Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi (35098 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused β€” Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by bangerman: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
Mr man, face Anambra that erosion has claimed 40% of it's land..chochocho

abeg tell the opportunist foolish Obi Obituary and his deluded followers

8 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by altteemy: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How? People should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.
They just want to oppress and intimidate others with smaller vehicles.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.

If the complaint department for the BRT buses had taken previous statements from the populace serious, a review of their drivers using ghost passengers to test them out could have gotten the bad ones weeded.

Also, the employment procedure should include psychological evaluation.

It really could have been avoided.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Larryndelaw: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Okealaaye:
The Busybody! What does he know about engines? Yet his people claim that the election is over!
His people will tell you he visited Jericho to study engineering. Igbo should be ashamed of themselves. I'm expecting then to join together and develop only one state in the East instead of running to Lagos

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by timefarm(m): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169
Will uou shut up there.

How can you take advantage of this kind of situation for politics.

6 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Abass07(m): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:
I love this news....sorry to anyone quoting me

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace
This is the dumbest statement I've read in a long time. What does this incident has to do with politics?

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Ok12345(f): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
This is so insensitive haba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by azikiweironsi(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Meanwhile, Tinubu is waiting to be reminded before he condemn the avoidable accident in Lagos state he claimed he developed tongue

Your messaih was quick to show sympathy to the victims in Lagos. But kept mute to the attrocities commited by the IPOB in the East. Would he say he didn't hear the killings of the soldier couple, killing of Dr. Akunyili in the broad day light, arsonist and maiming of innocent people in the East and sit at home on the people of the East.
All politicians are the same. They quick to respond to disaster because of votes. GVR quickly donated #15m to Akere victims which is very good but are they not doing all this for political gains. Let now donate for this BRT victims now.
Ndi ara.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by ImoleNaija: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
When I see Obi, I see desperation cheesy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by timefarm(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace

If APC is bad, you are worst.

Disgusting human being.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by oyin44: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:

See the kind message he tweeted when Lagosians are grieving.Its bad..Everything shouldn't be about politics.

He is a power hunger politician...you know what..

his mind is telling him that he and his fellow idiots can own lagos

11 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by timefarm(m): 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
ImoleNaija:
When I see Obi, I see desperation cheesy.

So true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Karlman: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
The Thing Over Pain You!
Obi is the President for all Nigerians!
Deal with it as you Cry your Cry 😒 😒 😒

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by depure(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
When you find your self in the western world you complain of racist....but in your own small circle you are guilty of same thing....

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by neolboy(m): 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.

Try and comprehend a little bit. It's avoidable if the driver is not drunk, it's avoidable if the driver actually stick to his own lane, it's avoidable if there are barriers which present drivers from running through the train track

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Richy4(m): 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
canf:

Haba, accidents happen even in the most developed countries. Obi rest
cool cool cool
That shit is a totally avoidable accident...in developed countries, where there are intersection between a railway line and a road, when the train is 2000meters away, there will be an automatic barricade that will prevent motorists and pedestrians from crossing and alarm bells will be ringing to signal that a train was passing... When it passed, the barricade will automatically open again... Na so e be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Rebuke: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.

Listen to yhurself again and see how much yhu contradict yhurself.
Sometimes some of yhu just talk because yhu feel must talk.

First of all, if the right authorities were up and doing, there wouldn't be a way a drunk driver would have an access to such a government owned Bus.
Same applies to individuals, if offenders receive appropriate punishment for drinking and driving, others will learn and never try it.
From what I even heard, the driver had earpiece on his ears, he didn't hear the sound of the train's horn on time.....

Watch the video and yhu will understand better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrezf_9_aY

So, what is yhur point again and where has Obi gone wrong?

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by BJanta: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

You see that Feni Kuti is right to call obidients zombies. You claimed you confimed the calculation and even called me different names like agbado. Keep spreading fake news. Idiot like you.

This obidients movement has proven to me that nigerian youths are big fools.

Obi that is over 60 years, a grandfather is claiming to be a youth and you people agree.

A man that doctors were on 13 months strike when he was governor claims he is the best man for the job and you foools believe him.

A man that when he was governor for 8 years Akwazu Sars in Anambra killed hundreds of youths and threw their bodies in the river. He claims he would save us from bandits, and you Idiots believe him.

A man that is from PDP and you claim he is different. You insult atiku but forgot obi was his running mate.

Indeed there are no greater fools than obidients

Look at the

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by sammsimm(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:

grin grin grin U are wicked sir

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by colestephan86: 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169
They want to politicize the whole thing now.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by joe4christ(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.

He's not your regular politician. The earlier you realize that the better for you!

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Creeper: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
This is so insensitive and stupid. It just shows how much of an opportunist this guy is and Nigerians dodged a bullet.

There are certain things you don’t play politics with and there has to be a limit to theatrics.

Obi remains the biggest fraud I have ever seen. His Linsanity run is over and once he takes the last L in court - it should be curtains.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by brainhgeek(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
PO got my vote, even as a Yoruba man but this statement is too political and not encouraging. How did he know it was avoidable? Has any forensic evaluation being done so soon? Politicians will.never fail to disappoint at times. Alas, they are humans

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Scarcity234: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

He said it was avoidable.

Would you feel happy for your kids to be driven by a drunk or stubborn driver to their death?

How to avoid it?
You know better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by emerged01(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Meanwhile, Tinubu is waiting to be reminded before he condemn the avoidable accident in Lagos state he claimed he developed tongue
Is it because it happened during election period everyone seems to be caring. That's not the first such accident will happen in that spot.

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by thecommunist(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
one4GOD:
e pain am, wait tilln18th march, u go collect again grin tongue
woto woto!!!
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by canf: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Richy4:

cool cool cool
That shit is a totally avoidable accident...in a developed countries, where there are intersection between a railway line and a road, when the train is 2000meters away, there will be an automatic barricade that will prevent motorists and pedestrians from crossing and alarm bells will be ringing to signal that a train was passing... When it passed, the barricade will automatically open again... Na so e be.
This is the first of it's kind. In Nigeria people drive recklessly and fail to adhere to traffic rules. I'm sure you're guilty of this. Some people see free space to pass one way inside heavy traffic, before you know it, they're there speeding up.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by jagabandit: 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
If care is not taking all the yoruba youths will die of heart attack over igbo matter

Jogs1900:

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Lashist(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
Olodo, is he not a Nigerian. So he can't sympathise with someone else that is not in his state...foolish boy with foolish tribal bigotry but busy advertising scholarship for China that doesn't give 2shits about your wretched life...why don't you only advertise scholarships from your state of origin, urchin??

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by asanausana91: 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
how a woman will give birth to a fool of your caliber is beyond my comprehension.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Billingslord:
This man nah werey eye service man.
loody opportunist

Has he consoled those who lost their loved ones this morning in Enugu. Over twelve lives lost in the accident.?

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Scarcity234: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.

What are you guys really saying?
That it can't be avoided or what?

There's a reason safety is taught as first topic in every engineering course. And for driving?

What's the first thing you're taught if you're a driver?

Somethings can be avoided biko

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Jogs1900: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
asanausana91:
how a woman will give birth to a fool of your caliber is beyond my comprehension.
Obviously you are a baby factory product without family values...Ozuo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Bus In A Fatal Accident In Oyo, 4 Dead (Graphic Photos) / Passenger Falls Out Of Plane / Helicopter Tour Of Downtown Toronto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.