Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself (26331 Views)

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number / Please How Do I Stop This Number 251 From Calling My 9mobile Line / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by tribeofdavid(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
I faced this issue before.
It's a malicious hack.

Reset your phone.
Beware of cracked apps.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by reiddecuti: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Isn't it obvious some may have hacker into my Sim?

Visit mtn office and explain to them, let them run a test on your line through their computer.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by freeborn02: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
illicit:

Na God dey call u so o abi na u dey call God

Put am for Android phone maybe he go do video call

Hmmm God Calling
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Bornboy4: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
I receive calls from unknown foreign numbers at night too.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by donprinyo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
change ur screen or buy a new phone
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Babaibeji2020(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
You've downloaded a malicious app that has a malaware that's stealing your airtime. It happened to me!
Delete all recently installed apps, if that doesn't work, backup your phone content on a laptop, factory reset the phone,then reinstall the contents though being careful not to reinstall any suspicious newly installed apps 👍
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by elawman(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2023
You are not alone on this. They only flash my line but it does not affect my airtime. This is a line that I have been using since 2004. I started experiencing this when I inserted the sim in Sony Xperia Z.
I must have blocked more than 50 of such foreign numbers.
Which type of phone do you use?

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Galaxydon1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
[quote author=Endeared post=122274650]Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come aexperibout that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th[/quot[center][/center]e] please what's 2fa, my wife is experiencing a similar thing
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Emekaterry: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hahaha, my glo line has been dialing itself.i suspected that it has been hacked, it lead to Whatsapp banning the line, I don't know what to do and I blocked the line since 3 days ago. It was calling all sorts of foreign numbers.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by famousroland(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Remove the screenguard, remove the pouch, if the problem continue, check if your touchpad is ok…
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by PaulH07: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand

E fit be the beginning of madness oh...
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Emeka71(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Has your Sim dialed and make calls on its own before?

Mtn Sims are no longer safe for use...my opinion.

Those retail agents registering and selling sim cards are not to be trusted..my opinion.
So right.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Toluabigr8(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
I had same issue early this year, The only solution that would resolve it is to do TOTAL FACTORY RESET ON YOUR PHONE.

Thank me later
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by CJStarz: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
My SIM is about 15years old. Same thing happens to me,my number calling itself. It happened twice this evening. It started last month or so when I joined NL and curiously clicked into a certain link here on NL. Since then I stopped that shit. Infact,they used my number to create a strange WhatsApp group. I didn't know until someone notified me. I had to carry out another 2_step verification on my WhatsApp. It stopped afterwards only for me to experience another autocall.... calling my own number! If it repeats, I shall visit MTN office tomorrow.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by tunsho4u(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
It's calibration issue. Go and fix it
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by daniwise(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Just last week here,I tried making calls and was told I was owing about 2400 plus.This is about the second time this is happening,I think criminals have formed cartel in mtn .Hand go soon touch una .
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Ensa777(f): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Throw the phone away,I experienced it with my Gionee phone.called MTN and they told me my phone was the culprit.akept managing it until it started borrowing 3k from my Airtel and MTN Sims at once.I painfully stopped using it
trchno,infinix and Gionee are responsible especially Gionee.aeven flashing it will not stop it.

I suffered oo. Even when I'm sleeping I will be hearing your account balance is lo for the his call.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by pooozeee(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2023

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Ensa777(f): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Evergreen4:
My Sim is an old Sim. I started using in 2006. So I don't really know . but I think those people doing it are scammers. I think they got our number online maybe from forms that we filled online. Even they've tried hacking my whatapp several times

Throw the phone away.It made me banned on WhatsApp,G WhatsApp and Telegram.
WhatsApp CC told me the phone was sending spam calls/messages which the app interprets as attacks thereby banning it.

Throw it away before it spoils things further
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by joe4christ(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Oga simply password your sim and your problem is solved. Reboot your phone and make sure your sim prompts you to apply the password upon reboot
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by joe4christ(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
CJStarz:
My SIM is about 15years old. Same thing happens to me,my number calling itself. It happened twice this evening. It started last month or so when I joined NL and curiously clicked into a certain link here on NL. Since then I stopped that shit. Infact,they used my number to create a strange WhatsApp group. I didn't know until someone notified me. I had to carry out another 2_step verification on my WhatsApp. It stopped afterwards only for me to experience another autocall.... calling my own number! If it repeats, I shall visit MTN office tomorrow.

Just be careful with your bank cos if your bank linked sim is under their control they could easily access your bank and empty it

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Oyerinde16(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
A Virus software is installed on your phone... Once your phone is connected to the internet, they can control your phone remotely
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by PAQ(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Hmm...i suspect.

I bought the Sim from Mtn retail shop..those roadside sellers. Even before i could get the line working after registration it took days...according to the agent "na network".

I believe your sim card has been cloned. You are in a dangerous situation here because they could act on your behalf, receive 2FA codes to access your accounts, make calls or send SMS. You could be impersonated and framed for a crime you did not commit.

Unfortunately, you can’t unclone a SIM card. You should contact your service provider to block your number and get a new SIM card. Check your device for any installed spyware. If you are using and android phone reboot into recovery mode, if you see a custom recovery and you didnt root & install it yourself then your phone is hacked.

I'll suggest you make a complaint to the nearest police station and EFCC office just to clear yourself of any future problems. Download the "eagles eye app" and make your complaints/disclaimer to EFCC. Save it just incase, atleast you have cleared yourself of any future wrong doings by the impersonator.

Go to MTN office and get a new sim or change your number/service provider. Activate 2FA on all your personal accounts and change passwords to your social handles. Your privacy maybe compromised.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by PAQ(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
joe4christ:

Oga simply password your sim and your problem is solved. Reboot your phone and make sure your sim prompts you to apply the password upon reboot

Everyone should do this to their sim. Its called a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code. Its used to unblock your sim everytime your phone restarts or the sim is taken out. Failure to put the right code 3 times will render the sim card blocked permanently, you'll have to get a new one. Its a necessary feature to protect our sim cards from theft, swaps or cloning.

Its worth a shot but i believe changing the sim card is his best option.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by WantsandMore: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand
Op download "Incognito " app to scan your phone to be sure there's no Spyware/Malware with unauthorized access in your android phone. Also what's the make of your phone? I'll recommend a backup of essential data(sms, contact, etc) and firmware flash. If you're in lag0s rush go c.v
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by justking(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
Remove ur phone from auto-redial.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by bizhop01: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Funny which ghost?
Latest scam on board, your phone will automatically make call and your airtime will rundown
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by fortunechy(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Y dear,ur phone is in auto dial. No big deal.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by fortunechy(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
My dear,ur phone is in auto dial. No big deal.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Omolomo4eva(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Run o! The ghost is angry. Don't want her Sim to be used. Remember the film Evil Dead
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by CJStarz: 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
True,bro. Thanks for the advice.

joe4christ:

Just be careful with your bank cos if your bank linked sim is under their control they could easily access your bank and empty it

Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday / Top 5 Smart Phones With Long Lasting Battery Life In Nigeria / Poco M4 Pro 5G Unboxing, First Impressions And Price (photos)