehovah” a to the jailer. (Acts 16:31, 32)

This indicates that the jailer could not truly believe in Jesus unless he had a basic understanding of God’s Word. He needed accurate knowledge based on the Scriptures.—1 Timothy 2:3, 4.

3). Repent. (Acts 3:19)
You must also repent, or feel deep sorrow, over previous wrong attitudes and conduct. Your repentance will be obvious to others as you stop practices that offend God and do “works that befit repentance.”—Acts 26:20.

4)Get baptized. (Matthew 28:19) Jesus said that those who become his disciples would be baptized. The jailer mentioned earlier was baptized. (Acts 16:33) Similarly, after the apostle Peter taught a large crowd the truth about Jesus, “those who gladly accepted his word were baptized.”—Acts 2:40, 41.

5) Obey Jesus’ instructions. (Hebrews 5:9)
Those who “observe all the things” that Jesus commanded show by their life course that they are his followers. (Matthew 28:20) They become “doers of the word and not hearers only.”—James 1:22.

6) Endure to the end. (Mark 13:13) Jesus’ disciples “need endurance” in order to be saved. (Hebrews 10:36) For example, the apostle Paul maintained strict obedience to Jesus’ teachings and loyalty to God, and he endured in this course from the day he became a Christian until he died.—1 Corinthians 9:27.

Bible verses about belief in Jesus and salvation

Matthew 24:13: “The one who has endured to the end will be saved.”

Meaning:
To gain salvation, people must maintain their faithfulness throughout their life.

Acts 16:30, 31: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will get saved.”

Meaning:
Belief in Jesus is necessary to attain salvation.

1 Timothy 2:3, 4: “This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.”

Meaning:
Belief in Jesus must be based on accurate knowledge of Bible truth.

Hebrews 5:9: “[Jesus] became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him.”

Meaning:
To gain salvation, people must both know and obey Jesus’ commands.
all this unnecessary rigmarole just to add what was not said. John 3:16 God so loves the world he gave his son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. I don't why people like you are stuck on self righteousness, it's written there boldly for you to see, remove your pride humble yourself and accept the gift of righteousness made possible by Christ's finished work on the cross. We are saved to live right we don't live right to be saved, you just need to believe that is recieve! It's why one the thieves who hung beside Jesus went to paradise with him. He demonstrated his faith in Jesus first as son of God and second as being able to save him, he didn't pray any special repentance prayer or answer alter call he didn't even do anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by chinemezeq: 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
blahc007:

You Don't even know the difference between works and faith backed actions in the light of the scriptures.

U sha no understand the subject being discussed, na wetin confuse u be that.
shshshshhhh
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
tunde4top:
■ I truly get your concern/points but the word of God is final. The sweetest thing about Christianity is that we start it as saved people and not hoping/praying to be saved at the end.
■ After becoming saved (believing in the gospel of Jesus), the race for rewards then begins. Some people make the mistake of thinking that the race is for salvation. Salvation is a gift while Rewards require works. Never mix them up. Not everyone will be in the same eternal position in paradise. Your capacity of rewards will determine the glory level of your celestial/terrestrial body in paradise. Winning souls, helping baby Christians wise unto salvation all attracts rewards... You need spiritual growth to be able to carry out these tasks and choosing to deliberately work in sins means that you are not read to earn eternal rewards.Finally, the Bible is aware of this your concern.What did Paul say will happen to them at the end?
1. Saved from what though? According to Jesus Christ, the one who is the King in the Kingdom of God, Salvation from Him is two-fold
■ The first Salvation you receive when you become born-again and gain access into the Kingdom of God is salvation from the condemnation of sin aka Death. This salvation is given in the way of the free gift of Eternal life(grace) - John 3 vs 1 - 21
■ The second Salvation however does not come to anyone until after the end, and this only to those who stand faithful until the very end of their life here on earth - Matthew 10 vs 22 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

Those who, after the first salvation decide they are saved enough are those who risk eternal damnation in the kingdom of God as they abandon the rest of the process as explained by Jesus Christ. Indeed, the journey toward eternal salvation — everlasting righteousness— from God is a lifelong journey. undecided

2. The statement in bold is in fact false. According to the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ, every of those who belong to Him, the Sons of God who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, will
■ Rule by His side in the end - Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30
■ Receive the same Reward both in Heaven and on earth - Matthew 20 vs 1 - 6

The reward for all who belong in God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God is the same. Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant, Truth and Law and the Constitution in His Special Nation of Priests which He makes of Israel — That is what the Gospel in fact is. And more than 98% of the teachings found in the Gospel are not indicated nor addressed in the letters of Paul. So, if Jesus Christ is in fact the one you wish to serve, then I suggest that you turn back to learn the Truth f God from the mouth of Jesus Christ Himself so you do ensure you are in fact on your way to being saved at the end of your days. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 6:11am On Mar 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

Will it increase my bank balance ?
yes

The law of the Universe state that money chase knowledge

So yes, you will have money when you allow the Father of All KNOWLEDGE into your life.

You will have many money because He will give to you your unique Knowledge and Skill that will make money to chase yoh.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22am On Mar 13, 2023
vicardino:

Please stop bring your Thomas fuller quote like it's a scripture verse. The thief gave righteousness? Someone who was unrighteous gave righteousness?

Has he not already done these things? Yes he did.
Are these things not the righteous things God Commanded to be done? Yes they are!

Then he has already done a good work that was accepted by The Lord. End of story.

vicardino:
Show me where it is said that by your good deeds/works, you shall be saved?.

The Law Said you give an eye, you get an eye. You give good, you get good. You give evil, you get evil; Do unto others what you want done to thee.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25am On Mar 13, 2023
TradingGod:
yes

The law of the Universe state that money chase knowledge

So yes, you will have money when you allow the Father of All KNOWLEDGE into your life.

You will have many money because He will give to you your unique Knowledge and Skill that will make money to chase yoh.

This is not True. This is your hope speaking and when it does not come to pass you would say that "God does not exist".
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 7:47am On Mar 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not True. This is your hope speaking and when it does not come to pass you would say that "God does not exist".

lol

Then you don't know the Scriptures

I pray you understand that having Knowledge is the reason why you are on earth because when you have knowledge, money flows towards you with ease

Can lionel messi beg for money? The answer is no because he has the knowledge of football that can give him the money he want

That is the same with every beliver, God will is that we are all equip with knowledge or skill so that the work of the ministry will go to the ends of the earth but how can you get money to sponsor that work if you don't have an applied knowledge or skill that will make money come to you?

but the problem is that many Christians expect physical money as the blessings but God can not give you money because He didn't create money but God will give you knowledge or skill that will bring the money at ease

If you dont know this truth then it shows that you have not been meditating on the scriptures and you are like the baby Christians who will expect God to send down money to their bank account without any knowledge or skill
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

According to your Logic if I lay hand on the sick and due to the unbelieve of the sick person, the miracke didn't happen

Are you saying that because of that incident, laying of hands to the sick is not true?

Same way with prosperity in the kingdom, the reason why so many Christians are poor is because they don't have faith in the knowledge God will give to them, they want quick miracle and quick credit alert but God will is that Christians should be the one sending money to the gentiles because of the wealth we Christians will get if we believe in the knowledge God will send to us

Deuteronomy 15:6 For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
TradingGod:

Deuteronomy 15:6 For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you...

First, the Deuteronomy promise was specific for the new nation Isreal, not for you and everyone else.

Secondly, that time has passed and God is nigh to destroy this world.

Thirdly, any who has still not understood what The Lord is teaching, shall not prosper by the Hand of God.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
TradingGod:
lol
I pray you understand that having Knowledge is the reason why you are on earth because when you have knowledge, money flows towards you with ease...

You obviously thank atheist came from Zakon's planet. They were mostly former churchgoers and they thought this very same thing, until they gave up when they saw that their miserable lives still did not change.

So as I said, when it fails you would come out and cry "There is no God" (you even sound like you have started saying that already)

Well, this record bears witness that you were warned before you were finished.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Depsui(m): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
I don't think he is Holy. None of what he did in the old testament is a testament of holiness and none of what he intends to do at the close of the new testament shows the way of holiness. You cannot convince any good person who has not heard about your God that your God is holy by showing him the things he's done. He may be real, I don't know, but I don't think he is a good person.

So you would rather go to hell and be with the devil? Do you think the devil is holy? There are only 2 options, heaven and hell.

God is God, you don't get to pick and choose your ideal God or what you want God to be like, luckily for us, God is a good God.

There's a reason for some of the things that happened in the old testament. The world was getting catastrophically evil and God had to reduce the evil in world. If evil had not been reduced by harsh judgement from God, there won't have been any virgin in the world to give birth to Jesus Christ and everyone would have been damned. All the things you see as harshness or wickedness is actually God trying to preserve the earth from people's evil deeds.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

First, the Deuteronomy promise was specific for the new nation Isreal, not for you and everyone else.

Secondly, that time has passed and God is nigh to destroy this world.

Thirdly, any who has still not understood what The Lord is teaching, shall not prosper by the Hand of God.
are Christians not the spiritual seed of Abraham?

The Deuteronomy promise belongs to the seed of Abraham

Galatians 3:28 So there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles, between slaves and free people, between men and women; you are all one in union with Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are the descendants of Abraham and will receive what God has promised.

Meditate on the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit will direct You
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You obviously thank atheist came from Zakon's planet. They were mostly former churchgoers and they thought this very same thing, until they gave up when they saw that their miserable lives still did not change.

So as I said, when it fails you would come out and cry "There is no God" (you even sound like you have started saying that already)

Well, this record bears witness that you were warned before you were finished.
You are carnally minded what a shame from a believer that claim he knows the Word of God

Psalms 14:1 THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right. [Rom. 3:10.]

Dammn what a shame sad

I used to hold your comment here on nairaland with high regard but I never knew you have zero knowledge on God's Kingdom.

Anyways, enjoy your delusions that God Knowledjge fails, but for me I have come too far to belive that nonsense because I know for sure that God knowledge works all the time as long as you apply the necessary principles to get what you want.

Matthew 22:29 But Jesus answered them, You are wrong, because you know neither the knowledge of the Scriptures nor the knowledge of the power of God.

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Have a nice day and I hope you meditate on this scriptures above so that your spirits may be enlighten smiley

PS. MY Holy Spirit has just told me that You have zero knowledge about His kingdom because the little knowledge you had before have been corrupted by your association with the atheist community.

This is the Word of God for you today, you better dissociate yourself from that evil community else you end up like them

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
The whole thing doesn't make sense. I will burn in hell because I don't believe in one Jesus guy even though I'm not a bad person? This doesn't make much sense but for real, ignorance is bliss. For real.

Did the OP mention anything like burning in Hell? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
Mftivi:
■all this unnecessary rigmarole just to add what was not said. John 3:16 God so loves the world he gave his son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. I don't why people like you are stuck on self righteousness, it's written there boldly for you to see, remove your pride humble yourself and accept the gift of righteousness made possible by Christ's finished work on the cross.
■We are saved to live right we don't live right to be saved, you just need to believe that is recieve! It's why one the thieves who hung beside Jesus went to paradise with him. He demonstrated his faith in Jesus first as son of God and second as being able to save him, he didn't pray any special repentance prayer or answer alter call he didn't even do anything.
1. What you indicated in John 3 vs 16 is only the first fold of salvation as offered by Jesus Christ to those who come to Him. Yes, you obtain the gift of Eternal life when you become born-again, but you forget that even those who will end up in Hell at the end are also born-again— they too have eternal life with which they will spend in eternal damnation at the end - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46.

2. Living right — in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — is how you earn the second and penultimate salvation from Jesus Christ, everlasting righteousness. He told you this in His Gospel. - Matthew 10 vs 22 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 -, holiness, without which no man shall see God. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Mftivi: 7:59am On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What you indicated in John 3 vs 16 is only the first fold of salvation as offered by Jesus Christ to those who come to Him. Yes, you obtain the gift of Eternal life when you become born-again, but you forget that even those who will end up in Hell at the end are also born-again— they too have eternal life with which they will spend in eternal damnation at the end - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46.

2. Living right — in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — is how you earn the second and penultimate salvation from Jesus Christ, everlasting righteousness. He told you this in His Gospel. - Matthew 10 vs 22 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 -, holiness, without which no man shall see God. undecided
The lord taught me here's
THE SALVATION STORY
who the son of man sets free is free indeed. He hung that you may be free, you fear because you don’t believe in Yeshua, You believe in yourself.

When you believe in Yeshua you stop trying to work out your salvation and start loving him for working out your salvation and only requiring you to believe in Him to qualify. John 3:16 GOD so loved the world he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. It does not say whoever becomes perfect and does not sin rather it says whoever “believes” in him.

Hebrew 10:5 Therefore when Christ came into the world he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me verse 6: with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased verse 9: Then he said “Here I am, l have come to do your will” He sets aside the first to establish the second verse 10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ ONCE AND FOR ALL.
The scripture I just shared is saying thus “the sacrifice of bulls and offerings in the Old Testament Under the Law did not please God it didn’t really get the job done for each time you sin you offer bull sacrifice, why must there be a sacrifice ? Because the law of God says the wages of sin is death. So as a sinner you die a spiritual death, you are born spiritually dead due to the sin of Adam. Gods redemption plan was sending his son to come here wear flesh like us be tempted like us and that he triumph over all temptation, for this reason he must not be conceived through the seed of a man because that already defeats the purpose.

So Yeshua came lived a sin free life which made him a perfect lamb for sacrifice for all human kind, bulls did not work because they are of the animal kind but Christ was of human kind. So Christ being blameless was sacrificed on the cross of Calvary and that single Sacrifice paid for the sins of men once and for all! Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man and death through sin verse 15 For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God and gift by grace, which is by one man Yeshua Christ has been given to many.

The scripture is saying that through one man Adam mankind was condemned to death and now through one Man Yeshua grace has been made available to all man kind! And now through faith in Him Yeshua you are given that grace freely! That’s why the scripture says whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. He came he fulfilled the law, he was spotless and he was sacrificed for our sins all of our sins not some but all now through faith in him, His own righteousness that he lived out will be credited to you! 2 Corinthians 5:21 GOD made him who had no sin to be sin for US, so that in Him WE MIGHT BECOME THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD. Romans 4:5 but the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Mftivi:
■ The lord taught me here's THE SALVATION STORY who the son of man sets free is free indeed. He hung that you may be free, you fear because you don’t believe in Yeshua, You believe in yourself. When you believe in Yeshua you stop trying to work out your salvation and start loving him for working out your salvation and only requiring you to believe in Him to qualify. John 3:16 GOD so loved the world he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. It does not say whoever becomes perfect and does not sin rather it says whoever “believes” in him.

Hebrew 10:5 Therefore when Christ came into the world he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me verse 6: with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased verse 9: Then he said “Here I am, l have come to do your will” He sets aside the first to establish the second verse 10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ ONCE AND FOR ALL.
The scripture I just shared is saying thus “the sacrifice of bulls and offerings in the Old Testament Under the Law did not please God it didn’t really get the job done for each time you sin you offer bull sacrifice, why must there be a sacrifice ? Because the law of God says the wages of sin is death. So as a sinner you die a spiritual death, you are born spiritually dead due to the sin of Adam. Gods redemption plan was sending his son to come here wear flesh like us be tempted like us and that he triumph over all temptation, for this reason he must not be conceived through the seed of a man because that already defeats the purpose.

So Yeshua came lived a sin free life which made him a perfect lamb for sacrifice for all human kind, bulls did not work because they are of the animal kind but Christ was of human kind. So Christ being blameless was sacrificed on the cross of Calvary and that single Sacrifice paid for the sins of men once and for all! Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man and death through sin verse 15 For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God and gift by grace, which is by one man Yeshua Christ has been given to many.

The scripture is saying that through one man Adam mankind was condemned to death and now through one Man Yeshua grace has been made available to all man kind! And now through faith in Him Yeshua you are given that grace freely! That’s why the scripture says whoever BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. He came he fulfilled the law, he was spotless and he was sacrificed for our sins all of our sins not some but all now through faith in him, His own righteousness that he lived out will be credited to you! 2 Corinthians 5:21 GOD made him who had no sin to be sin for US, so that in Him WE MIGHT BECOME THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD. Romans 4:5 but the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.
1. The same Jesus Christ also said in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 that all those who enter into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction(Hell fire) are also born-again .I.e. they have eternal life, so surely you see that the same Jesus Christ revealed that it takes more than being born-again to be saved by Him, meaning the first salvation from the Death --- perishing in the grave --- is not the last you are to seek from Him. undecided

2. Yes, the same Jesus Christ also said you should seek to be set free from slavery to sin - through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, His Truth -- by the knowing of His Truth and that who the Son sets free from sin and is made perfect is free indeed --- John 8 vs 31 - 41 . If you don't seek to be set free from slavery to sin, though already a part of the Kingdom, you belong to the devil instead, to have a part in Hell with the devil and his other angels - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 undecided

3. Equally, the same Jesus Christ also warned that only those who stand faithful -- living in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments ---- until the end will be saved onto everlasting righteousness- Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Matthew 10 vs 22 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

So, do you take some parts of His Law while abandoning those Laws and teachings that do not appeal to you? Jesus Christ warned that those who do so are cursed by Him in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 1 - 26. So, what makes you think that picking and choosing choosing far as Jesus Christ will benefit you in the end in Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:

You are carnally minded what a shame from a believer that claim he knows the Word of God...

It is not difficult, if your thoughts on this made you successful, I am certain we would know. so let us see if you would not come here shouting there's no God when all you thought fails.

And the way you are shouting already tells us how greatly afraid you are, which is a clear indication that you are on the wrong way but since you would not learn from the experience of others who have become atheist, then it is time you learn firsthand for yourself.

And unfortunately for you, I will be here to remind you that "I told you, you were on the wrong way"! So till then, do as you think.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:

The Deuteronomy promise belongs to the seed of Abraham

Galatians 3:28 So there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles, between slaves and free people, between men and women; you are all one in union with Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are the descendants of Abraham and will receive what God has promised.

You are just trying to take what does not belong to you. That promise was for a new nation and the Bible shows that they never attained it because they did not walk with God. For as soon as Moses died, off they went in rejection of God like a wife looking outside at other men instead of her husband.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:
■ are Christians not the spiritual seed of Abraham?
■ The Deuteronomy promise belongs to the seed of Abraham
■ Galatians 3:28 So there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles, between slaves and free people, between men and women; you are all one in union with Christ Jesus.
1. Wrong! Instead, they are the actual blood descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus Christ informed you of this when He told you that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 15 vs 24 & Matthew 7 vs 6. And He did this almost 2000 years ago, so the fact that almost 2000 years later, you believe in some gobbledegook tale about the existence of what you refer to as spiritual seeds of Abraham means what you cling to if not of Jesus Christ at all. undecided

2. The Old Law of Moses, is the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

3. The Gentiles mentioned there in the book of Galatians is a reference to the seeds of Israel cursed and scattered by God to the four corners of the earth. They are all of them of the blood of Jacob but given that they had been dispersed to live among the non-Israelites outside of the promised land, they were refered to as gentiles. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:

Surely the seed of Abraham is not more than just one person "CHRIST" Galatians 3:16

But then after these single seed was sown it germinated and brought fruits these first fruits of this planted seed appeared at pentecost 33 ce when 120 Jews were also baptized in the spirit the same way Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit! Matthew 3:16-17

This first fruits supposed to be 144,000 in number {Revelations 14:1} but the natural Israelites who are supposed to make up that number rejected Jesus {Matthew 22:2-14} that's why God invited none Israelites to complete the number! John 1:11-12

After that number has been sealed millions will be blessed by the works of these spiritual Jews! Zechariah 8:23

So the seed of Abraham is just one person and that is CHRIST it's the first fruit Jesus was referring to when he said whoever acknowledges them has also acknowledged him! Matthew 25:34-46

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is not difficult, if your thoughts on this made you successful, I am certain we would know. so let us see if you would not come here shouting there's no God when all you thought fails.

And the way you are shouting already tells us how greatly afraid you are, which is a clear indication that you are on the wrong way but since you would not learn from the experience of others who have become atheist, then it is time you learn firsthand for yourself.

And unfortunately for you, I will be here to remind you that "I told you, you were on the wrong way"! So till then, do as you think.

The falsespeaker, the preacher of doom

The deciver who lies to decive and accuse the believers day and night before God

The falling angel disguising as an angel of light

everything about you ends today

You have lied for so long in this platform and the truth have come to end you

You are nothing but the old serpent made flesh

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Allow me tell you the truth because you hate the truth

Madness, paralysis or blindness choose one

Because you have consciously blasphemed against the Holy Spirit with your lies. So you will never be forgiven both in this world and in the world to come
AND SO YOUR END START NOW.

Mark 3:29 But whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but the evil he has done will be with him for ever:
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Surely the seed of Abraham is not more than just one person "CHRIST" Galatians 3:16

But then after these single seed was sown it germinated and brought fruits these first fruits of this planted seed appeared at pentecost 33 ce when 120 Jews were also baptized in the spirit the same way Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit! Matthew 3:16-17

This first fruits supposed to be 144,000 in number {Revelations 14:1} but the natural Israelites who are supposed to make up that number rejected Jesus {Matthew 22:2-14} that's why God invited none Israelites to complete the number! John 1:11-12

After that number has been sealed millions will be blessed by the works of these spiritual Jews! Zechariah 8:23

So the seed of Abraham is just one person and that is CHRIST it's the first fruit Jesus was referring to when he said whoever acknowledges them has also acknowledged him! Matthew 25:34-46

May you have PEACE! smiley
Christ is the seed of Abraham. Correct

Since Christ lives in you, that makes You the seed of Abraham too

Expect you don't believe that Christ is in you.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:

The falsespeaker, the preacher of doom

The deciver who lies to decive and accuse the believers day and night before God

The falling angel disguising as an angel of light

everything about you ends today

You have lied for so long in this platform and the truth have come to end you

You are nothing but the old serpent made flesh

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Allow me tell you the truth because you hate the truth

Madness, paralysis or blindness choose one

Because you have consciously blasphemed against the Holy Spirit with your lies. So you will never be forgiven both in this world and in the world to come
AND SO YOUR END START NOW.

Mark 3:29 But whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but the evil he has done will be with him for ever:

Right now, you are the one looking mad and going mad all because I told you the Truth and bursted the lies you are wrapping yourself in, like all the former churchgoers who have become atheist. Scream all you want I have already seen your future.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Mftivi: 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The same Jesus Christ also said in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 that all those who enter into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction(Hell fire) are also born-again .I.e. they have eternal life, so surely you see that the same Jesus Christ revealed that it takes more than being born-again to be saved by Him, meaning the first salvation from the Death --- perishing in the grave --- is not the last you are to seek from Him. undecided

2. Yes, the same Jesus Christ also said you should seek to be set free from slavery to sin - through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, His Truth -- by the knowing of His Truth and that who the Son sets free from sin and is made perfect is free indeed --- John 8 vs 31 - 41 . If you don't seek to be set free from slavery to sin, though already a part of the Kingdom, you belong to the devil instead, to have a part in Hell with the devil and his other angels - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 undecided

3. Equally, the same Jesus Christ also warned that only those who stand faithful -- living in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments ---- until the end will be saved onto everlasting righteousness- Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Matthew 10 vs 22 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

So, do you take some parts of His Law while abandoning those Laws and teachings that do not appeal to you? Jesus Christ warned that those who do so are cursed by Him in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 1 - 26. So, what makes you think that picking and choosing choosing far as Jesus Christ will benefit you in the end in Jesus Christ? undecided
If you don't understand that Christ was under the old testament as much as everyone else before his death and resurrection, you will be pushing false doctrine because the new testament started after he died and rose.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Mftivi:
■ If you don't understand that Christ was under the old testament as much as everyone else before his death and resurrection,
■ you will be pushing false doctrine because the new testament started after he died and rose.
1. What do you mean when you say Christ was under the Old Testament before His death and resurrection? undecided

2. But everything I stated here comes direct from the mouth of Jesus Christ Himself, so why do you label it false doctrine? Are you saying Jesus Christ lied while He was alive on earth, teaching His disciples to follow and obey Him? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by TradingGod: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Right now, you are the one looking mad and going mad all because I told you the Truth and bursted the lies you are wrapping yourself in, like all the former churchgoers who have become atheist. Scream all you want I have already seen your future.
I bless you with spiritual understanding smiley
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
chinemezeq:
hahaha, be deceiving urself, that his righteousness na im make his belief standard, u cant just say, i believe in lips alone and u are a sinner, u cant be saved, he also said it, if u love me, keep my commandment, u cant just say i love him, but u fail to keep his commandment, likewise belief, u believe and that makes u to love him, and by loving him is keeping his commandment, its a simple syllogy.

Continue keeping his commandments, let me believe my believe..... I don't know how many you've violated today, through what you've heard, seen, thought, said, or even felt..

So keep keeping his commandments.

I don't listen to all these your philosophies. All I know is what the scriptures has told me.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
chinemezeq:
hahaha, be deceiving urself, that his righteousness na im make his belief standard, u cant just say, i believe in lips alone and u are a sinner, u cant be saved, he also said it, if u love me, keep my commandment, u cant just say i love him, but u fail to keep his commandment, likewise belief, u believe and that makes u to love him, and by loving him is keeping his commandment, its a simple syllogy.

Continue keeping his commandments, let me believe my believe..... I don't know how many you've violated today, through what you've heard, seen, thought, said, or even felt..

So keep keeping his commandments.

I don't listen to all these your philosophies. All I know is what the scriptures has told me.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
xtgozie:
■ Continue keeping his commandments, let me believe my believe..... I don't know how many you've violated today, through what you've heard, seen, thought, said, or even felt..

So keep keeping his commandments. I don't listen to all these your philosophies. All I know is what the scriptures has told me.
1. So your bible scriptures do not have John 14 vs 15 - 24, John 15 vs 1 - 14 nor Matthew 7 vs 24 - 29 ... in it? undecided

There is no need to lie at all. Admit that your diet of the word of God consists only of that which comes directly from the mouth of your pastors and mogs and since they have yet to inform you that obedience is in fact a requirement where God is concerned, you find it hard accepting it even though it is mandated in the Gospels by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:

Christ is the seed of Abraham. Correct
Since Christ lives in you, that makes You the seed of Abraham too
Expect you don't believe that Christ is in you.
This is where the issue is, Christ can't be in all Christians except the first fruits of 144,000 as they are the only set having the same baptism he had that's why his name and his fathers name is written on their foreheads! Revelations 14:1

For your information all those who lived and died before the day of pentecost can't be in Christ because they never made it to be baptized in the same manner as he did that's why Jesus said all those born before John the baptist aren't qualified! Matthew 11:11-12

So it's only those limited number they are the spiritual Jews that God promised a kingdom with the Christ! Luke 12:32
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:
■ Christ is the seed of Abraham. Correct. Since Christ lives in you, that makes You the seed of Abraham too. Expect you don't believe that Christ is in you.
1. But, in His teachings, Jesus Christ pointed out that even those who belong to the devil — their father is the devil— equally have Abraham as their father meaning that it is not Christ living inside of you that makes you a seed of Abraham, instead you have to be descended from Abraham — have his blood coursing through your veins — in order to be a seed of Abraham. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
37 I know you are Abraham’s descendants. But you want to kill me, because you don’t want to accept my teaching.
38 I am telling you what my Father has shown me. But you do what your father has told you.”
39 They said, “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said, “If you were really Abraham’s descendants, you would do what Abraham did.
40 I am someone who has told you the truth I heard from God. But you are trying to kill me. Abraham did nothing like that.
41 So you are doing what your own father did.” But they said, “We are not like children who never knew who their father was. God is our Father. He is the only Father we have.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me. I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority. God sent me.
43 You don’t understand the things I say, because you cannot accept my teaching.
44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him. You want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was always against the truth. There is no truth in him. He is like the lies he tells. Yes, the devil is a liar. He is the father of lies. - John 8 vs 31 - 41
Jesus Christ in no way denies this fact that one has to be descended from Abraham in order to be considered a seed of Abraham as is evident in the context above. Right there He explains that in the Kingdom of God, those who have the devil as their father are also blood descendants of Abraham. So, obviously, someone here is lying. Is it Jesus Christ or your person? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? / Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Atheist Man Of The Year....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.