Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (38883 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ManWater: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

All I know is that they originate from the Binis

Are you high on the drugs you smoke ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Alvin212(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by VinnyBaba: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Op,

I hear ikwerre Girls are Next to Tiv and Calabar Girls
When it comes to having Skill in Fcvking Dicks. tongue

Is it True? 🤔🤨

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Duchessree(f): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Whats the meaning of "Rumu" , a lot of places has rumu in them, e.g , rumuola, rumokoro,rumukini, rumosi. The first time i visited , i was like why does every where has "rumu" in it.

I also heard if you guys want to do party you guys will block road and you like selling your lands ( according to what people say)

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by HacheNoire: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
WoroSeeWoro:
Well they are sub igbo tribe no matter what

If you want to get a Ikwerre man angry, call him Igbo

Even when the language are very similar, they will never accept.

I always jokingly use it to step on their toes. They go very wild.

They will tell Etche is Igbo but they are not.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Brownshoe: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
I knew I was matured the day I walked passed an empty bottle of water without kicking it...

Out of joy I went back and kicked it, to celebrate my maturity.🤣

32 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Otunbakayce: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:
I got this from an article contributed by Nhaoma Amadi. Hear from him.
My name is Nhaoma Amadi. Nhaoma means ‘Something good’.

My own name is Nyesor. Nyesor means The Heir Apparent. Nyesom as borne by Gov. Wike means the next. It is almost like the heir apparent. But in this case it is specific to the father. The language of the Ikwerres is Ikwerre; unfortunately, for some reason, I’m not as fluent as I’d like to be. I live in my town, Rukpokwu. Port Harcourt City is almost entirely Ikwerre land.

Some of our unique rites and customs include the following:
Just another ikwerre slowpoke! You are all ibo people.
If you think you are not, then stop bearing Ibo names.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Dbestbrest: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Thank you for enlighten us to know more of Ikwerre tribe in Nigeria. You would have compressed the write-ups in one article before uploading it. The good message was passed. Nigeria is a beautiful place with diverse people from different tribes and this is what makes the country so unique. Once in a while, other indigenous people can follow suit as I expect this to promote oneness among us. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by zoedew: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
I noticed the word “Owe” is recurrent in the language. What does it mean and why is it that recurrent as the Ikwerre language is spoken.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by KarinaSlim(f): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ladies, if an Ikwerre person ask for your hand in marriage, u will agree?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nice one Chrixxx

But wait ooo
Why are Ikwerre women mostly ugly and their men handsome?

7 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:
Food
Our language has many words in common with the Ekpeye , Etche and Igbo people but we are neither any of them. We are a distinct ethnic group.
Your language does not have many words in common. Your language is similar to these languages. Don't try to downplay the similarity by mere words. But yes, Ikwerre is distinct.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ttipsy(f): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
Alvin212:
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

you are sick ! You want to start war abi. . Ibo discrimination among themselves
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ttipsy(f): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
zoedew:
I noticed the word “Owe” is recurrent in the language. What does it mean and why is it that recurrent as the Ikwerre language is spoken.
owe simple mean Yes " I agree

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
HacheNoire:

If you want to get a Ikwerre man angry, call him Igbo

Even when the language are very similar, they will never accept.

I always jokingly use it to step on their toes. They go very wild.

They will tell Etche is Igbo but they are not.
This is actually quite interesting. Ikwerre people will tell Etche people that Etche people are Igbo but that they (Ikwerre) are not. I thiink it's maybe because they feel Etche people and people in Abia and Imo have simiolar dialects.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Why are ikwerre people mainly cultists

19 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ekugbeh(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very wicked, violent, carry cult for head and they like oppression

18 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
I want an Ikwerre person to tell us the difference between Wike's Ikwerre and Amaechi's Ikwerre. As an Igbo person, I noticed that I find it hard to understand the Ikwerre from where Wike is from but easily understand the one from Amaechi's area.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Teeklef(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
I love the ikwerres. I lived among them and families are still there. Very wonderful people but no go dey do pass yourself o,dem get ogba for head😂. I stayed at Omagwa/igwuruta.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by jmoore(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:

Your language does not have many words in common. Your language is similar to these languages. Don't try to downplay the similarity by mere words. But yes, Ikwerre is distinct.
Ikwerre is distinct same way Ngwa, Nsukka, Abiriba, Onitsha are distinct.

35 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
KarinaSlim:
Ladies, if an Ikwerre person ask for your hand in marriage, u will agree?
Legends has it ikwerre men are not good in marriage. They see cheating as normal

And if you're a wife that doesn't understand that they supposed to cheat! Otiló for you ooo

7 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Mpanyi: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shigishege2:
Are ikwere igbo or not. Help us put this hullabaloo to rest abeg. We wan check something. grin Na supreme Court we dey now. Any ruling here na final.

He has already said they are not Igbos. Why ask am again?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by 36STATES: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
jamesversion:
Chrisxxx. Nice one. The issue with Ikwerre language and the use of it, is lack of standardisation. The language scholars of Ikwerreland need to create a standard/general Ikwerre.

That standard Ikwerre should be used as the official written and spoken forn of it. So that when in literary circle or platforms as this, there should be no ambiguity on what has been written as Ikwerre language.

Cos quite frankly, your clan language may not easily pass for mine. Tho similar in certain areas, there still exist some differences in the language words used and could easily confuse or maybe create a lapse in understanding for someone not from your clan.

Tho, to those well grounded in their clan languages, the dissimilar words used shouldn't be an issue but for someone like me whose both my parents are Ikwerres, I only manage passer-by Ikwerre.

I am not Ikwerrre, but I can see that his own Ikwerre is not a proper one. Proper Ikwerre is very very close to Igbo language spoken in parts of Abia and Imo states..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
jmoore:

Exactly

18 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:
I want an Ikwerre person to tell us the difference between Wike's Ikwerre and Amaechi's Ikwerre. As an Igbo person, I noticed that I find it hard to understand the Ikwerre from where Wike is from but easily understand the one from Amaechi's area.
Good question

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
jmoore:

While I agree, I think it's totally politically distinct and I think Ikwerre is too far gone to be classed as those other groups you mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by larrybabanla(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
I learnt ikwere people don't travel 🤷🤷

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.