Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi (35172 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused β€” Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Greenfusion: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How? People should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.
They just want to oppress and intimidate others with smaller vehicles.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.

What are you saying, y can't u control your drivers who are ur employees...we have private transport firms sack their drivers for going above their speed limit....if a driver is found culpable, punish or sack....then people would sit up......this is rubbish na, innocent people just die and wounded like that because of 1 foolish driver....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by rummmy: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.
place them on salary and see them maintaining their buses and driving on a professional manner ..but when you five them high target returns per day ,expect such bad news...
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Gandrova: 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2023
Useless politican always looking for useless attention. Con head scammer cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by VicHots(f): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:
I love this news....sorry to anyone quoting me

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace
Only mad people will suppress and intimidate voters to vote just their party!
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by newnigerdelta00: 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169

That has been your prayers, always wishing for negative thing's to happen..... every disasters you use it as campaign skills to tricks your obidient slave's....
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Darnell9(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:
I love this news....sorry to anyone quoting me

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace

Amen

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Herbiodun09: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
This Obi is an idiot

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.
Another 100
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
canf:

Haba, accidents happen even in the most developed countries. Obi rest
I see you jare... Una dey see am... His supporters no go talk now... Like say during his time nothing bad happened for Anambra
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Danisaint112(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.

Like your president and president elect has made better statements.

Everyone knows the accident was truly avoidable and that the fault falls on the driver but you tribally condemned urchins won't see it.

You are always quick to attack a man 10 times better you currently.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by ProtectMyMoney: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How?

Back in the days, Railway Crossings used to have gates that are rolled down by the attendant to prevent any vehicle crossing once a Train is approaching.

I have looked at all the Construction going on for the rail tracks in Lagos, no single Gates have I seen at any of the Railway Crossings.

The Authorities can do better.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
frenzy48:
sharrap..bitterness don press dis one neck finish for him one room for ogbomosho
Abeg where your sense drop ...
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by hush15: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Reinaldo:
Certainly. It's a failure of the system.

I couldn't agree less....

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
ovie8200:

People like you don't like the truth. People lose their life all you can say is ethic syndrome as usual.
I still watch one oyinbo comot for car inside zoo where tigers dey... Ori e ti daru
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by RichDad1(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Doyou2019:

Afofungbemu . Ekun ti tie sese bere ni.
All these years on NL and you're still dumb and stupid.
Shior!
Coming from a cretin that lack parental love? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I hope you find peace someday. ✌️
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Billingslord:
This man nah werey eye service man.
Bloody opportunist
Aswearigud
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Richy4(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
temiflex01:
How do you know it's avoidabl? You no get train & brt mass transport for Anambra now. Which experience you use talk? Mr opportunist undecided undecided undecided
Fortunately for him, he has been abroad and lived there long enough to see first hand what happens when a railway line intersects normal road, safety measures that were in place for motorists, pedestrians and rail passengers embarassed
That's how I believe he knew that it was avoidable

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
one4GOD:
e pain am, wait tilln18th march, u go collect again grin tongue
Collect again ... How? Lolzzz... Na una go collect again
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Lovelyn451(f): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
Very much avoidable, but they will not agree, very insultive people, no state have had the rate of accidents that happen in lagos on daily basis, any serious govt will look into it

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Menclothing: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2023
Lp was used in ondo many years ago

The only region that needs lp is south east
.abia owing 27 month salary
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Menclothing: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Very much avoidable, but they will not agree, very insultive people, no state have had the rate of accidents that happen in lagos on daily basis, any serious govt will look into it

The accidents that happened in enugu oyo kano today pls what has the gov done?
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by FavouredNK: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Don't you think you are rather the one displaying sheer ignorance and lack of English comprehension. He only said such an " avoidable incidence" and never said either by Tinubu or Sanwo Olu. You faulted him yet confirming that it was a drunken driver. So assuming the driver wasn't drunk and driving, wouldn't the accident been avoided? And assuming there was a competent and functioning supervisor who takes time to ensure that both drivers and vehicles are in good condition before taking off with passengers, wouldn't the accident been avoided? It's important therefore to always read in between the lines before commenting to avoid to making joke of oneself at the end.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by ezugegere(m): 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.

What kind of foolish comment is this? You mean the accident was not avoidable?
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Klington: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.

It was indeed avoidable mister.
Was it a natural disaster?

What on God's green earth would make the careless brt driver not to have checked before trying to cross the railway?

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
If this accident happened in Anambra you governed for 8yrs sir, the wreckage will still be on site because you didn't provide any emergency vehicles same as your successors.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Faposky95: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Do the dead return ?!
Now a man says the authorities must put in their best foot in and here we are politicking.....??!!!!

Look, the authorities have watched by while innocents die needlessly.....
Many could have been averted.....
The reason people clamour in search of hope which is achievable.....
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Stone03: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Lagos State government in their 'agbero' style of leadership empowered the BRT and made them lords of the road. No one dare use their lane or you feel the devilish wrath of MC Oluomo and his thugs. In a sane society government is known to be organised and employ Organised and excellent people in the system, be it drivers and gate men. The excessive and partial empowerment given to the BRT made them too reckless and these driver thought that train fears Oluomo's impunity.

Lagos needs a change of government for orderliness to come
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.

Just shut up, it could have been avoidable by placing movable barricade, when the train is approaching the high way, not rocket science, risk management is not that hard
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by aylipple: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
Narcissist
/ˈnɑːsΙͺsΙͺst/
noun
~ a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism (Source: Mayo Clinic Online).

Case closed.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by vikiphy89(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Does that means you don't understand English or the use of English?
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
backtovillage:
Werey don come again.
South East need your advice to match SW but you are here giving SW advice.
Ondo state sef better pass all SE states

Just shut up, it could have been avoidable by placing movable barricade, when the train is approaching the high way, not rocket science, risk management is not that hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Watch Japanese Police Officer On Bicycle Chase & Pull Over A Lamborghini Huracan / COVID-19: No Entry For Nigerians, Americans Into Europe / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.