Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village (63627 Views)

See The Bush Cat My Father Caught At The Farm (Pictures) / See The Animal I Caught At A Building Site (Pictures) / Pictures Of The Massive Python My Dad Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Iykenuwa(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bahamas95:
I hate reptiles.

I can't believe people eat them.

Do you eat fish?
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Patented: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:
This looks like Alligator. Alligators are amphibians tho.
Crocodile actually, alligators are found in North America mainly. None in Africa
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Bahamas95(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Iykenuwa:

Do you eat fish?
Yes!

Fish na reptile? Nawa for you o.....FYI fish is neither reptile nor amphibian.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Emma1Oj(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
No be lizard be this?
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Flawless18: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
Patented:

Crocodile actually, alligators are found in North America mainly. None in Africa
I don’t argue and I hardly post on this forum. But what I’m sure of 💯, I can argue it like kilodeee 😂😂😂 Pls visit your uncle in the village to ask questions and see things. Alligator is called áwón/awònrìnwòn/áñtá in Yoruba. Crocodile is called óní in Yoruba.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by silibaba: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
fredthemeek:
My dad was going to check his traps when he saw this animal and captured it alive, please what's the name of the animal?

Ask your Dad, shey, he's a hunter?

1 Like

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Burgcudi(m): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
fredthemeek:
My dad was going to check his traps when he saw this animal and captured it alive, please what's the name of the animal?
Dragon
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by SporaD8: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Flawless18:

Lagos people and ignorance. They swallow every damn shit they read on google. Alligator that I killed in my compound last week and very plenty in my grandpa’s farm at Ifon-Osun. Emancipate yourself from Oyinbo inflicted self slavery. There are crocodiles and there is alligator. Ask the Hausas selling smoked fish about alligator. A smoked medium sized alligator can cost 10k from mai-kifi malam
Alaye, be calming down and get yourself informed.
last last, the word, "Alligator" na English word. Same with "Crocodile".
Are you saying you are more English than the profs that coined those words?
What you killed in your compound and very plenty in your grandpa farm is "Monitor Lizard": "Awonrinwon" in Yoruba.
What Op has is a "Baby Crocodile"
Alligators are not native to Africa.

1 Like

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by labake1(f): 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
YOUNGELDER1:

Crocodile !

Alligators can’t not be found in Africa.

Alligators dey Anambra State
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Hallabee1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
Aje...

So you dey follow your papa drag village...which one be 'MY VILLAGE' should be 'HIS VILLAGE '
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by osazsky(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kia....this thing tastes like the combination of cat fish and chicken...bross location....are u close to edo...I fit drive come self
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by GogetterMD(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
GogetterMD:

Please, alligators are not amphibians. They are REPTILES. One of the largest and oldest surviving predators (via evolution)
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by officialfestus(m): 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin
YOUNGELDER1:

You & the illiterates selling smoke fish are clowns 🤡

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Patented: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Flawless18:
I don’t argue and I hardly post on this forum. But what I’m sure of 💯, I can argue it like kilodeee 😂😂😂 Pls visit your uncle in the village to ask questions and see things. Alligator is called áwón/awònrìnwòn/áñtá in Yoruba. Crocodile is called óní in Yoruba.

Even Tigers have a name in Yourba and Tigers are not found naturally occuring in Africa.

See these links
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator
https://www.totalreptile.com/are-there-alligators-in-africa/

I challenge u to show me via a Google search that alligators occur in Africa

1 Like

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by jaeyking(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:

Alligators are reptiles not amphibians

Please take note
I mean no offence
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Treassured: 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yucks, I can't eat such Animal.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by adecz: 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Pygmy forest crocodile ...🐊🐊🐊

Leave the poor animal alone 😞😞😞
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Nyanabo(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Monitor liazard
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by BlackAdam65: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:
first of all there are no alligators in Africa second of all you were being sarcastic when you said Alligators are amphbians

1 Like

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by bejick(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Flawless18:
Your brain is dead! Your education is a waste. Do research and ask questions, you no go hear. Na person like you Dey plagiarize while writing research project lifting shit verbatim from google. Olodo oshi! Visit your uncle in the village and ask questions about nature Ode Omo 😏 I’ve seen crocodile killed by a Benue farm worker employed by by uncle on our farm. I’ve seen and eaten alligator severally and they clearly look different. Alligator don’t necessarily live inside a river but a nice cool hole just like other reptiles. They live at your backyard “soak-away” septic tank region while crocodile is aquatic and can’t survive for long on dried land.

You are definitely talking about Monitor Lizard not Alligator

1 Like

Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by advocatebaba(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
JASONjnr:
This meat too sweet..... U for buy am for minimum wage

Ate it 5yrs ago.....

I will definitely pay any amount to get it!!!
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by LtChisom: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
Mrvictorwrite:

Alligator for Africa?
You dey play ni?
That is a baby crocodile.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by ahnie: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Persephone1:
grin grin grin grin

Maybe it was caught in the bush not water grin grin
Safe to call it,water meat then.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
ahnie:

Safe to call it,water meat then.
grin grin grin As long as meat is there so they can eat it! grin
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by ahnie: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Persephone1:
grin grin grin As long as meat is there so they can eat it! grin
Yeah, anything to fill the stomach.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Truth07: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
Judybash93:

It's a crocodile! There are no alligators in Africa except if you go to the zoo
Nawa for you come here and see alligator everywhere
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by hush15: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
fredthemeek:

Smh...it is a lizard. A very big one
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Henry22(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na everything una dey chop for Africa na em make even fly dey run when em see Africans but feels very safe around white people, pigeon will almost want to fly into your mouth around Madison square.
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by jessedaflow: 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
By always posting this you are encouraging poaching
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by unity004(m): 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
Oga go back to ur secondary school biology textbook
Mrvictorwrite:
Re: The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village by Umadam: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Pls thisis a normal Bush meat, I dont knoweth people complains lot these days unnecessarily.
Any, they will start calling Nigeria as if they came from Cameroon..

pocohantas:
You caught a baby croc and called it bush meat? Lmao! I love Nigerians.

Anything to eat these animals. Just slam it bush meat and put inside pot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Post Your Christmas Food Pictures Here / Remove Two Things From This Tray Of Food (pix) / See The ₦600 Banana And Groundnut I Bought In Uyo (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.