Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi (35099 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused β€” Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by lagosrd: 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How? People should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.
They just want to oppress and intimidate others with smaller vehicles.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.

Who employed them, is it not in their code of conduct and national driving codes not to drive while drunk ?

Is it PDP or LP that is the head of the agency in charge of the buses?

Were you also drunk last year when a brt driver raped and killed an innocent lady .
What general overhauling has been done since

Can you claim ignorance that commercial bus drivers you see the brt been lanes and the lastmasz look away and you a private owner cannot try such and even if you just try such for a while, the brt drivers will almost crush you to death.

Where you need to appalud pls do and where you be need to condemn pls do also

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Emetex22(m): 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wasky101:

No doubt about going back millionaires, wld u step out of your state just for a visit if you found people coming in with polythene bags looking ratcheted .
Plus ask your brothers that have come and gone back home what state in your enclave can compare to the Ogun and Oyo.
The best your onitsha can compare with is Osogbo and this ratcheted people with polythene bags are still moving into Osogbo in the thousands.
Make it make sense
Osogbo compared to Onitsha, ur weed.is too strong πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

Osogbo compared to Onitsha, ur weed.is too strong πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹
Ask your brothers selling used car parts in osogbo, it's their money you are trying to develop onitsha with
Forgot to add the ones selling fake cloths
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Scarcity234: 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Ayk8:

Ok so we don't know it's avoidable before he decide to remind us. Must he remind us?? IYou better shut up if you don't have anything else to contribute.
You should shut up too if you don't have anything else to say

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Emetex22(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wasky101:

Ask your brothers selling used car parts in osogbo, it's their money you are trying to develop onitsha with
Forgot to add the ones selling fake cloths
I advise to switch weed, Osogbo better than Onitsha, next lie abeg, I am waiting πŸ˜† 🀣

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

I advise to switch weed, Osogbo better than Onitsha, next lie abeg, I am waiting πŸ˜† 🀣
Have you asked?
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Emetex22(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wasky101:

Have you asked?
Next u will say Ibadan is greater than Lagos πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹 change ur weed dealer

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by dchamp234(m): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
canf:

Haba, accidents happen even in the most developed countries. Obi rest
Can you please explain how the accident occurred?

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by brutal1(m): 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
Like your saviour. What do I expect from a mob. Once one draws your attention to where you lack basic understanding or fail to comprehend you start barking chihuahua oloriibu
webosky:

You simply lack basic reasoning
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by brutal1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Yenyenyenyen cheesy U dey there live grin infact na you sit down next to the driver with the way you talk am here...what you people cannot defend does not exist...See as you talk am like say na movie grin you brain is full of saw dust. You suppose dey that spot where the train hit the bus werey
Kccheechy:

Oga shut up your mouth!!! The driver saw the train ahead but played smart by trying to quickly cross the rail instead of being patient for the train to pass. 5mins patience would have saved the lives of those who are now dead!!! It was of course avoidable! Someone must be blamed and that is the driver
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by chimpad: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Not a train passing in a city and no barriers are down, or light flashing, to indicate traffic to stop. Be applauding nonsense. Your masters visit working countries and they know how thing are done. #spits
canf:

Haba, accidents happen even in the most developed countries. Obi rest

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by luluman: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.
If you feel theres limit to what you can do resign let anyone that can do better take over.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by luluman: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.
He just said the truth

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Godspikin: 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169

Hogwash!
Must you score cheap political points with this.

Accidents do happen. May God comfort the bereaved and heal the injured.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by seeme2(f): 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
Focus on your region, Gringori. Leave us to handle our own business.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by webosky: 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
brutal1:
Like your saviour. What do I expect from a mob. Once one draws your attention to where you lack basic understanding or fail to comprehend you start barking chihuahua oloriibu

I can't help you
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
Wasky101:

This right here is proof that you submit your brain before joining the Obidient camp.
you lack integrity aswear

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by bibe(m): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

If you understand the principle of hazard and risk prevention then you'll understand that things like these are preventable.
It goes thus;

E- Elimination
S- Substitution
I- Isolation
E- Engineering
A- Administrative
P- Personal Protective Equipment

In this case Engineering applies.
A simple use of engineering system like boom gate and warning signals would have prevented this occurrence. When a train is approaching such intersections, the warning signals will go off and the boom gate will close cutting off access to the rail tracks.

That's where government comes in. Drafting regulations and ensuring such systems are in place.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by brutal1(m): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin grin see messiah grin olugbala araye cheesy you don help yourself? grin guy dey okay first ..you nor see say you don get wiring problem like ds grin you wey ur fuse don cut wan dey impersonate wellness?? grin
webosky:

I can't help you
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by bibe(m): 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.

If you understand the principle of hazard and risk prevention then you'll understand that things like these are preventable.
It goes thus;

E- Elimination
S- Substitution
I- Isolation
E- Engineering
A- Administrative
P- Personal Protective Equipment

In this case Engineering applies.
A simple use of engineering system like boom gate and warning signals would have prevented this occurrence. When a train is approaching such intersections, the warning signals will go off and the boom gate will close cutting off access to the rail tracks.

That's where government comes in. Drafting regulations and ensuring such systems are in place.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

Next u will say Ibadan is greater than Lagos πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹 change ur weed dealer
Just ask your brothers in oke fia, I am sure they saving up money for you to come join them, we will welcome you with your polythene bag and send you back a millionaire
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Wasky101: 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emola12:
you lack integrity aswear
Another proof you submitted your brain before joining the Obidient group.
What does integrity have to do with all this Emeka?
So shld we arrest your lord and master (that collected your brain) Peter obi for all the accidents that happened in Anambra when he was governor?
You Don see say u no get brain. Better go collect your brain back. Not to late to make your family proud
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Olabukola11: 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

You can control a drunk driver by regularly taking their breath samples before they start work and in between work. The accident is avoidable.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by ihimiray(m): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
ovie8200:

People like you don't like the truth. People lose their life all you can say is ethic syndrome as usual.
let's be real..how many times has obi spoken about the killing in the east....dis is as a result of the drivers carelessness..or maybe the brake failed...not blaming government ...
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by dc23(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2023
There is a lot government can do then. You seem to have listed all the possible problems that could have culminated in the accident.

If deserving professional drivers and not touts are employed there would be less of these problems. This is no ordinary road crash we can blame on force majeure.

zed7:

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by OChimex: 12:02am On Mar 10, 2023
zed7:

There are lots Nigerian govt aren’t doing. I have been in the U.S. for years, I use highways on daily basis, drive like 8 hours, yet, I haven’t heard Trailer/Semi-truck fail brake crush people. In fact I haven’t seen one crash. Never.
Railways are spread like cobwebs here, yet I have never seen train crush bus.
Reason is, govt put it necessary measures and people are more safe.
Nigeria govt is stupid, they don’t value life, almost every death and killings in Nigeria are avoidable

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by OChimex: 12:08am On Mar 10, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.

Most deaths in Nigeria are avoidable. Nigeria govt are reckless, stupid, and value no life of Nigerians.

I have been in the U.S. for years, I drive on the highways like 8 hours everyday, I have never seen trailer fail break, crush people, container fell.
Train full everywhere, yet never seen it crush car or humans.
Accidents happen, but very minimal.
The ones in Nigeria are very avoidable. Very avoidable.
Nigerians don’t deserve to be dying like chickens on daily basis
Before you are hired to drive any commercial vehicle carrying people, you must have training, do routine drug test, run background check on you and your driving, must have driven for years without accidents

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by bentenny(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2023
Sentiments apart,Obi is right!
90% of accidents that occur in Nigeria are avoidable if the right safety measures are adhered to!
The reason why such incidence are probably a daily occurrence in Nigeria is because we do not punish those who are reckless and disregard simple safety laws!
Look at the container that fell on a bus at Lagos,who has been held responsible or prosecuted?

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by jasent(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2023
zed7:

Who trains the drivers? If they are misbehaving can't they be changed?

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by jasent(m): 12:18am On Mar 10, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
what was brt bus doing on rain track?

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by soullove1881(m): 12:20am On Mar 10, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169

I'm sorry, but this man fall my hands today.
He should be calming down jor. Effect of being talkative.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Toks2008(m): 1:13am On Mar 10, 2023
zed7:

But you just corroborated his point

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Bus In A Fatal Accident In Oyo, 4 Dead (Graphic Photos) / Passenger Falls Out Of Plane / Helicopter Tour Of Downtown Toronto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.