Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays (2196 Views)

Many Ladies Are Lonely In Europe / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays / Reasons Many Ladies End Up Marrying The Wrong Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Gone are days where our young women married early. The economy was descent and the standard women had for men were very reasonable in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Not that people did not cheat or divorced but in the days of my mothers: getting married in your 20s was very normal.
All my mother's friends were married in their 20s, it was strange back in the days to marry in your late 30s or marry late.
Flash forward today , the economy in Nigeria is holding people from marrying and setting down. But many women in West are not getting married despite having good paying jobs, houses and cars.
Some women are very successful and yet they are single hoping to find the man of their dreams. Some have given up, become babymamas and opt to adopt a child or having a pet. Some even go to marry men from Nigeria after being overseas for decades. 2 weeks ago, A lady based in France on Instagram was pleading for a husband.
Are men suddenly scared to date successful women? I do not think so or do not think men are not available.
The standards that some successful women have nowadays are so high that it is impossible for majority of men to meet.
There is no perfect man and there is no perfect woman. Should a woman date a bum or a lazy man? The answer is a definite no but the standard are so high that it is scary...
Many successful women want to date a man who is way richer than them. But the reality is such men are very few and are not looking for such women. The average men who do not earn what these successful women or even those men who earn the same amounts are considered broke.
I remember a lady making jest of a hard working man when he approached her for a date. She called him broke because she earned way more than him. The dude just wanted to take her out for a dinner but she ridiculed the dude so bad. Love is not expensive, tomorrow is not promise. It is good to aim high but have reasonable standards.

14 Likes

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 19, 2023
Ok oo let them carry their womanhood to the grave who send them. For me sha I fit marry any girl at any time let me come into cash first

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Abi1985:
■ Are men suddenly scared to date successful women? I do not think so or do not think men are not available.
The standards that some successful women have nowadays are so high that it is impossible to meet for majority of men to meet. There is no perfect man and there is no perfect woman. Should a woman date a bum or a lazy man? The answer is a definite no but the standard are so high that it is scary.
Many successful women want to date a man who is way richer than them . But the reality is such men are very few and are not looking for such women. The average men who do not earn what these successful women or even earn the same amounts are considered broke.
■ I remember a lady making jest of a hard working man when he approached her for a date. She called him broke because she earned way more than him. The dude just wanted to take her out for a dinner but she ridiculed the dude so bad.
1. How did you come about the conclusion that the standard of all those women are so high? undecided

2. According to Nairaland analysts, women have almost always gravitated towards hypergamy from time immemorial. And there is evidence aplenty to indicate it might be a best-fit for them too. So why do you suddenly deem unreasonable the choices these women make? undecided

3. Was she wrong about the man being broke compared to her person? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Kobicove(m): 5:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Marriage is not the sole determinant of success!

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by bluefilm: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Abeggi, comot for road joor.

Who marriage epp?

1 Like

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by TheFreshVanilla: 6:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Waiting for rich husband

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How did you come about the conclusion that the standard of all those women are so high? undecided numbers do not lied in western countries. For every successful black lady- 7 out of 10 are not married and single

2. According to Nairaland analysts, women have almost always gravitated towards hypergamy from time immemorial. And there is evidence aplenty to indicate it might be a best-fit for them too. So why do you suddenly deem unreasonable the choices these women make? undecided yes because the men they want do date are very few. High standards decrease their odds greatly to settle down if they desires to marry

3. Was she wrong about the man being broke compared to her person? undecided
No she was not wrong. Her preference her choice
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Started well but ended badly.

Marry your marriage and leave others alone!
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Persephone1:
Started well but ended badly.

Marry your marriage and leave others alone!

What is your own viewpoint, I am always open to criticism. Not everyone will share the same views and that is very okay
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Abi1985:

What is your own viewpoint, I am always open to criticism. Not everyone will share the same views and that is very okay
Not interested!
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Persephone1:
Not interested!
ok . My sister was like this, she had to calm down with her unreasonable standards . She is married now. By the way this is a public forum where I can express my thoughts without discretion. So I can write whatever I can write. If you don't like what I wrote. You can always scroll pass and ignore

1 Like

Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Blupen969(m): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thank God say my wife to be deh ground already and my money deh road too
so by next 3-4years everywhere go stew for me, i no deh even stress myself again with other people opinions because it simply doesn't matter to me....
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Exmilitant(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Why is marriage important to you at this hour?
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Exmilitant:
Why is marriage important to you at this hour?
No reason
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by CherylNerd: 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Some are getting wiser I think
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by samtol4(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Many are waiting for rich and tall men! That how one aunt waited till she clocked 56 no husband.
Re: Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays by Holybaddo: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
They won't even date you if you don't spend like her friend's boyfriend
They won't respond to your greeting if the sense you ain't rich

You will never find a good wife in Nigeria if you are rich unless you have her before you got rich

(1) (Reply)

Who would be your Ideal date n Nairaland & why? / Some Married People Cheating Without Protection. / Where Is Pweety For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.