Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Just Lost My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just Lost My Job (28175 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / I Just Lost My Job / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Lost My Job by qtguru(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:
I just got fired from my job yesterday and I have no idea why, just out of the blue.

Any advice to help with this. I cried on my drive home because I really enjoyed working there and the pay was good. I guess that's what I get for trying to ever make something of myself.

I try to make an honest living as a young man trying to enter the workforce and this is what happens.
Is it time to become an unemployed once again?

I feel bleeped. Life is bleeped. I just wanted a nice house, a wife and a little savings I'm the bank. Guess that's not happening

Sir, what was the job and your role, also what are your skills ?

Trust me it's not the end of the world, it might be the beginning of doing something on your own. Waiting for your reply.

3 Likes

Re: Just Lost My Job by ossaiii: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:
I just got fired from my job yesterday and I have no idea why, just out of the blue.

Any advice to help with this. I cried on my drive home because I really enjoyed working there and the pay was good. I guess that's what I get for trying to ever make something of myself.

I try to make an honest living as a young man trying to enter the workforce and this is what happens.

I feel bleeped. Life is bleeped. I just wanted a nice house, a wife and a little savings I'm the bank. Guess that's not happening

Sorry about this for i can relate. Mine happened 2018 and since then I haven't been able to secure one. It has really been terrible especially when you have a wife and two kids to be responsible to. I pray and hope God pick up my call again and land me another job again.
Re: Just Lost My Job by nathyx(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Pick your sorry self up Dust up Life happens move on! Better Places of work out there you never know.
Re: Just Lost My Job by olaodun: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
They have given you freedom and opportunity to explore , Dont feel sorry at all , reduce your spending and quickly look for opportunity around if you have a smart phone and a laptop with small savings e commerce online business is there for you you have a car what of private logistics not to carry passenger pls look for people around you house having a big shop approach them to be carrying goods for them anytime they go to buy goods and many others opportunities , think of what you can do by your self with your skills and other , get advice from people also
Arise & Shine
Re: Just Lost My Job by qtguru(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
gbemishile:
On a side note.
U can not succeed i a country u despise with passion.
I

Wrong,

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by qtguru(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
olaodun:
They have given you freedom and opportunity to explore , Dont feel sorry at all , reduce your spending and quickly look for opportunity around if you have a smart phone and a laptop with small savings e commerce online business is there for you you have a car what of private logistics not to carry passenger pls look for people around you house having a big shop approach them to be carrying goods for them anytime they go to buy goods and many others opportunities , think of what you can do by your self with your skills and other , get advice from people also
Arise & Shine

Exactly think multiple income, it's even better than working for someone. Bolt and side jobs.

1 Like

Re: Just Lost My Job by jericco1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
I'm so sorry about everything, I pray you find comfort.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Adunn1ade(f): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
This breaks my heart. I pray you find another soon.
Re: Just Lost My Job by livenija: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Did u vote tinubu? Many people hate seeing someone praise him
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Gods your strength never relent no matter the difficulties keep pushing and I believe God would help you regain your status
Re: Just Lost My Job by olabright31: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Please take it easy on yourself. Pick yourself up and look towards a great future ahead. Life does not start and end at that particular workplace. This unfortunate incident may make u to be available and open to greater opportunities. It may force you to discover that untapped talent and glory of yours. Please be confident, hopeful and put in the best efforts in whatever u find yourself doing next, and those beautiful dreams of yours will turn reality. God bless
Re: Just Lost My Job by shugamummy: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
You got the job and lost the job. So your Life is more important. I have been in your shoes multiple times and survived. Try and remove your mind from what you don't have at the moment. Focus of what you could have tomorrow. Always see failure in anything as part of the process to a greater goal.

Failure2019:

Re: Just Lost My Job by Faposky95: 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Cried... Like you lost a loved one.or your house burned down....
It's just a job.... you're the real value.
You just got a free to go find your true self card....and you're acting like you don't care...?!

Your main job is to find you by escaping this Matrix
Never settle......in time you'll see

Anytime I was told to go....I celebrated
Re: Just Lost My Job by Stevenbright(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Maybe you need to change your username!
Re: Just Lost My Job by Everbryte: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry about the loss.

Send your boss an sms or whastapp mgs thanking him for your time there and let him know you miss the priv and will really want to know where you miss it.

This is good for course correction and to help you manage things in future.
God favour you with something better, In the time being, learn new skill and improve your value. Job market place is ready to pay for skills & value creation & not individuals or certs.

All the best bro

Failure2019:

Re: Just Lost My Job by Laple0541(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Just relax, re-strategise and move on. Something better awaits you in the near future, only if you can be bold and face the future head-on.

Lastly, always have a Plan B in life.
Re: Just Lost My Job by luluosas(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry please. Promotion coming your way in Jesus name. Amen.
Cheer up please
Re: Just Lost My Job by luluosas(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ah! Too weird oooooooo. He better change it now
SmileDance:
That your moniker sef won't let genuine people want to help, losing a job does not make anybody a failure. Which kine mentality be that
Re: Just Lost My Job by Princessdainty(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Instead of this plenty story and ndi motigbensional talks.

We rise by lifting others.
Let a Nairalander help this brother with a job.

Not only when y'all want to talk sh!t on a woman's vagina you come together to form deathpill.

Let's see your muscles and masculinity in action.
Collect this brother's CV and help him get a life.

Ndiala.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Tufunky: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

What is this? You lost your job doesn't mean you have lost your life. Don't leave your house till next week Monday. During that period, vigorously check out job sites where you can submit CV's online and offline. Then from Monday, start submitting your CV. expect a 10 to 1 ratio. Meaning, for every 10 CV's you submit, you will be invited for 1. Therefore, submit as many as you can and Target jobs likely to pay equal or higher than the one you lost. Finally, if your previous company has a Human Resources manager, please try to contact him/her privately to find out if the company was simply laying off staff for economic reasons or there was something specific you did. This is because some companies will insist on a recommendation letter from your last employer. So have that sorted out.
Re: Just Lost My Job by nedzuby: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

Sorry about it.

My dear, it’s painful for one to lost his/job and the fee of not knowing how to survive. But the reality of life is, life will still go on, there will be bills to pay and other responsibilities will never stop come.

My honest advice is since you are not married or have children, stand up from your pity party, there are little things to do to make money.
Either you go look for another job or go learn a skill or if you have one start using it.

Life will never stop watch or stay down with you, it will continue

Pele ones again
Re: Just Lost My Job by Beverages: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Failure2019:

I see and feel pain in your post, keep your heads up bruh, you'll be fine eventually. Better days ahead
Re: Just Lost My Job by blueghost(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
First of all change your moniker first before I can advise you further
Re: Just Lost My Job by Nyelu: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
So sorry about your loss. God will make a way where there seems to be no way. He will provide a better job for you. Please, change your moniker. There is nothing good about failure. Let's not attract ill luck to ourselves unintentionally. That moniker is a bad omen.
Re: Just Lost My Job by Moneyline(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
Come and invest in AAS
Re: Just Lost My Job by imagrg(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
May be God's way of making get a better opportunity in life..methinks. cool
Re: Just Lost My Job by FuckYourFather(f): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
jimb:

like you know wassup.. he should add small juju to it..
exactly, all these ajebos no sabi anything
Re: Just Lost My Job by FuckYourFather(f): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
Israeldan1:

If you like be the best in the company if them one sack you e go shock you
I too have faced many things when I used to work, i was the best but i didn't know how to fucckk so they sacked me

lol who is talking about being the best when it comes to work??
that would even makes them jealous and wants to sacked you, am talking of underground low level you say another thing
Re: Just Lost My Job by skj1377(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
That is why when your looking for a job or major contract flee from fornication. Many girls have evil daities in their honeypot. cry
Nwaotu10:
Run away from the last babe you bleeped, and whores in general. Pray to God for forgiveness.
sex has ruined many grin
Re: Just Lost My Job by belladonna18: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
SmileDance:
That your moniker sef won't let genuine people want to help, losing a job does not make anybody a failure. Which kine mentality be that
you're very right...what kind of moniker is that? Why won't failure be his portion cos me I don't understand o
Re: Just Lost My Job by willibounce1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Let me give you one trick to get a good job or probably free donations in less than 1 week.

If you are on twitter, just make sure you follow enough obingos and Chinedu vivor olode. Then make a post under their ellu p thread about your job loss. Make sure you lie that you lost the job because you supported Ellu P a d your boss is an APC member. Walahi if you nor get job or better financial donations, come back here and yab me.

You need to take advantage of the emotional obingos to cash out . That's what a lot of people are doing on social media and cashing out.
Re: Just Lost My Job by nappy760(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry about what happened to you bro. I can't imagine how demoralizing this most be. Don't give up but keep striving to get another. Let your ultimate goal be to be able to generate income by yourself.
As you work start something on the side that will eventually allow you to stand on your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? / Massive Nationwide Recruitment At Origin Group (Over 70 Slots) / My Experience With UBA Bank Aptitude Test Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.