Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (90990 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by obynoceaser: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Let them rest
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by RenaissanceGuy: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Was there anytime the ban wasn't total?? The problem has always been about poor enforcement, because you people think it's what's responsible for high traffic.
Seunlization grin:
Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland.

BTW, I thought people have been saying Lalasticlala has been sacked.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ogelekpomgam(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Seun, can you make a list of words that are prohibited so that our freedom of speech is not ridiculed in the guise of fighting tribalism.

Make a comprehensive list or a comprehensive definition of what tribal slurs are. Define tribal slurs and what can pass as tribal slurs if there's no list. Thanks.

" Tribe of the fallen demon" has been used to insult people here. It's a phrase not even a word.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM OR CYBER BULLYING. I STAND AGAINST BOTH VICES AND CONDEMN THEM AS A GOOD NAIRALAND MEMBER!
You are not a good person.
You insult people and their family.
Waiting for you to show your real colour...
Surprised you are still on this platform..

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TrumpDonald2: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
bassdow:

Nairaland ain't run by just You alone. try to use "We", rather than "I". It's got more meanings than just spellings

He used 'we' at the beginning as he recognized those working with him. For the decision, it's his decision and that's why he used 'I'.

Last I checked, this is not a PLC, it's his forum. So this correction is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by callmevirus(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.

Supported, I know he/she will be targeting me now but na jump and pass

As Lala give him one snake or snake meat you're free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by IrawoKross: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

Mynd44 and dominique are APC apologist. They don't hide it. What they do is to silent anyone that doesn't support APC with a ban. Seun, look into this.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Masterito(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is long overdue. The platform is turning into a hate spot. The hate in the platform is way too high. You have to do something as quickly as possible.
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by callmevirus(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.

Supported, I know he/she will be targeting me now but na jump and pass

As for Lala give him one snake or snake meat you're free
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by adefitim(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Best post ever after Slawormiir funny and street comments

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by DonNeon: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Is lalasticlala still with nairaland

It's been a while we saw snake meat on front page 😁
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ahnie: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
LAXconfidential:
@Seun

Good day sir, please special attention should be paid to drug trafficking threads because they're the very root of tribal and ethnic slurs on Nairaland. Trolls like Leodeking and PoloG et. al have made it their life's ambition to source for news about Igbo drug traffickers and post them here with the view of ridiculing the Igbos on nairaland. I'm not Igbo but even I cannot stand the foolishness and hypocrisy.

DRUG TRAFFICKING THREADS SHOULD BE GIVING SPECIAL ATTENTION.

Cc: Nlfpmod Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique
Sweetie,you forgot to add oyingboupdate

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Naturemed: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na now una wake up. Hope all this name calling will stop. Full Obidient by law
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
DaTruths:
Tinubu must return that mandate.
Seun, let's start here.

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Ex0rrcist: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
Egbon e don tey wey I see your comment. Glad to know you're still here.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ipobarecriminals: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
grin cheesy grin sad grin u are a troublemaker sad grin grin
Staphylococcus:
Can we use emojis like 🐖🐗🐷
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Electorate: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Good morning seun, na now your day break.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by DaTruths: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Seun, let's start here.

Is Tinubu an Ethnic sluur? Seun.

Tinubu is a nickname for Tinubu, I learnt it on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LAXconfidential(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
ahnie:

Sweetie,you forgot to add oyingboupdate

You're absolutely right! That one too.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TrumpDonald2: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
is imri not water in igbo ?
Imri is not Igbo pls. Maybe you got the spelling wrong. What exactly are you trying to write.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by EmekaBlue(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
The hate still lives in the mind of the ethnic bigots

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by kelly72: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is really overdue.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by KPGGlobal: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nice one!

But It would have made more sense before or during the elections!

Calling for peace after an organized war looks preplanned and systemic!

My view!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before anyone says anything

Check my comments!!!

I have never insulted any tribe

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27)

The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.