Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi (35108 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by benzypher(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
Opportunistic By Intent...

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by dappydozzy(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:
I love this news....sorry to anyone quoting me

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace

You are so embittered, and so shall you continue to be.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Johel(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
Jogs1900:
Mr man, face Anambra that erosion has claimed 40% of it's land..chochocho

Shutup!...must you always display your foolishness?...is Anambra and Lagos not in the same Nigeria?, make una try get sense for once...if I blast hediots like you now, some stoopid NL admins go run restrict person, I no Kuku send una papa.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by dappydozzy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Memyselfu2009:
You know a good leader by there actions and empathy

The eye service don do, make e go rest.

4 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Kccheechy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.
Will you shut your dirty mouth!!! The driver saw the train ahead but played smart by trying to quickly cross the rail. A little patience could have saved us this disaster.it was of course avoidable!!!

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by YorubaSamurai: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
Obi is a fool
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by brutal1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
You don't point accusing finger in a situation like this. He is simply taking advantage of this unfortunate situation to score very cheap point against the government. The 'avoided" part of his sentence was a message directed to who? The driver, passengers or the government? Using the word "avoided" is wrong. Planes do crash, accident happens, natural disaster and mishap sef follow..these things happen. Just offer your condolences and move on.
Scarcity234:

Which why he said it can be avoided and you guys took offence....

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Kccheechy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
benzypher:
Opportunistic By Intent...
There is nothing Obi does that people won't talk. He does bad you talk. He does good you still complain. When has it become a crime to commiserate with the victims of that accident?

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by jaxxy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
backtovillage:
Werey don come again.
South East need your advice to match SW but you are here giving SW advice.
Ondo state sef better pass all SE states

brt bus again??

Last time a girl that was raped and killed inside lagos brt bus now this? They have covered up the other case.

what's happening with lagos brt?

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
Another ritual sacrifice for elections.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by biina: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:
How? People should stop making statements just to score political points.

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.
They just want to oppress and intimidate others with smaller vehicles.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.
If he is stubborn and drunk, why give him the keys to the bus? why keep him employed? where is the oversight? Would these politicians and their goons employ same as their personal driver? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Kccheechy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
brutal1:
You don't point accusing finger in a situation like this. He is simply taking advantage of this unfortunate situation to score very cheap point against the government. The 'avoided" part of his sentence was a message directed to who? The driver, passengers or the government? Using the word "avoided" is wrong. Planes do crash, accident happens, natural disaster and mishap sef follow..these things happen. Just offer your condolences and move on.
Oga shut up your mouth!!! The driver saw the train ahead but played smart by trying to quickly cross the rail instead of being patient for the train to pass. 5mins patience would have saved the lives of those who are now dead!!! It was of course avoidable! Someone must be blamed and that is the driver

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Truthshscrazy: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
Mercury12:

Thanks for your concern.
Do well to speak up on depressing news perpetrated by IPOB and ESN miscreants too so you don't look like an hypocrite undecided
K Noted
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Truthshscrazy: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kccheechy:

Oga shut up your mouth!!! The driver saw the train ahead but played smart by trying to quickly cross the rail instead of being patient for the train to pass. 5mins patience would have saved the lives of those who are now dead!!! It was of course avoidable! Someone must be blamed and that is the driver
These Rail tracks/Lanes should be barricaded and sealed off motor cars track honestly. The other day it was The Kubwa Train incident
https://guardian.ng/news/pandemonium-as-train-crushes-woman-in-kubwa/

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Lacash: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Raysleek: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Obi is my man but let's be real. Can you control a stubborn or drunk driver? These BRT bus drivers drive like they own the road. Same applies to container carrier drivers and all those lorry drivers.

There is a limit to what the government can do, we as individuals should learn to do better.
So drunk and stubborn drivers can't be stopped? Wow.
It's true sha after all they said they own lagos now they are saying they own Nigeria. Nothing can be done jare not even the slightest effort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Jnrprince1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

I will continue to celebrate 🍾 and pop champagne anytime I hear bad news from Nigeria

How can a sane human go to the polling unit and vote for Apc again...Nigerians are sick..how can politicians give you adhoc staff small money and you really rig the election for Apc...Nigerians are sick

Untill we put on our conscience and grab our pvc without tribalism, religion and petty sentiments And do the right thing

I will keep on saying it If you can't handover your daughter or sister for Marriage to a sick old man with dementia not physically and mentally fit and he is aware of his environment but you voted and you you want the same man to head over 220 millions Nigeria may you and your children know no peace
God will judge you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Gboliwe: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
Even Sanwolu says its an avoidable accident. Why una dey tear payint?
zed7:

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by sunnnnyuu(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169
See this one trying to turn it to politics 🤔

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Gboliwe: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
The state governor also used the same word avoidable so we agree it is an avoidable accident

brutal1:
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Espelbengz(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
Leader of the second losers😂
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Cromagnon: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:

Nigerians are sick

No
You are

We all are sick

Thank goodness you admitted

Your prerogative

Small money better than no money
Or did obi transform Anambra to El Dorado?

Dreams
Premium dreams
Humans will always be tribal and sentimental
Deal with it and stop ranting

If your curses had power you would have cursed Boko
So stop foaming at the mouth and accept your defeat and prepare early for next election not throwing tantrums 2 weeks to election
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by hush15: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Yes, if passengers feels their driver is being unethical and unsafe, they have the right not to enter his or her vehicle, stop him if they already in the vehicle and report to the appropriate authorities for proper disciplinary actions or a change. We shouldn't be giving excuses for people's laxity towards bad behaviors but because we run a paddy paddy society and government. We tolerate inexcusable acts for no reason and that's why we are where we are as a nation. They allowed a careless driver who feels because he is a government staff, unreproachable and king of the road, maybe he has some godfather in Alausa, decides to be reckless and has cost some people their lives even though they also let him.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by elemstanley: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
Yes it is avoidable, Nigeria is rich enough to afford level crossing for such places that vehicles and pedestrians use in train lines.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Tesie2003: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
PO just lost my respect for him. He seems to talk too much and such person won’t do well as a leader. The followers should be careful so we don’t run from frying pan to fire. Everything is not politics. Even in civilized world, such accident do occur.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
This is bullshit. I hate it when a person talks as if he is better than others or he would have done better if he were to be the one. Which one is 'it was avoidable'? Thank God he is not our president.
the owner of the BRT and SANWO OLU suppose to be arrested for this because I never understand why BRT can go to train lain are they using the same road
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by gfon(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Abass07:
Rubbish.
Yes it was avoidable, the driver is at fault, he wasn't patient enough.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by jeff1607(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

Government has a lot to here, the drivers here aren’t sane or qualified to drive, nothing is done to drivers who drive those yellow buses and government owned vehicles
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by victorsola: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1633854023718535169
they killed people in imo, u no talk about am na lagos u Dey chuk mouth.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Touchypro(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
zed7:

No matter how you understand it, the incidence is still avoidable one, it's not just the government alone that the statement is referring to.
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by Kimiso(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
Fut9ure:

Nigerians are sick

We all are sick

you can go and die if you think the new development wouldn't benefit just you alone excluding me and my loved ones and every other nigerians here who believed the new development would be of great benefit to them
Re: The Lagos Train / Bus Crash Was Avoidable - Peter Obi by benzypher(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
if he didn't want to be a talking point why contest for presidency

Commiserating with victims is not a crime, doing it only when you have gains to make is vile.
commiserating selectively to different tragedies is psycopathic and manipulative.
neglecting the continous terrorism in your backyard and commentating on the misfortune in the front lawn of others is self-righteous,
narcissistic and hypocritical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

World Most Dangerous Airports / GUO Bus Plunges Into Owode River In Lagos, 2 Dead (Photos) / Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.