Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka (37486 Views)

Why Presidency Always Respond To Atiku Statements But Choose To Ingnor Peter Obi / 2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by missymide: 4:55am On Apr 05, 2023
He ruined the chances. Obi tried creating division instead of looking for something that can unite Nigeria. His campaign never made sense to me even when I didn't have a candidate but I decided to vote him at that cubicle asking God's will be done and I am wondering why. Something wasn't just falling in place for me to see him. To me he is not the man, Igbos can look for someone else

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:58am On Apr 05, 2023
Jonakez:

Do you think NIGERIA will cont to be TOGETHER in the near future? No no! See, in the near future, EASTERN NIGERIA ( SOUTHEAST/SOUTH SOUTH) shall break away from NIGERIA... If not now, certainly later! But rest assured that it will happen... It's so obvious PRESENT NIGERIA IS OWNED BY (WESTERN AND NORTHERN NIGERIA)

]

Which South South state do you sincerely believe will join the SE in that madness?

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by MetaPhysical: 5:32am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

My dear brother. I respect Prof but not that dearly to submit Yoruba under an Ibo rulership. Any Ibo that wants to become president must first enter into a sealed agreement that he will not be conferred with the title commander in chief. This means his security chiefs are appointed for him, and they will not report directly to him. Also, Senate President and House Speaker positions, SE will be excluded from eligibility.

What Prof is saying is we have been unfair to Ibo. Quite contrary.

Look on the landscape for a minute, and it is easy to see Yorubaland is very vulnerable.

Two and half years ago, 2020, in the election leading to Akeredolu's second term in Ondo. Adeyinka Grandson made a taped recording and asked if Ondo people were not appalled that their first lady was an Ibo. He inferred that it is an abnormality, and such will never be allowed in Iboland. So the options in Ondo would be to abandon Akeredolu for Eyitayo Jegede, the PDP candidate. It was realized Jegede's wife is also from Cross River, or Akwa Ibom. This is Ondo, not Lagos o.

Go to Oyo, same story. Their past governor Ajimobi was married to indigenized Lebanese. He was succeeded by Seyi Makinde, whose wife is from Rivers.

Presently in Osun, there are two first ladies, Titilola Adeleke, and Ngozi Adeleke. Ile-Ife, the sacred Yoruba city is in Osun State. The governor gives Ooni staff of office. If Ngozi calls a meeting to address wives of Obas in Osun, the wife of Ooni must attend and address Ngozi with protocol. This is not Lagos o, na Osun.

So, is it any wonder that another Ibo woman, Ify came very close to becoming a first lady in Lagos?

If that had happened -
Osun first lady -Ibo
Oyo first lady - Ijaw/Okrika
Ondo first lady - Ibo
Lagos first lady - Ibo
Ogun first lady - Yoruba
Ekiti first lady - Yoruba

But because CGV did not succeed in Lagos, the true picture is below.

Osun first lady -Ibo
Oyo first lady - Ijaw/Okrika
Ondo first lady - Ibo
Lagos first lady - Ibo Yoruba
Ogun first lady - Yoruba
Ekiti first lady - Yoruba

In SE, how many Yoruba first ladies are there?
In SS, how many Yoruba first ladies are there?

But professor say we need to be fair to SE.

Ok, let's show how SE has been fair to others.
First lady of Ondo, Betty Akeredolu wanted to run for Senate, so she went home to Imo. Her people rejected her, told her she is married to Yoruba, and to go represent Yoruba people.

Professor Soyinka is on the border of becoming a nuisance on Yoruba issues.

When someone like Betty Akeredolu cannot run for election in her native home because of marriage to Yoruba, how about her children, would they ever be eligible to contest election in SE, or would full blooded Yoruba have to step aside so half-breeds can rule over us?

What is future of Yoruba women in Yorubaland, dont they deserve to wear the crown of first lady, why are we displacing them with our votes? We fail to reflect because our ethos have been exploited by leaders like Soyinka, Obasanjo, Adebanjo...each of them with in-laws in Iboland. It is in their interest that their half-breed grandchildren become somebody in future and make name. The way to assure that is beg full blood Yoruba to yield to Ibo.

Let CGV serve as lessons learnt. Let also the crowning of foreigners as first ladies in Yorubaland serve as eye opener.

Yoruba women Lokan!

Spread this message.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by omoadeleye(m): 5:50am On Apr 05, 2023
All these old people are now senile and they are not in their right frame of mind.

To be a leader is a great task most especially a country Nigeria which is still trying to balance its religious, tribes and other group of people.

One old man just spewing thrash that they should compensate a region with presidency because they lose the war.

What's this rubbish this prof is spewing. If his hair is white doesn't that means his sense is now expired too?

To become a president you have to go through the right way, you can only be chosen by the people and not just be compensated with presidency.

They claimed to be an hardworking moguls that always excel in any area of their field, if they're being sincere they should work for the presidency too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:56am On Apr 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
This man should stop talking nonsense.

You didn't come out to campaign for a candidate from the East during elections, but you are here saying nonsense now that the elections are over.

PS: I didn't bother to read the piece of trash.
anyone who believe a president can restructure Nigeria without nass is just a joker... Presidency isn't a gift for any tribe... Nigeria has over 400 tribes so Prof should just rest abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:06am On Apr 05, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi will be president! The reason you like Soludo now is because the generality of Igbos don't like him. If Igbos rally round Soludo in the future, you'll look for a fault why he should not be president. We know una
obi doesn't have national appeal... If u guys continue to rally round him he ll always lose besides if soludo gets ticket of say PDP he ll win without south east support after all tinubu pmb became president without votes from Igboland

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Abdelux223: 6:08am On Apr 05, 2023
accordadoga26:
Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

This guy wicked ooo grin shocked grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:10am On Apr 05, 2023
DaTruths:
Presidency shouldn't go to SE because it's there turn.

It should go to them because they are innovative.

If igbos were in power, Nigeria would have been the biggest production country in Africa.

I've worked with many Nigerians, igbos operates on a different level and I give it to them.
yet Abia State don't have a permanent govt house that nassarawa have... please spare us this junk statement... Let their leaders make south east a hub pple ll migrate to ist...

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Exedyne: 6:13am On Apr 05, 2023
pedel:
Obi should have stayed in the PDP. He should have made consultations, and ensure Nyesom Wike dropped his ambition.
Greed won’t let the SE politicians do what is necessary to get power back to the east.
I don’t understand how a whole tribe will sleep and point heads in the same direction.
Power won’t go to the SE If they play the same type of politics in 2027.

I actually hope they keep playing it. It will male it easier for the power to keep roating amongst the rest of us.

This is the first time yoruba is in aso rock. Obasanjo na ibo man sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Earthquakes: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2023
accordadoga26:
Wailers will continue to wail for the next 106 years.

2023-2031 - Southwest
2031 - 2039 - North
2039- 2047 - SouthSouth
2047-2055 - North
2055 - 2063 - Southwest
2063- 2071 - North
2071 - 2079 - SouthSouth
2079 - 2087 - North
2087- 2095 - Southwest
2095- 2103 - North
2103 - 2111 - SouthSouth
2111 - 2119 - North
2119-2127 - Southwest

Who no like am:

Can you equate same with human per capita income or economical or social well-being of the people you mentioned above?
If it has no value or doesn't hurt the people you feel you are hurting then can't you see it's just a mere stup*dity and something to be ashamed of
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:16am On Apr 05, 2023
Landowner101:

Even if igbo's presents Jesus Christ as a presidential candidate, you guys will codemn him for turning water to wine. We sabi una way. Till today they couldn't find a stain on Obi, yet, they keep dishing all forms of probaganda that obidients keep trashing anyway. For your info not just any third force can reach the height of what Obi did, as you can't tell me because orji uzor kalu is an igbo and on the ballot paper/box , I should vote for him, or tell me to vote for someone like rochas okorocha and ikpeazu. We need good competent people like Peter Obi.
obi can't get PDP ticket and he doesn't have national appeal... The idea of saying obi alone is competent is just hug wash... U guys can't Force him on others even via a structure less LP... Push soludo or okorocha they ll win... winning president elections is more about a popular candidate and one with national appeal... Anything else na lose

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by degreatstalion: 6:39am On Apr 05, 2023
LegendHero:
Prof is a committed democrat who understood that in a democracy, you have to build the bridges and win a nationally contested election to be president.

Peter Obi the religious bigot believed he can win election with only Christian votes and he waged religious war polarizing pastors to use their sacred altar for propaganda. He even went all the way to tell Bishop Oyedepo what propaganda to push on a certain day especially when you know the Bishop got thousands or millions of adherents.

Even Tinubu who chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket still appeal to the Christians and had to go all the way to CAN headquarters to explain himself.

There might be an Ibo president in the future, but it won’t be Obi because he already killed his chances by himself. I tip Prof. Soludo in that regard.

Keep talking sh!ttt!!! mad talk from a mad man!!! You can as well tip for your father to be the president.

Rubbish talk as always!!!!
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by randymirrors(f): 6:44am On Apr 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

I am suprised you did not insult the revered professor as you usually do to elders who speak truth. Keep this up.

As for presidency, get ready for a PODATTI presidency. It has only been delayed. It cannot be denied.
This year is the year of the unstoppable new Nigeria.
Yakubu select will give way for Nigeria elect.

Quoting you for future reference when BAT is SWORN in on May 29th.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by sheriffman(m): 6:46am On Apr 05, 2023
Which Presidency again?
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by randymirrors(f): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2023
degreatstalion:

Keep talking sh!ttt!!! mad talk from a mad man!!! You can as well tip for your father to be the president.

Rubbish talk as always!!!!

I saw your comment before seeing the one you quoted. The way you kept going like a mard man, I knew it had to be a Pandora supporter. The fire of anger in your souls is enough to burn the whole southeast down . Be careful.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by magzey: 6:48am On Apr 05, 2023
Even if na 5% Dem be? grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by sinero: 6:52am On Apr 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

I am suprised you did not insult the revered professor as you usually do to elders who speak truth. Keep this up.

As for presidency, get ready for a PODATTI presidency. It has only been delayed. It cannot be denied.

Who told you Nigeria elected Obi, speak for yourself sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by magzey: 6:54am On Apr 05, 2023
The problem is that TheIPOBians will misuse the opportunity they have been tested severally and compromised.
Let them continue trailing North and southwest that's their portion grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by magzey: 6:55am On Apr 05, 2023
sinero:

Who told you Nigeria elected Obi, speak for yourself sir.
Na Dem grin grin

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Adakintroy: 6:58am On Apr 05, 2023
Gowon.

No victor no vanquish. Yeah right!.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by TrueNigerian300: 6:58am On Apr 05, 2023
omeke12:

well...,
Brother, I'm from the southeast
i feel really bad by what you posted

i'm not sure of what i or my tribesmen did to you to warrant this level of hate
i really hope it heals in you

regardless, whenever i see posts like this on nairaland i just take a deep breath and say...
"Thank God, say man no be God."

God Bless Nigeria

You are a very good man and may God bless you for even saying may God bless Nigeria.

My brother the Igbo like you keep quiet for morons to speak for you, hence everyone belive Igbo are uncouth and insultive. Dont judge by what you see here go on twitter or other platform and see the kind of hatred your people display towards other tribe. How many Igbos condemn Kanu despite is divisively uterrances until he was cut instead the Igbos worship him. How you denigrate a while ethinic group with all sort of names and expect them to vote you. For 8 years Fulanis were called cows and yorubas as slave.

Again why is that the Igbo who talk most negative about Nigeria are Igbo They see everyithing from the position negativity, why Just go on Twitter and see people who said Lagos is not working they are mostly Igbos. You can come from a poor managed state than the Lagos itself and all you see is negative and expect your host to be happy with you. Lagos is not working yet it is the best state in Nigeria. Soludo just sent an agency in Anambra to Lagos to learn how Lamata operates, yet all your brothers see is negative and you expect the host to be happy Maybe this is normal in Igbo land but others do not like it and you have to respect them.

Truly, Igbo have made Nigeria proud globally and they have spoiled the image of the country as well, go to Malaysia and other Asian country they are able to tell Igbo from other Nigerians due to numerous crime by the Igbos. Now the same Igbos that gave negative image to Nigeria are one crying the most about Nigeria being bad. They see nothing good in Nigeria which is bad itself even Somolia dont talk down on their country the way some Igbo do. I am not saying only Igbos commit crime but if you are sincere you will get what i mean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by randymirrors(f): 7:03am On Apr 05, 2023
DMerciful:
He wasnt rejected, he won and it will be proven in court. When Obi finally retrieves his mandate, dont go start attacking Igbos in Lagos because it will happen

Where did he keep it?
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by randymirrors(f): 7:06am On Apr 05, 2023
DaTruths:
Presidency shouldn't go to SE because it's there turn.

It should go to them because they are innovative.

If igbos were in power, Nigeria would have been the biggest production country in Africa.

I've worked with many Nigerians, igbos operates on a different level and I give it to them.

All that said, can you tell us why the Southeast region remain in shambles?
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by randymirrors(f): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2023
Goke7:

why do most igbos seem to hate the igbos who seem to seek genuine friendship across the Niger? Soludo, Okorocha and so on. If you say people like Okrocha or Kalu are corrupt, is Soludo corrupt too?

Something is wrong somewhere mhen

I say, these people find it difficult to be okay. For these same reasons, they've hated Joe Igbokwe for many years now.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by georgeakins: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2023
Massiveglory:

Soyinka is wasting his energy.
Ibo can never be president.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by onyibest2k(m): 7:11am On Apr 05, 2023
WHY IS HE SAYING IT NOW
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Trustyourself: 7:13am On Apr 05, 2023
adenigga:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has advocated for the presidency to go to the southeast region to heal from the wounds of the civil war.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday, Soyinka suggested that the presidency going to the southeast will help to “rewrite the history.”

He said: “It is not just about reconstruction, it is also about rewriting of history.

“We believe that to close the circle of negativity that we have embarked on before and during the civil war, I believe, the presidency, as soon as possible, should go towards the eastern region which lost a war.

“This is one of the ways to heal the wounds of the nation – that is a principle and philosophy.”

According to the playwright, none of the leading presidential candidates in the just-concluded polls provided a believable agenda for restructuring, hence, he did not endorse anyone.

Soyinka said: “In fact, one of the reasons I refused to endorse any candidate is because none of the candidates addressed the things closest to my heart, like again, reconstructing the nation.

“I did not see any genuine commitment, any believable agenda about restructuring, decentralization of Nigeria which is at the heart of the problem for me at the moment.

“People were more concerned with just aiming for power.”

Source: https:///Why-Presidency-Should-Go-To-The-Southeast-Wole-Soyinka

I hope Prof. will not be tagged an IPOB member by this his assertion.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by Goke7: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2023
TrueNigerian300:

You are a very good man and may God bless you for even saying may God bless Nigeria.

My brother the Igbo like you keep quiet for morons to speak for you, hence everyone belive Igbo are uncouth and insultive. Dont judge by what you see here go on twitter or other platform and see the kind of hatred your people display towards other tribe. How many Igbos condemn Kanu despite is divisively uterrances until he was cut instead the Igbos worship him. How you denigrate a while ethinic group with all sort of names and expect them to vote you. For 8 years Fulanis were called cows and yorubas as slave.

Again why is that the Igbo who talk most negative about Nigeria are Igbo They see everyithing from the position negativity, why Just go on Twitter and see people who said Lagos is not working they are mostly Igbos. You can come from a poor managed state than the Lagos itself and all you see is negative and expect your host to be happy with you. Lagos is not working yet it is the best state in Nigeria. Soludo just sent an agency in Anambra to Lagos to learn how Lamata operates, yet all your brothers see is negative and you expect the host to be happy Maybe this is normal in Igbo land but others do not like it and you have to respect them.

Truly, Igbo have made Nigeria proud globally and they have spoiled the image of the country as well, go to Malaysia and other Asian country they are able to tell Igbo from other Nigerians due to numerous crime by the Igbos. Now the same Igbos that gave negative image to Nigeria are one crying the most about Nigeria being bad. They see nothing good in Nigeria which is bad itself even Somolia dont talk down on their country the way some Igbo do. I am not saying only Igbos commit crime but if you are sincere you will get what i mean.

Igbos have never believed in the Nigerian project yet want to rule. A people that before the elections called the country a zoo yet want to rule that zoo by force.

The day the igbos start believing in Nigeria they don’t need to beg anybody to vote an Igbo man.
But for as long as they continue to see all the negativity despite being the biggest beneficiary of the Nigerian project as they are scattered all over the country no one can never trust them with the presidency. Even all they have done to force obi down on throat this election will be narrated to future generations to be aware and take the necessary precautions. It’s what it is

1 Like

Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by ShaqFu: 7:19am On Apr 05, 2023
Well I disagree. The South East should learn to play politics, rather than using sentiment to blackmail Nigerians into giving them the presidency.
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by heysquare(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2023
What a century rotational calender! You really put this people in a dot of their own
Re: Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka by eodavids(m): 7:44am On Apr 05, 2023
Good one there by Soyinka.

I must say again that The Yorubas are the most reasonable and most civilized tribe in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2023: Poll Shows Peter Obi Leads Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso / Charly Boy Mocks Reno Omokri / INEC Cancels Seven Poling Units In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.