Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,101 members, 7,828,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? (46189 Views)

Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business / Is Naira Really Appreciating Against Dollar Or Just Market Manipulation? / This Simple Item Can Be Manufactured In Nigeria, Why Una Dey Import Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
Shnew:
I love this idea and it a very good one. A mini grinding processing plant. as I’m thinking about it now, when my money is up to certain amount I’ll give this a try I’ve a good feeling. Cause garri na part of life.

This can set up a mini grain grinding or cassava-to-garri processing plant.

With one diesel engine, two gratters and one haudralic pump.

If you re lucky, to get a sensible operator, this can generate a profit of at least 4k a a day, when sited well.

"All things being equal"
I have a gen I want to sell
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
lendahand:
I have one for 97m now
Where in Lekki?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
Herdamorlar:
At least you can start family with 1million. Marry cheap wife for 300k, rent house 300k, feeding 200k, save 200k for wife delivery hospital bills
werey
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
RockyEyo:

Try to travel a little; some people’s deepest village be like Ikeja in Lagos....
Off your mic honorable

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Larry1960: 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
Ugbolu is even 25m with abeg

Yeah I can believe this cos last year they started tarring the road
Pls what's size is 25m is it 100*50 or 100*100
and can one call ugbolu part of asaba ?

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
grin
dangoteinlaw:
and where will you get 700k to fence it after purchasing for at least 900k for a half plot?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
Larry1960:

Yeah I can believe this cos last year they started tarring the road
Pls what's size is 25m is it 100*50 or 100*100
and can one call ugbolu part of asaba ?
100 *100 but inside oooo
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
seanwilliam:
hmm no . But what different does it make? And with capital of 1m, on average how much can one make per month ?
I don't advice doing business without your presence because it ends in tears. 1m is too much with MoniePoint POS of about 35k, just made the person to write down all transactions for the day, you can always check it at the end of the day, you making 50 Naira per transaction
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Brownshoe: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Hello, mind telling me why you said fuel go hit 570/ltr? how did you come to this? because I will be starting a business soon and I will have to fuel the business for about 10hours
better you avoid business run on fuel,FG has make-up their mind, subsidy is removing

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Brownshoe:
better you avoid business run on fuel,FG has make-up their mind, subsidy is removing
everything is about to go up, hope you prepared?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lovetext: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin

One million will buy you a land in ogun state, ikorodu and co
maybe another ikorodu
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by 77up(m): 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

So I should leave my business thriving among urban civilization to go and build a useless house in a remote godforsaken place…You just want people to buy your damned land that omo nile wouldn’t let you own in peace.

That's it, is it every land you buy that you are supposed to build? You buy some land for business purpose. You buy ,keep and sell later , it's a best way of investment ever, no risk whatsoever if you buy from reliable company and there is nothing like omo onile if you do.

You are even talking like a great prospective buyer, you need not to entertain any fear about omo onile Oga.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Pipefitter: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
lies! Pants on fire!
My cousin even bought a land in close to lagoon in Lagos last year for 700k.

I bought "1 and a bit above half" plots of land in my village in Asaba, Delta for 1.350k million.

A dude I know in Umuahia, Abia bought 2 plots in a marshy/swampy area for 300k each.

Another also bought 3 plots in Nsukka for 1.3, 1.5, 1.5 million each.

Cheap land still dey. You can't tell me your village is bigger than all these places aforementioned.

Go to page 6 of this thread. I replied someone with a pic I pulled off the internet with a land being advertised for sale in my village Meanwhile you are at liberty to believe what you want, it doesn't change the facts .
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by flexyrule(m): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

30k for website?
Ho low do
Basic WordPress site for creating landing pages, forms and a Thank you page.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Brownshoe: 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
everything is about to go up, hope you prepared?
is already up,
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
Where in Abia & Delta?
I've noticed your comments all over Nairaland. You're a tribalist, so I don't have a conversation with you

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
I don't advice doing business without your presence because it ends in tears. 1m is too much with MoniePoint POS of about 35k, just made the person to write down all transactions for the day, you can always check it at the end of the day, you making 50 Naira per transaction
chai.

But on average with capital of 1m( cost of setting shop and cash), how much can it generate per month , there’ll be close supervision on the person .
I want to know if it’s worth it

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
Larry1960:

Abeg where you wan see land for Asaba for 1.35M nawao Abi na ibuzor or okpanam village you go buy land
FYI lands are very expensive in Asaba
If you don't have like #10Million and above you can't even buy 100 by 50 (450 sqm)
10Million land sef bush go still dey small

Even immigration side towards ibuzor 100 by 50 (450sqm) is 6-10Million and I bet you that place na still bush e never develop
Lands from Coker down to ibozor road is hovering now between 20-40Million
Depending on the axis in that ibuzor road
She na okpanam road wey be no go area land na like 150Million for major road

Am sure that land you bought is the outskirt of asaba

Mariam babaginda way 100*50(450sqm) na 70-80M
Malaysia estate land na 40-50M
Airport view land na 40M upwards
Asaba lands are fucking expensive
Most of you only know Asaba metropolis.
There're suburbs and exurbs/rural areas in Asaba too.
I mentioned my village but that doesn't mean I live on water or it's of jurassic age.

Lemme tell you something... Once you leave the metropolitan enclave of anywhere in the world, you'll find an easy-going, affordable and smooth lifestyle there.

In one Lagos lagoon area, land can cost up to 5-10 mill but in another one it'll be affordable.

In Abj, people would tell you that you can't acquire land anything less than 50 million but in the same Abj, you'll get land of 1 to 2m in moderate - good areas.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by saintkeppy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
Invest the 1M in a good FX prospect &gets 20% Monthly ROI.
200K for 1year is 2.4Million, Returns+Capital=3.4Million.

Or come to Akwa Ibom State & invest the money in palm oil business &gets unbelievable profits.

Or mini exportation of PMS(petrol) to South West part of Cameroon from Oron in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by peculi(f): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
Landed property
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by 222Martins(m): 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
you guys would come here and talk rubbish.
Any proof to back up that you have to be a millionaire in dollars before you'll be accepted as a millionaire?
Don't be a clown and for once in your life, positively justify the usage of your data.

A millionaire in Zimbabwe in 2007 could have been extremely poor.[3] Because of this, the term 'millionaire' generally refers to those whose assets total at least one million units of a high-value currency, such as the United States dollar, Euro, or Pound Sterling. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionaire
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pipefitter:

Go to page 6 of this thread. I replied someone with a pic I pulled off the internet with a land being advertised for sale in my village Meanwhile you are at liberty to believe what you want, it doesn't change the facts .
lemme restructure, anyone that sells land in erosion-eaten Ichida for 10 million per plot is a big criminal no matter the site.
It's pure greediness.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by saintkeppy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
lemme restructure, anyone that sells land in erosion-eaten Ichida for 10 million per plot is a big criminal no matter the site.
It's pure greediness.

Lol, even in Uyo my State Capital #10Million can fetch you 3good plots of land at high brow Shelter Afrique extension or more plots of land off Airport Dual Carriageway in Uyo, a very serene&liveable City.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
222Martins:

Don't be a clown and for once positively justify the usage of your data.

A millionaire in Zimbabwe in 2007 could have been extremely poor.[3] Because of this, the term 'millionaire' generally refers to those whose assets total at least one million units of a high-value currency, such as the United States dollar, Euro, or Pound Sterling. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionaire
Wikipedia... I can see.
What's the literary meaning of millionaire?
You guys allow the west to downgrade your currency and Gaslight you into thinking the standard for being rich, millionaire or billionaire is in dollars, pounds or euros.

If someone in Zimbabwe lives in Zimbabwe, made his money in Zimbabwe, became a millionaire/billionaire in Zimbabwe and and enjoys his life in Zimbabwe...Then the person is a millionaire/billionaire by Zimbabwean standards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
saintkeppy:

Lol, even in Uyo my State Capital #10Million can fetch you 3good plots of land at high brow Shelter Afrique extension or more plots of land off Airport Dual Carriageway in Uyo, a very serene&liveable City.
Don't mind them.
My friend bought 1 and and a quarter plot of land that the owner has surveyed etc and started construction for a bungalow(its just foundation level)...he even fenced it dwarf but no gate. He bought it for 6 mill at Ahieke in Umuahia.
It's even very close to Ishi gate major town. It's like 100 to 150 to gate.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Herkim(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
humberjade:
There is hardly anything of value you can buy with 1m now, but you can buy a plot of land around Lagos outskirt or Ogun State if you are in the West. Forget about it for sometime, and watch the value rise.

But make sure it is situated around a place with potential for development in the nearest future. And visit the place and cut the grass from time to time, fence it if possible, just make sure you have something going on there.

Good idea

Am doing this presently

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Who are you comparing yourself with. Someone will definitely be bigger and smaller than you.

Your goal is how to turn the N20 million to N100 million, then to N200 million and so on.

98% of Bank customers in Nigeria have less than 500k in their account.
Less than 1% of working class Nigeria have a networth of N20 million.

Anybody in Nigeria that says N20 million is nothing must have a minimum of N100 million.

N20 million is a good starting point.

As per thinking that will N20 million one has arrived, that is the cause of our problem.

Dangote sef never talk say he don arrive.

It is a journey and not a destination.

We are always in a haste to celebrate before the celebration

Please tell the nigga, may be he knows someone with such amount acting up or something. Even Billionaires don't waste money, they are very careful of every dollar? He thinks money is for showing off? 80% off those who become wealthy think about how their money can bring in more money not the need to show off or buy things to please people. 20m naira is fucking big even to Dangote. Only Real business men and woman understand money. Most of you even if you were to be given 100m naira you would still not know what to do, your best bet is to buy Cars, Dress big and look rich, spend lavishly till you go back broke

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Pipefitter: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
It's pure greediness.

K
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by josite: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
can buy u a plot of land at takete, isara remo.ogun state which u can sell for 1.2m by December 2023
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lendahand(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pipefitter:

It's not a lie bro.. I have no reason to lie... I just got the attached pic off the net, apparently I undervalued it. The people that own vast land in my place are not willing to sell
I am from Nnewi and there are places in Nnewi town that 5m can still get you a plot.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lendahand(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
Where in Lekki?
near VGC, call 09036961874
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by saintkeppy(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
Don't mind them.
My friend bought 1 and and a quarter plot of land that the owner has surveyed etc and started construction for a bungalow(its just foundation level)...he even fenced it dwarf but no gate. He bought it for 6 mill at Ahieke in Umuahia.
It's even very close to Ishi gate major town. It's like 100 to 150 to gate.

It's good for such a plot in a State Capital

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / Nigerian Man In Ghana Poses With Bundles Of Money: My First Time Of Seeing Money / Haier Thermocool Or LG Fridge: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.