Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? (5116 Views)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
TradingGod:
I bless you with spiritual understanding smiley

For this, I pray that God may have mercy on you and wait for you after you have made your mistake, so that He may Talk to you once more to give you another chance of finding the correct only Way.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So your bible scriptures do not have John 14 vs 15 - 24, John 15 vs 1 - 14 nor Matthew 7 vs 24 - 29 ... in it? undecided

There is no need to lie at all. Admit that your diet of the word of God consists only of that which comes directly from the mouth of your pastors and mogs and since they have yet to inform you that obedience is in fact a requirement where God is concerned, you find it hard accepting it even though it is mandated in the Gospels by Jesus Christ. undecided

Like I told your co-pharise, keep obeying the law...

BTW, how pure is your heart now, are you afraid of eternal damnation
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Steep(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
The whole thing doesn't make sense. I will burn in hell because I don't believe in one Jesus guy even though I'm not a bad person? This doesn't make much sense but for real, ignorance is bliss. For real.
Who told you that you are a good person?
Jesus christ said call no man good except God.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
xtgozie:
■ Like I told your co-pharise, keep obeying the law... BTW, how pure is your heart now, are you afraid of eternal damnation
1. Why do I need to be afraid of eternal damnation?

If through the obedience of Jesus Christ, you enter into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life(Eternal Reward), why do you want to be afraid of eternal damnation which is an end that awaits only those who enter into the Kingdom of God through the Broad Gate? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why do I need to be afraid of eternal damnation?

If through the obedience of Jesus Christ, you enter into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life(Eternal Reward), why do you want to be afraid of eternal damnation which is an end that awaits only those who enter into the Kingdom of God through the Broad Gate? undecided

Then you have to believe that the only ticket to the kingdom is the perfect work on the cross...

No amount of obedience or works counts.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2023
xtgozie:
■ Then you have to believe that the only ticket to the kingdom is the perfect work on the cross...
■ No amount of obedience or works counts.
1. Wrong! There is no such thing as perfect work on the cross. That is meaningless soundbites fed to you by your lying pastors and mogs in order to deceive you a lot away from doing what God commands of you. Read the Gospels to see that Jesus Christ Himself warned you against these doctrines and traditions of men which He Himself declared were lies that result in nullifying the power of God in your lives, making your supposed worship of God worthless - Mattthew 15 vs 1-14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

2. What you are saying then is that God lied when He made clear that obedience of His commandments and teachings is the only way that even Abraham was able to endear himself to God in Genesis 26 vs 5. And you are also declaring Jesus Christ, the one who said we are His friends if we do as He asks us to do — obedience — equally a liar for stating that it is only those who obey God that are loved by God in John 15 vs 9 - 14. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wrong! There is no such thing as perfect work on the cross. That is meaningless soundbites fed to you by your lying pastors and mogs in order to deceive you a lot away from doing what God commands of you. Read the Gospels to see that Jesus Christ Himself warned you against these doctrines and traditions of men which He Himself declared were lies that result in nullifying the power of God in your lives, making your supposed worship of God worthless - Mattthew 15 vs 1-14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

2. What you are saying then is that God lied when He made clear that obedience of His commandments and teachings is the only way that even Abraham was able to endear himself to God in Genesis 26 vs 5. And you are also declaring Jesus Christ, the one who said we are His friends if we do as He asks us to do — obedience — equally a liar for stating that it is only those who obey God that are loved by God in John 15 vs 9 - 14. undecided

To answer your First paragraph:
Hebrews 10:14

For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
There was something perfect.

For the second paragraph:
As for Abraham: Romans 4:3
What does Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." Genesis 15:6
And he [Abram] believed in the Lord, and He counted it to him as righteousness (right standing with God).
Galatians 3:6
So also Abraham "believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness
James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God’s friend.

On Concerning being friends with Jesus:
what has he asked us to do precisely?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2023
xtgozie:
■ To answer your First paragraph: Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. There was something perfect.
■ For the second paragraph: As for Abraham: Romans 4:3 What does Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." Genesis 15:6 And he [Abram] believed in the Lord, and He counted it to him as righteousness (right standing with God).
Galatians 3:6
So also Abraham "believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God’s friend.
■On Concerning being friends with Jesus:what has he asked us to do precisely?
1. Are you certain you clearly comprehend what the writer of that passage is trying to tell you? He is saying that on His part, that all Jesus Christ did was make the sacrifice one and for all to cover for all sins - meaning Jesus Christ had only that one part to play in the process. The writer does not tell you that you have no part to play of your own to play in the being made holy part he was certain to point out in the same statement. So why do you assume that your misconstruing of what this writer here said is sufficient to nullify the truth as declared by Jesus Christ? undecided

2. You need to use your brain in these things abeg! Go to Genesis 26 vs 5 to see that God Himself said that the reason why Abraham pleased Him, God, was because Abraham obeyed God's commandments and statutes. Righteousness is based on obedience to God's Law. That was the case with Abraham, Abel, Noah, Isaac, Moses, and even Jesus Christ. God's mandate of obedience has not changed since the beginning. So what the writer in Romans refers to as believing in God — something which Jesus Christ Himself said in John 6 vs 25 - 35 is the work we are called to do — points back to obedience to God's Law as God Himself made clear to Isaac. No man can know or honor God without obedience. undecided

3. He gave you a Law and commanded you to obey the Law. Why are you deadset on rejecting His commandments yet assuming you can wiggle your way around Him somehow? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you certain you clearly comprehend what the writer of that passage is trying to tell you? He is saying that on His part, that all Jesus Christ did was make the sacrifice one and for all to cover for all sins - meaning Jesus Christ had only that one part to play in the process. The writer does not tell you that you have no part to play of your own to play in the being made holy part he was certain to point out in the same statement. So why do you assume that your misconstruing of what this writer here said is sufficient to nullify the truth as declared by Jesus Christ? undecided

2. You need to use your brain in these things abeg! Go to Genesis 26 vs 5 to see that God Himself said that the reason why Abraham pleased Him, God, was because Abraham obeyed God's commandments and statutes. Righteousness is based on obedience to God's Law. That was the case with Abraham, Abel, Noah, Isaac, Moses, and even Jesus Christ. God's mandate of obedience has not changed since the beginning. So what the writer in Romans refers to as believing in God — something which Jesus Christ Himself said in John 6 vs 25 - 35 is the work we are called to do — points back to obedience to God's Law as God Himself made clear to Isaac. No man can know or honor God without obedience. undecided

3. He gave you a Law and commanded you to obey the Law. Why are you deadset on rejecting His commandments yet assuming you can wiggle your way around Him somehow? undecided

I don't have to use my brain dude, by the end of the day you can't be righteous. The hypocritical life you leave in front of friends and loved ones, can only obtain their approval, but before God, all the "part" you claim you will play, falls short of God's glory. And you know you are damned inside.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2023
xtgozie:
■ I don't have to use my brain dude, by the end of the day you can't be righteous. The hypocritical life you leave in front of friends and loved ones, can only obtain their approval, but before God, all the "part" you claim you will play, falls short of God's glory. And you know you are damned inside.
1. I can't be righteous yet Jesus Christ made it clear that only those who do works of Righteousness at the end, through careful obedience , will be rewarded with Heaven, whereas all those who refuse to obey, the stubborn goats, will be thrown into damnation for eternity - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 ? undecided

You realize that you can't be of Jesus Christ while blatantly contradicting Jesus Christ every chance you get. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by xtgozie(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I can't be righteous yet Jesus Christ made it clear that only those who do works of Righteousness at the end, through careful obedience , will be rewarded with Heaven, whereas all those who refuse to obey, the stubborn goats, will be thrown into damnation for eternity - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 ? undecided

You realize that you can't be of Jesus Christ while blatantly contradicting Jesus Christ every chance you get. undecided

Like I said, my salvation remains a gift.
You obtained and maintained yours through your obedience and works.
You have no need for Christ because you trust in your work.

So keep on doing your works, let me continue believing only.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
xtgozie:
■ Like I said, my salvation remains a gift.
You obtained and maintained yours through your obedience and works.
You have no need for Christ because you trust in your work.

So keep on doing your works, let me continue believing only.
1. Recall that in John 14 vs 6 Jesus announced that He is the Eternal Life(grace), the Truth and the Way(Law), well, that was also to inform you of what you must gain in order to be accepted by God. There are 2 salvation that Jesus Christ told you of.

● salvation from Death (John 3 vs 16) which you were told can only be given to you if you obey the commandments written of in the context of the Gospel- be born of water and be born of spirit - gifts you with Eterna Life aka grace .
● salvation from sin( John 8 vs 31 - 44 & Matthew 10 vs 22 & Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13) 9f which Jesus Christ also informed you that you will only obtained by standing faithful- in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - until the end in order to be saved by the Truth of God, Jesus Christ.

Both salvation require obedience to accomplish, so if you have never actually attempted to obey His teachings and commandments, I can assure you that it means you have never even been born again to begin with - you have been dancing around in religion and never the real thing. undecided

Here's a test for you to know this. According to Jesus Christ, to be born again, one has to be possessed by a spirit and this spirit takes control of your body- John 3 vs 5 - 8 - there is no missing this from the moment you become born-again. Jesus Christ also said that you have to accept that cross that has been given to you when you accept Him. So are currently possessed by a spirit, as described by Jesus Christ or are you not? If not, then you are not born-again and are simply playing religion. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has Atheism Ever Gotten U Into Trouble? / The Bible And Archaelogy / Why Do Some Nigerians Call Their Pastors 'Papa' Or 'Daddy'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.