Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu (56167 Views)

Doguwa: A man With 4 Wives & 28 Children Has The Leadership Skills To Be Speaker / Tackle Insecurity In The North West, El-Rufai Begs FG / Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by ebbo(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2023
famology:

What did kaduna bring to the table? Check results. Even if speaker is zoned to nw, it should not go to kaduna.

Se should take the sp while north central takes the speaker. Both should be christians. Nw takes the ssg and ss takes the cos.

The northwest gave the highest votes to the APC and u expect it to be treated anyhow. Politics is not played by emotions but by reality.

1 Like

Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by bjdon: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2023
FarahAideed:
President Muslim
Vp MUSLIM
Senate President Muslim
Now Speaker Muslim
Yep. In fact all service chiefs, CBN governor, and Chief justice should be Muslim.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Jack500: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Goodnigga:
if u at all you have one. Omo ale

Your father is an omo ale
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2023
miketayo:

why not he helped BAT win in the north

Leave these neophytes, they know nothing. 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2023
adioolayi:
He who work, must eat...

There is nothing bad in Elrufai and Kaduna demanding for certain positions to be ceded to them..

That's why it's called politics..

It's time for any region or state that feels they have contributed well to the emergence of the President-elect to make demands.

Na to sit-down, compare and dialogue to reach a compromise, if there are more than one state interested..

Politics is all about interests.

Know this and know peace.

Obidients, lesson 001 for you.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:48am On Mar 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
El rufai should realize it's nass members who ll vote their principal officers... PDP other reps ll have a say who ll be speaker and Senate president...

APC has a majority in the house, opposition members can also be courted. No by online noise. 😂
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by GeneralPulal: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
chaloskyx:
Look its not bad having an all Muslim leadership na religion we wan chop as long as they sha deliver on their electoral promises and make Nigeria better you that you have been carrying Christianity on your head since birth what has it done for most of you except exploit you of your finances and make empty prophecies just to give you hope
Exactly..

The northerners doesn’t care about speaker or senate. They only want good governance. Things have been too harsh and they believe in tinubu..

Once tinubu gives a good governance, all the best for the rest..
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
abidem4real:

So, Lawan and Gbajabiamila wouldn't be retaining their seats as Senate President and House Speaker respectively?! Wow! Peter Obi's tsunami has changed all narratives politically in Nigeria.

Labour Party deserves some credit.

How? 😂😂😂

Abeg.

Tinubu is from SW, sama as Gbaja, Shettima is from NE, same as Lawan, where does LP comes in here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

APC has a majority in the house, opposition members can also be courted. No by online noise. 😂
u guys forget 2015 so easily.. if APC try to Impose candidates they ll all lose out...2019 we all saw how gbajia campaign well and won fairly... Nass is an independent arm not a footstead of executive
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by famology(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
ebbo:

The northwest gave the highest votes to the APC and u expect it to be treated anyhow. Politics is not played by emotions but by reality.

So the sgf is not good enough for them? We must be conscious in balancing the religious diversity of Nigeria after the election. You can't have a Muslim from nw as sp when the president and vice are muslims.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by abidem4real: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

How? 😂😂😂

Abeg.

Tinubu is from SW, sama as Gbaja, Shettima is from NE, same as Lawan, where does LP comes in here?
I'm not saying Labour Party representatives are going to be given those posts. What I'm driving at here is if Labour Party had not given them a tough fight, Elrufai wouldn't have worked so hard for Tinubu to have demanded such compensation which according to some sources, Senate Presidency or Speakership is going to South East to pacify probably Obi's people.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u guys forget 2015 so easily.. if APC try to Impose candidates they ll all lose out...2019 we all saw how gbajia campaign well and won fairly... Nass is an independent arm not a footstead of executive

What brings 2015 here? And what brings about talk of imposition of heads?

You also seem to forget 2019 where the aprty got it's wishes in choice of leadership of both houses.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
abidem4real:

I'm not saying Labour Party representatives are going to be given those posts. 1. What I'm driving at here is if Labour Party had not given them a tough fight, 2. Elrufai wouldn't have worked so hard for Tinubu to have demanded such compensation which according to some sources, 3. Senate Presidency or Speakership is going to South East to pacify probably Obi's people.

1. 😂

Seriously?

Gave who a tough fight? Atiku? Cos definitely not Tinubu. Guy swept the polls, a margin of over 2 million is not a neck-to-neck race, that's even against the second runner up.

2. The Elrufais, Gandujes and Wamakkos were not in a race against Obi but Atiku. With or without Obi, they would have come out to 'fight', Obi just made their job easier.

3. This is common in politics and there is nothing like pacifying Obi's people, given a position or not, there is almost nothing they can do. Besides, the zoning formula is not yet out. The major zones in contention are NW, NC and SS, SE may just be given something to hold onto.

1 Like

Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by luluman: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
Ahh Zazu wan be speaker.. wow
Olodo, its zazzau not zazu
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

What brings 2015 here? And what brings about talk of imposition of heads?

You also seem to forget 2019 where the aprty got it's wishes in choice of leadership of both houses.
they got their wishes cos they didn't impose the candidates on nass gbajia Lawan campaign and lobbied PDP guys... It was onofiok luke a PDP rep Akwa ibom that nominated gbajia on day on inauguration for elections... As it stands now Akpabio is popular and would be acceptable to all as Senate president if APC endorse someone else not popular that person ll lose... APC can nominate and let them campaign don't impose simple... Nass guys aren't babies
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
they got their wishes cos they didn't impose the candidates on nass gbajia Lawan campaign and lobbied PDP guys... It was onofiok luke a PDP rep Akwa ibom that nominated gbajia on day on inauguration for elections... As it stands now Akpabio is popular and would be acceptable to all as Senate president if APC endorse someone else not popular that person ll lose... APC can nominate and let them campaign don't impose simple... Nass guys aren't babies

You just repeated everything I said but made it clear you want Akpabio to emerge SP.

You can't be so sure about weather he will emerge or not, more popular candidates have given way for less popular ones e.g Lawan and his rivals in 2019.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

You just repeated everything I said but made it clear you want Akpabio to emerge SP.

You can't be so sure about weather he will emerge or not, more popular candidates have given way for less popular ones e.g Lawan and his rivals in 2019.
Lawan campaign well that's why he was accepted... Bottom line is imposition ll backfire even tinubu himself won a contest in primaries refused accepting consensus... So let nass guys campaign... The house is not for APC alone
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Lawan campaign well that's why he was accepted... Bottom line is imposition ll backfire even tinubu himself won a contest in primaries refused accepting consensus... So let nass guys campaign... The house is not for APC alone

Nothing like Lawan campaigned well, Lawan is not among the first 3 senators from NE in terms of influence and if the party and the presidency didn't Wade in, he woudnt have made 2nd.

The opposition members can be goaded and courted. You seem too invested in this thing, I won't advise.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by bahaushe1: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
FarahAideed:
President Muslim
Vp MUSLIM
Senate President Muslim
Now Speaker Muslim

Senate President will most likely be from the south, and a Christian.

As for speaker, northwest will most likely have that.

Northern Christians voted against APC, how do you expect them to be given a chance to produce speaker?
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Nothing like Lawan campaigned well, Lawan is not among the first 3 senators from NE in terms of influence and if the party and the presidency didn't Wade in, he woudnt have made 2nd.

The opposition members can be goaded and courted. You seem too invested in this thing, I won't advise.
let nass guys campaign it's a democracy... Again imposition ll backfire
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by ebbo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
famology:

So the sgf is not good enough for them? We must be conscious in balancing the religious diversity of Nigeria after the election. You can't have a Muslim from nw as sp when the president and vice are muslims.

At least the speaker seat and chief of staff should go to the northwest.
Re: Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu by Cromagnon: 5:30am On Mar 15, 2023
FarahAideed:

Sharap , what have I gained from Muslim politics...you people that won't even allow Tinubu take Northern Christian as VP
So answer question with questio
That's how you know they are empty loud barrels
Welcome to democracy 101
You don't pick what you like
You pick what the majority likes
Northern Christians refused to come out and vote so they are now the minority

Only a fool picks based on sentiment in face of stark numbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Rocks Celebrant At A Birthday Party (Photo) / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules / Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.