Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Just Lost My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just Lost My Job (28187 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / I Just Lost My Job / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Lost My Job by sulaak(m): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

System admin

I can't name the company for some reasons best known to me

I invested but it dipped less than I imagined

I will assume that as a system admin, you work in IT. So my advice is to focus on training and improving your skills. Investigate other skills such as Devops and look at the international market for offshore opportunities.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Kemadealadire(f): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Keep moving!
Re: Just Lost My Job by Pipefitter: 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:
I just got fired from my job yesterday and I have no idea why, just out of the blue.

Any advice to help with this. I cried on my drive home because I really enjoyed working there and the pay was good. I guess that's what I get for trying to ever make something of myself.

I try to make an honest living as a young man trying to enter the workforce and this is what happens.
Is it time to become an unemployed once again?

I feel bleeped. Life is bleeped. I just wanted a nice house, a wife and a little savings I'm the bank. Guess that's not happening

Sorry brother, don't lose hope. I have been jobless since January, thank God I usually pay my rent in advance but it's not easy... Already racked up 1.3m debt in less than 3months..lol crazy thing is I don't spend like this when I'm working but you know idleness shaa...I don look for job I no see, hopefully next week I get my passport and begin my Japa process.. it's well, don't be discouraged
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nwaotu10(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Run away from the last babe you bleeped, and whores in general. Pray to God for forgiveness.
sex has ruined many grin

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by frankyfranky(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Anything that comes as a challenge in a man's life must be taken as the process of life,,,, it's just a phase. Don't dwell there, move on n be focused. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
LegendHero:

This is you in February. Can I ask what kind of job you lost?

If it’s just a normal side hustle job you’ll get another easily. Coz you’re still in university, so you still have hope after school.

Sysadmin work
Re: Just Lost My Job by Bigbayour: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:
I just got fired from my job yesterday and I have no idea why, just out of the blue.

Any advice to help with this. I cried on my drive home because I really enjoyed working there and the pay was good. I guess that's what I get for trying to ever make something of myself.

I try to make an honest living as a young man trying to enter the workforce and this is what happens.

I feel bleeped. Life is bleeped. I just wanted a nice house, a wife and a little savings I'm the bank. Guess that's not happening

I have been in your shoe.

But you know it was actually great blessings in disguise for me?

Here is what I did.

I reflected on what I must have done that made them fired me, and I realized I really and truly bleeped up in some areas. So I learnt from them and made up my mind never to let it repeat itself again. This was in March 2015, e month after my Wedding.

I first of all draft out my daily routine.

1. I must apply for at least 10 jobs in a day.

2. I must learn new thing online par day. Nairaland Business session was very useful.

3. I must go out to a nearby school for 2 hours to move around and reflect my life.

And so many other things.

Within 3 weeks, I started getting interviews, and I ended up did 8 interviews within 5 weeks after I was fired. I got 2 jobs out of the 8 interviews and the salary doubled what I was earning.

Between that time and now, I have changed my job 5 times and my salary is now times 6 of what I was earning in the job where I was fired..

Reflect yourself and it will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Lost My Job by Sonnobax15(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
lipsrsealed
Wahala... I'm so sorry for you bro...

Sometimes, that's why I prefer self employed job to working for others.. Because your employer might just wake up someday on the wrong side of his bed and decid to fire you angry. Bro,we don pass this stage of life,and we came out strong.....

Las las no worry,every go stew...So long say you no give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Lost My Job by Bobbiee: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Hope you have alternative source of income and large savings. As a guy, you mustn't rely on just one source of income. Regardless of how much that income is.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Ikea81: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Hang in there bro....most companies have been downsizing low key since. I lost mine in December.....that's why I have so much time for nairaland now 😂. As at today I heard one of the major breweries is sending over 150 people home..Things have been tight for companies since Emelewerey starting experimenting at CBN with the dullard Bubu.

Anyway, get home, talk it over with your family. Smile, eat and take it as a long vacation. Plan the next three months with what you have been able to save and dust your CV to start applying for new jobs. Projections are the second half of this year will be better and buoyant. I have submitted over 50 applications, got 10 interview invites and just got a call to come for a chat and sign contract on Friday. So it's well. Stay strong bro. Just make sure you have only people that encourages you this period. Good luck!
Re: Just Lost My Job by xevove2061: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

What do you mean by this? Do you owe someome or yourself for making something out of yourself?
Re: Just Lost My Job by damoobaba: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

You dont have to call yourself a failure. Life has ever been just enjoyment FOR ANYBODY. When you fall, pull yourself up and rise. Even Elon musk cant tell you hes been having it smooth all his life. If you need a place to submit CV again, let's know. I have someone who gives job to people.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Dagrace01(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Been out of job since last year..
Pls I need a sure link where I can submit my CV day in day out.
I'm in for WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram links pls.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Romanoff:
It's not the worse thing to happen to anyone. People lose their jobs every day.

I hope you have savings?
No

Now is not the time to pout about your loss, it's time to start job hunting again. Reach out to former colleagues, tell them you're looking for a job, remove the cobwebs from your linked in profile and give it a makeover.

Look through job vacancy sites daily.

After six months of searching, if you're unable to find one, offer your services for free by volunteering to avoid too much gap in your CV.
Or

Take up a training or course that will improve your CV or make your skills and experience more sellable.

I'm done job hunting

I'm thinking of being a farmer
Re: Just Lost My Job by Tzar(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Please stay strong. Don't let this setback stop you from trying.
If you have a car, quickly use part of your savings to register for Uber. Cut your spendings drastically. DON'T be afraid to reject any request for money from even friends and family. Move closer to GOD, pray more, but don't let your prayer time affect when you need to be job hunting. Find a way to update and upgrade your skills.
Good luck buddy! It may not be easy, but it is possible.
Re: Just Lost My Job by clockwisereport: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Change ur moniker
Re: Just Lost My Job by nairaland2: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

I'm sorry about you loosing your job, but on the brighter side,

We don't make life changing decisions without challenges.

You're a man, Men face challenges and overcome shoulder square!

Man up, don't start whining like a lady.

I'd advice you dust and look for the next opportunity.

I'd recommend you joining this community of men on telegram trading and making consistent profit percentage daily.

Search for the Channel call "IAJ ONLINE ", you'd see a link to their main channel, join and use the link in the channel to join their Day Trading System.

You'd be thankful you did this.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Nwaotu10:
Run away from the last babe you bleeped, and whores in general. Pray to God for forgiveness.
sex has ruined many grin

Bro I'm a virgin
Re: Just Lost My Job by Reality3080: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

y don’t u use bolt or Uber to hold body pending d time u get a business where no one can sack u

Note I didn’t mention job ooo
Re: Just Lost My Job by Hillarie(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
So sorry about your job loss, OP. I can totally relate to how you might be feeling now cause I also lost my job in the beginning of February. But the joy of living and hoping makes the pain less severe as the days go by.

Don't dismay, we'll find our feet again.
Re: Just Lost My Job by 2sexycom(m): 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Sorry man... just up your skills...
Re: Just Lost My Job by obembet(f): 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Chai! For this hard time... God will open another door for your dear... I feel for you...

If you manage to save, just Japa.
Re: Just Lost My Job by DevilSignature: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

you should have known that this gonna happen and have a back up plan.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bobbiee post=121759738:
Hope you have alternative source of income and
large savings.

I used to but I blew it on bad investments

As a guy, you mustn't rely on just one source of income. Regardless of how much that income is.
Re: Just Lost My Job by OZ511: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Come HK cool cool
Re: Just Lost My Job by motionarena: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

You named yourself failure2019.

Bad things will continue to follow you
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
[quote author=obembet post=121759863]

Chai! For this hard time... God will open another door for your dear... I feel for you...

If you manage to save, just Japa.[/quote]
I'm still in uni

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by Nazareth10: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry about this
Re: Just Lost My Job by Sholmakem(f): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry bro. God will surely replace Your lost with the best . Please change your name from failure biko🙏 you're blessed
Re: Just Lost My Job by obembet(f): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
[quote author=Failure2019 post=121759912][/quote]

Good, u still have time, God will settle you, I don't know if you can also change ursername.

Failure will not be our portion IJN

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by helicoptarr: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

You're welcome to the REFINER'S fire.

It's meant to prepare you for a greater assignment.

Start by praising God for Who He Is and what He's done for you. You'll get His attention - guaranteed!

Then try to search out a problem that you can solve - trust me, they're always there regardless of our situation... then solve it.

Do not despise the days of little beginning.

You'll be fine, bro. Trust me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Lost My Job by Integrafamoo: 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

God will take control. I pray it turned a blessing for you. Think of entrepreneurship

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Massive Nationwide Recruitment At Origin Group (Over 70 Slots) / 2021 Nigerian Customs Recruitment / Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.