Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? (22337 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by grandstar(m): 1:14am On Apr 03, 2023
Exmilitant:
No job offers from nairalanders advising you?

i am really high this hot sunday afternoon so, i will give my own irrational advise stemming from weed;

go back to your boss!

this time, target his money when the opportunity opens, make a run with his money... Establish yourself elswhere.

Don't mention... cool

I'd you have any sense ScottSummers

NEVER TAKE THIS ADVISE!!!!!!
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by litaninja(m): 1:55am On Apr 03, 2023
You haven't sued the boss and police for illegal arrest and detention?

ScottSummers:
Good day and happy sunday everyone

I work in a lounge in sabo and i'm paid 11000 a month.I have served my boss faithfully and dilligently for months during the course of my stay in this shop despite being owed salary.Even when other workers left citing underpayment and workload,i still stayed.
It happened that during governorship election season,our lounge was robbed.The robbers made away with 194,000 new naira notes my boss kept in his office. what was more shocking that the robbery was a clean one meaning the robbers had access to the key to his office.It's only me and my boss that have the keys so I was questioned and interrogated.I didn't know anything about it and so I said.I was beaten and bruised.
Nobody believe me say i dey innocent

Police came and i was detained.i was in cell for 13 days(i hear am for cell God)before being released last week.I was rold the culprit has been found.It was my boss mistress and brother that planned it.How they knew about the money is what i don't know.
My boss messaged me to return but i don't want to.I want to know if i'm making the right decision.Thanks.

PS:In case you have job for me,I stay in jakande in ojo.owu dey blow me.My number:08186844232
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Mustiboy(m): 6:37am On Apr 03, 2023
waploger:

Okay... I'll let you know if there is any opening
Thanks a lo t
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by torvickof1312(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2023
My Q is, do you have to think twice. You were polite in the chat upon the pains he was telling you that you aint serious ?

What is there to think about.... What the heck you wanna go and do there. The so call boss needs to apologize and you have right to sue him cos his mistress has the key through him and she knew of the money through him

Walk away you will get another job
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by desmond2255: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2023
Guy just return even if you are the one you will do the same thing, because you are the number one suspect, but him supposed apologize to you or you suie him
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by KlassikBlack(m): 6:46am On Apr 03, 2023
Bro, I won't advise you go back there. If you do, you've given him the rights to do far worse than that in the future, also consider the fact that jobs are really hard to get out there.

Him trying to call you back means he knows he can't trust another new worker, so you're in a good position to state your demand (ask for a pay rise or anything need), if he meets them, fine you can go back, and if he refuse, please leave. You have the work experience, look for somewhere else.

All the best
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Fairbanks(m): 7:16am On Apr 03, 2023
if I were u that was wrongly assaulted like u, I woul carry another police go arrest am and bn charged for an assault. He has to pay for assaulting u and defaming u. Pls arrest am and cash out first. Since u have been proven innocent and even this conversation is enough to defend u that he has really addmited that u are innocent. Why should u just suffer in cell for 13days innocently?
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by frozen70(f): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2023
ScottSummers:

I work in a lounge in sabo and i'm paid 11000 a month.I have served my boss faithfully and dilligently for months during the course of my stay in this shop despite being owed salary.Even when other workers left citing underpayment and workload,i still stayed.
It happened that during governorship election season,our lounge was robbed.The robbers made away with 194,000 new naira notes my boss kept in his office. what was more shocking that the robbery was a clean one meaning the robbers had access to the key to his office.It's only me and my boss that have the keys so I was questioned and interrogated.I didn't know anything about it and so I said.I was beaten and bruised.

Police came and i was detained.i was in cell for 13 days(i hear am for cell God)before being released last week.I was rold the culprit has been found.It was my boss mistress and brother that planned it.How they knew about the money is what i don't know.
My boss messaged me to return but i don't want to.I want to know if i'm making the right decision.Thanks.

PS:In case you have job for me,I stay in jakande in ojo.owu dey blow me.My number:08186844232

I think you cba go back to him, listen to him then,

Tell him you will come if he increases your salary and back it up with a letter and promote your position

Then wait for his response

You dont have to make yourself so cheap because of bad condition
Et h know that you served him and was serving him with all your heart and deligence
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by iyke2frankeze: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2023
Run for your life.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Sebgajere(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2023
He's so arrogant, asif he is paying u 200k. Oga go find another job
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by jozee8: 7:59am On Apr 03, 2023
dwilliams:
Walk into any lawyers office or human right office and explain the situation to them..... he will pay dearly for his negligence, so if the culprits were not caught them you might have gone to prison for s crime you know nothing about

I've waiting for such comment.
Go sue his stupid **s
He's got to pay for character deformation.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by AmazingELixir: 8:21am On Apr 03, 2023
lipsrsealed

Op sorry for your experience.

The disturbing issue the society and most commentators here have failed to beam their search light on has to do with the Nigerian police repeated use of torture as the readily available tool to investigate matters with near zero intelligence or forensic based investigations.

Nigeria must rise above these form of primitive practices by her security agencies and more importantly the judiciary and governing authorities must ensure there are consequences for these archaic methods.

Prosecuting police officers present severely tortured victims sometimes with bullet wounds on their feet in courts and the judges look the other way as if it is the normal.

Only in Nigeria you hear police officers threaten and brag to shooting people and nothing will happen just for trying to defend their rights.

I'm tired let me come and be going.

Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by gbokukueba(m): 8:22am On Apr 03, 2023
Get yourself a lawyer
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Babydaddymateri(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2023
If you go back to that job, mo ma a gbe e sepe nih
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Marpol2021(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2023
First time madridguy dey write sense....
madridguy:
If your story is genuine then you have no business there again.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by caesymore(m): 9:34am On Apr 03, 2023
Nwodosis:
He is underpaying and owing workers, yet he keeps a mistress!
grin
Typical Nigerian bosses
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by queenmorayo(f): 9:38am On Apr 03, 2023
That bad dear, his not even feeling remourse about it chaiiii God will provide you better offer that will be profitable to you.just accept that as your faith
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by oshorstan(f): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2023
You're under paid because you have a boss that doesn't have a heart. The system is a messed up one. Please don't go back. He is not a human , he will treat u as shit.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Jungpablo: 10:39am On Apr 03, 2023
ScottSummers:

Your boss is crazy….. 1500 for what exactly? Oga better quit that job, I wonder the kind advice you dey find.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by SweetyZinta(f): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2023
ScottSummers:

God will send your helper. He either increases your salary to 18k at least or you should look for another job.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Sparrk007(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
11k a month and 1500 for treatment..Omo run Na pure slavery
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Sleekfingers: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Go back for now while looking for another one. Better than sitting at home and begging cos you don't know when you'll get another job.

Also this is an avenue to raise the issue of salary increment.

Go back to where he was accused of stealing , arrested and detained for about 2 weeks ?
What happened to him is a big warning and a sign that something worst might happen to him , if he continue working there. ..
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
ScottSummers:

Should I help you escalate your story on a Facebook group of about 124k members where life issues are being shared just maybe someone might be touched to help u deal with this your useless boss..
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Timiblanko(m): 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
dwilliams:
Walk into any lawyers office or human right office and explain the situation to them..... he will pay dearly for his negligence, so if the culprits were not caught them you might have gone to prison for s crime you know nothing about

This is what I have been waiting to see.
Other comments are irrelevant to me.

If anyone can stand for him please do 🙏🏽

Justice should be served
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by EriMma1: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Go back to where he was accused of stealing , arrested and detained for about 2 weeks ?
What happened to him is a big warning and a sign that something worst might happen to him , if he continue working there. ..

Ok.. since he made this post, have you sent him anything to eat?

He should go back in the meantime pending when he gets another job. At least now the boss knows he's innocent and can't do such. So if anything happens he
Won't suspect or accuse him again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Sleekfingers: 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:

Ok.. since he made this post, have you sent him anything to eat?

He should go back in the meantime pending when he gets another job. At least now the boss knows he's innocent and can't do such. So if anything happens he
Won't suspect or accuse him again.

I don't owe him or anybody anything......why should I send him money?
Someone naked you in the market. But later gave you clothes at home to cover your unclothedness.......what would you call that ? Kindness or disgrace
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by EriMma1: 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Someone naked you in the market. But later gave you clothes at home to cover your unclothedness.......what would you call that ? Kindness or disgrace

Oh.. you owe him nothing but you're advising him to remain jobless? You try.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by EriMma1: 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Op, can you see what those who are advising not to go back are saying? That they owe you nothing... You better use your brain.
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Sleekfingers: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:

Op, can you see what those who are advising not to go back are saying? That they owe you nothing... You better use your brain.

Yes, I owe him nothing. He seeked for an advice. And that's what I have given him.... So it is left to him to do what's best for himself.
Shikena
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Tochimartins17(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
So you want to go back to him?

The 11k comes with accomodation bro[/quote]
Re: Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? by Pauladex(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nkan be! Why do you decided to waste away like this? this is not job, this is high level slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? / HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Lagos State Civil Service Recruitment, 2016 - Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.