Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (38909 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2023
engrchykae:
lost igbos or wild igbos is what ikwerres is.
By adding the prefix R in every Igbo town can't do much
Is it only language? How about culture? Physical features and even market days and the way you name your days. Friend, you are a dialect of the wider Igbo people. You are just like the modern day Ukraine trying to dissociate from Russia because of politics.
Or explain please how you are different
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 12:03am On Jun 08, 2023
ewa26:

talk to me!!!!!!!’n let me feed you
feed me? I don't understand you

Feed me how?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 12:03am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

Feed me how?

I will cook you big pot of ikwere jollof rice ok
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 12:04am On Jun 08, 2023
okproro, magggi white and mustard will not be missing, em parsley and okporoko ok salt fish Norway Swedish waters reshot
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 12:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

Feed me how?

or would you rather be fed in fried pussy I can get you fresh from akwa ibom ya, would you like that? what are you saying?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by engrchykae(m): 12:08am On Jun 08, 2023
ewa26:

tell ruwerre rawka rnnewi rport harcourt rnkwerre dat, dis following boy this foolish new

non-ikwere people you are foolish grin
how come umuola became "R"umuola
Umuokoro became "R"umuokoro?
You think by adding RS to your names,you ain't Igbo?
Foolish lost igbos

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2023
engrchykae:
how come umuola became "R"umuola
Umuokoro became "R"umuokoro?
You think by adding RS to your names,you ain't Igbo?
Foolish lost igbos

i will cook you ronugbu r jollof r ukwa r abacha r distin, em soaked osuofia in London meat ok, with some maghull heavy Cumbria sausage and mash and rora and rakpu regusi with rogiri rokpei and rplantain ok

rfoolish grin

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2023
ewa26:

I will cook you big pot of ikwere jollof rice ok
go and play with your mates
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 12:12am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:
go and play with your mates

am not bub
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by engrchykae(m): 12:14am On Jun 08, 2023
ewa26:

i will cook you ronugbu r jollof r ukwa r abacha r distin, em soaked osuofia in London meat ok, with some maghull heavy Cumbria sausage and mash and rora and rakpu regusi with rogiri rokpei and rplantain ok

rfoolish grin
don't infect me with your" R" sickness
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by XAUBulls: 1:00am On Jun 08, 2023
ednut1:
Are you guys igbo And why were places name Umu changed to Rumu after the civil war. Rumukoro, Rumuola etc😁
The changes were made before the Nigerian Civil War of July 1967 to January 1970. Even before the war, Ogbako Ikwerre had identified themselves as a group of Ikwerre ethnic nationality and NOT Ibos.

The Ikwerre-born senior commander of the 3rd Marine Commando of the Nigerian army, Elechi Amadi wrote about this in his book on the Civil War. One of the threads on NL has the serialized version of his book.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Sniper101(m): 1:16am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

Abuloma,Isaka Borokiri, Bundu Ama, Amadi Ama,Tere Ama

Oh well. I can't say I've ever heard of all these places you've just mentioned.

Therefore, I rest my case grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ewa26: 1:21am On Jun 08, 2023
engrchykae:
don't infect me with your" R" sickness

grin grin
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by yom2(m): 1:32am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

When did Ibo. identity start. It is important to define what it means to be Ibo.If we accept the premise that it evolved over time that one day ,like a woman's breast it was not there and then another behold. We should have some period in mind e.g English language as we know it today did not exist 1000 years. ago. Nobody called themselves English . Today there is pidgin English and a Nigerian accent that did not exist 200 years ago. There is a Jamaican English and accent. Covid virus came and started mutating within a year.

I am sorry to say your thinking appears to be at an undergraduate level not evolved to do genuine independent thinking and these issues are beyond your capacity.

The essence of all cultures /language are very artificial and our understanding of how they arise or arose is limited.
A language can come from virtually nowhere or equally disappear without good explanation
oga u are only ranting and far from the point we are trying establish. What tribe is ikwere? What language do they speak? What's the closest cultural affinity?

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by yom2(m): 1:39am On Jun 08, 2023
thinkmoney:

Is it only language? How about culture? Physical features and even market days and the way you name your days. Friend, you are a dialect of the wider Igbo people. You are just like the modern day Ukraine trying to dissociate from Russia because of politics.
Or explain please how you are different
confused people. This happens only in that region.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by chrisxxx(m): 2:40am On Jun 08, 2023
Gajagojo:

Do Ikwerre practise female circumcision?

What are the main masquerades in Ikwerre land

Can women inherit land
Ikwerres in Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor do not practice . circumcision.
Although I have heard it happens in other parts e.g Rundele. Not sure although. Generally it is very uncommon except the example I gave which has not been substantiated.
Women by our culture do not inherit land. Let me throw light.
If a man has three children say two boys and a girl. If the man dies and doesn't have a Will the girlchild by custom won't have anything. Too bad. But if the man has only the girl child she inherits all the properties of the father. Nobody contests this with her. This also applies to the wife. The wife inherits the property of the husband in the absence of a male heir.
For land own by the kindred I mean the community women are never given share. Women only inherit landed property own by their direct parents in the absence of a male child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by chrisxxx(m): 2:43am On Jun 08, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Haba! E never reach to dey swear. You want to spoil this beautiful thread you created by yourself? It is quite insightful...learn to avoid some trolls on social media
Thanks.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Judolisco(m): 2:58am On Jun 08, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Exactly! They go as far as calling them 2nd class igbos. Who wants to get affiliated were he is not totally accepted?
exactly
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by BLoomfrancs(m): 4:15am On Jun 08, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:

Rumu is like in Ngwa Umu..means sons of etc.

Are you a f ool?

There is nothing like rumu. It is Umu, you f ool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by BLoomfrancs(m): 4:18am On Jun 08, 2023
chrisxxx:
I got this from an article contributed by Nhaoma Amadi. Hear from him.
My name is Nhaoma Amadi. Nhaoma means ‘Something good’.

My own name is Nyesor. Nyesor means The Heir Apparent. Nyesom as borne by Gov. Wike means the next. It is almost like the heir apparent. But in this case it is specific to the father. The language of the Ikwerres is Ikwerre; unfortunately, for some reason, I’m not as fluent as I’d like to be. I live in my town, Rukpokwu. Port Harcourt City is almost entirely Ikwerre land.

Some of our unique rites and customs include the following:

You guys are the worst set of Igbos.

Shameless to the extent of renaming your towns in accordance to the directives given to you by Hausa/Fulani.
And here you are exhibiting the same traits as your s tupid parents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by nick50(m): 4:25am On Jun 08, 2023
Igbos has many sub-groups such as. Nsukka,izzi, onitsha, ikwerre,etche etc but due to the civil war and the discovery of oil the British connived with the fulani and thier lapdog Gowon to divide and rule igbos by creating artificial boundaries and renaming places in igboland...ask an Anioma (Delta) man to explain to u the meaning of Asaba or ask an ikwerre man to tell u the meaning of rukpuoku or rumuokoro..recently they even tried renaming obigbo..me as an igbo man I understand ikwerre language more than Nsukka or izzi but while ikwerre deny they are not igbos Nsukka and izzi agreed they are full blooded igbos

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by alhajiabdulbuha: 4:39am On Jun 08, 2023
My grandfather told me that ikwerre people have their origin from Nkwerre in Imo State. He gave me concrete proves. Who can disprove this? But the struggle by northern Nigeria to give River state a new identity that will make them erase the truth and history that they were really pure Igbos to enhance north's control of the major oil producing state in Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by zoedew: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2023
Olodo24:
Owe means yes
Thanks. Little wonder the number of owe at Wike’s home coming reception about a week ago!😊

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by jmichael259(m): 6:12am On Jun 08, 2023
Ikwere is not Igbo
Ohafia is not Igbo
Ika is not Igbo
Owerri is not Igbo
Ngwa is not Igbo
Egbema is not Igbo
Izza is not Igbo
Okija is not Igbo

Nobody is Igbo. Did it stop them from marginalising you and raping your resources?

Make everybody rest abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by jmichael259(m): 6:16am On Jun 08, 2023
nick50:
Igbos has many sub-groups such as. Nsukka,izzi, onitsha, ikwerre,etche etc
..me as an igbo man I understand ikwerre language more than Nsukka or izzi but ikwerre deny they are not igbos

Simple facts @bolded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 6:32am On Jun 08, 2023
Modsarefools:

Who cares? undecided

Did it stop the rapid developments going on in the entire South-East region Ode ni Ode, A fool will always be a fool..

LIES.
The East is the least developed Region in Nigeria. That Region is the one drawing Nigeria backward.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Caleb15(m): 6:48am On Jun 08, 2023
Brownshoe:
JJC u never sabi quote
Jjc u never sabi quote
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by vanitybutiwanti: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2023
Why are the igbos so rude and aggresive , one event went as far as alleging that drug dealers caught abroad are ikwerre when we all know that ikwerre people don't travel and they don't have this money crazy ideology like the igbos. The people refuse to identify as igbos, why are you forcing them to be igbos, is it by force? That's how you guys are trying to force and co opt the entire Niger delta into your biafran nonsense. Stop trying to bully people to be Igbo, you guys lost the war in 1967 because of this obnoxious attitude.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Marries Zainab Ali Bashir (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.