Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka (37582 Views)

Why Presidency Always Respond To Atiku Statements But Choose To Ingnor Peter Obi / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by simplesearch: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

But Soludo is a feather weight politician, not everything is about polished English. Soludo lacks the character required to preside over the affairs of a nation. He talks too much and sometimes out of point. The peoples mandate is with Obi, and he's the only one the people want.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by drealcivilceno(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

Hmm...

So Tinubu brought clerics to come and endorse him is what?

You guys are bunch of criminals!
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Landowner101:

Should have stayed in pdp, so that they will keep zoning power away from south-east.
Him moving out of pdp was one of the best decision he made, as he wouldn't have been this popular if he was still in pdp, to point of shaking the ruling power and giving them sleepless nights.
He never gave the ruling party any sleepless night for once, only a person who is inherently ignorant of Nigerian politics, or one irredeemably deluded would be be worried that oBi was going to win. We kept telling you guys that Obi isn’t popular in the north, but you dismissed all warnings thinking Obi would win without northern votes.
Even though Atiku and Tinubu and Kwankwaso shared northern votes Obi still came distant 3rd.
I remember Soludo said it then that Obi’s presence in the race would swing the results in APC’s favor, but you people, rather than pick the sense in his postulation, rained insults on him. Now it’s exactly what Soludo said was going to happen that happened.
Analysts are even saying that it was APCs strategy to keep Obi up in the race. They gave him a false sense of importance and popularity and ensured he sucked all PDPs votes in the South.
Simple strategy

3 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Lacash: 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka
From my opinion, I don’t think the SE deserve the post cos they are anti Bat and a saboteur to the democracy, so they don’t deserve such a post 💯💯

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by petertamtam6(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
You be mumu post=122288606]Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by moshino(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
pedel:
Obi should have stayed in the PDP. He should have made consultations, and ensure Nyesom Wike dropped his ambition.
Greed won’t let the SE politicians do what is necessary to get power back to the east.
I don’t understand how a whole tribe will sleep and point heads in the same direction.
Power won’t go to the SE If they play the same type of politics in 2027.

Greed is when you steal a mandate by using thugs and threats to disenfranchise, kill and maim voters. Greed is when you buy a party's presidential nomination with money at all cost. Greed is when you bribe INEC officials to mutilate election results collation sheets to inflate your vote count and deflate your opponent's numbers.
Truth, honesty, integrity matters! Nigeria is such a joke, and crime scene because her citizens do not care about justice, equity, truth, honesty and integrity.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Espelbengz(m): 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
This should have been the struggle and not some warped narrative about some dude being competent, in all fairness an Igbo presidency would have healed all wounds, but hiding under some obidient endsars shit n all that christian tingy was hypocrisy. The Hausa Fulani's gladly demanded their presidency openly when Umar Yar'Adua died without flinching, this is what Indigbo should have collectively demanded! God bless Nigeria 🙏
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
simplesearch:

But Soludo is a feather weight politician, not everything is about polished English. Soludo lacks the character required to preside over the affairs of a nation. He talks too much and sometimes out of point. The peoples mandate is with Obi, and he's the only one the people want.
So to you, Obi a mediocre 3rd class graduate of ‘phylosophy’, who failed woefully as governor of Anambra is more a presidential material than Soludo?

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by bionixs: 12:00am On Apr 05, 2023
With much respect, I am telling everyone here to SHUTUP and face the court.

Bring out an angel, so long as it from the southeast , they will still come with reasons why he is not qualified

Afterall JESUS himself was killed by your heroes who shared same views with you.

Hypocrisy will always keep you behind IGBOs
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by hartson(m): 12:32am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:

But he committed the worse by mobilizating fake bishops prior to the primaries.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by HeroicMeastro: 12:42am On Apr 05, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka
Prof is just waking from slumber.
Elections has come and go, successfully.
Maybe the SE should wait for 2031
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by EJEGBULEJE: 12:44am On Apr 05, 2023
Mr Wole, maybe you come, and collect it, and give them......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by EJEGBULEJE: 12:46am On Apr 05, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Prof is just waking from slumber.
Elections has come and go, successfully.
Maybe the SE should wait for 2031

Nibo ? 2031 its going back to the North for another 8 years, after that if dem still never get sense, it will return to SW again...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Officialmrt: 1:28am On Apr 05, 2023
Johncarlo07:

He is bursting ur brain wit his stupidity.
Dat means ur a simpleton too.
Look at d dates he wrote dere, will either u or him b alive to witness Dem?

Two stupid ones.
E dey pain you? Sniper no cost na

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by chaiks: 1:44am On Apr 05, 2023
And you think choosing a Muslim -muslim president is a way of healing the democratic wounds of the country? Will you personally accept a Christian -christian president? Be sincere to yourself. I am a Christian and I won't even accept it. Whatever tinubu explained to CAN as his reason is nothing but fallacy. You can't tell me that you didn't see competency in Christian politicians considering how religiously tensed Nigeria is. This was the same reason why they fought saraki. Know it, APC has set the stage for deeper division of the country along religious lines simply because of tinubu's political calculation to win election.
LegendHero:

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by DollarMarley247: 1:46am On Apr 05, 2023
pedel:
Obi should have stayed in the PDP. He should have made consultations, and ensure Nyesom Wike dropped his ambition.
Greed won’t let the SE politicians do what is necessary to get power back to the east.
I don’t understand how a whole tribe will sleep and point heads in the same direction.
Power won’t go to the SE If they play the same type of politics in 2027.
We need a president not one dumb president with many ghost president. Buhari is an example of dumb president.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Wahala90: 1:56am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Peter Obi is the only candidate who consistently campaigned that Nigerians should not vote for him because of his ethnicity, region or religion - it was consistent and his trademark. While Tinubu has been the candidate who raised religious issues when he said, in the whole of Nigeria, no other faith is qualified to be his vice. So your ranting based on your deep fake audio (so fake it could be detected with amateur softwares) makes your judgement fake, criminal and watery.

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by IfnobeGod20: 2:07am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:

If there is anyone that is ethno-religion bigot, please give it to Tinubu.
Why did Tinubu chose Muslim northern instead of christian northern?
Firstly, you people claimed it was because of competence. To the effect, you people wish to claim no single competent christian in the whole northern states that can serve as a vice president. It is more of a slap to the sensibility of the entire northern christian community. If you further claim, it was because of competence. Does that mean competence only reside with northern muslims and not with northern christians. You people must tell us something the more.
Secondly, you people claimed that northern Muslims would not vote for northern minority. You know what that means? If the north would never vote for northern minority christian, it means matter what, the north would never vote for a Christian president or vice from northern extraction and invariably Christian-Christian ticket can never work because the north would never vote for christian minority in the north, no matter the person competence.
Thirdly, whose candidate mobilize Islamic clerics to endorse Tinubu and declared their candidacy a Jihad?
Who was caught on tape maligning a whole tribe with Amosun and saying Igbo can never be president of Nigeria?
Which party were using Islamic clerics to preach for the endorsement of the Muslim-muslim ticket?
Many nasty things that was said by Shettima against Obi and his tribe but Obi never retaliated.
If there is anyone that was more ethno-religion in this year campaign is APC, Tinubu and Shettima. And this was what they have been doing since 2014. Since independence, the country has never been divided until 2015 that APC came on board to partition us through religion lines and ethnicity.
Records are there for any sane man to see.
APC was the first party through their members to say, they would make the government ungovernable and form parallel government but the then government kept cool and not rock the bolt.
Meanwhile, but Obi also visited Sultan of Sokoto, the highest Islamic body in Nigeria. Tinubu visitation was to seek for validation but could not get that because no reasonable Nigeria would support that annoyed combination of Muslim-muslim ticket in an egalitarian state.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by chaloskyx: 2:09am On Apr 05, 2023
Its fine but the real question is what is in it for you and your family members??
accordadoga26:
Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Ifogift007: 3:01am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Foolish man... Fulani herdman are currently on rampage in ur village... very stupid fellow

Off all...by d tym Fulani herdman are done with you people una mind go dey

Any Man or woman supporting dis evil government called APC will die horrible and shamefully

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Legitisreal: 4:11am On Apr 05, 2023
Goke7:

why do most igbos seem to hate the igbos who seem to seek genuine friendship across the Niger? Soludo, Okorocha and so on. If you say people like Okrocha or Kalu are corrupt, is Soludo corrupt too?

Something is wrong somewhere mhen
they are supporting those who would help them revenge the civil war loss

Any igboman that seems to be pan Nigerian is a big no to them

Just have ipob idealogy

It's why they prefer abaribe to soludo who failed as deputy to kalu
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by wink2015(m): 4:32am On Apr 05, 2023
UNITED NATION might break up Nigeria and create a new state for the Igbo in the nearest future if the south east does not get the presidency.

Take South Sudan for example, South Sudan was created following years of oppression by the government in Khartoum, Sudan.

Eritrea fought a long war with Ethiopia before the United Nations granted the Eritrea Independence.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by benobyeze(m): 4:34am On Apr 05, 2023
Well said.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Tzar(m): 4:37am On Apr 05, 2023
Prof forget it! Immediately the Pyrate confraternity headed by Wole Soyinka did a parade for Peter Obi, the prof’s crediblility on this subject disappeared!
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Jonakez(m): 4:41am On Apr 05, 2023
Do you think NIGERIA will cont to be TOGETHER in the near future? No no! See, in the near future, EASTERN NIGERIA ( SOUTHEAST/SOUTH SOUTH) shall break away from NIGERIA... If not now, certainly later! But rest assured that it will happen... It's so obvious PRESENT NIGERIA IS OWNED BY (WESTERN AND NORTHERN NIGERIA)

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:[/quote]
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Jonakez(m): 4:43am On Apr 05, 2023
Do you think NIGERIA will cont to be TOGETHER in the near future? No no! See, in the near future, EASTERN NIGERIA ( SOUTHEAST/SOUTH SOUTH) shall break away from NIGERIA... If not now, certainly later! But rest assured that it will happen... It's so obvious PRESENT NIGERIA IS OWNED BY (WESTERN AND NORTHERN NIGERIA)
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by missymide: 4:50am On Apr 05, 2023
Keep dreaming
Massiveglory:

I am suprised you did not insult the revered professor as you usually do to elders who speak truth. Keep this up.

As for presidency, get ready for a PODATTI presidency. It has only been delayed. It cannot be denied.
This year is the year of the unstoppable new Nigeria.
Yakubu select will give way for Nigeria elect.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Jonakez(m): 4:52am On Apr 05, 2023

]

NOETHNICITY:
He never gave the ruling party any sleepless night for once, only a person who is inherently ignorant of Nigerian politics, or one irredeemably deluded would be be worried that oBi was going to win. We kept telling you guys that Obi isn’t popular in the north, but you dismissed all warnings thinking Obi would win without northern votes.
Even though Atiku and Tinubu and Kwankwaso shared northern votes Obi still came distant 3rd.
I remember Soludo said it then that Obi’s presence in the race would swing the results in APC’s favor, but you people, rather than pick the sense in his postulation, rained insults on him. Now it’s exactly what Soludo said was going to happen that happened.
Analysts are even saying that it was APCs strategy to keep Obi up in the race. They gave him a false sense of importance and popularity and ensured he sucked all PDPs votes in the South.
Simple strategy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crowd Chants 'Sai Atiku' At APC Rally In Adamawa, Deji Adeyanju Reacts (Video) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Kanu Violation Of Bail Conditions: Abaribe, Others Risk Imprisonment- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.