Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? (1462 Views)

Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Fireoflife: 8:20am On Mar 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Only yesterday, you said Satan battled against God in His throne room. What gives? undecided

2. God is Sovereign meaning all things — good and evil — He works together according to His plan. Nothing can go against God's plan and purpose. undecided
i witnessed the battle too, apparently it was over david. I even wrote something about it here yesterday.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by herlecks(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2023
God is love, creating such a lovely planet and placing little humans in it for his and their pleasure, until man yielded to the rebel who some think as friend, whereas in their tiny mind God is evil. When they try to fathom God with their understanding, they fall into grievous error, they can't know him with their minds, they've read about him yet this knowledge leads them to more confusion, these are knowledgeable but wisdom is far from their boarders. If only they would seek him with their whole heart, will he not be found by them? If your maker is not good enough, aren't you declaring yourselves worthless, no matter how good you may think you appear he who made you will always be far better. You are mocking your own destinies.

1 Like

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
Banilla:
Didn't I also tell you the Bible contradicts itself? Not my business. I only pick a story to discuss.

Doesn't that make him evil? What good did Job's suffering serve? To reassure himself that he's still God? If he knows all, did he need to put the man through all that? He even allowed the death of his innocent children! God should have known Job's faith in him was strong. He's God!

You are evil but God is not evil but too Good! If He wasn't too Good you evil things should have long since been torn to pieces a thousand times per day, for forever.

The Bible shows that God was very much happy with Job that He used him to mock Satan, which brought about a challenge, exactly how we are happy about our children's intelligence that we boast with them calling for anyone to challenge them.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Banilla:

Job didn't do anything... Neither did Abraham although he was treated fairly better. I can't imagine the pain he went through, thinking he must murder his son. Why does God play these mind games? Are they necessary?
From what happened to Job we know the real person behind the order for Abraham to kill his only son. Satan is accusing Abraham of being faithful simply because he now has what he wants (descendant) so just as Satan told God to test Job's loyalty Abraham was called out too by the same accuser who has been accusing all faithful people before God! Revelations 12 :10
If you're reading the Bible like a story book you can never figure out these facts unless you read carefully, study diligently, meditate thoroughly and pray fervently otherwise you'll continue to complicate the whole thing. Proverbs 2:1-6

So it's the same Satan who is behind all those accusations just as he did with Job God must not shield anyone after all we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory therefore we must prove we are different from Adam who was selfish and self-centered in his attempt to alienate himself from God.

Banilla:

You're still agreeing with me; whether they are being punished for their sins or having their faith tested, God is responsible for their suffering because only he can take the life of a man and all he possesses... undecided
Well your outlook differs from mine because as a father i must allow my son to undergo the surgery that will restore him to perfect health if that's what it will take to do so. Allowing my child to undergo such pain which will fortify him to be stronger than he is presently is an act of love towards him! wink

Banilla:

Doesn't your God terrify you?

NO! never!
He is all loving, merciful and patient! Psalms 103:12-14 smiley
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

NO!
The problem is from Adam who brought sin into the life of all his descendants {Romans 5:12} Satan can't touch Adam or Eve because the glory of God is upon them but he can speak to them perhaps they're satisfied with their condition or they will like to explore for something better than what God gave them.

The couple chose to rebel against God's order and that's how they sold all their descendants into slavery under Satan. Romans 3:23

Satan knew God's angels moving throughout the earth {Ezekiel 10:12} these creatures are like God's eyes throughout the earth {2Chronicles 16:9} to report back to God regarding any of Adam's descendants that's striving to do what is right. Malachi 3:16

So when Satan notice any human gaining the attention of these angels he feels such a person is untouchable for him {Job 1:10} that's why God told Satan "you're free to touch him (after all he's also one of the descendants of Adam the rebel) but don't kill him" Job 1:12

Please whenever anyone is facing difficult time let him not even think it's God that's bringing the evil to test him because nobody can test God with evil things neither does He test anyone with evil {James 1:13} just like Adam each human is tempted by his or heart desire that's what gives Satan access and eventually leads to death! James 1:14-15
Yahweh knew that Adam would succumb to the tree of life, but instead went ahead to plant it, not just that, he planted it right in the middle of the Garden with the best succulent fruits
Doesn't it make him a psychopath?

1 Like

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
Banilla:
Lmao. grin

What? Whats funny? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ it's the same God but i'll enlighten you on that later (if you really want to know)
But as for the troubles facing humans it's not from God rather it's men themselves that are the cause of their own misfortune.

Take for instance the case of Sodom and Gomorrah those angels serving as God's eyes saw how toxic the two cities are and the moral damage they will bring to the planet if they're allowed to continue existing that's why they reported the case to God who sent his only begotten Son as His representative to go and verify it was after verification that God ordered the angels to destroy the two cities!

The God in the old testament has a reason why He[b] became lenient[/b] after His son has come to the earth but later He will still wipe out billions for rejecting the message His Son brought to mankind {John 3:16} just as He did to Noah's generation! Luke 17:26-27 compare to 19:27 smiley
Is he still the unchangeable changer? The unchangeable god?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
Banilla:

Job didn't do anything... Neither did Abraham although he was treated fairly better. I can't imagine the pain he went through, thinking he must murder his son. Why does God play these mind games? Are they necessary? undecided

You're still agreeing with me; whether they are being punished for their sins or having their faith tested, God is responsible for their suffering because only he can take the life of a man and all he possesses... undecided

Doesn't your God terrify you?
Max is incapable of that kinda reasoning. His mind has a limit for cerebration set by religion. So don't bother
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
herlecks:
God is love, creating such a lovely planet and placing little humans in it for his and their pleasure, until man yielded to the rebel who some think as friend, whereas in their tiny mind God is evil. When they try to fathom God with their understanding, they fall into grievous error, they can't know him with their minds, they've read about him yet this knowledge leads them to more confusion, these are knowledgeable but wisdom is far from their boarders. If only they would seek him with their whole heart, will he not be found by them? If your maker is not good enough, aren't you declaring yourselves worthless, no matter how good you may think you appear he who made you will always be far better. You are mocking your own destinies.
Which maker are you talking about?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are evil but God is not evil but too Good! If He wasn't too Good you evil things should have long since been torn to pieces a thousand times per day, for forever.

The Bible shows that God was very much happy with Job that He used him to mock Satan, which brought about a challenge, exactly how we are happy about our children's intelligence that we boast with them calling for anyone to challenge them.
Lawag3
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

From what happened to Job we know the real person behind the order for Abraham to kill his only son. Satan is accusing Abraham of being faithful simply because he now has what he wants (descendant) so just as Satan told God to test Job's loyalty Abraham was called out too by the same accuser who has been accusing all faithful people before God! Revelations 12 :10
If you're reading the Bible like a story book you can never figure out these facts unless you read carefully, study diligently, meditate thoroughly and pray fervently otherwise you'll continue to complicate the whole thing. Proverbs 2:1-6

So it's the same Satan who is behind all those accusations just as he did with Job God must not shield anyone after all we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory therefore we must prove we are different from Adam who was selfish and self-centered in his attempt to alienate himself from God.

Well your outlook differs from mine because as a father i must allow my son to undergo the surgery that will restore him to perfect health if that's what it will take to do so. Allowing my child to undergo such pain which will fortify him to be stronger than he is presently is an act of love towards him! wink

NO! never!
He is all loving, merciful and patient
! Psalms 103:12-14 smiley
Yet he drowned millions of people just for being sinful, without a chance of forgiveness
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by herlecks(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
Have you ever seen the clay question the potter? I've not. Yet these kids rant because of some past pain caused by their ignorance or that of their ancestors which they blame on God as if he owes anything in creation any form responsibility he must fulfill. The earlier you know you were created to give him pleasure the quicker your brain starts working properly. They are locked and lost in their past, they thought God disappointed them not knowing they are the ones causing themselves pain. What will your hatred for God do to him? Boys and girls, you are so insignificant he can't even see you talk more know whether you hate him, he's too busy with those that love him, loving them, gisting with them, having pleasurable moments with them. Haters of God, give up. Hating him will never give you his attention.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
herlecks:
Have you ever seen the clay question the potter? I've not. Yet these kids rant because of some past pain caused by their ignorance or that of their ancestors which they blame on God as if he owes anything in creation any form responsibility he must fulfill. The earlier you know you were created to give him pleasure the quicker your brain starts working properly. They are locked and lost in their past, they thought God disappointed them not knowing they are the ones causing themselves pain. What will your hatred for God do to him? Boys and girls, you are so insignificant he can't even see you talk more know whether you hate him, he's too busy with those that love him, loving them, gisting with them, having pleasurable moments with them. Haters of God, give up. Hating him will never give you his attention.
Stop rambling abeg! undecided

The potter whom you pretend is involved here made it abundantly clear to you from the beginning that He is God of Israel. Even Jesus Christ explained to you from 1000s of years ago that He was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel . Brazil is not His Israel, so why do you feel the need to meaninglessly loop His mention into the rubbish that crawls through your mind regarding those you love to hate? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Tboy222: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
God tests us to make us grow in our faith both spiritually and physically,just as new born babes that have to be weaned,they grow through the process with weeping and pains,so we are to grow spiritually with Christ Jesus. Jesus passed through the process by looking unto God, we are to follow through by looking unto Christ Jesus our Author and Finisher of our Faith.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop rambling abeg! undecided

The potter whom you pretend is involved here made it abundantly clear to you from the beginning that He is God of Israel. Even Jesus Christ explained to you from 1000s of years ago that He was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel . Brazil is not His Israel, so why do you feel the need to meaninglessly loop His mention into the rubbish that crawls through your mind regarding those you love to hate? undecided

I don't get you.

Is Nigeria "His Israel"?

Will Jesus save Nigerians?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
I don't get you. Is Nigeria "His Israel"? Will Jesus save Nigerians?
Did Jesus Christ tell you that He came to save Nigerians or Nigeria? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by jaephoenix(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
Banilla:
Satan is under the authority of God. If God forbids him from hurting a person, Satan can do them no harm.

Does that mean the bad things that happen even to God's faithful may have been permitted by God himself to test their faith?
Lets just say there's no god. And our actions determine our fate

1 Like

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ tell you that He came to save Nigerians or Nigeria? undecided

No. Jesus Christ did not tell me that He came to save Nigerians or Nigeria. That's why I do not worship Jesus Christ nor the imaginary Israelite God.

I do love the book though, as it's a right head wringer, like chewing stick is to teeth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■ No. Jesus Christ did not tell me that He came to save Nigerians or Nigeria. That's why I do not worship Jesus Christ nor the imaginary Israelite God. I do love the book though, as it's a right head wringer, like chewing stick is to teeth.
1. OK then . undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. OK then . undecided

Do you worship Jesus?

Do you worship God?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■Do you worship Jesus? Do you worship God?
Of course! undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course! undecided

Why do you worship Jesus Christ and God?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
Why do you worship Jesus Christ and God?
Because He calls me to do exactly that — trust and obey Him. undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Because He calls me to do exactly that — trust and obey Him. undecided

The God of Israel calls Nigerian you to worship and obey Him to what end?

What do you gain from worshipping the God of the Israelites?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■The God of Israel calls Nigerian you to worship and obey Him to what end?
■What do you gain from worshipping the God of the Israelites?
1. Where did the God of Israel, or Jesus Christ, tell you or say any of that? undecided
2. By worshipping Him, I gain everything He promises only to those who trust and obey HIm. undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where did the God of Israel, or Jesus Christ, tell you or say any of that? undecided
2. By worshipping Him, I gain everything He promises only to those who trust and obey HIm. undecided

You have repeatedly claimed the promise is for Israelites, so how do you, a non-Israelite, gain anything He promises?

Kobojunkie:
1. I am not against the God of Israel neither am I against Jesus Christ who also said His father sent Him only to the Lost sheep of Israel. I am instead against gods of men
--- the men you worship and place your destinies in the hands of --' who desperately seek to attach themselves to the God of Israel and Jesus Christ who clearly said they are not of Him. undecided

Are you a "lost sheep of Israel"?

Or do you just "desperately seek to attach yourself to the God of Israel and Jesus Christ"?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■You have repeatedly claimed the promise is for Israelites, so how do you, a non-Israelite, gain anything He promises? Are you a "lost sheep of Israel"?
Or do you just "desperately seek to attach yourself to the God of Israel and Jesus Christ"?
1. Only those who are can enter into the Kingdom of God and are taught by God Himself. So, yes! undecided

2. That would amount to expecting God to bend His Law .i.e change His mind or lie. And God does not do that, according to scripture. undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Only those who are can enter into the Kingdom of God and are taught by God Himself. So, yes! undecided

Is it okay for me to presume therefore that the message of Jesus and God is not "only for the lost sheep of Israel" as you previously claimed, but also for those "who can enter into the Kingdom of God and are taught by God Himself"?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■ Is it okay for me to presume therefore that the message of Jesus and God is not "only for the lost sheep of Israel" as you previously claimed, but also for those "who can enter into the Kingdom of God and are taught by God Himself"?
1. If His message is meant only for the Lost sheep of Israel, doesn't that equally mean that only those who are of the Lost sheep of Israel can enter into the Kingdom of God which He, Jesus Christ is King of — God's special Nation of Priests which He makes of the children of Israel- Exodus 19 vs 6? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If His message is meant only for the Lost sheep of Israel, doesn't that equally mean that only those who are of the Lost sheep of Israel can enter into the Kingdom of God which He, Jesus Christ is King of — God's special Nation of Priests which He makes of the children of Israel- Exodus 19 vs 6? undecided

Has "Jesus Christ is King of — God's special Nation of Priests" made Nigeria you a "children of Israel"?

Why then the following?

Kobojunkie:

As for someone telling you a powerful leader will die, the God of Israel never said He will tell you anything regarding Nigeria so surely all those people telling you the stories you listen to have nothing to do with the God of Israel who cannot be God of Nigeria by His own decree. undecided

Can that God be or not be a God of Nigeria and Nigerians?
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:
■ Has "Jesus Christ is King of — God's special Nation of Priests" made Nigeria you a "children of Israel"? Why then the following? Can that God be or not be a God of Nigeria and Nigerians?
1. Your question makes no sense. Is the name "Nigeria" found anywhere in scripture? He specifically said Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men — Deuteronomy 32 vs 1 - 9 — so why do you keep insisting on adding Nigeria to the list? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your question makes no sense. Is the name "Nigeria" found anywhere in scripture? He specifically said Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men — Deuteronomy 32 vs 1 - 9 — so why do you keep insisting on adding Nigeria to the list? undecided

Israel is a nation of Israelites, who you claim God's promise is for. I ask about Nigeria to see how it applies to non-Israelite you, and would be grateful if you would explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

and Thou Shalt Neither Draw Nor Be Christian! Muslims 11th Commandment! / Are Some Churches Gradually Becoming Financial Institutions? / Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.