Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka (37484 Views)

Why Presidency Always Respond To Atiku Statements But Choose To Ingnor Peter Obi / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Benwallt(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
herich:

Yes oh our sick daddy grin grin

So the Bishop is sick now. Wow! Pandora has infected him with failure and HBP. The Bishop must get well so he can receive his own charge moderately.

Next time he won't pick any yes daddy, thank you daddy crying call.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Stallione(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.
U accused Obi of being a religious bigot. So u think Soludo is a saint, a man that all his commissioners from top to bottom are all catholics, go n verify if u doubt me.
My candidate for house of assembly election in the last election is an anglican in labour party, i am a stunch catholic but i supported him because of his capabilities and capacity. Soludo acted openly that he cannot accomodate him because he is an anglican and his victory was rigged. Go and verify too.
Obi in his administration never did such and had two muslim SA's during his administration, u can verify as well.
So be sure before u accuse some1 wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by TristanX: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
wahalawahala:
who said he is? Are u ok? Udon dey on your mpuru mmiri again

He should be Igbo naa, since according to u guys, anyone who speaks in favour of igbos is ipob
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by baysol: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

I am suprised you did not insult the revered professor as you usually do to elders who speak truth. Keep this up.

As for presidency, get ready for a PODATTI presidency. It has only been delayed. It cannot be denied.
This year is the year of the unstoppable new Nigeria.
Yakubu select will give way for Nigeria elect.
Old age can be a big challenge. igbos must concentrate on Biafra otherwise they will lose on both ends. Only for the wise.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by jessesky: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
These article is for the wise one
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Interoma(m): 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Obi is the most divisive politician of this era. Since 1999, no politician is as divisive as Peter Obi, not even Buhari is that openly divisive.

Man is a religious bigot who openly waged a religious war all in a bid to win the presidential election. Luckily for us, his supporters don’t have the electoral numbers to win an election.

The only person with the mandate is Tinubu. On his mandate, we’ve been standing since 1999.

Insha Allah by May, he will be sworn in as the next president of Nigeria and insurrectionists like Peter Obi will be put to shame.
THANKS MY BROTHER MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU 🙏

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MetaPhysical: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I pity this your kind of mentality and I weep for you. Now, it is the tribe of people wife that is your concern. This your ethno-religion sentiment is archaic and insensitive to the trend of the world. Trying to pelt one tribe against the other is now your stock in trade. For goodness sake what concern the tribe of any governor wife with governance. To you now to marry wives from other tribes by Yoruba men is an abomination. This is senseless, barbaric, insensitive and archaic to the least. If you don't know you're trying to fan the ember of tribalism, sectionalism and even racism with people of same sovereign nation. Please what kind human being are you?

My kind advise to you, is for you to stop this madness because it is against any known law and customs in Nigeria. Intermarriage is constitutionally recognized by law and often encouraged but now using it as a tool of political gymnastics is what I don't know. Desist forthwith.

Those who did not think it would ever be a problem are regretting now, and wishing they had approached it differently. Tinubu is one of such people. He failed to address the ibo invasion problem when flags were raised.

Constitution kee you there. I dont believe ibo will have a life if the constitution was not available, because all your living and existence are subsisted on what the constitution says and the rights you have under its protection.

Yoruba does not need a constitution to exist.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Bonapart(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

Hope you didn't trade your mom for an Unripe mango?😒
mumu
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Alpharey: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
georgeakins:

The same way you commit crimes all over the world and claim that Asia, Ghana, South Africa etc hate you because they are jealousy of you.
Ibos are the worst human species on the earth's surface.
Go and form your biafra. You're constituting nuisance in my land.
Your land is cursed, no other tribe lives there except Ibos.

Ibo can never be president in Nigeria.

You are not better than any Igbo man. Dead or alive
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by ofwest47(m): 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
Wole Shoyinka a great Nigerian World book maker should go back to history of Nigeria 🇳🇬 political take off at pre Nigerian Independent .
They say when the head is off it will be too late to cry again.
Going back to history, recall the result of the December 12 1959 pre Independence election. Nnamdi Azikwe of the then South Eastern Nigeria leader and leader of the N C N C had the highest number of votes cast followed by Obafemi Awolowo of the Action Group and Tafawa Balewa of the N P C was 3rd with number of votes cast. See results of the Dec.12 99 election _ Google. Com.
Recall, Awolowo then approached Zik to go into alliance with the Action Group for him Zik to be the 1st Nigerian Prime minister and him (Awolowo to be just a Minister) in Zik leadership government administration, Zik said No! that he preferred to be just a ceremonial President under Tafawa Balewa as the country 's Prime minister even despite the intervention of Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana asking him Zik to accept Awolowo's alliance request Zik said No that he preferred to be just a ceremonial President than going into alliance with the Educated Yoruba group because of Political appointments and governmental administration appointments . True to form all Political and governmental administrative appointments were taking over by the IBOs (I BEFORE Others courtesy of Zik) the only ministerial appointment given to Yoruba group was just Information ministery ( T O S Benson) and that of Post and Telegraph (P & T) all other political and administrative appointments then were taken over by the I BEFORE OTHERS courtesy of Zik and the 2 political appointments held by the Tafawa Balewa group were Defence ( Waziri Ibrahim) Mines and Power ( Bamanga Tukor )
For further Political and administrative appointments then please go to WHO IS WHO IN NIGERIA 1965 by Nigeria Daily Times Publications Newspaper.
Going further, recall the great world Mathematician 🌎 👍 Professor Chike Obi who wanted to come into Nigerian politics when he gave birth to 2 of his children 🙄 🤔 and to get his support from the then Western Region and the Northern Region he named each of the 2 children with Yoruba name and Hausa name for him to be a true Nigerian but Zik did everything to get rid of him from Nigerian politics as him Zik is the only Easterner to go into Nigerian politics.
Remember how he (ZIK) used Professor Chike Obi's wife to get rid of his husband from Nigerian politics as an Easterner.
But well , as a compensation, Yakubu Gowon Military administration compensated Professor Chike Obi by making him as Minister of Education in the 70s. Please Tinubu ( The Jagaban of Africa 🌍) should look into using the 2 children of Professor Chike Obi _ who are true Nigerians for political appointments.
So like I said for the I BEFORE OTHERS courtesy of Zik when the head is off it will be too late to cry again. 😢 having lost the 1st opportunity at Independence to become the 1st country's leader in the country Nigeria due to the Action of your leader Zik.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by omeke12(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
georgeakins:

Ibo introduced hate into our polity.
But the good thing is that people have learnt how to hate them in turn.

Well... No matter what, hate is not the best way forward.

We will always achieve more if we love and respect each other
Check all my posts on nairaland, I am strongly against IPOB, their leader and everything they represent.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by georgeakins: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
omeke12:

Well... No matter what, hate is not the best way forward.

We will always achieve more if we love and respect each other
Check all my posts on nairaland, I am strongly against IPOB, their leader and everything they represent.

Okay
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by dmz1: 6:53am On Apr 17, 2023
DaTruths:
Presidency shouldn't go to SE because it's there turn.

It should go to them because they are innovative.

If igbos were in power, Nigeria would have been the biggest production country in Africa.

I've worked with many Nigerians, igbos operates on a different level and I give it to them.

Please explain more on this claim sir.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by littleguy444: 4:29am On May 24, 2023
MetaPhysical:

My dear brother. I respect Prof but not that dearly to submit Yoruba under an Ibo rulership. Any Ibo that wants to become president must first enter into a sealed agreement that he will not be conferred with the title commander in chief. This means his security chiefs are appointed for him, and they will not report directly to him. Also, Senate President and House Speaker positions, SE will be excluded from eligibility.

What Prof is saying is we have been unfair to Ibo. Quite contrary.

Look on the landscape for a minute, and it is easy to see Yorubaland is very vulnerable.

Two and half years ago, 2020, in the election leading to Akeredolu's second term in Ondo. Adeyinka Grandson made a taped recording and asked if Ondo people were not appalled that their first lady was an Ibo. He inferred that it is an abnormality, and such will never be allowed in Iboland. So the options in Ondo would be to abandon Akeredolu for Eyitayo Jegede, the PDP candidate. It was realized Jegede's wife is also from Cross River, or Akwa Ibom. This is Ondo, not Lagos o.

Go to Oyo, same story. Their past governor Ajimobi was married to indigenized Lebanese. He was succeeded by Seyi Makinde, whose wife is from Rivers.

Presently in Osun, there are two first ladies, Titilola Adeleke, and Ngozi Adeleke. Ile-Ife, the sacred Yoruba city is in Osun State. The governor gives Ooni staff of office. If Ngozi calls a meeting to address wives of Obas in Osun, the wife of Ooni must attend and address Ngozi with protocol. This is not Lagos o, na Osun.

So, is it any wonder that another Ibo woman, Ify came very close to becoming a first lady in Lagos?

If that had happened -
Osun first lady -Ibo
Oyo first lady - Ijaw/Okrika
Ondo first lady - Ibo
Lagos first lady - Ibo
Ogun first lady - Yoruba
Ekiti first lady - Yoruba

But because CGV did not succeed in Lagos, the true picture is below.

Osun first lady -Ibo
Oyo first lady - Ijaw/Okrika
Ondo first lady - Ibo
Lagos first lady - Ibo Yoruba
Ogun first lady - Yoruba
Ekiti first lady - Yoruba

In SE, how many Yoruba first ladies are there?
In SS, how many Yoruba first ladies are there?

But professor say we need to be fair to SE.

Ok, let's show how SE has been fair to others.
First lady of Ondo, Betty Akeredolu wanted to run for Senate, so she went home to Imo. Her people rejected her, told her she is married to Yoruba, and to go represent Yoruba people.

Professor Soyinka is on the border of becoming a nuisance on Yoruba issues.

When someone like Betty Akeredolu cannot run for election in her native home because of marriage to Yoruba, how about her children, would they ever be eligible to contest election in SE, or would full blooded Yoruba have to step aside so half-breeds can rule over us?

What is future of Yoruba women in Yorubaland, dont they deserve to wear the crown of first lady, why are we displacing them with our votes? We fail to reflect because our ethos have been exploited by leaders like Soyinka, Obasanjo, Adebanjo...each of them with in-laws in Iboland. It is in their interest that their half-breed grandchildren become somebody in future and make name. The way to assure that is beg full blood Yoruba to yield to Ibo.

Let CGV serve as lessons learnt. Let also the crowning of foreigners as first ladies in Yorubaland serve as eye opener.

Yoruba women Lokan!

Spread this message.
You are too tribalistic Sir, I would still go for sanwo olu over grv normally but you saying that voting a governor based on the tribe of his wife and not on competency and patriotism is very bad, do you mean that you prefer people to suffer under bad governance as far as their wife is not a foreigner you are okay with it.
the whole of Southwest is not as developed as it should be and you are thinking like this it is the wish of those people to marry ladies from different places, what distanced me from grv is some of his speech which did not aligned with a true compatriot and I doubt his competence also other than that he is home and dry.
please change this your thinking it is too extreme
by the way why are you trying to make sure only a Yoruba man is in control of Southwest and don't tell me it is because other regions wouldn't agree what if that is what is impeding development in Nigeria does that mean that Southwest should follow suit on that path of destruction.
And lastly for all the yorubas remember that true is determined based on what you achieved according to their resources and not according to the growth of other states.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MetaPhysical: 9:18pm On May 24, 2023
littleguy444:
You are too tribalistic Sir, I would still go for sanwo olu over grv normally but you saying that voting a governor based on the tribe of his wife and not on competency and patriotism is very bad, do you mean that you prefer people to suffer under bad governance as far as their wife is not a foreigner you are okay with it.
the whole of Southwest is not as developed as it should be and you are thinking like this it is the wish of those people to marry ladies from different places, what distanced me from grv is some of his speech which did not aligned with a true compatriot and I doubt his competence also other than that he is home and dry.
please change this your thinking it is too extreme
by the way why are you trying to make sure only a Yoruba man is in control of Southwest and don't tell me it is because other regions wouldn't agree what if that is what is impeding development in Nigeria does that mean that Southwest should follow suit on that path of destruction.
And lastly for all the yorubas remember that true is determined based on what you achieved according to their resources and not according to the growth of other states.

All the talk about suffering under bad governance is nonsense. You guys are not thinking.

The best examples of good governance in modern time Africa is represented under Ghaddafi of Libya, and independent South Africa under black leadership. Nowhere else in Africa has any good governance in those ranks...and still when you look at Libya or SA today they are no different than the worst governed places in rest of Africa. So there is really no sellable differentiator to argue support and advocacy for good governance, other than rhetorics that in effect is just a scam . You can swallow the rheyoric down your throat, i am too advanced in my logical reasoning and critical thinking to be duped by such simple jargons.

For me, native identity remains my grounds for patriotism, nothing else. Id take a poor government by a Yoruba person, over a good government by non-Yoruba.

Yorubas living under a poor leader can self-reflect, self-correct and self-calibrate new standards and guidelines to tweak successive administrations until such a time that good leadership is a default. With pains and suffering of today, we can steer gains of progress into our future.

In contrast, Yorubas living under a good leader have no comparative advantage in which their society can build excellence.

Get sense!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari In Closed-Door Meeting With Shettima (Photos) / Elections: EFCC Stopped From Probing Plane Loaded With Cash / 2023: Poll Shows Peter Obi Leads Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.