Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka (37511 Views)

Why Presidency Always Respond To Atiku Statements But Choose To Ingnor Peter Obi / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by zeuss: 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga26:
Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

Criminals and drug dealers speak..... There is no country. Just a den full of animals and dregs..... SPIT....
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by hk891: 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
RockHard:

Dey play. Same reason why Ibos' refused to vote for Olu Falae (who happened to be the choice of majority of yorubas) and voted Obasanjo instead, is why Peter was and will always be rejected by majority of Nigerians. Peter Obi was rejected in yorubaland (and the North) during the last presidential elections because we could see that he's a bigot, so he can never be president of Nigeria coz he lacks the requisite pan-Nigeria spread.

If an Iboman will be president, he must be one that most Nigerians would feel comfortable with, not a bigot like Peter Obi. So you people must come to terms with the fact that the rest of Nigeria will be the ones to decide the best Ibo to be president, not you bigots in the SE. Know that and know peace.

Say the truth, you all hate Obi because there will be no eating of national cake ...... ndi'ara
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by 9gerian: 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2023
But this the general norm with sentiments expressed by most tribes in Nigeria.

Same reason Yorubas don’t like Obasanjo much. Same reason Igbos don’t like Rochas much. Same reason Atiku doesn’t have cult followership in the North unlike Buhari etc.

Their people see them as sell-outs.

DMerciful:
Obi will be president! The reason you like Soludo now is because the generality of Igbos don't like him. If Igbos rally round Soludo in the future, you'll look for a fault why he should not be president. We know una

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Thatikwoman: 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
[ Your opinion quote author=LegendHero post=122288590]Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by flokii: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2023
Soyinka should rest..

I'm sure he doesn't expect Tinubu to leave all his efforts and time in ACN and APC for an unknown person from East simply because Soyinka believes presidency should go to South East. The no.1 seat is not a chieftancy title to be dashed to one region without credible candidate, not in this era and time in Nigeria's history with huge debt and high unemployment rate.

The man that can fix our economy won, so they should allow him work.

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Thatikwoman: 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
[You are not God bro quote author=accordadoga26 post=122288606]Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:[/quote]
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by gideonvalor98(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
Presidency going to the southeast shouldn't be a walk in the park...I have said it times without number NIGERIA DON'T OWN IGBOS DAMN THING...it is their STRONG HEAD and SELFISHNESS WITHOUT REASON THAT LED TO THE CIVIL WAR...YET after many years away from that THEY'RE STILL TAKING THAT PATH...
YOU CAN'T BLACKMAIL THE NIGERIAN STATE TO SURRECTION just to attain your selfish desire. YOU HAVE TO BE TRUE NIGERIA AND EARN THE TRUST OF OTHER MAJOR TRIBES, FOR YOU TO RULE OVER THEM...IT CAN'T BE DONE WITH FORCE,INTIMADATION OR PROPAGANDA...

You can't be doing the same thing over and over again...and expect different result...IT'S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

UNTIL THE IGBOS START TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN THIS COUNTRY...THEY WON'T RULE OVER THIS COUNTRY...PURE FACT!

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by ud4u: 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga26:

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

Your suffering just began, and who can deliver you from under bridge where you sleep at night. Homeless thugs everywhere.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by honor4me: 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:

True that! We were left to choose between 4 polithiefcians and we chose the better one. I hope SEasterners will learn to build rather than burn bridges in future
Will they ever learn the way they are going about it.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by abidem4real: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka
Nigerian elites are just double mouthed. If zoning is what democracy is all about in Nigeria, then what is the essence of election? Some would say presidency is supposed to go here and other there and yet we claim to be practicing democracy!
If that is what majority of Nigerians want, then it has to be inputed into our constitution and the ways to go about it and not all these blabbings we have after the election had already been conducted and the winner declared. Any disgruntled candidate as to the outcome of the elections has his or her legal rights to approach courts for redress.

A true lover of Nigeria would not be beating the drum of war after losing an election whether justly or unjustly. Remember, God maketh a king!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Umadam: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
Hahahahaa
accordadoga26:

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Mirallas: 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi is not divisive one bit. Obi will win the court case and eventually be sworn in. Obi has a divine mandate
This your delusion no be here oh. You are a special human being, I will like to know how it is possible for a human being to be this deluded

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by LegendHero(m): 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kccheechy:

I wish I knew you in person so I can see your reaction when Peter obi will be sworn in as president later this year.

What you are doing is akin to tempting hope.

Peter Obi can never be president. Not through the court not through a national election.

Step out of your trance state and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by herich(m): 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga26:

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

SS you added there is just to deceive those mumu grin
GEJ that managed to entered there indirectly,
you SW and north treated him like an orphan, conspired against him and booted him out like chicken grin grin Jonathan was even calling Buhari,, yes Daddy grin grin before Buhari was declared winner in 2015.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Mirallas: 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
DaTruths:
Presidency shouldn't go to SE because it's there turn.

It should go to them because they are innovative.

If igbos were in power, Nigeria would have been the biggest production country in Africa.

I've worked with many Nigerians, igbos operates on a different level and I give it to them.
For the same reason the south east is the most developed region in Africa or even Nigeria for that matter. Going against reality usually doesn't end well
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by blacksam01: 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
tribalist soyinka...still living in d 40's...u didn't say nothing wen it matters ,now ur spewing rubbish..

abeg park!!!!
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Mirallas: 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
Landowner101:

Even if igbo's presents Jesus Christ as a presidential candidate, you guys will codemn him for turning water to wine. We sabi una way. Till today they couldn't find a stain on Obi, yet, they keep dishing all forms of probaganda that obidients keep trashing anyway. For your info not just any third force can reach the height of what Obi did, as you can't tell me because orji uzor kalu is an igbo and on the ballot paper/box , I should vote for him, or tell me to vote for someone like rochas okorocha and ikpeazu. We need good competent people like Peter Obi.
Or you don't want to acknowledge the stains because of your delusion

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Mirallas: 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Massiveglory:

Mark my words. Tinubu has reached the highest he will. He will not be president for even 1 day . The walls around him have collapsed.
I hope you won't disappear.
Omooo
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by onuman: 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka

By the way, Prof:
Peter Obi never campaigned to be considered as next president of Nigeria because of rotation.
Peter Obi has support from nearly all the ethnic groups of Nigeria, and from where he got massive vote figures.

In fact, notable Igbo politicians did not openly voice support for Obi as much as notable Yoruba politicians did.
Without the collaboration of indegenes of Lagos State, Peter Obi would not have won Lagos State.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by herich(m): 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
My own be sey make balablu do come back come dey give us more balablu skits grin grin
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Benwallt(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
They should labour for it. No region is ever dashed the presidency. They better side will always win.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Benwallt(m): 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
herich:
My own be sey make balablu do come back come dey give us more balablu skits grin grin

Yes daddy
Thank you daddy

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.
You are 100% on point. I’ll solidly stand behind an Umahi for president, or A Soludo as another option. But not a bigoted Obi

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by omeke12(m): 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga26:

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

well...,
Brother, I'm from the southeast
i feel really bad by what you posted

i'm not sure of what i or my tribesmen did to you to warrant this level of hate
i really hope it heals in you

regardless, whenever i see posts like this on nairaland i just take a deep breath and say...
"Thank God, say man no be God."

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by DaTruths: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
Mirallas:

For the same reason the south east is the most developed region in Africa or even Nigeria for that matter. Going against reality usually doesn't end well

With the absence of Federal presence, SE is the most developed region in Nigeria.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Benwallt(m): 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nobody from the yeastern part of Nigeria will rule Nigeria in the 21st century. They should wait for a miserable 3months trial in the 22nd century.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Benwallt(m): 10:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
omeke12:

well...,
Brother, I'm from the southeast
i feel really bad by what you posted

i'm not sure of what i or my tribesmen did to you to warrant this level of hate
i really hope it heals in you

regardless, whenever i see posts like this on nairaland i just take a deep breath and say...
"Thank God, say man no be God."

God Bless Nigeria
take some ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from the west. Some 🔥🔥🔥🔥 being ignited by comment like this cannot even born a candle. We will all be alright.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by kk2027: 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi will be president! The reason you like Soludo now is because the generality of Igbos don't like him. If Igbos rally round Soludo in the future, you'll look for a fault why he should not be president. We know una

You're very wise

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Honor10: 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
DMerciful:
Lets see how the courts proceedings go. The end will justify the means

Well, I hope the the court proceeding doesn't send you into coma, because no way Obi can win in court, no way!

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
DMerciful:
How can the generality of a people be so deluded? What in heavens sake drives you people’s delusion to such sickening heights? Both young and old, educated and illiterate, rich and poor, male and female all swimming in delusion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Ex-generals Plot Against Buhari’s Reelection / Police Helicopter In Kwara Ahead Of Bye-Election, Causes Panic Among Residents / 2023: Plot To ‘uproot’ Tinubu’s Dynasty Thickens In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.