Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself (26328 Views)

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number / Please How Do I Stop This Number 251 From Calling My 9mobile Line / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by MICVOCT(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
nedekid:
Your keypad is bad.
As for the strange short calls from abroad. Those are premium rate numbers. You go online, get the number, you then generate calls to that number by flashing people. When they call you back their lines are charged at a high rate eg 1-3 dollars per minute.
The company then shares the money with you as agreed.

I see! grin

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by o123456789(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand
See the solution to your problem here https://www.nairaland.com/7784297/why-should-bothered-mobile-phone Note that a premium phone number can only flash you but can't use your airtime or WhatsApp or control your phone. You have been pwnd!
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by poiZon: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come about that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th
Had exactly this experience with the oppo phone I got from jumia.
U won't even see the call dial, the next thing is flash SMS on the screen showing call summary.
Once I check my balance, everything is gone.
I blacklist numbers tire, e no work.
WhatsApp banned me, used my mum's line to open another account, that same day I was ban.
Twitter banned me too...
Don't know what I was checking, I went to jumia inbox and realised the oppo phone I bought as brand new was actually refurbished phone.
Don't know whether that's where the issue was from..
But this new phone am using, haven't experienced such yet.
I pray someone share lasting solutions to this issue

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by poiZon: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Isn't it obvious some may have hacker into my Sim?
Exactly, the numbers r not saved in call history...
All u will see is flash message pop up on the screen and disappear.

No trace, but Ur airtime is gone.
Even if u have 200k airtime, it will vanish in less than 2mins
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by CaptainFM1: 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand

Have you activate password for your sim? If not better do it now. They can as well wipe your bank account if you don't as a matter of urgency.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by CaptainFM1: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
poiZon:

Had exactly this experience with the oppo phone I got from jumia.
U won't even see the call dial, the next thing is flash SMS on the screen showing call summary.
Once I check my balance, everything is gone.
I blacklist numbers tire, e no work.
WhatsApp banned me, used my mum's line to open another account, that same day I was ban.
Twitter banned me too...
Don't know what I was checking, I went to jumia inbox and realised the oppo phone I bought as brand new was actually refurbished phone.
Don't know whether that's where the issue was from..
But this new phone am using, haven't experienced such yet.
I pray someone share lasting solutions to this issue

Here's the lasting solution...you've got to create exclusivity for your line by putting password on the sim itself....

Have you activate password for your sim? If not better do it now. They can as well wipe your bank account if you don't as a matter of urgency.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by themanderon: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
I also have the same issue of strange foreign numbers flashing me on MTN. Methinks it's a data breach from MTN because I don't use the number to browse and I don't even have it on my Android. It is my main line and I use it on a small phone because I use it for my banking transactions so I don't get stories that touch. I wonder how are those numbers are still calling me when I don't use the Sim to browse?
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by ibinaboonline: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Slawomir, u don hear am?
Endeared:
Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come about that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by blaqsainz(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
Am very sure that you are using a GIONEE S9, S10, S11 lite, if so then its a normal thing
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by blaqsainz(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Am very sure that you are using a GIONEE S9, S10, S11 lite, phones if so then its a normal thing. India version
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Turn of your phone while going to bed let's see what will happen next.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Pvin: 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

You must have downloaded whatsapp from untrusted site.. Especially GB whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Pvin: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Endeared:

You must have downloaded whatsapp from untrusted site.. Especially GB whatsapp. I can fix it for you

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by segradino(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
I experienced same issue. The problem originated from refurbished China phones. I had two Sims on my phone one was hacked and the whatsapp was banned. The other Sim had SIM Lock and was not affected, and my WhatsApp Business was safe.

Solution- if you can't replace the phone immediately, activate a SIM lock. My advice is throw away the phone if it's a refurbished OPPO, Gionee, xiaomi, Huawei...
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:01am On Aug 09, 2023
It flashes me too, remove your phone on auto redial.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by waploger(m): 1:25am On Aug 09, 2023
Endeared:

OP, it's either you're using an Oppo,Gionee, Vivo or Huawei phone.... Just root the device
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 3:12am On Aug 09, 2023
waploger:

OP, it's either you're using an Oppo,Gionee, Vivo or Huawei phone.... Just root the device

Na techno camon I dey use...so I should trash it?

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 3:13am On Aug 09, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
It flashes me too, remove your phone on auto redial.

Lol every airtime disappears too

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 3:14am On Aug 09, 2023
segradino:
I experienced same issue. The problem originated from refurbished China phones. I had two Sims on my phone one was hacked and the whatsapp was banned. The other Sim had SIM Lock and was not affected, and my WhatsApp Business was safe.

Solution- if you can't replace the phone immediately, activate a SIM lock. My advice is throw away the phone if it's a refurbished OPPO, Gionee, xiaomi, Huawei...

Tecno camon...I bought from spar good Friday

1 Like

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Zeal0000007(m): 5:23am On Aug 09, 2023
Josephagada03:
I'm experiencing the same thing too. My whatsapp is always banned.
baba u borrowed money from those online loan apps and u didn't pay , that's d penalty for not paying back, that's what those online loan sharks are doing now to violators . I'm a victim as well, they send in an imsi coding to ur number and from there ur phone dials different numbers just for them to get back at u , so ur credit will be finished without u knowing, and also too u will be banned on WhatsApp. That's what those loan sharks are doing now.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by immortalmortal: 5:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Check your sim settings and make sure it's not on call divert
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Zeal0000007(m): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2023
immortalmortal:
Check your sim settings and make sure it's not on call divert
baba u borrowed money from those online loan apps and u didn't pay , that's d penalty for not paying back, that's what those online loan sharks are doing now to violators . I'm a victim as well, they send in an imsi coding to ur number and from there ur phone dials different numbers just for them to get back at u , so ur credit will be finished without u knowing, and also too u will be banned on WhatsApp. That's what those loan sharks are doing now.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Vikalinda(m): 6:12am On Aug 09, 2023
Jamesbiodun:

Seriously I have never heard something like this before, try put your sim in another phone if it happened like that again just go to Mtn office to make complaints

The right thing to do
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by jrusky(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2023
Get a new sim. End of story
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2023
If you can the numbers back, your airtime will disappear. After the number flash you, don't call back, just delete it.
Endeared:

Lol every airtime disappears too
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by CDMHELPDESK007: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2023
Ha, you better check the spiritualoo, hum, use this deliverance prayer of Servant Victor David
and see God in action on that your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnx7S2FLVRI
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Silentgroper(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2023
Dshocker:

You must have clicked on a virus link they sent to you, through text message...

I get this alot on my mtn ...

one of my dumb friend said it is the way the send their browsing settings .

I was like , why would mtn send a configuration settings and the recipient says unknown sender ...

Omoh , it's either I keep piling up the message or I delete them asap ...

I've got two that I'm trying to upload but my browser dey do like weyrey
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Silentgroper(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Your sim card is cloned, go get a new one and deactivate every account connected to the sim.

If someone has cloned another person's SIM card, not only do they have the ability to receive their incoming texts and calls, but they can also send outgoing texts and calls using their number. This means they could impersonate them to gain access to important accounts, or even scam the victim's contacts.

The problem is from the sim and not the phone.
what abt bank account ...

my mtn is linked to my bank .. but I don't use my bank's bank app though...
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Streetmovement(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Silentgroper:
what abt bank account ...

my mtn is linked to my bank .. but I don't use my bank's bank app though...

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Only if they have access to your bank account?

Is anything happening to your account or sim?
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Simple99: 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
This is not sim card problem, it's phone problem. I am experiencing such too with my phone now. If I put the sim in another phone it stops. From my investigations so far, I noticed is a MALWARE.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by poiZon: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Here's the lasting solution...you've got to create exclusivity for your line by putting password on the sim itself....

I don change phone, am not experiencing it anymore.
By the way, I activated SIM lock before I even bought that oppo phone
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by TGLINKS(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
My dear d same tin d happen for my phone ooooo. I Don go mtn d say nothing d can do d worst be say my 2 line Glo/ mtn is Baned for more Dan 5 months now some times d will open it for like 3 to 4 hrs and baned it back bot with fingers print and 2 times verification still. For now I no d do whatsapp again even registered new airtil b4 d day break kpakam banned again. Any directions on what to do will be welcome from any thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday / Top 5 Smart Phones With Long Lasting Battery Life In Nigeria / Poco M4 Pro 5G Unboxing, First Impressions And Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.