Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi (35115 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Klington:

It was indeed avoidable mister.
Was it a natural disaster?

What on God's green earth would make the careless brt driver not to have checked before trying to cross the railway?
If this accident happened in your lord and Saviour's state, Anambra. The wreckage of the crash will be on site for 2weeks before it gets cleared because man didnt invest in any emergency vehicles. There won't be any hospital that can attend to that nos of casualties.
I hope you know this

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Abass07(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
webosky:

Just shut up, it could have been avoidable by placing movable barricade, when the train is approaching the high way, not rocket science, risk management is not that hard
I hate dragging issues with idiots like you.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by BabaO2: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
Toxic man, if not playing ethnic or victim card, he will point accusing finger. Poor leadership trait
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emola12:
the owner of the BRT and SANWO OLU suppose to be arrested for this because I never understand why BRT can go to train lain are they using the same road
This right here is proof that you submit your brain before joining the Obidient camp.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Cantonese: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How? People should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.
They just want to oppress and intimidate others with smaller vehicles.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.

Oga training, lectures, etc are very important.

The world over, there are railway crossings. When trains approach, the barrier is used to stop vehicles from crossing the lines until the trains pass. That did not happen. It is an institutional failure.

It is the business of the institutions to check the mental levels of drivers. It is also their business to check drinking alcohol.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Zonex1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
Oga it is avoidable
zed7:
How?eople should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Mrnairalandd: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

U obviously have not been to Anambara, leave ur rented enclave and travel, I repeat no state in SW can stand compare to any metropolis in SE apart from Lagos, before u mention Ibadan, check the sea of brown dilapidated roofs in their city center 😆 🤣 😂

And the same South West remained your kinsmen’s USA. The main reason we Yorubas don’t come to your region is cos we see you Igbos as poverty ridden migrants who come to Yorubaland with your worthless children for your survival. You ll only see the Yorubas in large numbers in USA, UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada etc

Human beings naturally migrate towards where their lives could be better which means Igbos see Yorubaland as their means of escaping all the pains, agony and economic hardship in Igboland

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by yesloaded: 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

When you employ sane drivers but not based on party affiliation, you will definitely get food result

Such accident is avoidable although sometimes it's que Sera Sera

RIP to the dead, quick recovery to injured
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
Stone03:

Lagos State government in their 'agbero' style of leadership empowered the BRT and made them lords of the road. No one dare use their lane or you feel the devilish wrath of MC Oluomo and his thugs. In a sane society government is known to be organised and employ Organised and excellent people in the system, be it drivers and gate men. The excessive and partial empowerment given to the BRT made them too reckless and these driver thought that train fears Oluomo's impunity.

Lagos needs a change of government for orderliness to come
You want to use brt lane? Are you this stupid or you are just on one of your best days.
I can bet my life you have never been to Lagos before.
Talking about using brt lane.
Indeed it's people like you that gives credence to the phrase " education nah scam"
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Abass07(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
Klington:

It was indeed avoidable mister.
Was it a natural disaster?

What on God's green earth would make the careless brt driver not to have checked before trying to cross the railway?
Everybody is commiserating. He came to pick fault. I won't blame you guys. There is a medical term for your condition. It's called folie à plusieurs.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Abass07(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
ezugegere:

What kind of foolish comment is this? You mean the accident was not avoidable?
Everybody is commiserating. He came to pick fault. I won't blame you guys. There is a medical term for your condition. It's called folie à plusieurs.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

U obviously have not been to Anambara, leave ur rented enclave and travel, I repeat no state in SW can stand compare to any metropolis in SE apart from Lagos, before u mention Ibadan, check the sea of brown dilapidated roofs in their city center 😆 🤣 😂
My man if you see people move into your city with polythene bags on a steady for sole purpose of survival will you in your wildest dreams want to check out the caves they have come from or ever consider relocating there This is just common logic.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by mrmatt(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

We behave the way we behave because government is failing to hold people responsible for bad behavior.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Peter OBI should shut up. It is that old man called Ayo Adebanjo and the other irrelevant man called Obasanjo that are giving him false confidence. Otherwise, he is not intelligent enough to be making any statement on this matter.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Micfish: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

You know there should be manned posts for railway crossing or automated blocks.

There are people to install it or operate it.
What happened to that.
If this is his view point then he is right.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by mojounited(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
Richy4:

Fortunately for him, he has been abroad and lived there long enough to see first hand what happens when a railway line intersects normal road, safety measures that were in place for motorists, pedestrians and rail passengers embarassed
That's how I believe he knew that it was avoidable
I salute you for your comments on this thread so far. Sadly, I have read so many unintelligent comments on this thread.

The bulk of the blame lies with a federal government agency called Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC). Because I do not understand why an automatic or a manually operated safety barricade is not installed where roads intersect with railways - a simple risk assessment with proper action plan from from NRC would have prevented this accident in Lagos and the one that happened in Abuja.

Anyone who has been to Osborne Foreshore Estate Entrance Gate would acknowledge how a safety/security barricade helps. Install the barricades and man them at every intersection. If not manned, then automate the process with few open path sensors (1km at each side before and after each intersection for open and close signals respectively) and actuators/hydraulics. After provision of this important safety infrastructure, next should be enforcement of penalties...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Klington: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:

Same way you did not see that he commiserated already because you are more concerned in picking holes in his message instead. I can't help you.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by mojounited(m): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
Micfish:

You know there should be manned posts for railway crossing or automated blocks.

There are people to install it or operate it.
What happened to that.
If this is his view point then he is right.
That is very much likely his point, same as mine and many others.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Richy4(m): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
I have never seen a thread so jam-packed with so many unreasonable people like this one...
Assuming one of those victims that lost their lives were a family member, the narrative would have changed...
A drunk fool killed innocent people and a concerned citizen of Nigeria pointed it out that it was avoidable... People were busy here playing geopolitical zone card... What a world 😵😡

4 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Klington: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wasky101:

If this accident happened in your lord and Saviour's state, Anambra. The wreckage of the crash will be on site for 2weeks before it gets cleared because man didnt invest in any emergency vehicles. There won't be any hospital that can attend to that nos of casualties.
I hope you know this

Self inflicted incurable ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
The road accident that occurred today Thursday in his state along Enugu road was not commiserated my this alaso dudu o but think Lagos State is Anambra state. Olodo F9 in English. How I wish he did this to the northern pregnant woman killed in Anambra state where he came from with her children of like 5 killed by Obi blodas. Thank God he was not elected and more so he is used to mourning dresses na, so no need. He should be sympathizing with those been killed every day in his state.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Tanzefire: 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
This is unnecessary
This was an accident as clearly stated,
Do you expect the governor to drive the brt bus himself?
I'm a fan of Peter obi but what he said is pure rubbish
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by biodunid: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
https://time.com/6260906/train-derailmentments-how-common/

Train derailments are quite common in the U.S. The Department of Transportations’ Federal Railroad Administration has reported an average of 1,475 train derailments per year between 2005-2021. Despite the relatively high number of derailments, they rarely lead to disaster.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by koolaid87: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
There should have been a crossing gate at the intersection.

It is an avoidable incident

zed7:

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
I hate dragging issues with idiots like you.

Now look at what I have said and subtract your sense from it premium urchin
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
biodunid:
https://time.com/6260906/train-derailmentments-how-common/

Train derailments are quite common in the U.S. The Department of Transportations’ Federal Railroad Administration has reported an average of 1,475 train derailments per year between 2005-2021. Despite the relatively high number of derailments, they rarely lead to disaster.

How many trains dey Nigeria, stop defending rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
Tanzefire:
This is unnecessary
This was an accident as clearly stated,
Do you expect the governor to drive the brt bus himself?
I'm a fan of Peter obi but what he said is pure rubbish

It is know that when we see rubbish for a long time, we normalize rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by warriking(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

mumu talk, go ask American government how they checkmate drunk driving and disobedience to traffic rules in general. Same can be applied here in Nigeria and I bet accident can be avoided to the minimum.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by BluelightHotel: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

A lot of things could have been done differently to avoid such an incident bro,there should have been a level crossing there first of all and also if drink and driving is an issue as you stated that can be avoided too,so yes Peter is right such an incident are avoidable in a sane society
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Abass07(m): 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2023
webosky:

Now look at what I have said and subtract your sense from it premium urchin
I already said it that you an idiot. You don't deserve my time

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Busiest International Airports In The World. / 30-Minute Rain Causes Floods In Chief Ugwu Street, Enugu. VIDEO / Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.