Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics (42255 Views)

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by bjtinz: 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Correct me if wrong, but I think this applies only to those that activate USSD banking. Personally I use strictly the apps
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by fabolouz1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Remember to use a number you can easily remember otherwise you'll be the victim of the theft protection.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Smartgeek(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
This is the reason I stopped converting Airtime to Cash.

Thieves everywhere...
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Mercury12(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.
lol. The lord is your strength. It not easy training children
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by do4luv14(m): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
Words of Advice

when attempting it for the first time, make sure to have your symptoms with you, otherwise, sorry is your name

I decide to lock mine after reading this, Omo naso I start to scatter house dey find someone pack,

be warmed
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by CaptainFM1: 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.

There's nothing like old news if the information is still valid. People need Continuous reminder for such an important security message. If you go to train stations or an airport abroad, you will keep hearing the message..."If you see something, say something". For the past 20years that I've been travelling, that message is still on till today to get people's mind to subconsciously act in that regard. That's how proactive and preventative security measures are taken.

14 Likes

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by herich(m): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralPula:
Do not joke with all of these things..

We presently live amidst the 10th deadliest terrorist group on earth..

Stay Vigilant..
The list you just uploaded has done more harm grin than good to Islam because it just reminded people that Islam is nothing but a deadly terrorist religion grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
ALL THE MOBILE PHONE COMPANIES LIKE MTN,AIRTEL,NINE MOBILE ARE COMPLICIT.THEY ALLOWE THIER SUBSCRIBERS TO BE ROBBED BEFORE THEY DO SOMETHIN TANGIBLE LIKE ADVISE THEM TO SECURE THEIR SIM CARD FROM SOURCE.
IS A DISGRACE AND DASTARDLY ACT OF TELECOM COMPANIES IN NIGERIA ABATING CRIME BY PHONE SNATCHERS DIGING PPL ACC IN BANKS ,TELECOM COMPANIES ARE TERRIBLE. angry

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by pekisdgee(m): 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
See has them they take am serious like say we be novice
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by kaywhy09(m): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
For those who have extra cash to buy credit in their account sad

This one no concern me

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by mokinde(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
FarmTech:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/25/police-urge-nigerians-to-activate-sim-lock-reveal-criminals-tactics

Beware of puk number
Beware of 3 failed attempt
Beware of misplaced phone with the intention to return it and itrequested pin to power it on after low battey

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by iamsolasoul(f): 12:04am On Mar 26, 2023
Sim lock is great but for iPhones it will prevent the feature that still finds your phone when it's off

E-Sim is better because it will always be on no taking over lines sometimes help your mama do am.

USSD is great but I really don't think it's necessary so just stick to app or in branch banking because networks will recycle your sim regardless when it goes dormant let's just hope it's not the same for accounts.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by WhereMyLoud: 1:34am On Mar 26, 2023
GeneralPula:

Stay Vigilant..
You did not see 6 and seven that are prevailing in the north. Anofia
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Sleekfingers: 2:08am On Mar 26, 2023
eroticecstasy:
Pin isn't safe as well, wrong pin will request for PUK, wrong PUK will destroy the line permanently.

My accounts are connected to a sim, that phone does not pass my gate

Why would you press wrong pin 3 times , if it is your sim?
Wrong puk will only block the line. But you can get the same line back at your service provider
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by PainfulTruth: 2:22am On Mar 26, 2023
GeneralPula:

Stay Vigilant..

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Faposky95: 2:31am On Mar 26, 2023
GTB ussd no dey function
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by olamike02: 3:01am On Mar 26, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
GO AND ACTIVATE THE SIM LOCK OF MAHMOOD AND APC-INEC FIRST.
Those are the real criminals. cheesy
Na so you go continue to wail for the next four years 🤔
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by caracas: 3:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Jimbadly:

You saw Ipob but not Boko Haram or number 4 on the list which is also a Nigerian terrorist organization. You saw Ipob cos they're Igbos whom you love to
hate. What a bigoted idi0t you are. 😁😁
Oga,ipob is not a terrorist group
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by pfadom: 3:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Who are the we?

Speak for yourself!!!

Rebuker:
We know this na
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by caye(m): 3:24am On Mar 26, 2023
GeneralPula:

Stay Vigilant..

You list of terror organisations are good.
However, you failed to mention 2 of the greatest terrorists groups:- CIA/FBI AND MI5&6.v
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by spiceadole: 3:57am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:

Damn...
Your children are already becoming criminals
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Caseless: 4:22am On Mar 26, 2023
USSD of which bank is without password?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by mu2sa2: 5:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Runaway:
Good advise..
AdviCe(n), not AdviSe(v).
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Bukola94: 5:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Caseless:
USSD of which bank is without password?
First bank

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Are You Holding Your Phone Right Now? / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.