Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics (42205 Views)

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by mu2sa2: 5:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Jimbadly:

You saw Ipob but not Boko Haram or number 4 on the list which is also a Nigerian terrorist organization. You saw Ipob cos they're Igbos whom you love to hate. What a bigoted idi0t you are. 😁😁
Terrorist groups, whether classified as no. 4 or no.10, have the same mentality, which is heartless killing of innocent people and mindless destruction of property.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Ogaonos: 5:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.
is like have locked mine before but cant remember d pin .whst shuld i do
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:47am On Mar 26, 2023
eroticecstasy:
Pin isn't safe as well, wrong pin will request for PUK, wrong PUK will destroy the line permanently.

My accounts are connected to a sim, that phone does not pass my gate
what happens when they come knocking and you lose that sim anyway?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by zolajpower: 5:58am On Mar 26, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
This advice would have gone further to gives steps in locking SIM
It has been shared on this platform severally . I got my own lecture here for the first time and all my sim re lock except for one 🙈🤪🤪😂
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by dododawa1: 6:02am On Mar 26, 2023
Police is your friend
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Chochovini: 6:09am On Mar 26, 2023
erniok:

If na standard chartered bank, e no for work. even to buy airtime for yourself and check balance requires your password
. Same with Zenith bank.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Chochovini: 6:12am On Mar 26, 2023
dododawa1:
Police is your friend
. I hear. Maybe just like Goats and Cocoayams abi?

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Tee99(m): 6:14am On Mar 26, 2023
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by wany(f): 6:19am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.
Your kids are wild undecided
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by ABG2222: 6:20am On Mar 26, 2023
Even with sim lock, those thieves can still use the sim card to purchase airtime through USSD code

They unlock the phone and make sure the phone doesn't switch off, they need the phone to be on and be in your phone. This ensures your sim card doesn't ask for sim lock password

Your phone is only safe if it was switched off when it was stolen.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by perpeling22(f): 6:33am On Mar 26, 2023
how to lock And Unlock Your sim card
Simple Ways to lock and unlock your sim Cards
This article will basically teach you how you can lock your subscriber identity module (sim) against fraud or deny an unauthorized person getting access to your fund either by using USSD to Transfer your money or to use your phone to get a loan from your bank and put you into debt.
https://kisstech.com.ng/2022/12/17/ how - to- lock -and-unlock-your-
sim- card/
In case you are the type that keeps your phone at home or anywhere you see and you have been a victim of fraud, Note that telecommunications have made provision to subscribers in other locks their subscriber identity module (sim) against fraud etc.
You may also read: Simple Steps to Activate GTB Transfer USSD Code
how to lock Your sim card , KissTech will guide you throughout this process. If you are the type that is very busy and you keep your phone where you like or goes places I guess you will need to lock your sim card because of fraud.
In this post, I will guide you through the easy steps to lock your MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9Mobile sim card , which works on both Apple iPhones and Android devices.
(copied from previous post)
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by ghettochild(m): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:

Lol. Ur son really show u shege
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by FireUpNow(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2023
What are the procedures for the SIM lock Oga police officer?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by zolajpower: 6:54am On Mar 26, 2023
Seankhalifa:
Very soon we go dey fear technology pass human beings.... how dem go comot 1m 4 peson account
My bro I don't start to dey fear since 4-7 November last year oo. I had my ATM in my hand and I was on the mainland with my debit card someone was using my money to book Uber close to 15k within those days mentioned above . When I went to first bank they told me I booked Uber and I have a car and d day I don't use my car I go on brt .
This was a new ATM card oo
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by cardoctor(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2023
No be small wahala
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by kelmicheal: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2023
It will start from criminals in the house before outsider
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 26, 2023
This is the list approach criminal use, because it involves physical access, now they are involve in more advance man in the middle attack.. using all this app, they just impersonate you and the person you think you are communicating with, and they can take advantage of the conversation. Since they have access to what is coming through your channel. It is always advisable to do video calls , encourage some form of Hi5 or movement to be sure you are not played prerecorded video. Always ensure you have meet physically before involving in financial transactions. Even if you lock your phone they can bypass the signal or is it divert the signal going to your phone to theirs using IMSI catcher .
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Winnin009: 7:11am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:

That pikin get potential for IT.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Winnin009: 7:14am On Mar 26, 2023
zolajpower:

My bro I don't start to dey fear since 4-7 November last year oo. I had my ATM in my hand and I was on the mainland with my debit card someone was using my money to book Uber close to 15k within those days mentioned above . When I went to first bank they told me I booked Uber and I have a car and d day I don't use my car I go on brt .
This was a new ATM card oo

So na the technology dey operate itself? No be human being dey operate am abi? Smh.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Winnin009: 7:16am On Mar 26, 2023
ABG2222:
Even with sim lock, those thieves can still use the sim card to purchase airtime through USSD code

They unlock the phone and make sure the phone doesn't switch off, they need the phone to be on and be in your phone. This ensures your sim card doesn't ask for sim lock password

Your phone is only safe if it was switched off when it was stolen.

How can they unlock a passworded phone?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2023
zolajpower:

It has been shared on this platform severally . I got my own lecture here for the first time and all my sim re lock except for one 🙈🤪🤪😂
Please share
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Kylekent59: 7:19am On Mar 26, 2023
thedio:
This happened to me about 3weeks ago when somebody stole my phone and purchased 20k recharge card from my bank account.

How did the thief get your transfer code?

I have been wondering about that.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by anambraamaka: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2023
Very thoughtful of The NPF
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by kelmicheal: 7:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Best solutions are to deactivate Ussd code from your bank account and also lock your sim cards
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Pacyrus(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:

That son of yours is a rogue. Tame him now err it's too late.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
He's criminally minded......that was how Anini started. Beware!
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 26, 2023
Some bank ussd requires pin. My Polaris request for pin.

Police are the biggest criminal gang in the country.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:27am On Mar 26, 2023
Winnin009:

How can they unlock a passworded phone?
Flashing things...it will be formatted
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2023
kelmicheal:
Best solutions are to deactivate Ussd code from your bank account and also lock your sim cards
With this no cash season, not a good move
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:30am On Mar 26, 2023
Kylekent59:

How did the thief get your transfer code?

I have been wondering about that.
you don't need code to buy recharge card
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Passionate1(m): 7:32am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
Dat Ur son na jagaban!
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:33am On Mar 26, 2023
eroticecstasy:
Pin isn't safe as well, wrong pin will request for PUK, wrong PUK will destroy the line permanently.

My accounts are connected to a sim, that phone does not pass my gate
Lie
Wrong PUK doesn't destroy sim.

You can always request for PUK from your network provider after validation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / Phones Are Becoming So Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.