Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Play Station 3 Palava - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Play Station 3 Palava (511 Views)

Help a friend to solve his family palava / Upcoming Wedding Palava / Weekend Palava Wt Amah :nwanyiawkaetiti's lesson/modestbrowser's Plight(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
I've been using play station 3 fat for some time now and just recently I discover that each time I try to put it on, it shows green light for some seconds and then beeps and then return back to blinking red light. Any solution guys or is there anywhere in Abuja I can take it to for repair?
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
I've been using play station 3 for some time now and just recently I discover that each time I try to put it on, it shows green light for some seconds and then beeps and then return back to blinking red light. Any solution guys or is there anywhere in Abuja I can take it to for repair?
Fat or slim?
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by advanceDNA: 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Fat or slim?

U still dey ask....na fat problem be that naaa.. "yellow light of death"

1 Like

Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
Fat o
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Fat or slim?
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
Do you know of any solution?
advanceDNA:

U still dey ask....na fat problem be that naaa.. "yellow light of death"
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
Fat o
I knew it angry
Hard luck
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by advanceDNA: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
Do you know of any solution?

...game technicians usually apply heat on the board...a risky technique that can even damage the game completely....The solution is 50/50...it may work and it may not work....

unless u get a technician willing to do it for cheap price like 5 to 7k, which i doubt, its not worth losing big cash for cos even if it works..it may or may not last long... yellow light of death is the end of FAT ps3....... some can charge u 15 to 20k...thats nearly half of the money u need to buy another one...

1 Like

Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
To even get a reliable technician in Abuja is a big problem now, if not I'm ready to take the risk
advanceDNA:

...game technicians usually apply heat on the board...a risky technique that can even damage the game completely....The solution is 50/50...it may work and it may not work....

unless u get a technician willing to do it for cheap price like 5 to 7k, which i doubt, its not worth losing big cash for cos even if it works..it may or may not last long... yellow light of death is the end of FAT ps3....... some can charge u 15 to 20k...thats nearly half of the money u need to buy another one...
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by Dizzyyish: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Your console has an infamous issue common with fat models. Though people thought the problem originated from the motherboard and could be fixed with heat, it's actually from the Nec/tokin capacitors Sony used in making the fat models.

It's one of those issues that will come back eventually after you fix it.
My personal advice is, that 10k wey you go use fix am just add 15/20k and get a neatly used PS3 slim (wouldn't recommend super slim cuz it's not really ideal for running hacked games compared to the Slim) or if cash dey just get new slim.
Also, if you're going for the Slim maybe get later generation (not first generation) because it has a smaller processor that generates less heat > less overheating.

2 Likes

Re: Play Station 3 Palava by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
To even get a reliable technician in Abuja is a big problem now, if not I'm ready to take the risk
Meet Moses in UTC Garki Area 10 or Area 1.
The guy is very good in repairing game consoles
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
Please do you have his direct contact because getting people in Abuja is difficult without their contact
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Meet Moses in UTC Garki Area 10 or Area 1.
The guy is very good in repairing game consoles
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
Please do you have his direct contact because getting people in Abuja is difficult without their contact
No I Don't have it anymore

It's been a long time. He is very popular those areas
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Okay thanks
VeeVeeMyLuv:

No I Don't have it anymore

It's been a long time. He is very popular those areas

1 Like

Re: Play Station 3 Palava by emmaphy22(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Any idea on how and where to swap it for another one by adding money
Dizzyyish:
Your console has an infamous issue common with fat models. Though people thought the problem originated from the motherboard and could be fixed with heat, it's actually from the Nec/tokin capacitors Sony used in making the fat models.

It's one of those issues that will come back eventually after you fix it.
My personal advice is, that 10k wey you go use fix am just add 15/20k and get a neatly used PS3 slim (wouldn't recommend super slim cuz it's not really ideal for running hacked games compared to the Slim) or if cash dey just get new slim.
Also, if you're going for the Slim maybe get later generation (not first generation) because it has a smaller processor that generates less heat > less overheating.
Re: Play Station 3 Palava by Dizzyyish: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
emmaphy22:
Any idea on how and where to swap it for another one by adding money
Nah but you could check game stores in your area.

(1) (Reply)

A Police Extorted Me When I Didn't Even Commit Any Crime / Singer Anitta Reveals Her Sexual Flexibility / Who Loves The Man More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.