Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri (17003 Views)

N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Johnken1234: 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
What we are practicing in Nigeria is as good as Military dictatorship. We are not practicing democracy anyway neither are we being imperfect in it.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by phorget(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
Almightyprosper:
The funny things is Atiku Have rigged before
Obi have rigged before
Tinubu out smart them perfect πŸ₯°
To be honest you guys should remember my username. One day God will make me a leader
How one becomes a king doesn't really matter
Rigging election doesn't means you're not a good leader. You can't let the bad people have their way.. if someone can't be coning, dishonest how can you win the president. Isn't a seat of honest men

Presidency has been won with honesty in sane climes, Nigeria shouldn't be used as a yardstick in politics or in anything at all!
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by chaloskyx: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Actually a perfect military dictatorship that brings jobs strengthens our economy provides basic amenities and security is better than any democratic government Nigeria has ever had infact most of the infrastructure we are enjoying was build under the military our current democracy only benefits those in the political class and circle like you it in no way represents our interest or makes life better for the common man that's why you continue to support it cause the current set up feeds you
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by phorget(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

And then what?
You just like killing and you're not even man enough to do it yourself

Lol...
So I should just start killing to prove a point abi?
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ogbe88(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
This idiot is talking, a coup is on its way already, just want it to be as that of 1966, capture those elders, flog and arrest them.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ogbe88(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Raccoon, don't supporr bad thing because your candidate lost.

As for me, Buhari and Nzeogwu wronged us by removing civillian goverments.

If you want to go back to arbitrary rule by decree and active oppression because your candidate lost an election, na you do yourself.

Some of us are angry tinubu won. Personally i am annoyed. But as i told someone who was once saying that army should overthrow GEJ , it is wrong to think that way.

And army rule by all indications made things worse for Nigeria
Nzeogwu, did nothing bad, his intentions where pure, he wanted a better country, by eliminating those idiots at the top.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nolevel666: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2023
NoToPile:
It's those that haven't experienced military regime that are calling for it, all the year 2000 upwards pikins.

What use is your democratic system that has turned Nigeria to a banana republic?

Where i work in a government hospital, only the structures built by the military has stood the test of time.

Your civilian government only award flimsy contracts in order to steal money.

Common 15amps plug them nor go fit buy better one.

The other day a full operating theatre got burnt down all because of a faulty wall socket they refuse to buy quality materials to fix for once because they know they will still cash out from the burnt theatre.

To hell with civilian government.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by odinga1of: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
MrColdsweat:
Does this man have nothing else to do with his life?

Na the Ethiopian wife they feed am now. So let him spend all his life on twitter. cheesy cheesy
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ogbe88(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

How much power should am infinitude have?
Is it him that said you should not wield your power?

Did he say you should be weak? And lazy?

How did he town civilians into spineless individuals.
Na him say make you no get liver

and you foolishly think you can talk and defend yourself against the military
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

which military Regime has made good use of power.
anyway me I be soJa before So e pay me

I go fit deal with fools like you with no consequences

And you thin military will not force themselves on your dumb ass?

You cannot rig where you're not popular
That's the difference

kindly shut up.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2023
ogbe88:
kindly shut up.
no
You shut up
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
phorget:

Lol...
So I should just start killing to prove a point abi?

At least we would know you are worth taking into consideration

Just as long as you understand You don't have monopoly of killing
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Dicado: 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ijaya123: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
An unconstitutional democratic government is same as a military government or even worse.

What is bad is bad and must not be allowed.

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme. It is above any person, advice or thoughts.

I believe there is a temporary point we can get to as a nation. Then we do the needful to ensure the right leadership according to constitution takes over.

Please show us the unconstitutional democratic government?

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by phorget(m): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

At least we would know you are worth taking into consideration

Just as long as you understand You don't have monopoly of killing

Why should I kill when there's no need for one.
Killing could aswell be ambiguous, if there's war today believe me that killing would become a right.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
ogbe88:
Nzeogwu, did nothing bad, his intentions where pure, he wanted a better country, by eliminating those idiots at the top.

Yes, and 4 years later, millions were dead.

If he really wanted things to be better, he should have resigned, and joined politics then, and articulated his views to Nigerians, and if Nigerians did not want to hear him, so be it.

Welcome to democracy. Like now, I don't like it that Nigerians follow people like Tinubu, Atiku , Obi and company, and I think the system is corrupt , and I think Nigerians don;t want to wake up and start doing the right thing....and in this election that meant telling Tinubu, Obi , Atiku and Kwakwaso, and Wike to go and sit down, and voting for other parties...to upset the system...but most Nigerians have shown where their hearts lie.....but it does not mean I would support a coup....because at the end, it amounts to me forcing Nigerians to follow my views, and that is worse than anything Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku or Obi or even Wike are doing now.

The truth is, Nzeogwu failed not because he was wrong, because he misunderstood Nigerians. Nigerians vote not for good governance, but for things like patronage, loot, and hope that the big man on top is someone close to their tribe. And what he saw as clearing the house of the corrupt...and the first republic was corrupt....people saw as removing their benefactors, and cutting their chance a at getting a share of the national cake. Result...civil war that led to millions dead.

I don't like the current system, but until I am ready to get my lazy ass and convince Nigerians, and be prepared for them to laugh and abuse me, and even after that come back and try some more, till people listen, and then we can go and change things......coup is wrong. Nzeogwu committed treason, and we live with the effects of what he did on January 15 1966 to this day.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by HellVictorinho7: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
degamonn:
.That's what those who benefit from ill system always use in deceiving the masses.
If what we are practicing in Nigeria is what is referred to as democracy, then I prefer military regime.
what u prefer is not better, same bastards will be faced
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Bfly: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Military regime is far better than an imperfect democracy. Just check those decrees.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ameduedwin: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing β€œAgbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

People who witnessed Buhari’s military regime can testify to this.
that's what is good for Nigeria now, this democracy is useless in Nigeria
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Allisgud: 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
Under military we never had one issue of insecurity like bokoharam,nothing like substandard project, nothing like godfatherism
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
An unconstitutional democratic government is same as a military government or even worse.What is bad is bad and must not be allowed.The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme. It is above any person, advice or thoughts. I believe there is a temporary point we can get to as a nation. Then we do the needful to ensure the right leadership according to constitution takes over.

You don't understand even the basics of the constitution. There's nowhere in the constitution where it says interim or military government should take over if a sore loser refuses to concede and accept the outcome of an election. No where.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ashez:
That's ur own opinion,
So because you prefer an imperfect democracy that sees an individual wield more power than he ought to, and also turns the civilians into spineless individuals, that can't talk or even defend themselves cos of fear of arrest from the so called imperfect democratically elected (if actually they were elected or rigged in per say) selfish politicians. I say No, I rather stick to a perfect military regime that openly takes power and makes good use of it and favour the populace, than forcing yourself on me as an elected democrat, what's even the difference that you rigged urself into power knowing fully well that the people didn't vote you, and the same military grabbing the power to ruleAre you not worse than the military?

You go to court to prove that it was rigged. If you FAIL to prove rigging, the president-elect will occupy the office. If you are not okay with that, then the same military you're calling to take over will shoot you in the head if you try to overthrow the democratically elected government. Get it?

But since, according to zombidients, LP has more polling agents that APC and PDP then it should not be hard to show the courts that the results from LP polling agents show that peter obi actually won MOST of the states that was won by Tinubu. At least enough states to give Obi the most votes and the needed spread. FAILURE to do this means Obi and his pangolo lawyers will be thrown out of the courts.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
MasterJayJay:
A fugitive on the run. If Buhari is not acting like a military dictator, you would have visited Nigeria several times.Visit imperfect democracy of Buhari, let's see.

I don't think Reno is running because of Buhari. I think Reno is running because during GEJ presidency, Reno stole some government funds and hence he is afraid that if he returns he will be arrested and charged to court. Get it?
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
Quest7777:
... &the best is a democracy where no mandate was stolen. cool

You will have your day to prove that Obi's mandate was stolen. If you FAIL to do that in court, God will punish you and Mr. Obi.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ashez:

My thoughts exactly, you steal a mandate that doesn't belong to you through democracy, and yet expect people to accept you, does it make sense at all Reno na the biggest fool of all times

You will have your day to prove that Obi's mandate was stolen. If you FAIL to do that in court, God will punish you and Mr. Obi.

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bobloco:
But Nigeria is not practising Democracy

Because Obi lost election?

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2023
History555:
Wat is the difference between 24 years of democracy and 35 years of military rule

You get to vote who becomes your reps and executives EVERY 4 years. That's a huge difference.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dpharisee:
Democracy without proper mandate is robbery

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bahamas95:
Bloody civilians!

No difference between military regime and the agberocracy Nigeria is practicing now......Those wearing agbada are even worse than khaki guys.

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Bobloco: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Because Obi lost election?

This is not democracy and you know it

It's not about whether Obi lost the election or not
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Jamalson(m): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
An imperfect military rule is far better than Buhari and APC dictatorship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Violence Took Place In Saraki's Community- Head Of Community / Kudos, Knocks As Governors Hit First 100 Days In Office / Amaechi: FG Needs $656 MillionTo Complete Lagos-Ibadan Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.