Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself (26324 Views)

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number / Please How Do I Stop This Number 251 From Calling My 9mobile Line / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by HussenAdul: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
Check if ur phone settings is in auto redial.
If it is in auto redial, the phone will automatically redial any phone number that was unavailable
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by nedekid: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
Your keypad is bad.
As for the strange short calls from abroad. Those are premium rate numbers. You go online, get the number, you then generate calls to that number by flashing people. When they call you back their lines are charged at a high rate eg 1-3 dollars per minute.
The company then shares the money with you as agreed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Streetmovement(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Your sim card is cloned, go get a new one and deactivate every account connected to the sim.

If someone has cloned another person's SIM card, not only do they have the ability to receive their incoming texts and calls, but they can also send outgoing texts and calls using their number. This means they could impersonate them to gain access to important accounts, or even scam the victim's contacts.

The problem is from the sim and not the phone.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by optimusprime2(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
Two Questions;

1: Is the phone a second hand phone (or does anyone have your imei number)

2: Is the SIM card yours I.e registered under your name
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by dheolexaone(f): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
Your SIM is an akudaya SIM.
Very rampant in MTN service provider.
Throw that SIM away or buy a new one.
You are not safe but wait, how much u get for account grin
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Jerewise332(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
These days I got calls from strange numbers
Recently there's this number that calls me with some strange kind of language that I do not understand even when I told the caller that it's wrong number, he'll not stop calling. I just observed a nag once
When I woke up I saw about seven missed calls from this same number.

Hmm these days things dey happen oo
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by dontiky: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand
your line has been hacked into. And it someone very close to you who did that. I use to do that to my elder brothers when I was in the university. I remember my brother complaining that mtn was taking his credit.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by ogashman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Isn't it obvious some may have hacker into my Sim?

There is nothing to worry about..... Ur SIM has expired and u need to do a SIM swap or welcome back.

Exact thing happened to me a month ago but mine was only sending SMS on its own to random numbers...infact some called me at that period sternly warning me to stop sending him SMS.

I was banned severally on whatsapp and was also being achatted up by foreign numbers.

My mtn network disappears and returns intermittently.

When I had time two weeks ago, I went to mtn customer centre, and they told me I need to Change that SIM..... I did, and since then it has been working well.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by BENEAMATA: 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
OP , the answer is there among the list of the foreign numbers you blocked , no 4 precisely , Traore , the body of DIALLO !
(Wyclef jean singing ) ; " enemies , on the border ( foreign ) land . . . . . . ."
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Lampass(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand

Your MTN sim has been clone, I experienced that untill I took my original CD starter pack to MTN head office in my state and went straight to the managers office.

On seeing me with that old starter pack he knows am the original owner. To cut the story short someone else was using the sim, what helped me was that I've never done a welcome back before. So I gave them the history of the line, year I bought it locations I've gone with it's and all that.

So after all the confirmation, they blocked the other person and I was issued a new 4G sim with 4G data and it was link to my NIN and all necessary registration. That was how my line became normal

I hope this will help you
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by olisaEze(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Goan have sex gaddemit, your batteries are running so low even MTN has noticed! You wan to kii yasef?? grin
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by adymumila1992(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Evergreen4:
My Sim is an old Sim. I started using in 2006. So I don't really know . but I think those people doing it are scammers. I think they got our number online maybe from forms that we filled online. Even they've tried hacking my whatapp several times
Have you ever open a message with the title "unknown sender" if yes, then your phone has been hacked and the hacker had gain access to your phone, he can do whatever he likes with your phone provided that your data is own or maybe your SIM has been cloned. And your best option of solving this ish
1. If the issue is SIM cloning, then you have to do sim swap aka welcome back or
2. If the issue is from your phone, then you have to hard reset or wipe the phone clean via the settings in your phone.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Harmless1b(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
If its happening while ur phone is in locked state, pls go see ur pastor angry
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by micflo28(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Firstly find out if your line is not on roaming and if it is not on sim swap. Your line could have been swapped without you knowing. 2ndly if your phone location is on, and your device sharing setting is one, someone can use either your old and lost device to control your current device or another device to do that. Finally, your sim registration details can be used to do this. Check if your call forwarding has been activated, deactivate call forwarding and outgoing calls without your permission
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by olumided: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
I am also in your shoe. There is this Chinese Android 7 version (360) I am using that never sleep in a day, it usually keeps dialing strange number and it has been wasting my airtime like kilode. Till now, I have not had his time to give it a thorough reset.

But, I will advice you reset your phone to factory settings.

Endeared:

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
Check are there Yahoo boys within your vicinity

Do you hear people around your gate at mid night say 1am discussing idly and quietly

Sometimes they use the identity of your sim to commit crime and it's not just MTN but all Nigeria Sims .

I don't know whose server they are manipulating or the lawyer they have been calling.

You hear them talking about flash drive working and not working once in. a while.

My advice is to set a pin on your sim and get a net blocker
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by jackmrandy: 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

possible your phone is malfunctioning. no ghost is dialiing any number. luck your phone screen and see if it will happen this night? and by the way you didn't tell us if the screen if your phone is good or not . or if its lucked. cos your maltrass could possibly be doing the magic and you are liking it to a ghost.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by sunnysnow: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2023
You have a Spyware on your device.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by billyG(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
My own is my glo network kept leaving my phone for days,If I leave my hood d network will appear.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by rtdCivilservant: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
WildChild00:
Did you ever drop your phone number here in nairaland or on any public forum? If yes I subspect, that is the reason, and I can proof beyond reasonable doubt.
Scammer, na u!
I want to place a curse on all 8scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by WildChild00(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Scammer, na u!
I want to place a curse on all 8scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00

https://www.nairaland.com/5581961/scam-alert-avoid-calm-scammer#124783487

Olashile Aina Afuwape just do s simple google search copy and paste the name
Olashile Aina Afuwape on Google and see the result, he has been scamming people for the 8yrs, we have his Access Bank account too, also google it to see 0707091000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by rtdCivilservant: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
WildChild00:

https://www.nairaland.com/5581961/scam-alert-avoid-calm-scammer#124783487

Olashile Aina Afuwape just do s simple google search copy and paste the name
Olashile Aina Afuwape on Google and see the result, he has been scamming people for the 8yrs, we have his Access Bank account too, also google it to see 0707091000
WildChild00
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by rtdCivilservant: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
I want to place a curse on all scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by emmatuegbe(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
1st, uninstall all 3rd party apps. After then, reinstall the trusted ones
2nd, remove your sim from call divert/forward (##002#). use *# 62 to check whether your calls have been redirected or diverted without your consent.
3rd. insert security lock on your sim
4th, file a police report about the incident, before you will be charged for crime you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by alamin0506(m): 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Have you had of Wangiri call before?

See little you need to do about it below.

Wangiri is a Japanese word that means 'one ring and drop', and that's exactly how it works. Fraudsters using this scam will ring you from a premium or international number and leave a missed call, in hope that you'll call them back. If you do, the fraudster will try keep you on the line for as long as possible.

What to do if you're on MTNN network.

Kindly screenshot the call log showing the time of call and share with below number on WhatsApp.

0803 200 0175
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Mayeldah(m): 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come about that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th

Did you buy this phone from these guys that sell used phones from cars packed at bus stops? If yes it is bugged phone. Just throw away the phone and buy original new phone from accredited phone sellers.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by GRACEGLORY: 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Observe to see if your phone runs on data, and increase in temperature, Hacked phone.

Restore to factory settings.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by ceejay80s(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

It's not the sim, it's the phone if it's Gionee phone .....run for ur life , same happened to me with that phone
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Jesusmylord(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
I had similar experience years ago. Someone was using that particular number before, maybe he/she lost the sim and waited for more than 3 months before retrieving it. During that period, mtn reproduced the same line, and I guess that is what you are using.

You and someone are using the same line. When you recharge, the airtime displayed at both ends, anyone who is faster uses the airtime. That's why your balance is empty when you recharge without using it.

The only solution is to go get another line, if not, you will be doing father Xmas for the person.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by bamitinn(m): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
It also happens to me
It's because you either use GBwhatsapp before that's why, so you will have to factory reset your phone to be able to use WhatsApp without getting ban again

Endeared:
Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come about that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Biola67: 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
Use iPhone you go say people wey dey use am dey use am do shakara. Na the result be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nokia 8 Is Official : Its Dual Camera Boasts Zeiss Lens And OZO Audio / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC / 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.