Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri (17000 Views)

N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Godwin4444: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing “Agbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

People who witnessed Buhari’s military regime can testify to this.
one of those supporting military regime on this site, I checked through his post n topics n I realize he was in jss 1 in 2015

Lets assume he was 12 years in 2015 plus another 8 ears meaning d boy is less than 22 n he didn’t witness what abacha n co did

He’s probably been fed by his parents n wit is posts es learning a trade

So it’s obvious he doesn’t know the meaning n implication of what he’s saying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Racoon:
There are countries who have witnesses civil and military rule with good progress and development. However, that is not a reason for Nigeria to allowed flawed and bastardized democracy because of the fear of military regime.

Raccoon, don't supporr bad thing because your candidate lost.

As for me, Buhari and Nzeogwu wronged us by removing civillian goverments.

If you want to go back to arbitrary rule by decree and active oppression because your candidate lost an election, na you do yourself.

Some of us are angry tinubu won. Personally i am annoyed. But as i told someone who was once saying that army should overthrow GEJ , it is wrong to think that way.

And army rule by all indications made things worse for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by SmartPolician: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
How I wish Pandoras can reason like human being

If languages like this are still permitted on Nairaland, it means that it's okay to call that man who got a fake certificate from Chicago the Druggie. I cannot imagine not calling him Druggie. The name too sweat, abeg 😃😃😃
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Iam214(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Better military than a corrupt drug dealer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by bewla(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:
These Gen Z pikins who were born and started knowing their left from right when Obasanjo started wearing “Agbada” to rule Nigeria won’t understand what a military dictatorship is.

A simple analogy for them to understand, can they just imagine rtd General Muhammad Buhari ruling Nigeria with no opposition at all and having the absolute power to ban social media, kill anyone without trial, install sole administrators in each state and be whipped by security men on the road for not obeying rules and order.

Change money and give notice of two weeks

No body there say pim
Throw fela mama from. Store building
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by StraightGaay: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:

The same people voted for him
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by COMPAQ(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1641403723179077632

I disagree! Some of the countries that made the swiftest advancements did so under a millitary government or pseudo dictatorship. Examples are:

China
Malaysia
Singapore
Rwanda

For a people as undisciplined, corrupt, religiously and ethically divided as Nigerians, a good dictatorship that can lick us into shape is not a bad idea and for me might be better than this rudderless democracy we are operating!!

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Way4orward: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
No. Nigeria needs military service at this point
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Henry22(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
And this scammer using Leah sharibu's name to cash out on unsuspecting individuals is still calling this mamood yakubu selection a democracy.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by caracas: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amotolongbo:

Sharap
A good military regime is far better than a good democracy how much more a bad one.
The kind of wide spread corruption n incompetence in Nigerian democracy is usually not seen in military regimes. Yes there are challenges with the military government but it’s by far better than what we practice here in Nigeria n call democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Henry22(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Way4orward:
No. Nigeria needs military service at this point

For sure
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Godwin4444:
one of those supporting military regime on this site, I checked through his post n topics n I realize he was in jss 1 in 2015

Lets assume he was 12 years in 2015 plus another 8 ears meaning d boy is less than 22 n he didn’t witness what abacha n co did

He’s probably been fed by his parents n wit is posts es learning a trade

So it’s obvious he doesn’t know the meaning n implication of what he’s saying

That's the thing, many of us who saw army rule know it was bad.

I don't like this our democracy. Tinubu winning the election is a sign of how corrupt and imperfect this our democracy is. Apc and pdp and lp and NNPP are one and the same. But even then, God knows that army rule was ten times worse
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Johnson808: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
I pray it wont be too late before we appreciate the gains of democracy we are enjoying now...even though not yet perfect but far better than
Military rules...we have tasted two and know that democratic system of government is far better. Please dont work against the future of Nigeria..but demonstrate your grievances in line with constitution . A word is enough for a Wise.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by phorget(m): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
Military dictator only need to make a decree and things will be done appropriately, Nigeria has bastardized democracy to the point of making military dictatorship so appealing.
Why should the president has to go through the house of reps and senators(all these ones will be expecting bribes before signing their approval). I would rather have a military dictatorship who doesn't need anybody's approval before acting than Nigeria democratic rule that is all about who can embezzle the more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Peterobiisathie(f): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

If languages like this are still permitted on Nairaland, it means that it's okay to call that man who got a fake certificate from Chicago the Druggie. I cannot imagine not calling him Druggie. The name too sweat, abeg 😃😃😃
Pandora is a saint
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
caracas:

Sharap
A good military regime is far better than a good democracy how much more a bad one.
The kind of wide spread corruption n incompetence in Nigerian democracy is usually not seen in military regimes. Yes there are challenges with the military government but it’s by far better than what we practice here in Nigeria n call democracy.

And you think we will get good army rule in Nigeria?

Where do you.think the soldiers come from? Nigeria.

Better not make some of us who saw army rule laugh.

Corruption? No be the same thing wey happen under army rule well well? Looting? Live. Bad justice system? E dey kampe.

Your candidate lost because you guys were divided and tinubu exploited it. You have 4 years to kick him out by being ubited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Godwin4444: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Phantom233:
Corruption and impunity as seen in Apc led govts. is without measure in Democracy, nepotism is very high, cultism, kidnapping and terrorism cannot survive in military regime for two years. So I support military against this extremely corrupt nigerian Democracy.
u people dey fear n complain about ordinary tout like oluomo but u feel military is ok

Many of u don’t know what u are doing

2 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nimrod81: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1641403723179077632
Nowadays Reno Omokri only sounds rational when he is attempting to legalize a wrong that would benefit him. He has attempted to pacify all sides seeing his principal HE Atiku lost. You cannot continue to justify wrongdoing and lawlessness in a Democracy. If injustice and tyranny in our so called democracy (which is actually a dictacracy) continues, sooner or later a military intervention would be necessary to curb the outlaw tendencies of politicians and the shameful corruption of the Judiciary. We may not like it, but we seem to be heading there fast.
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nchenches: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
But not a democracy where the leader emerged from a most deceptive and fraudulent election process ever in the history of any country. A democracy headed by such a person is going to be worse than the the worst military dictatorship. A democracy with con men to occupy all aspects of Nigeria's government and its other institutions.

2 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
phorget:
Military dictator only need to make a decree and things will be done appropriately, Nigeria has bastardized democracy to the point of making military dictatorship so appealing.
Why should the president has to go through the house of reps and senators(all these ones will be expecting bribes before signing their approval). I would rather have a military dictatorship who doesn't need anybody's approval before acting than Nigeria democratic rule that is all about who can embezzle the more.

A decree like the one Buhari was making and backdating to have people jailed and executed?

Or the decree that essentially made Sharia civil law legal across nigeria?

Ok o.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Jessewizy(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Democracy, democracy. What exactly have we achieved in our 24 years of democracy.
I do not support an interim government though.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by farem: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Godwin4444: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
inoki247:
Lol leave doz jonz people I wish everybody that's calling for Interim Govt should be round up nd send dem all to Barracks for at least two month to go experience aw it looks like to be under military rule ..

no mind them

People wey dey fear mc oluomo dey call for military takeover
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by grtfem: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
How I wish Pandoras can reason like human being
You want the world to end?
Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Godwin4444: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

That's the thing, many of us who saw army rule know it was bad.

I don't like this our democracy. Tinubu winning the election is a sign of how corrupt and imperfect this our democracy is. Apc and pdp and lp and NNPP are one and the same. But even then, God knows that army rule was ten times worse
I wish they can read d book “the man died”

I think d author is Wole soyinka or so

Then their eye go clear

2 Likes

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Noblex2011(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
What is the difference?
Military or a useless democratic practice
Imposing someone i didn't vote for during an election period isn't different from being a dictatorship.
Democratic practises encourage all sort of stealing across all sectors
Infact, as a Nigerian, presently , there is limitations to how you can talk same thing to military era.
Infact, the way things are going in our country, one will think we are in military era.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by vacanci: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
An unconstitutional civilian government is same as a military government.

What is bad is bad and must not be allowed.

The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is supreme. It is above any person, advice or thoughts.

I believe there is a temporary point we can get to as a nation. Then we do the needful to ensure the right leadership according to constitution takes over.

That's why we must not allow that man from the East to steal Tinubu's mandate. He is doing everything possible to steal it, stretching his hands from the third seat to get to the front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Akpacha(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
That's the lies used by politicians. Thomas Sankara and Jerry Rawling remain Africa best leaders and these guys are military men.

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Blaze14k: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
So reno actually believe nigeria practice democracy?

1 Like

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by bjdon: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Only those under 40 will be calling for the Armed Forces to take over. It shows gross ignorance of our history.

Do you think things like End SARS would be acceptable under a militray govt? My advice to you the youths is to go and read history and see how the militray delt with Fela, Gani, Dele Giwa, the Anti-SAP riots, June 12 riots... go and read about all those events in our history and then ask yourself if that is really what you want.

I was, and remain passionatly anti Tinuub, but I'll happly see Tinubu as President with all his faults and imperfections, than any military person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imperfect Democracy Is Better Than A Perfect Military Dictatorship - Omokri by Godwin4444: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

You think military will hold election every month
You think you can talk on nairaland of this is military rule?

And you think military rule is good
Small pikin de worry you

De console yourself

you couldn't do a damn thing about Sars, boko, militants, cultists, ugm, kidnapper but it's military you want to show power

Learner
don’t mind them

Despite been a civilian president buhari blocked twitter n they were complaining n even insulting him

I wonder if they will say pim if military do anything

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can An Election Not Uploaded After 5 Months Be Credible? - Phrank Shaibu / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan / Bomb Defused In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.