Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? (46164 Views)

Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business / Is Naira Really Appreciating Against Dollar Or Just Market Manipulation? / This Simple Item Can Be Manufactured In Nigeria, Why Una Dey Import Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2023
DaddyCash:
Start a POS business with it. It's less risky.
can you expatiate?

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by MuslimIgbo: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
sulakishop:
Bitcoin to sell later
Or deh
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by MuslimIgbo: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2023
flexyrule:
Website - 30k
Ecommerce training - 150k
Payment for Facebook ads for 1 week - 20k
Initial capital for business - 500k (might not even be necessary as you can get items on credit)
Laptop - 100k
Logistics and others - 50k
Pocket money while waiting for business to pick up - 50k

That 1m can turn into 3m by December.

Please nobody should quote me and say rubbish ooo.

And please take note: This is not a business advisory and anyone who asks me for further details, I won't give it out for free. Most of the guys who learnt Ecommerce for free abandoned it after a week of either dull sales, cancelled orders or Facebook ban.

No time for people who want to make money without putting in the work.
30k for website?
Ho low do

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2023
lizko:
Can a person save such amount in Europe doing minor jobs to sovive for some years an come back to nigeria and invest.
its possible but it would take years. Lets say you earn 2k dolls per month doing odd job and you save 1k per month, a year would be 12k, omo, do the maths!
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2023
alizma:

Which business, that is the question

Maize and Cassava cultivation

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by inoki247: 9:14am On Apr 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Little drops of water make the big ocean the journey of a thousand mile starts with a step.

See the N1 million or N20 million as a seed that can be turned to a tree and later a forest in 20 years

Lol you people are not getting it if you inverst the 20m you will still look like a Poor man cause the investing will not even allow you to touch the money....

What I'm saying is 20m will still mak you look like a poor man bkuz investment alone you might not even buy ordinary Boxers from it so tell me how you're still rich when you've money but you can't touch if you touch it the money will finish rapidly if you use for investment you still have to suffer for long till you can have enough and something left....

20m is not money you make and you start thinking you've arrived you Neva reach anywhere....

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Strikethem: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2023
olisaEze:
It can at least afford 20secs of dorimé for you! grin
Hahaha, you are wicked o Hahaha

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 9:19am On Apr 07, 2023
ogbiwa:
I've just been thinking and I realised that with 1 million naira, you can't:
- buy a house
- buy a decent car
- buy a decent landed property
- construct a proper building foundation
- setup a decent business
- self-fund a proper business idea from zero
- etc

So I realised there are actually Nigerian "millionaires" who can't afford most of the things I listed above (technically, anyone with atleast 1 million Naira is a millionaire, by definition)
So does this mean some of our millionaires here, compared to their counterparts in other countries, are actually considered broke?

Is there something of real value you know can be bought with 1 million Naira that I may have missed? Let me know in the comments. Ogbiwa

Quite a lame question. How do you define "something of real value"?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Strikethem: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2023
So person that get 1m dey see himself as millionaire haha. Dey play.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by SimeonOTC(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Save that money, fuel go soon reach 570/ltr

Hello, mind telling me why you said fuel go hit 570/ltr? how did you come to this? because I will be starting a business soon and I will have to fuel the business for about 10hours

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2023
motionarena:

That's because you do not have the foresight or intelligence to change your life with 20m.
I had around 800k with me 2 yrs ago and I know how I used it to transform my life talk not more of 20m.
How please?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2023
inoki247:

Lol you people are not getting it if you inverst the 20m you will still look like a Poor man cause the investing will not even allow you to touch the money....

What I'm saying is 20m will still mak you look like a poor man bkuz investment alone you might not even buy ordinary Boxers from it so tell me how you're still rich when you've money but you can't touch if you touch it the money will finish rapidly if you use for investment you still have to suffer for long till you can have enough and something left....

20m is not money you make and you start thinking you've arrived you Neva reach anywhere....

Who are you comparing yourself with. Someone will definitely be bigger and smaller than you.

Your goal is how to turn the N20 million to N100 million, then to N200 million and so on.

98% of Bank customers in Nigeria have less than 500k in their account.
Less than 1% of working class Nigeria have a networth of N20 million.

Anybody in Nigeria that says N20 million is nothing must have a minimum of N100 million.

N20 million is a good starting point.

As per thinking that will N20 million one has arrived, that is the cause of our problem.

Dangote sef never talk say he don arrive.

It is a journey and not a destination.

We are always in a haste to celebrate before the celebration

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2023
222Martins:
The internationally accepted definition of a millionaire is $1million in networth; that is N740,000,000. What this means is that regardless of the country you find yourself; whether USA, UK, UAE, Spain, Canada, etc, you can live comfortably as a millionaire. That's why i laugh at people who feel they have arrived with their Venza and N2M account balancegrin grin grin grin
you guys would come here and talk rubbish.
Any proof to back up that you have to be a millionaire in dollars before you'll be accepted as a millionaire?

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
you guys would come here and talk rubbish.
Any proof to back up that you have to be a millionaire in dollars before you'll be accepted as a millionaire?

That is the currency for international trade.

One million naira does not make one a Naira millionaire, making a million and above as investment income does .

To make N1 million as investment income you should have a minimum of N10 million as an investment asset
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2023
Pipefitter:

A plot of land in the deepest part of my village in Anambra is nothing less than 10m. I am from Ichida in Anambra
lies! Pants on fire!
My cousin even bought a land in close to lagoon in Lagos last year for 700k.

I bought "1 and a bit above half" plots of land in my village in Asaba, Delta for 1.350k million.

A dude I know in Umuahia, Abia bought 2 plots in a marshy/swampy area for 300k each.

Another also bought 3 plots in Nsukka for 1.3, 1.5, 1.5 million each.

Cheap land still dey. You can't tell me your village is bigger than all these places aforementioned.

6 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2023
YoungLionken:

You see, this is one of the problems I have with the Igbos. Where in Nigeria (whether west, south or north) deepest village, would a plot of land cost that much undecided??

I think the Igbo elders should sit and address this money-money syndrome, that is rampant in the east...
Don't mind that guy... He's either lying or dunno what he's saying.
How can you get a plot of land for 10 million in erosion-ridden Ichida?3 to 5 mill can get you decent lands in decent places in Abia and delta

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Laurene: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

That is the currency for international trade.

One million naira does not make one a Naira millionaire, making a million and above as investment income does .

To make N1 million as investment income you should have a minimum of N10 million as an investment asset
You're being canny, the topic isn't talking about net worth rather having 1 millie in account.
Once you have up to 1 million in your account you're a millionaire until it drops.

Stop long talk.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
You're being canny, the topic isn't talking about net worth rather having 1 millie in account.
Once you have up to 1 million in your account you're a millionaire until it drops.

Stop long talk.

Okay oooo, if one million naira in your account makes you millionaire. A big congratulations on your status
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by alizma: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Wodu89:

Maize and Cassava cultivation
Thanks
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by 2paid2Bmad: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2023
77up:
When you see people rushing to insult people like this, just know they are either one reckless over fed kid or senseless old man.

Even as I'm talking to you now, part of the location selling now in my company are spread across Oyo, Ogbomoso,Osun and Kwara and trust me , you will even get change from 1m with 1acre at some of these location, all you need is leave it for some time to appreciate and cash out later. I have where you can start building now that you can get 2plots with that 1m in Osun.

When I said you can get plots of land or even acre in a surbub area, I know what I mean and intelligent people already understood not some numbskull like you, now get lost fool.

So I should leave my business thriving among urban civilization to go and build a useless house in a remote godforsaken place…You just want people to buy your damned land that omo nile wouldn’t let you own in peace.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by Larry1960: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
lies! Pants on fire!

I bought "1 and a bit above half" plots of land in my village in Asaba, Delta for 1.350k million.

A dude I know in Umuahia, Abia bought 2 plots in a marshy/swampy area for 300k each.

Cheap land still dey. You can't tell me your village is bigger than all these places aforementioned.

Abeg where you wan see land for Asaba for 1.35M nawao Abi na ibuzor or okpanam village you go buy land
FYI lands are very expensive in Asaba
If you don't have like #10Million and above you can't even buy 100 by 50 (450 sqm)
10Million land sef bush go still dey small

Even immigration side towards ibuzor 100 by 50 (450sqm) is 6-10Million and I bet you that place na still bush e never develop
Lands from Coker down to ibozor road is hovering now between 20-40Million
Depending on the axis in that ibuzor road
She na okpanam road wey be no go area land na like 150Million for major road

Am sure that land you bought is the outskirt of asaba

Mariam babaginda way 100*50(450sqm) na 70-80M
Malaysia estate land na 40-50M
Airport view land na 40M upwards
Asaba lands are fucking expensive

2 Likes

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by clarion30(f): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2023
Complete am 1.2m, come IMO state make I show you land
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by humberjade: 11:49am On Apr 07, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
and whatsoever you put on it has to be visible from a quite distant, putting a foundation of low depth won’t mean nothing unless the structure goes a bit high. You must spend 700k bro I know this for a fact because the land opposite my building at oko afo is on sale for 950k and the young guy showing interest needs that amount to put something on ground.

See ehn, the main reason for having something going on on the land isn't for so that people can see from afar, its main purpose is for it to put a potential buyer off without solid documents. For example, if I am taken to a land, and I see something going on there, I will ask more questions than I would on a virgin land. Virgin lands can easily be resold by communities, but lands with activities on it won't be. So that's the whole idea.
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by markidoo(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Send me the 1m on Monday and on tuesday morning.
I will send you 2m immediately.
I have one sure 3 odd from mayor of ekiti.
your Twitter handle follow back @nypdinc
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2023
seanwilliam:
can you expatiate?
will you run it yourself?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Hello, mind telling me why you said fuel go hit 570/ltr? how did you come to this? because I will be starting a business soon and I will have to fuel the business for about 10hours
any business that would require light is not advisable to do. The reason bhe said so is because subsidy would be removed in less than two weeks.

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
How please?
Business
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
Your friend that bought slow to the Lagos should be ready to spend on the foundation plus prepare a canoe if he decides to stay there.
Laurene:
lies! Pants on fire!

Where in Asaba?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
Laurene:
Don't mind that guy... He's either lying or dunno what he's saying.
How can you get a plot of land for 10 million in erosion-ridden Ichida?3 to 5 mill can get you decent lands in decent places in Abia and delta
Where in Abia & Delta?
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Larry1960:

Abeg where you wan see land for Asaba for 1.35M nawao Abi na ibuzor or okpanam village you go buy land
FYI lands are very expensive in Asaba
If you don't have like #10Million and above you can't even buy 100 by 50 (450 sqm)
10Million land sef bush go still dey small

Even immigration side towards ibuzor 100 by 50 (450sqm) is 6-10Million and I bet you that place na still bush e never develop
Lands from Coker down to ibozor road is hovering now between 20-40Million
Depending on the axis in that ibuzor road
She na okpanam road wey be no go area land na like 150Million for major road

Am sure that land you bought is the outskirt of asaba

Mariam babaginda way 100*50(450sqm) na 70-80M
Malaysia estate land na 40-50M
Airport view land na 40M upwards
Asaba lands are fucking expensive
Ugbolu is even 25m with abeg
Re: What Valuable Item Can 1 Million Naira Really Buy In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
IyaTola:
will you run it yourself?
hmm no . But what different does it make? And with capital of 1m, on average how much can one make per month ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom International Mall Ready For Inauguration (Photos) / Max Air CEO, Mangal, Is Dead / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.