Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend (41165 Views)

My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings / Offshore Worker Returns To Find Cucumber In Girlfriend’s Cupboard, Landlady Post / My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by sukkot: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
superCleanworks:

you want to do what?
was there any written and signed agreement concerning the frequency or regularisation of the visit of females?

23? you are a man now and if you can't stand your ground at this age then your landlady should be the least of your worries

If she wants you out then she should give you a legally signed quit notice and not you taking the decision which only amounts to self cheating.
if she is going to give you a refund then she needs to pay for more than the rent which the courts will decide. Please know your rights whether you are 23, 16 or 72.

I was 23 first time I dragged someone to court, that landlady is lucky.
peter obi pipo

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ambale(m): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Stay that house
My landlady too warned me about friends and women because she has small children
I laugh
Na wetin local man need self
And till date only workmen dun see my house
And very occasional women she self know say she no fit complain for
Before you know guys go Boku like rice for your house
Na young man you be
Most of your potential friends no get freedom so them go turn you to friend because of that house not you
She has seen front already while sitting down
I advise you to stay even if it’s a year
The discipline will help you

I think the woman knew he's young and wants to give him guidance as a mother

Renting an apartment should not be for the sole reason of exploring life, get your quiet time, keep less friends and women in that apartment

As you move on in life things will be more clearer

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Emmanuel30a: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
D woman/landlady just sang u a song: "Bosita mafi tire kobami, jade sita; koto fi tire ko bami..." Ur purpose in LIFE isn't glucose, or isn't 2drinks/b drinking glucose;
with Rose or aunty Rose, and telling her that; you are her Efe Ambrose... She should come for lactose/ lactose dose&doses, after drinking glucose... From there or ...there, u would begin 2get arouse or feel arousing-thereby starts/begins to browse the blowse or skirts&blowses of aunty Rose; without using a mouse...? You would end up in... or at the outskirts of the skirts&blowses... From there to "jasket&basket", "jasket like basket"; and finally, to inside the casket... You won't remember to take your Hackett, Hackett jacket or Hackett&jacket...u enjoy/enjoys the crickets...? That is ur market..., bad market...dat doesn't allows u 2 wear blanket... Take off d skirt/skirts, take off d shirt/shirts/T.shirt, play&enjoy d game of cricket&diskette, bend down select; or like bend down select...?...

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by sukkot: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
landlady must be yoruba. na dem go offer you full refund if their spirit rejects you. if na igbo woman once that alert done hit that akant it is never coming out again. she will just manage you and be giving you the occasional frown when she sees you with women cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by royalfly(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Promotions:
The problem is the landlady needs a matured man or a decent young man as a tenant but op on the other hand is a young man trying to explore life.. best you get another apartment that approves of your life style cos such apartment will be no fun for you.

23 years old man a young man. This how poverty started in Africa. One day you all will realize that we messed up. That guy did no wrong, he was not hoping parties or was it mentioned that he broke any laws. Thar lady will be sued in a sane clime and she will return more than the rent. We are too wicked in africa

5 Likes

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Originalsly: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
flokii:

It's breaking of bottle everyday na.. landlady go get tattoo and tribal mark by force.

grin ... maybe she had a tenant like you.... and is taking no chances ... first sign and tenant must leave ... full refund .... money doesn't matter!

But OP ... you should've begged and asked for forgiveness. Where would you find a place with such comfort and security?? ... not security camera but a 24/7 live monitor of the entire premises by the landlord? ... you can sleep in peace ... no noise disturbances... no fear of robbers... safety should be like everything in these times. Some animal walking on th3 roof and you are complaining... is it every night? ... do you know how many here will hope for that?.... instead of you going to find ... bush meat coming to you?? Oh well ... you already moved... update us on the problems at your new place.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by royalfly(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
seanwilliam:

You’re on point 100%. God bless u.

@ForG, Besides at that your age, I don’t think it’s that bad being policed by an elderly woman. Me and you know say na because of pussy exploration na why u go rent that house , take this from me, there’s no big deed there. Carrying girl or girls while you’re still finding your feet is you stabbing yourself on the back .

This is coming from a guy who’s fhucked nothing less down 100 girls in my career grin
You’re still young my brother , don’t take decision they’ll mar your future.

However , if you still insist on exploring , disguising with “ wanting privacy “ then next time don’t rent apartment where the landlord/landlady lives. Also dress and speak in a very mature manner ( no be by speaking grammar) but trust me the way you carry yourself is the way you’ll be addressed.
Be respectful , be ready to unlearn and relearn, don’t be too forward because you get small change for acct, trust me, na change. If you’re rich you’ll get your own house grin

This is Africa, kill that ‘woke’ mentality, it’ll do you no good.

And finally , try to create physical - offline business and attribute your money to it. You know why ? This is Nigeria , you still have to conform in some ways with society ‘standard ‘.

You can attack me that I’m a local bush man, trust me, I woke pass u grin

I wish you success brotherly

Shhh

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Nyanabo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
wirinet:

Yes her house, her rules, but she has no right to determine what her tenants drinks, eats or who they fùck, that's an invasion of privacy.
If she is so jobless about pocknosing into other people's she should have written it in her tenancy agreement in black and white.

I once had a landlord in London in my 20s who after I paid rent insisted, I must not cook meat in his house, because he is a vegan, and cooking meat is a sin. He would come every weekend to inspect the house. Me that I love meat and chicken did not even bother to argue. I would cook meat as I liked. Whenever he comes, he would know, because he could smell cooked meat, even if you cooked it 5 days ago. He could then burn incense all over the house to drive away the evil spirit of the meat and the smell. After constant quarrel for 3 months, I decided to leave and get another apartment.

We are not talking about criminality here but morality. You cannot impose your morality on others just because they rent your house.

Her argument were based on morality and security. That's was why she also told the OP not to bring in alot of males friends because she wouldn't want people to constitute nuisance in her property.

Her being a landlady doesn't give her the right to decide what he eats, drink, or who they sleep with. But she has a right to say who should come into her property. Thats what's up.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by PROPEACE: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

In her actual words: "women will kill your destiny."
That woman is a psycho. grin grin na who send am?
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by wirinet(m): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nyanabo:

Her argument were based on morality and security. That's was why she also told the OP not to bring in alot of males friends because she wouldn't want people to constitute nuisance in her property.
On morality, as I said, she has no right to determine someone else's morality. On security, she has to prove how bringing in his girlfriend(s) constitute security risk. How will bringing in a girl into his private room constitute nuisance to others outside?

Her being a landlady doesn't give her the right to decide what he eats, drink, or who they sleep with. But she has a right to say who should come into her property. Thats what's up.

It's not exactly her property once she decides to lease a part out to another person. It's no longer her property until the terms of the lease expires.
I have gotten an injunction before that preventedy landlady from stepping leg into her compound until after the determination of the case I instituted against her.
So quit that "it's her property and so she can do as she likes inside her tenant's house" nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by armyofone(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nyanabo:

If for religious/moral reason, she should be renting to only married people.
Maybe scared of boyfriend/girlfriend fights and property destruction.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Nyanabo(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
wirinet:

On morality, as I said, she has no right to determine someone else's morality. On security, she has to prove how bringing in his girlfriend(s) constitute security risk. How will bringing in a girl into his private room constitute nuisance to others outside?

It's not exactly her property once she decides to lease a part out to another person. It's no longer her property until the terms of the lease expires.
I have gotten an injunction before that preventedy landlady from stepping leg into her compound until after the determination of the case I instituted against her.
So quit that "it's her property and so she can do as she likes inside her tenant's house" nonsense.

NIGERIA has a different culture from other part of the world is all I can say.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Konjiboii: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
The only time I stayed in a rented apartment was in school and my landlady was quite chilled, she was aware I fvck girls scatter and smoke igbo like Rasta and she never complained, heck sometimes when I'm not home and any girl visit they wait at her store and she gives them a drink and I pay whenever I return..she was Muslim and I always have ton of meat during sallah that could last a month. I miss that woman sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by wirinet(m): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nyanabo:

NIGERIA has a different culture from other part of the world is all I can say.
We are not talking about sharia or traditional law, but civil law or English law modelled after the British Legal system.
In this system you lose your rights of absolute ownership of a property once you lease it out.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by dododawa1: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
9jagovernor:
Exactly what I'm facing In my newly rented apartment.
Although I've spent a month plus but this particular incident happened when I just spent about 2 weeks in the house.
I brought my gf to know where I'm now staying and as soon as we entered into the house, the landlady whispered but I ignored since she knows my name why not call me by my name.
The second day as my gf and I were going out she started ranting that I should not be bringing ladies into her house that her house is not a brothel.
I was like since I parked into this house how many girls or ladies as she seen with me? I kept quiet and let her say all her nonsense. I just told my gf let's go.
Thank God I only paid 6 month plus agreement... Cos I can't see myself staying in that kind of house for long.
pls make Na dey show us d location HOUSE
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by occfx: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
I moved into this apartment about two weeks ago. Mini flat, only myself, excellent neighbourhood; I'm constantly indoors and not social.

But the landlady has been a pest so far.

The property has three tenants, but only one has been there for over a year.
The renter I replaced still works for her today, but quit the house only after a year.

The longest-tenured tenant (five years, married man with kids) warned me about her before I moved in. That she meddled in the affairs of her tenants. He is also desperate to leave the house this year.

Under the pretext of protection, she herself told me that she routinely informs her tenants' families of every move they make.

Today, the camel's back broke.

A female acquaintance of mine recently stayed with me for some days.
The landlady took offence and informed me that she does not want any female visitors except a known girlfriend.

Before relocating, she had also said that she did not want much male visitors in order to avoid disruptive behaviour. Made sense to me security-wise.
Wasn't a problem since I don't have male friends.

The next day, I saw her and informed her that an animal was running in the roof, as well as other anomalies I had noticed in the apartment.
She said that it seemed I was dissatisfied with the home and that she would provide a full refund without delay.

I made certain to inquire whether the prohibition on female visitors was on security grounds, but she said that the residence was a Christian home where everyone must be family, notwithstanding the fact that the tenant before me was a muslim.

Today, my agent came on my door and informed me that the landlady had complained to him. We subsequently met with the landlady, who once again threatened a complete refund.
She continued by saying that I am too young to have female companions because they would destroy my life.

I'm 23.

This evening I took the decision to collect the refund, cut my losses on the agreement and commission, and look for a new flat in the vicinity.

I had only heard rumours, but I had no idea such toxic home owners exist. The husband of over 33 years is pretty laid-back and even made a joke about my bringing a female acquaintance around to my guarantor.

The wife on the other hand is hell's fury.

I don't think you said everything... Talk true do you bang loud? I bang loud and my position is always slapping the ass and making the sound of clap so loud that neighbors must know something is happening here and it's not something a sex starved person can withstand on the long run. It's good you make a decision on time, move to where you can have peace of mind
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by FireUpNow(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
OP find a new place and leave her.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by sharone21(f): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

I don't think one has any no right if they are being offered a full refund.

No written agreement.

Stand my ground at this age? Bro I've been the head of my family since 15. Every thing passes through me to get to them.

There's actually no documented quit notice, it's just word of mouth.

Brother, drag her to court? No need to burn bridges. She has already offered a full refund.

Not everything is fire and brimstone, some issues require diplomacy.

So how will u make up for the losses for the agreement and commission?

Some agents will even offer to find u your next house so he makes gain again on top the previous one made from agreement and commission....

Even if u lose your A & C amount, don't cheat yourself further.... Spend one year at least.

U can meet that girl outside

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Streetmovement(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Na why I no dey like stay for house wey landlord dey live except it's recommended that the Landlord na free minded one.

Just like my new place I rented last year, na guy man like me get am, every weekend we dey shayo like mad, I dey carry babes like say tomorrow no dey, I'm planning to even renew sef cheesy

The apartment before this was like a brothel sef grin

If you be guy man when you wan collect house try dey collect house wey you go fit freestyle as you like, as you no be married man or elderly person nothing concern you concern that kind compound.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Katcall: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Stay that house
My landlady too warned me about friends and women because she has small children
I laugh
Na wetin local man need self
And till date only workmen dun see my house
And very occasional women she self know say she no fit complain for
Before you know guys go Boku like rice for your house
Na young man you be
Most of your potential friends no get freedom so them go turn you to friend because of that house not you
She has seen front already while sitting down
I advise you to stay even if it’s a year
The discipline will help you
when last you fùck for that house?
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by bassdow: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
I moved into this apartment about two weeks ago. Mini flat, only myself, excellent neighbourhood; I'm constantly indoors and not social.

The renter I replaced still works for her today, but quit the house only after a year.

The longest-tenured tenant (five years, married man with kids) warned me about her before I moved in. That she meddled in the affairs of her tenants. He is also desperate to leave the house this year.

Under the pretext of protection, she herself told me that she routinely informs her tenants' families of every move they make.

The landlady took offence and informed me that she does not want any female visitors except a known girlfriend.

Before relocating, she had also said that she did not want much male visitors in order to avoid disruptive behaviour. Made sense to me security-wise.

The next day, I saw her and informed her that an animal was running in the roof, as well as other anomalies I had noticed in the apartment.
She said that it seemed I was dissatisfied with the home and that she would provide a full refund without delay.

I made certain to inquire whether the prohibition on female visitors was on security grounds, but she said that the residence was a Christian home where everyone must be family, notwithstanding the fact that the tenant before me was a muslim.

Today, my agent came on my door and informed me that the landlady had complained to him. We subsequently met with the landlady, who once again threatened a complete refund.
She continued by saying that I am too young to have female companions because they would destroy my life.

I'm 23.

This evening I took the decision to collect the refund, cut my losses on the agreement and commission, and look for a new flat in the vicinity.

I had only heard rumours, but I had no idea such toxic home owners exist. The husband of over 33 years is pretty laid-back and even made a joke about my bringing a female acquaintance around to my guarantor.

when a Man is Docile, the WoMan becomes the Lion.

If I were you, I would insist on not just a full REFUND, but also the cost of reLocation. Abi no be money and stress you pass through transporting your belongings, cleaning the apartment, and arranging your thing. That's a lot of stress.

and if you want make wahala, just calm down collect the FULL ReFund firstly, then you wait for few days before bringing up the other costs.

That way, you have more levverage. they obviously saw you as naive.

I rented my first apartment while I was maybe 18. I'm soo calm you would think I couldn't hurt a fly. You need really push me for me to react.

Once again, 100% FULL REFUND (which just might be an empty threat) isn't enough.

Also if I were you, i would Leave that apartment judging by how desperate those before you are willing to move and the experiences of the others.

Just collect the REFUND firstly, wait a day or 2, ask them for the other expenses you accured.

if dem talk police station, help them lead the way. I have taken my landLord to court and won on 2 cases. Na fear dey make some people shy away. Though no try am with person wey get anyHow money sha.

Also very important, do you have your Agreement Form. if you weren't given, that even much better sef as that of the state takes over.

I no be lawyer but I sabi enough to not let you push me about anyHow.

and should they refuse giving you the other Monies, just spend a minimum of 2-months looking for a new apartment. If asked when you would be packing out, tell them when they give you the other Money.
The other money should only be brought up after collecting the FULL REFUND they threathened you with.

and the other money should consist of cost of transportation + the stress involved in finding the new apartment which you're about leaving + stress of moving your things from your former place to this place you're about leaving + apartment cleaning + load arrangements + stress + OTHERs.

At end of the day, i suggest you leave that place as soon as you could juding by experiences of those there before you.

LandLadies sabi get wahala, if you look wella now, maybe she became a landLady just by marriage. She fit no even know wetin dem dey call BLOCK or sharpSand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by LyfeJennings(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
how I wish I was ur landlady's tenant.
I swear she no fit ever get peace of mind
if I count the number of ladies wey don enter my house
Dem fit reach about 7.8billion
plus I play loud music
smoke weed and all
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Katcall: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nyanabo:
You didn't tell us the agreement you had with her before she rented the apartment to you.

Because I know most landlords and landladies state it explicitly that boyfriends and girlfriends are not condone in their house.

Just saying though.

What's bad is bad
whats their business if i bring my girlfriend home to fùck?

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Katcall: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

You have a point sir.
are you a sex freak like me?
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by VIKTO83(m): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

They say its a lizard. I think its too big for that.
It's also too quiet to be a rat.

Was thinking snake, monitor lizard.

The op mentioned that it's monitor lizard.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
bassdow:

when the Man is Docile, the WoMan is the Lion.

If I were you, I would insist on not just a full REFUND, but also the cost of reLocation. Abi no be money and stress you pass through transporting your belongings, cleaning the apartment, and arranging your thing. That's a lot of stress.

and if you want make wahala, just calm down collect the FULL ReFund firstly, then you wait for few days before bringing up the other costs.

That way, you have more levverage. they obviously saw you as naive.

I rented my first apartment while I was maybe 18. I'm soo calm you would think I couldn't hurt a fly. You need really push me for me to react.

Once again, 100% FULL REFUND (which just might be an empty threat) isn't enough.

Also if I were you, i would Leave that apartment judging by how desperate those before you are willing to move and the experiences of the others.

Just collect the REFUND firstly, wait a day or 2, ask them for the other expenses you accured.

if dem talk police station, help them lead the way. I have taken my landLord to court and won on 2 cases. Na fear dey make some people shy away. Though no try am with person wey get anyHow money sha.

Also very important, do you have your Agreement Form. if you weren't given, that even much better sef as that of the state takes over.

I no be lawyer but I sabi enough to not let you push me about anyHow

This comment, sir: GOLD.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Ilekokonit: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Na so I wan rent one flat for off Allen avenue Ikeja some years ago and the landlord told me he does not want a man that will be bringing different colors of women to the house everyday.

I just abandoned the plan to rent the house and in actual fact I can not live in the same compound with any landlord.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Oparasunny125(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

I'm 23.

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Oparasunny125(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Landlord and landlady wahala
I thank God for my landlord shaaa.

If he is going out and my girl is also going out, he do help me to drop her to her location
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Mercury12(m): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
9jagovernor:
Exactly what I'm facing In my newly rented apartment.
Although I've spent a month plus but this particular incident happened when I just spent about 2 weeks in the house.
I brought my gf to know where I'm now staying and as soon as we entered into the house, the landlady whispered but I ignored since she knows my name why not call me by my name.
The second day as my gf and I were going out she started ranting that I should not be bringing ladies into her house that her house is not a brothel.
I was like since I parked into this house how many girls or ladies as she seen with me? I kept quiet and let her say all her nonsense. I just told my gf let's go.
Thank God I only paid 6 month plus agreement... Cos I can't see myself staying in that kind of house for long.
Omo 😂😂 why is your landlady like this nah😂😂
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by MrJames007: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

I'm 23.

Why did you go and stay in the same compound with your landlord. I can't o.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by fmonigent(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
youngsahito:
Their are laws guiding house rent, you can't just sleep and wake up to make a stupid decision base on somebody privacy.
He be like say landlord never frustrate u b4 n I can tell that u haven't leave in a rented apartment b4.

No mind that dude
Em still dey stay with em uncle na cause am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me / "You Can’t Stop A Cheating Husband" / Lady Recounts Her Experience As A Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.