Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? (1464 Views)

Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
budaatum:

You did not copy them from scripture.

Post chapter and verse for them plesse so every one can go see for themself!
https://www.nairaland.com/7607919/does-god-authorize-suffering-test/2#121749119
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
https://www.nairaland.com/7607919/does-god-authorize-suffering-test/2#121749119

You can not possibly be so dumb as to think a single verse explains the entire Bible. I too quoted chapter and verse to contradict what you posted, or did I not?

Imagine I post Exodus 20:5, and claim God is jealous, would you not counter with verses claiming "God is love", which is not jealous? Or would you argue that being jealous goes with loving?

Read it again here. Just this time, try harder to understand by checking the chapters and verses quoted to see how they contradict your claim. Then perhaps attempt to square the circle of understanding.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
budaatum:
■ You can not possibly be so dumb as to think a single verse explains the entire Bible. I too quoted chapter and verse to contradict what you posted, or did I not?.
1. Where in the world did I state that only two verses there explain the entire bible? Why in the world are you even attempting to explain the entire bible when this conversation is simply about something from the context that is the Words of Jesus Christ alone? What does quoting a verse from an entirely different context and talk have to do with the simple question asked you of Jesus Christ? undecided

Again... https://www.nairaland.com/7607919/does-god-authorize-suffering-test/2#121749119
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

This explains the whole concept of religion. If anyone accepts religion with all its illogicalities, then where would it end? Look how Junkie is expanding his colorful imagination and saying all kinds of illogical shit, which many people would gobble up without blinking if it came outta an authoritative mouth(like a pastor etc). So where does the illogicality end? I can even add that lm also American, using Junkie's illogical logicallity

No one here has gobbled up kobojunkies belief that believing and trusting God makes them an Israelite.

Gone are the days when people just gobble up anything said in god's name, as you'd find in this thread. Start at the beginning of it and be amazed at the many who's eyes are now open.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where in the world did I state that only two verses there explain the entire bible? Why in the world are you even attempting to explain the entire bible when this conversation is simply about something from the context that is the Words of Jesus Christ alone?

It is not about the word of Christ alone. It is about you claiming to be an Israelite, and how!
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
budaatum:
It is not about the word of Christ alone. It is about you claiming to be an Israelite, and how!
1. I am afraid you have lost me. Does the validity of the claims made by Jesus Christ depend on my person or what? undecided
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you have lost me. Does the validity of the claims made by Jesus Christ depend on my person or what? undecided

Perhaps if you read the entire conversation, you might see where you err.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

The bold verse 24 could be understood as him telling his disciples that he did only come for the lost sheep of Israel, but even if he said that, the woman argued her case and convinced him that others can accept him too, which he agreed with in verse 28 thereby healing her and showing he came for the Canaanite too, and she did not in anyway become an Israelite on being healed.

In fact, I'd go as far as claiming the version you quote is rogue, since there are many other non-Israelites that Jesus healed, like the centurion in Matthew 8:5-13, who also did not become an Israelite upon being healed.

Another example is found in Matthew 12 where it is written, “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations".

Some Bibles have that "nations" as Gentiles, who are not of Israel, and there is no indication that they become Israelites on accepting Jesus.

Another example is Jesus telling the Jewish “chief priests and scribes” (Matthew 21:15) and “Pharisees” (21:45) that righteous Gentiles will enter the kingdom before self-righteous Jews (like them)!

"`The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner; this was the Lord’s doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you (Israelites) and given to a nation producing the fruits of it.” said he!

Nowhere is it written that anyone who accepts Christ becomes an Israelite, kobo, but you are of course free to believe what pleases you.
Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
budaatum:
■ Perhaps if you read the entire conversation, you might see where you err.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

The bold verse 24 could be understood as him telling his disciples that he did only come for the lost sheep of Israel, but even if he said that, the woman argued her case and convinced him that others can accept him too, which he agreed with in verse 28 thereby healing her and showing he came for the Canaanite too, and she did not in anyway become an Israelite on being healed.
1. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I am afraid that at this point, you have completely abandoned whatever else is left of your ability to comprehend, all in your bid to what? grin

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. - Matthew 15 vs 24
Open your eyes so you can maybe see that even the verse you quoted makes emphasis the fact that He applies only to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel, and is not sent to anyone else. undecided

Re: Does God Authorize Suffering To Test Our Faith In Him? by budaatum: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I am afraid that at this point, you have completely abandoned whatever else is left of your ability to comprehend, all in your bid to what? grin

Open your eyes so you can maybe see that even the verse you quoted makes emphasis the fact that He applies only to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel, and is not sent to anyone else. undecided

The peace of the Lord be with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What is Christmas? / What Is The Greatest Sin? / Religion Will Destroy Nigerians. No God Will Save You!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.