Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (38896 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by frostylook: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2023
Topmaike007:
not only the Ikwere are the ones sidelining themselves we have the Anioma clans and mind you Ikwere is not a tribe but a Clan under igbo tribe.the aftermath of what happened in Rivers when Adekunle and Gowon run them street during the civil that's when they decided not to allign themselves and that's when oil have been discovered in there land they decided to be on there own..

Then on the part of Anioma that's Asaba, Agbor, Kwale, Oligbo, Ibrode, Ibusa, Gbanke, Igbodo, Igbuku, Illah, Isa-Ogwashi, Iselegu, Isheagu, Isikiti-Ishiagu, Issele-Azagba, Issele-Mkpitime, Issele-Uku, Isumpe, Kwale, Mbiri, Ndemiri, Ndokwa, and Abbi.
They wanted a state then and in 1996 some igbo politicians including Dr Ogbonanya Onu after getting to know that some indigenous igbo speaking clans will get lost into the north central if Anioma state is created outside Delta,then they drop the hope of enlisting Anioma with the likes of Ekiti, Kebbi etc to create Ebonyi state even almost 3-4 local government of igbo speaking clan eventually went with Benue to the north they'reUmuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium, but they still save the others and Ebonyi state was created instead of Anioma state and the elders in Anioma were unhappy and some started telling there children that they are not Igbos because they felt betrayed..

That's just the summary

Thank you for expatiating 👏👏👏
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by alhajiabdulbuha: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2023
Lol
jmichael259:
Ikwere is not Igbo
Ohafia is not Igbo
Ika is not Igbo
Owerri is not Igbo
Ngwa is not Igbo
Egbema is not Igbo
Izza is not Igbo
Okija is not Igbo

Nobody is Igbo. Did it stop them from marginalising you and raping your resources?

Make everybody rest abeg.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by alhajiabdulbuha: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2023
Thunder or bomb will kill u. Who told u that ikwerre are not igbos who originated from or migrated from Nkwerre in imo state.
vanitybutiwanti:
Why are the igbos so rude and aggresive , one event went as far as alleging that drug dealers caught abroad are ikwerre when we all know that ikwerre people don't travel and they don't have this money crazy ideology like the igbos. The people refuse to identify as igbos, why are you forcing them to be igbos, is it by force? That's how you guys are trying to force and co opt the entire Niger delta into your biafran nonsense. Stop trying to bully people to be Igbo, you guys lost the war in 1967 because of this obnoxious attitude.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2023
Sniper101:

Oh well. I can't say I've ever heard of all these places you've just mentioned.

Therefore, I rest my case grin
You don't know Port Harcourt if you have never heard of Abuloma,Isaka Borokiri, Bundu Ama, Amadi Ama,Tere Ama
and honestly you should keep quiet
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2023
sageb:

This your question is so hilarious

That's my maternal trybe and that's what we get to hear all all d time.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by alhajiabdulbuha: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2023
Obigbos are not igbos. U changed Obigbo to Oyigbo and many other communities in rivers state to make them forget that they were originally igbos. Fulani mumus

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by vanitybutiwanti: 7:46am On Jun 08, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
Thunder or bomb will kill u. Who told u that ikwerre are not igbos who originated from or migrated from Nkwerre in imo state.
Thunder will kill your father and your mother. Ikwerre people said they are not Igbo, why are you forcing them to be Igbo? Face your life and stop trying to force other people to identify with you.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Okhuadams(m): 8:01am On Jun 08, 2023
chrisxxx:
Greeting style
Ikwerre anu meka!

Dieli!!

This is how an Ikwerre man greets a gathering of other men:

Nderiya mma!

Oyoyo!!

This is how an Ikwerre man greets a gathering of women or an Ikwerre woman greets a gathering of other women:

Oro anu werum o! or Nde wem rishim duru eli!

Owe!!

This is how an Ikwerre woman greets a gathering of men:
When it’s morning you greet by asking; Iwhiala? Answer; Owe

When it’s night you greet by saying; Chibo

At any other time of the day you say either; Iziamu? Answer; Owe.or Nda? Answer; Oburuoma
But mind you ikwerri us not igbo
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ttipsy(f): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2023
jmichael259:
Ikwere is not Igbo
Ohafia is not Igbo
Ika is not Igbo
Owerri is not Igbo
Ngwa is not Igbo
Egbema is not Igbo
Izza is not Igbo
Okija is not Igbo

Nobody is Igbo. Did it stop them from marginalising you and raping your resources?

Make everybody rest abeg.
lol politicsr is. Indeed a weapon

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by maxzzo1(m): 8:54am On Jun 08, 2023
I have added more knowledge to DAT which have already about Ikwerres.....Meka my broda !!!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2023
hassan4:
Ikwerre is Igbo. Stop deceiving yourself. An Igbo clan that eminated from Nkwerre in Imo State. You speak Igbo, bear Igbo names, oberve Igbo culture and deny your identity cos of political divide.
I didn't want to comment on this thread but you made me.

I'm from Nkwerre and, on most of our major festivals we always have emissaries from Ikwerre and we usually attend theirs too

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2023
unisnaira:
You see your shallow mentality. Reason why most Rivers citizens and even Delta's and Bayelsans with enough oil resources don't want to associate or join Biafra because an Igbo man always see other south south Igbo related speaking region as inferior Igbo.

Igbo man with dominance mentality, reason Notherners and most Southerners treat you people as second hand citizen in Nigeria, never to taste Presidency and other important key power positions in Nigeria since 1999 till date.

You don't know some of the people who make these useless remarks are just other ethnicities trying to cause issues

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ebeano49(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2023
Ikwerre: A confused sub Igbo tribe. They are suffering from inferiority complex and identity crisis. They are trying soo hard to be accepted by Nigeria by denying their true identity. Half claim to be Igbo (like Amaechi), half claim to be Bini (like Wike). They speak Igbo, bear Igbo names, eat Igbo food, practice Igbo traditions but say THEY ARE NOT Igbo, just to keep the supporter of APC happy.
They can kill and betray their Igbo brothers to make Nigeria happy. Wike did it in Obigbo before Tambuwal show am pepper grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Shigishege2: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2023
thinkmoney:

Na una wey no sabi debate intellectually they always use this dey play phrase,
Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo, like Ondo and ijebu are dialect of yoruba
They have the same market days like Igbos, the same Gods and share same geographical area.
Ikwerre somehow are like bitter brothers. They are like modern day Ukraine to Russia.
Again I emphasize that, culturally, geographically, ethnically, biologically and linguistically they aren’t different from Igbos
oga go rest abeg
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 10:16am On Jun 08, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
My grandfather told me that ikwerre people have their origin from Nkwerre in Imo State. He gave me concrete proves. Who can disprove this? But the struggle by northern Nigeria to give River state a new identity that will make them erase the truth and history that they were really pure Igbos to enhance north's control of the major oil producing state in Nigeria.

I'm from Nkwerre. Whenever we have major festivals we always have emissaries from Ikwerre. The Ikwerre migrated from Nkwerre

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2023
GetSenseNow:

I didn't want to comment on this thread but you made me.

I'm from Nkwerre and, on most of our major festivals we always have emissaries from Ikwerre and we usually attend theirs too
. Emissary from Ikwerre?

Name one please

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Darkandhandsom(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2023
I stayed in ph for 30 years
justdream:

This is an APT summary. You sabi dem too well bros. One bottle of baby oku for u abeg.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Thisis2raw(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
larrybabanla:
I learnt ikwere people don't travel 🤷🤷
I live in ikeja, I moved from nyanya Abuja. My siblings live also here.
So get your fact right
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Thisis2raw(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:
. Emissary from Ikwerre?

Name one please
am from ikwerre, my mom and dad are both from pH here.
I can tell you that goat is lying
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thisis2raw:
am from ikwerre, my mom and dad are both from pH here.
I can tell you that goat is lying

I know
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thisis2raw:
I live in ikeja, I moved from nyanya Abuja. My siblings live also here.
So get your fact right
And there is

Ogbakor Ikwerre USA

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Otunbakayce: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mpanyi:

I hate this attitude of some my Igbo brothers trying to tell Ikwerre who they are or who they are not. They say they are not Igbos, at least majority of them say they are not, respect that please.
who gives a fvck about ibo people?
I olamide oluwakayode omo ......... From Ado Ora amukara sabe ewu jee doesn't give a fvck!

You all are Ibo's and worse still fake Ibos.
Omoibo fake!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by MorningStar233: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alvin212:
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

As usual you people's way of thinking is so funny, wetin bring second class or first class? Kai May God help u all
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by MorningStar233: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
Otunbakayce:
who gives a fvck about ibo people?
I olamide oluwakayode omo ......... From Ado Ora amukara sabe ewu jee doesn't give a fvck!

You all are Ibo's and worse still fake Ibos.
Omoibo fake!

Stop this nonsense!!! Will you force them to be what they do not want?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:
. Emissary from Ikwerre?

Name one please
What do you mean, "name one"??
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
GetSenseNow:

What do you mean, "name one"??
Name one emissary or who sent emissary?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:
Name one emissary or who sent emissary?
I can't name one. How do I do that, I won't go and start asking their names, would I?
I didn't tell you I was a member of organising committee.
What I said is my observation from the few festivals I've attended over the years.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
GetSenseNow:

I can't name one. How do I do that, I won't go and start asking their names, would I?
I didn't tell you I was a member of organising committee.
What I said is my observation from the few festivals I've attended over the years.
Define emissary?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by GetSenseNow: 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

Define emissary?
Bro you have an internet connection, you can always use Google. Google shows definition of a word you search for.

Here, I'll help
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emissary

An emissary is often a person who is sent somewhere in order to act as a representative.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Bro you have an internet connection, you can always use Google. Google shows definition of a word you search for.

Here, I'll help
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emissary

An emissary is often a person who is sent somewhere in order to act as a representative.
exactly my question

You made the claim

Who sent emissaries

To represent whom?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Thisis2raw(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:
And there is

Ogbakor Ikwerre USA
the dummy won't see that
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by sageb: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:

That's my maternal trybe and that's what we get to hear all all d time.

So you mean
Tonto Dike
Mercy chinwo
Monalisa chinda,etc no dey beautiful for eyes abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.