Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? (46165 Views)

Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business / Is Naira Really Appreciating Against Dollar Or Just Market Manipulation? / This Simple Item Can Be Manufactured In Nigeria, Why Una Dey Import Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 6:36am On Apr 07, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
what business, unless that business don’t require a physical location.

I never engage in businesses without physical location.

I'm into agriculture. Cultivation of maize and cassava on large scale basis
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by dangoteinlaw: 6:36am On Apr 07, 2023
humberjade:
There is hardly anything of value you can buy with 1m now, but you can buy a plot of land around Lagos outskirt or Ogun State if you are in the West. Forget about it for sometime, and watch the value rise.

But make sure it is situated around a place with potential for development in the nearest future. And visit the place and cut the grass from time to time, fence it if possible, just make sure you have something going on there.
and where will you get 700k to fence it after purchasing for at least 900k for a half plot?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lizko(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2023
Can a person save such amount in Europe doing minor jobs to sovive for some years an come back to nigeria and invest.
222Martins:
The internationally accepted definition of a millionaire is $1million in networth; that is N740,000,000. What this means is that regardless of the country you find yourself; whether USA, UK, UAE, Spain, Canada, etc, you can live comfortably as a millionaire. That's why i laugh at people who feel they have arrived with their Venza and N2M account balancegrin grin grin grin
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by dangoteinlaw: 6:43am On Apr 07, 2023
Pmedia7787:

A land about a plot from the road in Oyo currently going for 500k
1 million will get you 2 plots
The better you stop thinking Lagos
The better opportunity you will see in life

Remember,the entire country is still a village when compared to other countries,

Finally,it's not the amount of money you have that make you rich,
Its what you do with what's in your hand that actually makes you rich
forget the motivational talks any money in your position better hold on to it tight. I know more than 13 businesses that started last year abd folded up this year coz they couldn’t renew rent. Am not talking hearsay, infact business with physical location is fast becoming a thing of the past.

5 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by humberjade: 6:45am On Apr 07, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
and where will you get 700k to fence it after purchasing for at least 900k for a half plot?

Not necessarily fencing, just have something going on there, land to me is like a water, you have to keep water it to safeguard and keep it alive. But generally, I advice people to just buy land in Ogun State, it is growing very fast.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by komols856: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2023
ogbiwa:
I've just been thinking and I realised that with 1 million naira, you can't:
- buy a house
- buy a decent car
- buy a decent landed property
- construct a proper building foundation
- setup a decent business
- self-fund a proper business idea from zero
- etc

So I realised there are actually Nigerian "millionaires" who can't afford most of the things I listed above (technically, anyone with atleast 1 million Naira is a millionaire, by definition)
So does this mean some of our millionaires here, compared to their counterparts in other countries, are actually considered broke?

Is there something of real value you know can be bought with 1 million Naira that I may have missed? Let me know in the comments. Ogbiwa

You can actually buy a landed property in Epe Lagos with 1 million Naira. Chat me on +2348030897019 for more information on this.

Epe is now the new London in Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by dangoteinlaw: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2023
humberjade:

Not necessarily fencing, just have something going on there, land to me is like a water, you have to keep water it to safeguard and keep it alive. But generally, I advice people to just buy land in Ogun State, it is growing very fast.
and whatsoever you put on it has to be visible from a quite distant, putting a foundation of low depth won’t mean nothing unless the structure goes a bit high. You must spend 700k bro I know this for a fact because the land opposite my building at oko afo is on sale for 950k and the young guy showing interest needs that amount to put something on ground.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by dangoteinlaw: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2023
ambale:

Land wey Omo onile go later collect from you

Dey play you hear😂
he never know, he thinks the person he’s buying the land from doesn’t know about land banking too
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by dangoteinlaw: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2023
Rexnegro:

Even two plots in Ogun and still have small change sef
where in ogun pls, I don’t want the change just the 2plots.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Inosky: 7:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Start a decent mini music recording studio

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Nobodysboo(m): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Land
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by EnterpriseMan: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2023
That's very wrong, If you're business minded then 1m is alot. Its a base from which you can build on.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2023
Goalnaldo:
chai see business idea. I was listening to radio this morning and they advertised a loan company, i sent them text and they called me and scheduled a meeting with them. I might proceed to take loan and venture into this.
May the mantle upon your life speak for you! I wish you goodluck, truly it's lucrative..
But please study your environment before venturing... Not all places uses charcoal

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Ajione(m): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2023
1million is still something,If I get such money now I will invest in Catfish rearing, come after 6month and see my glorious gain.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by winner37(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2023
Land sure oga
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by omoyeni37: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2023
Goalnaldo:
chai see business idea. I was listening to radio this morning and they advertised a loan company, i sent them text and they called me and scheduled a meeting with them. I might proceed to take loan and venture into this.
What's the name of the loan company bro?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Ceejay8: 7:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Play 2odd with it
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by cletz991(m): 8:02am On Apr 07, 2023
Blue Label cool
Thank me later wink
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by kayo80(m): 8:03am On Apr 07, 2023
Well, I bought my Kia Cerato (2003) model for one million, 5 months ago...Of course it is naija used, but so far so good, it is serving me well. It has been of value to me.

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Pmedia7787: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
forget the motivational talks any money in your position better hold on to it tight. I know more than 13 businesses that started last year abd folded up this year coz they couldn’t renew rent. Am not talking hearsay, infact business with physical location is fast becoming a thing of the past.
you fold up when you lack knowledge, business is an art....you need to learn quite well to make anything of it
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by officialfestus(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2023
motionarena:

That's because you do not have the foresight or intelligence to change your life with 20m.
I had around 800k with me 2 yrs ago and I know how I used it to transform my life talk not more of 20m.
how?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by uncleck: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2023
coputa:
Stop deceiving yourself and others.one million naira can build a self contain in a remote location.
Even inside sambisa, it cannot
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by adewale2011(m): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2023

Buy Bitcoin Now, Leave it till Dec. 2025
Thank me Later...
If you need help check my contact on my FootNote.

ogbiwa:
I've just been thinking and I realised that with 1 million naira, you can't:
- buy a house
- buy a decent car
- buy a decent landed property
- construct a proper building foundation
- setup a decent business
- self-fund a proper business idea from zero
- etc

So I realised there are actually Nigerian "millionaires" who can't afford most of the things I listed above (technically, anyone with atleast 1 million Naira is a millionaire, by definition)
So does this mean some of our millionaires here, compared to their counterparts in other countries, are actually considered broke?

Is there something of real value you know can be bought with 1 million Naira that I may have missed? Let me know in the comments. Ogbiwa
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lite15(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2023
flexyrule:
Website - 30k
Ecommerce training - 150k
Payment for Facebook ads for 1 week - 20k
Initial capital for business - 500k (might not even be necessary as you can get items on credit)
Laptop - 100k
Logistics and others - 50k
Pocket money while waiting for business to pick up - 50k

That 1m can turn into 3m by December.

Please nobody should quote me and say rubbish ooo.

And please take note: This is not a business advisory and anyone who asks me for further details, I won't give it out for free. Most of the guys who learnt Ecommerce for free abandoned it after a week of either dull sales, cancelled orders or Facebook ban.

No time for people who want to make money without putting in the work.
Rubbish !!!
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by alizma: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2023
Wodu89:
It can be invested into a business to make good returns
Which business, that is the question
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2023
inoki247:

I don't need to be worth 20m before I know is not money before we use to Pray for Millions we hit the millions finally he no meet up wetin we plan..

What I'm trying to say now with the present Nigeria situation 20m can't really take care of things for someone you can spend 20m and still no show for your body shey na house u wan build ni or buy car unless say na accidented car or Low Budget new car then you can still av some money left..

It is not what you can buy with N20 million but what you can turn it to in 10 years

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2023
chccho:

If u can't make more millions out of 1 million, u won't make it even if they give u 100m

It is a product of the faulty education we are receiving we have a consumption mindset and not a production or investment mindset

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2023
omoyeni37:
What's the name of the loan company bro?
business hub. Its in benin.

3 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2023
inoki247:

Lol we are not talking about making 1m to become 100m....

With 20m can you contest an election and win from the two top party in Nigeria...

You can't av 20m and feel relax and call yourself
A rich man...

20m can't even build you a standard house in the bush let's not talk about living in town or GRA now...

The value of the money is not as how it used to be .

Little drops of water make the big ocean the journey of a thousand mile starts with a step.

See the N1 million or N20 million as a seed that can be turned to a tree and later a forest in 20 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2023
Adebisi0070:
May the mantle upon your life speak for you! I wish you goodluck, truly it's lucrative..
But please study your environment before venturing... Not all places uses charcoal
can i partner with you?Are you accountable? I can send you moneyfor two bags, we share the profit 50 50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom International Mall Ready For Inauguration (Photos) / Max Air CEO, Mangal, Is Dead / Naira Exchange Rates Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.