Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG (26572 Views)

Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Yibo(m): 4:38am On Mar 29, 2023

The Federal Government, on Tuesday, gave the assurance that the transition of power from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, would be smooth and peaceful.

This was as the government said the refurbishment of offices for the President and Vice-President elect had been completed.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, the Chairman of the Transition Committee, Boss Mustapha, stressed that litigation would not stop the hand-over ceremony from taking place.

He said, “The committee has been active and the refurbishment of offices for the President and Vice-President elect has been completed.

“The facility at the Defence House is ready. Security personnel of the Department of State Services and the Nigerian Police Force have also been deployed to the President and Vice-President elect.

“Protocol officers have also been assigned to both the President-elect and Vice-President-elect from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Intelligence Agency.

“The transition process is on course and all efforts are being made to ensure that it is smooth. On May 29, there would be a peaceful formal transfer of power to the new President.”

Mustapha noted that the security sub-committee had been saddled with the responsibility to ensure no one truncates the hand-over.

He said, “All litigation, whether resolved or not, will not in any way stop the process. The President is not spending a day extra in office. The security committee has the responsibility to ensure that nothing happens to truncate the transition process. Nigerians are very law-abiding people.

“Whoever has lost an election, there are provided avenues for those people to make whatever legal inquiry they want to make but the process would continue unabated. We would not create another constitutional crisis. On May 29, the hand-over will take place.”

As part of the transition, Mustapha also said four members of the President-elect’s team would be joining the FG delegation to the Spring meeting of the World Bank.

He, however, revealed that the president-elect has nominated, Wale Edun and the governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu to be part of the transition committee.

https://punchng.com/court-cases-wont-stop-handover-to-tinubu-shettima-fg/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1680059545

68 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by helinues: 4:40am On Mar 29, 2023
To gara

With the gnashing of teeth from the oppositions, it be like not only election mandate was stolen, brains and manhood was looted as well

333 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by wahalawahala: 4:41am On Mar 29, 2023
No need to shalaye sef😂.. we all know except the delusional and bittered ones.
Tulumbu no fit win primary , he did
Tulumbu no fit win the general election, he did flawlessly
Tulumbu can ever ever be declared...... he was declared and issued certificate of return.

Tulumbu will die😂😂... Instead dia papa dey die one by one..
so much bitterness Kai!
Waiting patiently for their new anthem when the court disgustingly throw out their baseless cases through the back window😂

286 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Koralords: 4:43am On Mar 29, 2023
Let them continue wailing ,only a mad man would think pdp divided into 4 places obis Labour ,nnp and g5 would still win an election against the rulling party ,

154 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by helinues: 4:44am On Mar 29, 2023
That we will allow the repeat of 1993 annulment by same people, ko possible

3 out of 5 plus the heady

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by GeneralPula: 4:48am On Mar 29, 2023
Confirm..

153 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by raskymonojendor: 4:48am On Mar 29, 2023
It is what it is.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Globad(f): 4:51am On Mar 29, 2023
Koralords:
Let them continue wailing ,only a mad man would think pdp divided into 4 places obis Labour ,nnp and g5 would still win an election against the rolling party ,

Will they ever reason?

Anyway, they will soon get used to the presidential election result

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Racoon(m): 4:55am On Mar 29, 2023
"......The president-elect has nominated the governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu to be part of the transition committee......"
The urge to continue the structure of criminality is just too fast for them. Image this same man with many moral baggages still appointing Atiku Bagudu-a man well known for laundering Nigeria monies for the late tyrant; General Sanni Abacha?

Still affirming that Birds of the same plumage flock together. Meanwhile, guess the courts knows the world is watching? Kenya have long set a precedence anyway.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Naira20: 4:57am On Mar 29, 2023
Kikikiki... Maybe they think this is the Naira Redesign nonsense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by donpapa(m): 4:58am On Mar 29, 2023
Normal level 💯

8 Likes

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by oyin44: 5:00am On Mar 29, 2023
abi o, losers must concede defeat by force

helinues:
To gara

With the gnashing of teeth from the oppositions, it be like not only election mandate was stolen, brains and manhood was looted as well

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by saphiya(f): 5:02am On Mar 29, 2023
God bless Nigeria

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by seunmsg(m): 5:03am On Mar 29, 2023
Racoon:
The urge to continue the structure of criminality is just too fast for them. Image this same man with many moral baggages still appointing Atiku Bagudu-a man well known for laundering Nigeria monies for the late tyrant; General Sanni Abacha?

Still affirming that Birds of the same plumage flock together. Meanwhile, guess the courts knows the world is watching? Kenya have long set a precedence anyway.

He, however, revealed that the president-elect has nominated, Wale Edun and the governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu to be part of the transition committee.

The president-elect nominated a Christian from the south and a Muslim from the north to be members of the transition committee but in your usual character of lying, spreading falsehood and misinforming the public, you edited Wale Edun’s name away and left only Bagudu.

Peter Obi lost woefully despite deploying lies, fake news and propaganda as the main strategy of his campaign. You’re also going to lose in your attempt to discredit and malign the good work of the incoming president.

162 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by madridguy(m): 5:07am On Mar 29, 2023
Even the APC PCC Directors are already Inspecting the Inauguration Venue.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by raskymonojendor: 5:08am On Mar 29, 2023
Racoon:

Peter Obi was Abacha's boy too. It's takes some level of wickedness to accept an appointment from Abacha.

292 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by franchasofficia: 5:19am On Mar 29, 2023
Everybody knows APC has perfected plans to continue at all cost to cover up their 8 years of massive borrowing and looting Nigeria dry.

And of ourse nobody is expecting Nigeria's corrupt judiciary headed by one of the most corrupt Judges to upturn Tinubu's illegal mandate, if by any means they upturn Tinubu's mandate, the whole world will be shocked cos that will be the greatest wonder on earth.

In order words, Tinubu will continue but let it be on record that he was selected by a corrupt system to preside over Nigeria, not that he won through majority vote of the Nigerian people.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 29, 2023
Racoon:

You never tire of wailing. Yet what/where has it ever gotten you and your fellow compatriots if not a lifetime of failure and losses your kids will surely inherit as you inherited the loser mentality and moaning from your forebears?

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by helinues: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
Everybody knows APC has perfected plans to continue at all cost to cover up their 8 years of massive borrowing and looting Nigeria dry.

And of ourse nobody is expecting Nigeria's corrupt judiciary headed by one of the most corrupt Judges to upturn Tinubu's illegal mandate, if by any means they upturn Tinubu's mandate, the whole world will be shocked cos that will be the greatest wonder on earth.

In order words, Tinubu will continue but let it be on record that he was selected by a corrupt system to preside over Nigeria, not that he won through majority vote of the Nigerian people.

Buckets or storage tanks? Choose one

I am in generous mood

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by franchasofficia: 5:24am On Mar 29, 2023
OneTemplate:

You never tire of wailing. Yet what/where has it ever gotten you and your fellow compatriots if not a lifetime of failure and losses your kids will surely inherit as you inherited the loser mentality and moaning from your forebears?
No reasonable and responsible person gets tired of condemning illegality and criminality, only criminals and potential criminals celebrate criminality and illegality because it gives them hope of becoming part of the criminal gang someday

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Putinofrussia: 5:26am On Mar 29, 2023
Over to you,Okundiri. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by franchasofficia: 5:27am On Mar 29, 2023
helinues:

Buckets or storage tanks? Choose one

I am in generous mood
My brother listen, whether Tinubu or Obi or Atiku becomes the President doesn't affect me directly at all cos by the grace of God, I have passed the level that Nigerians choice of President affects my life negatively.

As bad as Buhari's regime was, it was my most prosperous years on earth; I got married to one of the finest classy ladies you can think of, had kids that I never had, started a small business that grew to a small company and now a big player, acquired properties with ease, bought over 8 luxury cars with ease, didn't travel much cos I have phobia for flying/traveling, helped a lot of people, witness my siblings became richer and better, saw closest friends join millionaire and billionaire list and finally living a life free of financial worries.

So my only concern with Tinubu's presidency is the dent on Nigeria's image and black people as a whole and the issue of insecurity in Southeast which I fear may escalate more.

And the legacy that a criminal godfather can become anything in Nigeria despite their criminal history.

Those are my only worries honestly, aside that, I don't care

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by helinues: 5:29am On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
My brother listen, whether Tinubu or Obi or Atiku becomes the President doesn't affect me directly at all cos by the grace of God, I have passed the level that Nigerians choice of President affects my life negatively.

As bad as Buhari's regime was, it was my most prosperous years on earth

So na me it dey affect bah..

In all the Buhari's presidency, I have only spent 2 months in all.

Dey play shogbo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Houseontherock1: 5:30am On Mar 29, 2023
undecided
Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Ireportlive: 5:31am On Mar 29, 2023
Even the opposition knows

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
No reasonable and responsible person gets tired of condemning illegality and criminality, only criminals and potential criminals celebrate criminality and illegality because it gives them hope of becoming part of the criminal gang someday

Yes of course you are right. I am even a self-confessed and proud member of the "criminal gang'.

Still does not stop your loser protest and hypocritical moaning from amounting to nada though. Lol

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG by franchasofficia: 5:35am On Mar 29, 2023
helinues:

So na me it dey affect bah..

In all the Buhari's presidency, I have only spent 2 months in all.

Dey play shogbo
I am not saying it affects or will affect u cos I don't know who u are beyond here. You could be one of the direct beneficiaries of Tinubu's presidency, and if that's the case I don't blame you for supporting him with all your mind cos its kind of normal with humans, especially we black Nigerians.

My point is this, as bad as Buhari's regime was for 8 years starting 2015, it was my most prosperous years on earth; I got married to one of the finest classy ladies you can think of, had kids that I never had, started a small business that grew to a small company and now a big player, acquired properties with ease, bought over 8 luxury cars with ease, didn't travel much cos I have phobia for flying/traveling, helped a lot of people, witnessed my siblings became richer and better, saw closest friends join millionaire and billionaire list and finally living a life free of financial worries.

So my only concern with Tinubu's presidency is the dent on Nigeria's image and black people as a whole and the issue of insecurity in Southeast which I fear may escalate more.

And the legacy that a criminal godfather can become anything in Nigeria despite their criminal history.

Those are my only worries honestly, aside that, I don't care, even though a part of me want Tinubu to continue so that there won't be crises in Lagos to enable me have some ample time to do some divestment from Lagos

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Lives Under Lockdown By Abuja, Lagos And Kaduna Residents / Man Attacked, Injured By Thugs In Lagos / Leaked SGF ₦1bn Memo: Tinubu Presidency Is A Cesspit Of Corruption - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.