Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka (37511 Views)

Why Presidency Always Respond To Atiku Statements But Choose To Ingnor Peter Obi / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by BlueMurder(m): 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

Soludo would be acceptable to the North as he's not viewed as bigotic. But will he get the support of his region? History has shown that they dislike intensely, their brothers who have goodwill in the North.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by emaduka: 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
You talk like a baby once political elites release information to manipulate atmosphere you jump at using it as a proof to explain things you dont know about.

Is that real voice of oyedepo am asking you. Can you defend that audio if you are called to proof its authentic.

You are easily manipulated by political jobbers or are you one of their social media agent.

Some of you have not played politics will come out saying what you dont know to influence little minds

The same people created audio of so called atiku, okowa and Tambuwal planing to rig election using CBN. Did they rigged the election as fake audio said.

Pls stop all these write up you alway do

quote author=LegendHero post=122288590]Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard. [/quote]
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by emaduka: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
You talk like a baby once political elites release information to manipulate atmosphere you jump at using it as a proof to explain things you dont know about.

Is that real voice of oyedepo am asking you. Can you defend that audio if you are called to proof its authentic.

You are easily manipulated by political jobbers or are you one of their social media agent.

Some of you have not played politics will come out saying what you dont know to influence little minds

The same people created audio of so called atiku, okowa and Tambuwal planing to rig election using CBN. Did they rigged the election as fake audio said.

Pls stop all these write up you alway do
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by DaCharis2016: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
This is a real human being.

Despite the level of corruption and poverty in the country, some certain individual cannot still be bought.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Diligent1(f): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:

Obi is the most divisive politician of this era. Since 1999, no politician is as divisive as Peter Obi, not even Buhari is that openly divisive.

Man is a religious bigot who openly waged a religious war all in a bid to win the presidential election. Luckily for us, his supporters don’t have the electoral numbers to win an election.

The only person with the mandate is Tinubu. On his mandate, we’ve been standing since 1999.

Insha Allah by May, he will be sworn in as the next president of Nigeria and insurrectionists like Peter Obi will be put to shame.
Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by tyboy(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
Peter obi have a genuine, clean purpose and agenda for Nigeria but the followers are the problem
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by bal4real: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
RockHard:

Dey play. Same reason why Ibos' refused to vote for Olu Falae (who happened to be the choice of majority of yorubas) and voted Obasanjo instead, is why Peter was and will always be rejected by majority of Nigerians. Peter Obi was rejected in yorubaland (and the North) during the last presidential elections because we could see that he's a bigot, so he can never be president of Nigeria coz he lacks the requisite pan-Nigeria spread.

If an Iboman will be president, he must be one that most Nigerians would feel comfortable with, not a bigot like Peter Obi. So you people must come to terms with the fact that the rest of Nigeria will be the ones to decide the best Ibo to be president, not you bigots in the SE. Know that and know peace.
Obi was rejected in yoruba land and the North, yet he won lagos state, the drug baron's stronghold, despite all the voter intimidation and supression. How come? Obi also won Abuja, yet he was rejected in the North. What happened in these two states, how come? Bitterness and hatred towards igbo will always becloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
DeTruthh:

And by political strategy, you mean bribing INEC, deploying thugs and rigging the elections I believe.
😂😂😂😂😂

Because that is the only thing the thief is obviously good at. Before the elections, I had thought there was something politically special about him but now he's a big embarrassment to me. I wonder how the idiott was able to control Lagos all these while.

I guess it was by controlling the states resources.

But he's now the president naa😂!!
He made the necessary alliances,let not even talk about the political structure of APC.

LP never stood a chance.
It's Good that the OBI came out though.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
RockHard:

Dey play. Same reason why Ibos' refused to vote for Olu Falae (who happened to be the choice of majority of yorubas) and voted Obasanjo instead, is why Peter was and will always be rejected by majority of Nigerians. Peter Obi was rejected in yorubaland (and the North) during the last presidential elections because we could see that he's a bigot, so he can never be president of Nigeria coz he lacks the requisite pan-Nigeria spread.

If an Iboman will be president, he must be one that most Nigerians would feel comfortable with, not a bigot like Peter Obi. So you people must come to terms with the fact that the rest of Nigeria will be the ones to decide the best Ibo to be president, not you bigots in the SE. Know that and know peace.

You speak like someone who is deranged
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Zeezenho:

If political strategy is this type of bola Ahmed\APC type of strategy then nigeria is gone
😂!! Na lie Nigeria will be fine.
The opposition are the ones causing problems sef

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by PAWG(m): 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
babzo:
Finally someone is talking some sense.

After elections?
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Ikpaitid: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
The presidency will never go to the South East, it will always be contested for by eligible Nigerians and the South East will never win.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
pedel:
Obi should have stayed in the PDP. He should have made consultations, and ensure Nyesom Wike dropped his ambition.
Greed won’t let the SE politicians do what is necessary to get power back to the east.
I don’t understand how a whole tribe will sleep and point heads in the same direction.
Power won’t go to the SE If they play the same type of politics in 2027.

Shut up pls. . . the whole country is protesting to register their rejection of you and your principal.

Sorry that you had to go protest because people weren't congratulating the mandate thief

Ntoor
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by onuman: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:

I will never insult Prof Wole Soyinka because he is a patriot.

He is from the Yoruba school of thought who believed we should concede to the Ibos to foster national unity. Prof. even had to dare death during the civil war to visit the East which led to his detention.

Bro, Peter Obi CANNOT be elected president in Nigeria, not now and not in 20years. His time is spent already, wake up to reality.

Online we do hear Yoruba Christian/Muslims from Ibo people who try creating the divide, we never knew it’s a direct assignment from Ibo leadership like Peter Obi. For him to strategically try to drive a wedge between SW christians/Muslims shows the kind of asinineee character he has.

One good thing I love is that people that share the mindset of Prof in the SW don’t have the power to effect anything. Anything they say is just for academic purpose and the school of thought that wield power in the West have a different approach to the Ibo question.

Since you believe that "people who have the mindset of Prof Soyinka in the SW don't have the power to effect anything," are you then proud of people like Tinubu who forfeited drug trafficking money to the US, and whose true age, schools attended in the SW, and how he became wealthy, are unknown, effecting everything in the SW? Too bad. Typically from one of the SW Tinubu urchinns - poorly educated. Indirectly insulting his Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Poll23: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
It can only go there when they change their way of politics nt d nonsense they're displaying now...hatred for others coupled ethnic and religious bigot will always hamper their chances
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Everlastingson: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

Quit speaking evil of Peter Obi. Every idle word you speak against him you shall give account of it. And your judgement is near. Be careful and be warned. Peter Obi was raised by God to do a work in Nigeria. Leave him alone or He that called him will soon judge you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by EmmyCC: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Obi just draged the South East presidency backward.(with all the emotional politics)

No offense, but the southeast lacks political strategy.

No he didn't. In fact Obi is the reason there might be a President from the South east quicker.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
EmmyCC:

Maybe🤔 -
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by EmmyCC: 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
BlueMurder:

Soludo would be acceptable to the North as he's not viewed as bigotic. But will he get the support of his region? History has shown that they dislike intensely, their brothers who have goodwill in the North.
Soludo will not be accepted by the north. When the time comes they will remind him that he's'ibo' and can't be trusted with power.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Johncarlo07: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:

Second in command to God.
U av done well, revealing everything on God's agenda concerning Nigeria, as per say u b his PA

Oya go nd collect ur 30k BMC salary. Uv done a Yeo man's job.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Abubaushe(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”
My professor sir, NOT until the South east plays politics of inclusiveness and not that of religion and ethnicity.
Thank you sir.
Be informed!!!

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by amp01(m): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Obi just draged the South East presidency backward.(with all the emotional politics)

No offense, but the southeast lacks political strategy.
I believe you from the southwest, what's your strategy?

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by pedel: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
I don't argue with people incapable of proper dialogue. Go and wake both of your parents up and tell them to shut up.

kiako:

Shut up pls. . . the whole country is protesting to register their rejection of you and your principal.

Sorry that you had to go protest because people weren't congratulating the mandate thief

Ntoor

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Johncarlo07: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:

True that! We were left to choose between 4 polithiefcians and we chose the better one. I hope SEasterners will learn to build rather than burn bridges in future

Which beta one did u choose.
Ur one of d stupid pple in large numbers.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=amp01 post=122299413][/quote]
Oga mention me properly 🙏🏽🤎
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
pedel:
I don't argue with people incapable of proper dialogue. Go and wake both of your parents up and tell them to shut up.

Shut up again !
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Kccheechy(m): 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:

He is from the Yoruba school of thought who believed we should concede to the Ibos to foster national unity. Prof. even had to dare death during the civil war to visit the East which led to his detention.

Bro, Peter Obi CANNOT be elected president in Nigeria, not now and not in 20years. His time is spent already, wake up to reality.

Online we do hear Yoruba Christian/Muslims from Ibo people who try creating the divide, we never knew it’s a direct assignment from Ibo leadership like Peter Obi. For him to strategically try to drive a wedge between SW christians/Muslims shows the kind of asinineee character he has.

One good thing I love is that people that share the mindset of Prof in the SW don’t have the power to effect anything. Anything they say is just for academic purpose and the school of thought that wield power in the West have a different approach to the Ibo question.

I wish I knew you in person so I can see your reaction when Peter obi will be sworn in as president later this year.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Johncarlo07: 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Officialmrt:

I swear u bust my brain with laugh grin

He is bursting ur brain wit his stupidity.
Dat means ur a simpleton too.
Look at d dates he wrote dere, will either u or him b alive to witness Dem?

Two stupid ones.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Johncarlo07: 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
DMerciful:
He wasnt rejected, he won and it will be proven in court. When Obi finally retrieves his mandate, dont go start attacking Igbos in Lagos because it will happen

U dey mind dis stupid one?
U get time. Person wey b say na jst 30k Dem use purchase his sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by SLOVFO(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:

See people thinking and playing God...mere mortals...mere worms
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Micval: 9:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga26:
Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

Some people are so childish, until you understand that it is all about survival in this country, you wil keep quiet, since all these years political power has been rotating among the west amd the north, who has been the biggest losers, never mock people that are far better than you
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Emola12(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
This man should stop talking nonsense.

You didn't come out to campaign for a candidate from the East during elections, but you are here saying nonsense now that the elections are over.

PS: I didn't bother to read the piece of trash.
dey call you before Abi ki lo n se eleyi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Ex-generals Plot Against Buhari’s Reelection / Police Helicopter In Kwara Ahead Of Bye-Election, Causes Panic Among Residents / 2023: Plot To ‘uproot’ Tinubu’s Dynasty Thickens In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.