Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri (16996 Views)

N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DodadaKoKigbe: 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bobloco:
This is not democracy and you know itIt's not about whether Obi lost the election or not

Then if its not about Obi, give your reasons why Nigeria is not practicing democracy.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
ogbe88:
Nzeogwu, did nothing bad, his intentions where pure, he wanted a better country, by eliminating those idiots at the top.
There were no Ibo idiots only Yoruba and Fulani ones?

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ogbe88(m): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Yes, and 4 years later, millions were dead.

If he really wanted things to be better, he should have resigned, and joined politics then, and articulated his views to Nigerians, and if Nigerians did not want to hear him, so be it.

Welcome to democracy. Like now, I don't like it that Nigerians follow people like Tinubu, Atiku , Obi and company, and I think the system is corrupt , and I think Nigerians don;t want to wake up and start doing the right thing....and in this election that meant telling Tinubu, Obi , Atiku and Kwakwaso, and Wike to go and sit down, and voting for other parties...to upset the system...but most Nigerians have shown where their hearts lie.....but it does not mean I would support a coup....because at the end, it amounts to me forcing Nigerians to follow my views, and that is worse than anything Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku or Obi or even Wike are doing now.

The truth is, Nzeogwu failed not because he was wrong, because he misunderstood Nigerians. Nigerians vote not for good governance, but for things like patronage, loot, and hope that the big man on top is someone close to their tribe. And what he saw as clearing the house of the corrupt...and the first republic was corrupt....people saw as removing their benefactors, and cutting their chance a at getting a share of the national cake. Result...civil war that led to millions dead.

I don't like the current system, but until I am ready to get my lazy ass and convince Nigerians, and be prepared for them to laugh and abuse me, and even after that come back and try some more, till people listen, and then we can go and change things......coup is wrong. Nzeogwu committed treason, and we live with the effects of what he did on January 15 1966 to this day.
The Major's coup was not a failure, it's we Nigerians that are stupid, we keep doing the same thing over and over again, this our democracy is loopsided/ one sided, it's not for the poor. So a good military or good regime with good programs/Constitution is welcoming for now, that's would last for 6 months, then to me fresh elections should be conducted again.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by ogbe88(m): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
[quote author=omonnakoda post=122181049] There were no Ibo idiots only Yoruba and Fulani ones?[/quote I don't want any stupid/tribal talk here, those guys went for corrupt leaders, even some ibos where arrested and locked up.

Initially the idea was not to kill anybody, some resisted arrest and it prove fatal. While other's just did it out of anger to kill.

So go read up your history.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by obyrich(m): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
Is it military that sent you on exile? grin
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by chinchum(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
goodness4ever:
Omokri is right. Those of us who were old enough to witness military regimes would never wish the country should go back to that dark, draconian era.
it would be worse now. Military ruler will have to shut social media to be able to breath and rule , also civil protests would be met with violent resistance. I witnessed a bit of military behaviour in early and late 90s even though i am less than 4 decades old. I can not wish military rule on my enemy, even though i sometimes fantasise about Nigeria governed by a smart benevolent dictator, i quickly jolt my self to reality.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by bjdon: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
chinchum:
it would be worse now. Military ruler will have to shut social media to be able to breath and rule , also civil protests would be met with violent resistance. I witnessed a bit of military behaviour in early and late 90s even though i am less than 4 decades old. I can not wish military rule on my enemy, even though i sometimes fantasise about Nigeria governed by a smart benevolent dictator, i quickly jolt my self to reality.
You are very wise indeed. As I've said before, only those who did not live under the Military from 1984 to 1999 will be calling for a return to that kind of govt.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ebony2King: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

Really

So why did ppl jubilate when military left

You must think everyone is stupid like You

You may have enjoyed military Cos you were looting with them

We did not
So shut it

Fucck off u idiot! People jubilated when military left because they felt democracy would be better. But on experience the fake democracy we have today, I’m sure they yearn for military regime once again

But what do I expect. U are an indomie generation kid, so u know nothing John Snow
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by babatunji36117: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
.That's what those who benefit from ill system always use in deceiving the masses. If what we are practicing in Nigeria is what is referred to as democracy, then I prefer military regime..That's what those who benefit from ill system always use in deceiving the masses. If what we are practicing in Nigeria is what is referred to as democracy, then I prefer military regime....
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by drololaaof: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1641403723179077632
So thuggery, killing and maiming etc is allowed? Because you benefit from the action of politico brigandry.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by emanobis(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abacha's and IBB's military regime are better than Buhari's best.
If there's any hope from the military government, it's better.
Your likes are afraid coz Ur utterances and excesses will be put to check...afraid already
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Melagros(m): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
degamonn:
.That's what those who benefit from ill system always use in deceiving the masses.
If what we are practicing in Nigeria is what is referred to as democracy, then I prefer military regime.
I dey tell you, seconded
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Melagros(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obalacam:
I prefer the military any day anytime compare to this shame we have as democracy
Seconded
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Melagros(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ashez:

My thoughts exactly, you steal a mandate that doesn't belong to you through democracy, and yet expect people to accept you, does it make sense at all Reno na the biggest fool of all times
It doesn't at all my brother
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by DOM7: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Is just a mire statement, not the Nigerian type of democracy.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Alexis11: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2023
Godwin4444:
one of those supporting military regime on this site, I checked through his post n topics n I realize he was in jss 1 in 2015

Lets assume he was 12 years in 2015 plus another 8 ears meaning d boy is less than 22 n he didn’t witness what abacha n co did

He’s probably been fed by his parents n wit is posts es learning a trade

So it’s obvious he doesn’t know the meaning n implication of what he’s saying

One of them was in primary 5 in 2016.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing “Agbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

People who witnessed Buhari’s military regime can testify to this.

And you think military rulership at this age will take same fate?
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by chymeze: 5:31am On Mar 31, 2023
Cromagnon:
what is the will of the ppl. We want tinUbu.
Why is your way the will of the people?
You think the ppl are on social media in the villages?
You go school now

Act like it
Please say YOU WANT TINUBU. Stop generalizing. You can't claim people want a man who was rigged into power in what has been declared the worst elections in Nigeria's history, an election that every international observer has claimed to be flawed.
Like I always say, I hold nothing against Tinubu. My candidate must not necessarily win the election but the point is, anyone that must become president should do so on a free, fair, credible and transparent basis. And then everyone, even the opposition, would have no choice but to accept him as their president. It's common sense.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by bdon12: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
How I wish Pandoras can reason like human being
No we pandoras are super humans....we dont reason like agberos
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by longayink: 11:31am On Mar 31, 2023
bjdon:

Change takes time. Already we can see the start of restructuring. States now have the right to generate their own electricity for example. We need to keep moving forward.

So long as the lopsided distribution of states in Nigeria remains, no political restructuring was done. Too many states were sowed like seeds in the far north of Nigeria by northern military dictators purposely to milk proceeds from oil and gas to the far north, and in the process, political overrepresentation in national affairs went to the far north.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 4:06am On Apr 05, 2023
Ebony2King:

Fucck off u idiot! People jubilated when military left because they felt democracy would be better. But on experience the fake democracy we have today, I’m sure they yearn for military regime once again

But what do I expect. U are an indomie generation kid, so u know nothing John Snow
Make military mistakenly come back. I will find you and make you pay fit this comment then you will know the difference bayern military and democracy
De run ya mouth
You will see indomie them and you will vomit
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 4:09am On Apr 05, 2023
phorget:

Why should I kill when there's no need for one.
Killing could aswell be ambiguous, if there's war today believe me that killing would become a right.
You don't even know what is going on but freedom of speech sha
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by sweerychick(f): 4:52am On Apr 05, 2023
Amotolongbo:
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing “Agbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

People who witnessed Buhari’s military regime can testify to this.
and yet the same people voted him again
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Ebony2King: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
Cromagnon:

Make military mistakenly come back. I will find you and make you pay fit this comment then you will know the difference bayern military and democracy
De run ya mouth
You will see indomie them and you will vomit

You’re a stupid idiot to threaten me. Do u think every one here on nairaland is ordinary? Try any nonsense with me and I’ll put u where u belong. Bastaard
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
chymeze:

Please say YOU WANT TINUBU. Stop generalizing. You can't claim people want a man who was rigged

proof of rigging
We voted for him massively

. into power in what has been declared the worst elections in Nigeria's history, an election that every international observer has claimed to be flawed.

every election is declared the worst by the losers
They all said it was fine at the beginning

Like I always say, I hold nothing against Tinubu. My candidate must not necessarily win the election but the point is, anyone that must become president should do so on a free, fair, credible and transparent basis.

define free (nobody was barred from contesting), fair (the same rules applied to all), credible (what does this mean), transparent (did they not count Votes in front of voters)

. And then everyone, even the opposition, would have no choice but to accept him as their president. It's common sense.
it ain't common
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ebony2King:

You’re a stupid idiot to threaten me. Do u think every one here on nairaland is ordinary? Try any nonsense with me and I’ll put u where u belong. Bastaard
Wait fess let military takeover then we will know who is who
Shebi you like tyranny
We will Teach you a hard lesson
Breakfast for everyone that votes foolishly
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Cromagnon: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

And you think military rulership at this age will take same fate?
Where has military rulers been different
Small pikin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits St. Charles Borromeo Hospital In Onitsha, Donates N10m / Akeredolu Holds Thanksgiving Service For Successful Inauguration / Real Reasons Petrol Scarcity, Queues Returned To Nigerian Fuel Stations- PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.