Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience (11806 Views)

Why Do Men Take This Herbs - Photos / History Of Civilization In One Picture *dear Men Take Note!!! / Men Take Your Kids For DNA Test If You Can Afford It(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by bukatyne(f): 3:46am On Mar 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you insinuating that men also don't? undecided

Looks are very important particularly in these climes where the standard is much higher than the one you are coming from. undecided

@bold:

I laugh when I read Nigerians especially women who think Nigerian men are 'demanding' when it comes to looks & Western men are better.

Like you rightly said, the average Nigerian needs to 'Behind' up in addition to other things if they want to succeed in the foreign dating market.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by bukatyne(f): 3:48am On Mar 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How so? undecided

This is the Kobo I know grin

The post sounded very practical, relatable & applicable on a topic many 'progressive' people would have twisted in knots to give answers to sound woke.
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Mar 17, 2023
bukatyne:
■@bold: I laugh when I read Nigerians especially women who think Nigerian men are 'demanding' when it comes to looks & Western men are better. Like you rightly said, the average Nigerian needs to 'Behind' up in addition to other things if they want to succeed in the foreign dating market.
1. I agree with them that Nigerian men are indeed demanding when it comes to the looks of their women because we are talking, after all, of a shore where the standard of beauty is not maintained at the same level for men as it is for women. You will find a man with a protruding stomach, a big nose, and goblet eyes demanding his lady must always look like she came out of a magazine or whatnot because he fancies himself a trophy for women who society belittles and calls evening newspapers and denigrated for not getting married by a certain age. That is just not right at all on any level. undecided

Over in the abroad place sha, both men and women have standards set high for them to meet and so you will find, on an average evening, both men and women exercising in the parks, or pumping iron in their open window gyms. The salad menu at the restaurant isn't meant for just the women as the men are also expected to watch their figure and make sure their stomachs are flat if they are to have a chance with the good-looking women or even keep the ones they are fortunate to have. It is a completely different world from that obtained in Nigeria abeg! And don't even get me started on the many trips to the dermatologist that many women and men alike make each year. undecided

Nigerian standards never even begin to come up at all and that is partly because of the lop-sided standards that continue to persist in society as far as men and women are concerned. Even though it has finally been revealed that nature bestows on females the same brain it does the males from birth — there are no gendered brains —society down there is likely not even begin to let go of the inane bias anytime soon. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 17, 2023
Lol
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Came4amod: 5:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Manydays01:
Nigerian women can afford to be ugly and average looking for the sole reason that men across all races are thirsty,and so far a woman has Vagina, she'll always get attention and favor. But it's a different reality for you men, especially when you decided to relocate to a western country.

Nigerian men Will always believe it's their lack of money that has consistently keep sex away from them, but the big issue is look. Yes, look. It's until they Japa to western countries where women don't really need urgent 2k to fuvk you (not that these women don't want money either, but they're doing pretty fine and better than the average man financially, so e get the kind money wey you go have that will convince them) that these guys eventually get to realize that they suck in term of look. See, your look is very important in this abroad. I've constantly chyked women without success and I've missed out on a lot of them who has papers, but get disappointed in my look upon meeting (I do chyked on dating website). If my look is better, I might probably get to date one of them and find means to solidify my stay.

A close friend also introduced me to a beautiful Rwanda babe looking for husband. She's already a Canadian PR. This girl couldn't even gave me a chance because of my look. I'm below 6ft and a little bit fat. Plus my face card is below average.

Nigerian men are highly deluded, thinking women of all races want them for being black. Frustration await a lot of them

But it's not 100% true that Nigerian women look better than the men. It is just that women, no matter how they look, anywhere, will always get sexual attention, because men across all races are thirsty and men generally don't fuvk with beauty the way women obsess about handsomeness of men

Guy how you is not as important as how you communicate .. and when they is chemistry .. fat short people get married and have beautiful wives too .. we all different strengths and weaknesses
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Johndoh: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2023
Bonjovi13:

Self confidence, charm, swags and great fashion sense is the secret of snagging women. Looks helps but it isn't a major factor,cos 98% of women would date a facially ugly man with the above qualities over a very handsome guy, who lacks them.

You are not getting women because you already have a self deprecating complex about your looks, this would affect your confidence and consequently affect how you approach and relate with women.

Women can easily sense a man that lacks self confidence and self esteem and would not hesitate to reject their poor advances.

Learn how to have positive self image, invest in good fashion that complements you, work on your pick up techniques, learn how to tease , flatter and appreciate women. There is a psychology every man needs to know to successfully be a woman magnet. Learn it and you will get women falling for you all over the world
lol! Your head go correct by the time you reach there.
Lots of my friends are complaining about not being able to get a date in Europe. Some in Cyprus while some are in the UK.
See the op is 100% correct. Girls abroad don’t just hop into any needless relationships or semi-hookups like girls do here in Naija.
Most of the girls there are doing so fine in life (even tho they mostly still live with their parents at 30 going to fourty as long as they’re still single except those earning above £50k sha).
So, that said, they have standards in what they go for in terms of looks and physique. Unlike here in nigeria, where we are still respectful and considerate, they over there will not give two f*cks about your feelings, they’d let you know asap that you’re not looking human as they are. They could cringe in your face while trying to woo them.
They’ve got too many options that’s why. Lots of poor handsome half cast around, lots of rich white good looking dudes, and also a handful of superbly attractive Arab and brown people could be seen as well.
The race that suffers this whole thing are the blacks and sometimes the Asians such as the Chinese and japs (especially with white or half cast girls knowing so well they mostly bare a small gbola).
Before arguing any further, why don’t you ask how far from your guy in UK or EU how they’re coping when it comes to wooing any (non-african) girl over there.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2023
juman:

Invest in Africa?
Easier to say.
But much easier to lose the investment through stealing from those in charge unless one relocate to africa to handle the investment.

No matter how we all clive for abroad l/western countries migration home is home...
I can't make all money i made while abroad without investing in my own country home. Yes we might be experiencing all ill manner of deprivation but still come on things we turn out for good.

My home is my identity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by luminouz(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2023
Johndoh:

lol! Your head go correct by the time you reach there.
Lots of my friends are complaining about not being able to get a date in Europe. Some in Cyprus while some are in the UK.
See the op is 100% correct. Girls abroad don’t just hop into any needless relationships or semi-hookups like girls do here in Naija.
Most of the girls there are doing so fine in life (even tho they mostly still live with their parents at 30 going to fourty as long as they’re still single except those earning above £50k sha).
So, that said, they have standards in what they go for in terms of looks and physique. Unlike here in nigeria, where we are still respectful and considerate, they over there will not give two f*cks about your feelings, they’d let you know asap that you’re not looking human as they are. They could cringe in your face while trying to woo them.
They’ve got too many options that’s why. Lots of poor handsome half cast around, lots of rich white good looking dudes, and also a handful of superbly attractive Arab and brown people could be seen as well.
The race that suffers this whole thing are the blacks and sometimes the Asians such as the Chinese and japs (especially with white or half cast girls knowing so well they mostly bare a small gbola).
Before arguing any further, why don’t you ask how far from your guy in UK or EU how they’re coping when it comes to wooing any (non-african) girl over there.
Hope this helps.

Don't agree with you. You seem to think na so these oyinbo girls fine? Lmaooooo... They are not fine...so only a dude who knows his value will run after them. Na simps wey konji wan kill dey talk your story.

Sure culture is different, but a true G should see a girl who likes his vibes in the first six months abroad. But then, no be pussy everyone go abroad to find
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by juman(m): 7:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Tonymegabush1:

No matter how we all clive for abroad l/western countries migration home is home...
I can't make all money i made while abroad without investing in my own country home. Yes we might be experiencing all ill manner of deprivation but still come on things we turn out for good.

My home is my identity

Of course home is home.
But it make no sense to throw away hard earned money.

Even one's parents might not be reliable to handle the investment talkless of the siblings or family members or friends or employees from outside.

Maybe lot of checks and balances may help.
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Dshocker(m): 7:43am On Mar 17, 2023
Mercury12:

My point is there is nothing one can do about ones looks.
As long as a man eats good food and stay fit and healthy then no problem.
It is foolishness to go under the knife just to change facial structure or features for any reason. Why should anyone go that length if they not suffering from low self esteem undecided

If you are ugly, you will understand better...
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2023
shantti:
Nonsense
If u can't accept me like this, just know you've lost a treasure
Not even for some billions. Check out otedola, dangote and Tony elumelu. They are billionaires yet so fit
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2023
juman:

Of course home is home.
But it make no sense to throw away hard earned money.

Even one's parents might not be reliable to handle the investment talkless of the siblings or family members or friends or employees from outside.

Maybe lot of checks and balances may help.

Family differs, i have handle 100+million project for a brother who isn't in the country as of then and i expect my siblings not to disappoint too. Besides businesses shouldn't be always handover to someone that can't manage resources.

My point is always think home no matter how comfortable you are while abroad.
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by MrDoGood(m): 9:48am On Mar 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Na for Nigeria all that una lists dey work grin

It's like you didn't visit his other thread.

Just try and see for yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Johndoh: 10:07am On Mar 17, 2023
luminouz:

Don't agree with you. You seem to think na so these oyinbo girls fine? Lmaooooo... They are not fine...so only a dude who knows his value will run after them. Na simps wey konji wan kill dey talk your story.

Sure culture is different, but a true G should see a girl who likes his vibes in the first six months abroad. But then, no be pussy everyone go abroad to find
You got it all wrong, I never mentioned white or caucasians in my write up.
The blacks (non-African) are more picky when it comes to dating, especially the mixed ones (half caste). They are of course the most pretty and handsome amongst all species by ratios (their total numbers in existence against total numbers of their pretty ones or vice versa, which ever way).
They don’t want to date Africans coz we don’t look good enough due to how our bad economy has taken tolls on our skins and looks (poor nutrition due to poverty, excessive heat due to lack of electricity, stress of survival, and bad skin care products due to oversaturation of markets with counterfeits or fake/pirated products).
So we really don’t look fresh and cool when compared to them.
I didn’t say ‘all of us’, coz the rich gets good life in this same Naija or anywhere in Africa and looks as fresh as these so called half-caste or black Europeans but most of us here in nigeria and Africa at large don’t because we don’t earn as much to take good care of our looks.

And as for the guy who said he can opt to change any feature of his face just to look good, I support him coz imo that’s not a sin.
If a feature in your body is affecting your self esteem, it’s not a crime to change it. It’ll be a waste of time to look like a squirrel and trying to bring on the confidence of a tiger! That’s idiotic.
Instead, get a good hair cut, a good body shape, groom your face, and if it demands to go under knife, do it, and look as good as possible. The rewards far supersede the cons.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by YorubaSamurai: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Tonymegabush1:
Go abroad. Make your money in peace and invest in Africa........

simple and shot... Africans abroad are always chasing unnecessary things .. Asians focus solely on the cheddar abroad... Reason why they are so successful

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by zexy2030(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2023
luminouz:

Lol...nawa oh....so because you were rejected by many women, now all Nigerian guys are ugly as well?

Besides if that Rwandan rejected you because you're below 6 feet and your looks are subpar(to her), doesn't that mean she is very shallow? I mean, what can you do about your own height na? Will you break your diick and add it to your spinal cord to become taller? Or you will do plastic surgery to fix your broad nose and forehead?

A woman who really wants to settle down or serious about her life would at least want to connect with you emotionally. Because you can be very handsome and still be a mudafucking jerk...so won't she still divorce you later in the marriage? Besides, her attitude and mindset are suspect. This goddess you want to die for, what's her penile mileage, how many men had she dated before trying to settle down, is she a virgin? Or is her beauty and Canadian PR what you most desire? You see how I have dissected the fact that you don't even place value on yourself but instead of owning your own shiit and work to make yourself the king, who can reject women like her and go for VALUE, you chose to wallow in insecurities and then cuss all Nigerian men. undecided undecided...

Know one thing: You may be ugly to many girls but trust me, many girls too like your looks as they are but most importantly your personality. Quit being so craven. The fact that you even came to NL to rave about it shows your insecurities about being rejected. undecided

he is just a kid learning to be alpha.
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Abyounghammed(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2023
luminouz:

Lol...nawa oh....so because you were rejected by many women, now all Nigerian guys are ugly as well?

Besides if that Rwandan rejected you because you're below 6 feet and your looks are subpar(to her), doesn't that mean she is very shallow? I mean, what can you do about your own height na? Will you break your diick and add it to your spinal cord to become taller? Or you will do plastic surgery to fix your broad nose and forehead?

A woman who really wants to settle down or serious about her life would at least want to connect with you emotionally. Because you can be very handsome and still be a mudafucking jerk...so won't she still divorce you later in the marriage? Besides, her attitude and mindset are suspect. This goddess you want to die for, what's her penile mileage, how many men had she dated before trying to settle down, is she a virgin? Or is her beauty and Canadian PR what you most desire? You see how I have dissected the fact that you don't even place value on yourself but instead of owning your own shiit and work to make yourself the king, who can reject women like her and go for VALUE, you chose to wallow in insecurities and then cuss all Nigerian men. undecided undecided...

Know one thing: You may be ugly to many girls but trust me, many girls too like your looks as they are but most importantly your personality. Quit being so craven. The fact that you even came to NL to rave about it shows your insecurities about being rejected. undecided

Broz, 98 percentbof women are moved by what they see and discuss in there mist
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2023
Only working-class and unemployed people waste their time in the gym. anyway, the gym has to make money so they will create a trend targeting working-class and unemployed people

There is a video of an ugly white man and a beautiful model enjoying their time on a yacht in Dubai

I am 100% sure the man took care of his benjamins, everything is all about the benjamins.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
luminouz:

Leave that dude/dudess to be saying whatever. One girl just died on FP doing BBL to impress other people. If everyone needs plastic surgery to boost their egos and look 'ideal' and not 'real', make we kuku dey do am from inside the mama womb na...
I like how you male on this forum go defensive and pensive when you get called out. Oh I enjoy your selective morality and body positivity you display too albeit very hypocritical of you lots. So now here you are joining in the "You are beautiful the way you are" chorus because the body shaming is directed at your gender when few days ago you lots dropped your derogatory and ill thought out opinions on a thread about "fat women" that was created on this section. Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens! I'm touched BTW, beautiful voice you've got singing that songgrin

Leave the lady that died out of your foolery! Men like you are responsible for her decision. Face the fact that people don't find your marsh potatoes faces and your amoebic structures pleasing in other part of the world. This isn't about NIGERIAN WOMEN but NIGERIAN MEN!

SO REST!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
Persephone1:
I like how you male on this forum go defensive and pensive when you get called out. Oh I enjoy your selective morality and body positivity you display too albeit very hypocritical of you lots. So now here you are joining in the "You are beautiful the way you are" chorus because the body shaming is directed at your gender when few days ago you lots dropped your derogatory and ill thought out opinions on a thread about "fat women" that was created on this section. Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens! I'm touched BTW, beautiful voice you've got singing that songgrin

Leave the lady that died out of your foolery! Men like you are responsible for her decision. Face the fact that people don't find your marsh potatoes faces and your amoebic structures pleasing in other part of the world. This isn't about NIGERIAN WOMEN but NIGERIAN MEN!

SO REST!

Nigerian women don't look any better. In fact, their look suck too. But they have one advantage;men are thirsty and don't care about look like women actually does

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Brownshoe: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2023
E dey pain the op say him ugly, it's not the end of world, take heart
Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
Manydays01:

Nigerian women don't look any better. In fact, their look suck too. But they have one advantage;men are thirsty and don't care about look like women actually does
You mistake me for one who is interested in your frivolitygrin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2023
luminouz:

He wanted to use her for papers and you have the audacity to come here and call her shallow? She likely sensed he was disingenuous and ignored him.

Even if he rejected her for her looks, doesn't a woman need to find a man attractive to want to sleep wit him??

Women are visual too. Not only men.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
Lol nice to see a Nigerian man being brutally honest with himself.
The fact is, there isn't a fitness culture in Nigeria, like the West.

Look at how Nigerian celebrities like Olamide, Don jazzy, Davido let themselves go.

Imagine celebrities like Chris Brown, Usher, Future letting themselves go. They'll lose their female fans. But Nigerian men think they can just show up anyhow and expect women to take them as they are, because the bar in Nigeria is low.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
Mercury12:
Rest abeg. Your look is your look as long as you fit and healthy you good to go.

Came4amod:

Guy how you is not as important as how you communicate .. and when they is chemistry .. fat short people get married and have beautiful wives too .. we all different strengths and weaknesses

So you expect women to just take you as you are?

Do you men take women as they are or do you approach the one you feel is the most beautiful?

Look at how nigerian men insulted Eniola Badmus, not until she lost weight. She had 2 strikes against her, being fat and being dark-skinedd( 2 things Nigerian men don't like)

Una be hypocrites sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
Okonandmary:
Only working-class and unemployed people waste their time in the gym. anyway, the gym has to make money so they will create a trend targeting working-class and unemployed people

There is a video of an ugly white man and a beautiful model enjoying their time on a yacht in Dubai

I am 100% sure the man took care of his benjamins, everything is all about the benjamins.

Is this how you console yourself?😂

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
Persephone1:

SO REST!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by Mercury12(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
1Sharon:

So you expect women to just take you as you are?

Do you men take women as they are or do you approach the one you feel is the most beautiful?

Look at how nigerian men insulted Eniola Badmus, not until she lost weight. Una be hypocrites.

Abeg do your plastic surgery in peace

Re: Nigerian Men, Take Care Of Your LOOK Before You Japa;my Experience by 1Sharon(f): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
Mercury12:

Abeg do your plastic surgery in peace

Lol. Did I say anything about plastic surgery, who are you trying to gaslight?

Either have money or work on your looks. We women are visual too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Give Your Girl Head Like A Professional / Wife Catches Husband Red-handed Sleeping With Their Housegirl / What Is The Outcome (needs Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.