Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics (42206 Views)

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Kylekent59: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2023
phemmyfour:
you don't need code to buy recharge card

What bank?

Let's assume you stole someone's phone, what would you press to buy recharge card?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by phemmyfour: 7:39am On Mar 26, 2023
Kylekent59:

What bank?

Let's assume you stole someone's phone, what would you press to buy recharge card?
fbn *894*amount* number #

Provided that its from your registered number to the account
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Eromzi(m): 7:39am On Mar 26, 2023
the only downside to this is if your phone gets missing and it is switched off the owner can't contact you if he or she wants to return it. but it is better to lock your sim my sister and brothers. on the other hand I think banks should include pin authorisation even when buying credit for your self.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by zolajpower: 7:42am On Mar 26, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Please share
I have been looking for it on my phone cant find . But there's a video for it
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by zolajpower: 7:48am On Mar 26, 2023
Winnin009:

So na the technology dey operate itself? No be human being dey operate am abi? Smh.
Mr over Sabi Mr shake him head, which part of what I wrote did you understand? Because you dey jump like oya . Of course na human being dey behind tech before he work na .
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Kylekent59: 7:49am On Mar 26, 2023
phemmyfour:
fbn *894*amount* number #

Provided that its from your registered number to the account

I did it on my phone and I was asked to enter a four digit password.

So what are you guys saying?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by verimoore(m): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2023
†**************************************
Get Free betting money every week by joining 1xbet using link on my bio. Sure game.

I have my sim lock as already
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by pius4luv(m): 8:05am On Mar 26, 2023
IF YOU DO MOBILE BANKING from your phone, there is need to put a PIN on your SIM, otherwise your account can be wiped clean anytime you lose your phone or your phone is stolen. The process to do is very simple but if ignored can cost your all Your life savings.

For those who don't know about it yet, just follow this simple steps to protect hacking of Your bank account through SIM THEFT.

1. Go to SETTINGS in Your phone.

2. Go to SECURITY & LOCATION under SETTINGS

3. Go to SIM CARD LOCK.

4. Click on LOCK SIM CARD.

5. Enter Your mobile network default SIM CARD PIN.

*For MTN users it is "00000". *For AIRTEL users it is "1111".
*For 9mobile users it is "0000"
* For GLO users, it is "0000"

6. After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, under it You will see " CHANGE SIM PIN", click on it to change to Your unique 4 digit pin,

7. Confirm Your unique 4 digit pin by entering it again & YOU ARE DONE �.

So anytime You "On" Your phone You will be prompted to enter Your SIM CARD PIN just as You will be prompted to enter Your phone lock PIN or Draw Your PATTERN each time You "START" (ON) Your phone.

With the ACTIVATION OF SIM LOCK on Your phone, Your money can never be withdrawn from Your bank account through your SIM because Your SIM will be useless in their hands since it is blocked and You will not be under tension to go and block or retrieve Your stolen SIM.

Please kindly share this information with Your loved ones because the rate of phone theft these days are alarming as they (phone thieves) are not just after the phone but SIM CARDS linked to Your bank account.

Please let's be safe!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by toyoson0(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2023
Chochovini:
. Same with Zenith bank.

If u wanna recharge for self, zenith doesn't ask for pin
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by DrinkWater10: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2023
eroticecstasy:
Pin isn't safe as well, wrong pin will request for PUK, wrong PUK will destroy the line permanently.

My accounts are connected to a sim, that phone does not pass my gate
You must keep your SIM pack so you can access your PUK in case of wrong pin insertion.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by toyoson0(m): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Thanks , just activated my sim lock.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by 2blessed01(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.
Good
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Franzinni: 9:38am On Mar 26, 2023
My sim can never be linked with my bank account .... So all cool...

My problem is with this nin thing ... It has come to my notice that biometrics is rubish and finger print can be scanned so many times by the same person on different accounts

What was the use of NIN to start with if it can be manipulated even more than obidients?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Winnin009: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2023
zolajpower:

Mr over Sabi Mr shake him head, which part of what I wrote did you understand? Because you dey jump like oya . Of course na human being dey behind tech before he work na .

In other words; your initial comment no make sense be that.

Just wanted to clarify. Happy Sunday.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Winnin009: 10:34am On Mar 26, 2023
phemmyfour:
Flashing things...it will be formatted

Omo. That one sef follow o. Thank God for iPhone. iCloud go give them problems.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by AsaBlackheart(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.

Lmao. He dey chop palliative be that na grin
It's better your son does that because he go dey protect you from outside scammers too.
No vex for am too much lol. It's normal
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Jimbadly: 10:47am On Mar 26, 2023
GeneralPula:

Boko isn’t in the south..

You see why I earlier said you're bigoted idiot? The topic says police PRO warns Nigerians. Northern Nigeria is not part of Nigeria, abi?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Jimbadly: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2023
mu2sa2:
Terrorist groups, whether classified as no. 4 or no.10, have the same mentality, which is heartless killing of innocent people and mindless destruction of property.

Oga You're talking off point. Where did you see me arguing about the position of the terrorist organizations on the list? Or do you have severe comprehension deficit?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Jimbadly: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2023
caracas:

Oga,ipob is not a terrorist group

Oga, fvck off my mentions. Where did you see me post that Ipob is a terrorist organization? undecided
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by justmondris: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2023
The question is why will banks allow people to buy airtime via USSD without pin?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Tonytonex(m): 11:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:
Please, how can I lock mine?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by thedio(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2023
Kylekent59:

How did the thief get your transfer code?

I have been wondering about that.
U don't need transfer code just dial *805# on glo
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Seankhalifa: 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
zolajpower:

My bro I don't start to dey fear since 4-7 November last year oo. I had my ATM in my hand and I was on the mainland with my debit card someone was using my money to book Uber close to 15k within those days mentioned above . When I went to first bank they told me I booked Uber and I have a car and d day I don't use my car I go on brt .
This was a new ATM card oo
sorry bro.... bank employee na the new g boys
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by FarmTech(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
mokinde:

Beware of puk number
Beware of 3 failed attempt
Beware of misplaced phone with the intention to return it and itrequested pin to power it on after low battey
Pls can you explain more?
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by poseidon12: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
wiseone28:
If you forget the pin na wahala you enter so

How about if you don't lock your SIM and your phone gets stolen?
Everybody should lock his/her SIM.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by poseidon12: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Savvy19:
How can one possibly lock his sim card?

Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by poseidon12: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Emaprince:
Is this just for those that uses USSD code or does it include every one?

I have never used the ussd code on any of my accounts. I have apps for all em.

SIM lock is for everyone.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by poseidon12: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
ABG2222:
Even with sim lock, those thieves can still use the sim card to purchase airtime through USSD code

They unlock the phone and make sure the phone doesn't switch off, they need the phone to be on and be in your phone. This ensures your sim card doesn't ask for sim lock password

Your phone is only safe if it was switched off when it was stolen.

Not true unless you didn't also lock your screen. You should have both Screen lock and SIM lock. They can only unlock your screen by flashing the phone. After flashing, to get access to the SIM, they will be asked for SIM pin.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by poseidon12: 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
Winnin009:

How can they unlock a passworded phone?

By Flashing the phone. But after that, they will be asked for SIM pin.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by ABG2222: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
poseidon12:

Not true unless you didn't also lock your screen. You should have both Screen lock and SIM lock. They can only unlock your screen by flashing the phone. After flashing, to get access to the SIM, they will be asked for SIM pin.

I'm very sure of what I'm saying. Sim pin is only needed at the first time you are switching on your phone
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Hassanmaye(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
xpiranza88:
Normally if ur phone is stolen or u misplaced it the first thing to do is to call customer care and block the line immediately......that's what I when my phone got missing
Mtsww na your thinking be that, before they picked the call after one hour the account is empty then you will learn
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by JOemmy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sugoi:

Pls how do they activate the sim lock?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / Phones Are Becoming So Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.