Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51532 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by fortunechy(m): 12:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Writting hand just to reply a simple and calculated sentence to defend the inec selected president cum drug lord ?? Shame!!!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Emir01: 12:36am On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
what does SW have that you think Igbos want to have or become? Just mention one .

I am waiting….

Don't disgrace yourself
We have deep sea port
We have functional train
We have the longest coastline
We have functional international Airport
Largest Rice mill
Largest single train refinery
We have Amotekun to deal with Ipob terrorist and other invaders
We have the most viable economy
E.t.c

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by DaTruths: 12:37am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
A medical doctor wrote all these grammar. The southwest indeed owns the media. If the real writers start coming out of their enclaves, people will run.

Na by Grammar?

It baffles me how Africans use so much big Grammars more than Britons and Americans.

You write to communicate, not to show off.

I've read a lot of foreign articles, their English are fundamental and plain, black man and over Sabi.
With all the English, they can't even develop an ICBM.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by reddingtonblack: 12:41am On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
just listen to yourself. Please, let other people judge the matter. I don’t want anyone to answer because by your type of sophistication, everyone of you would definitely deny being a Yoruba, just to rig it or tell another lie. Thanks .

In a developed clime like Lagos, sacrifices are still being dropped by your people at every junction. It was in home movies I use to see it until I came to Lagos. Sophistication abi ?

Leadership was the type a certain brother of yours without a definite source of income, held an entire state ransom and was humiliated in the state he claims to lead. The part 2 of it was thuggery, ethnic suppression and oppression, brigandage , bribery and discrimination in 21st century. Leadership , planning and actualisation abi ?

Oga , you are very funny o. You think we are all captives and don’t make use of our heads.

One of my correct Yoruba friends Abdulla , would always say , “ na loud mouth him Yoruba people get , nothing more” . Na your truthful Yoruba brother talk am , no be me o

What as sophistication got to do with "Tradition, culture and heritage" ... We are yorubas and we are proud of our culture even the white join yorubas to celebrate osun festival and they even learn incantations cheesy
Yorubas sophistication is all about flexibility and how we evolve as a people ... we don't reason one way there is diversity and that as really given us a edge

I think thuggery is better than being a tribe that dignifies terrorism(ipob),
bribery is pertinent to all humans,

igbos bribe Nafdac to bring in fake drugs & contrabands,

If refusing to take what igbos we never accept there land is enthic suppression we will do at every election till igbos learn to respect boundaries

Your friend Abdualla definitely knows nothing about history, tell him to google biafra war and see for himself how yorubas key names in the military dealt with ojukwu till he ran away.

Colonial master handed power over to the north becos they know yorubas are to exposed and sophisticated despite that yorubas have manage to share power with the north for decades why the Igbos have failed to learn anything. All they do his beat chest yet no single victory in there name

Nnamdi kanu is still in jail, sunday igboho is chopping the life of his head as a free man becos yorubas apply wisdom not muscle
poco travelled to her hometown Abia and her host could not allow her move freely because of insecurity in the east .. she kuku talk am with her own mouth, 2022 dec so many igbos refuse to go home, why ??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by citizenY(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2023
WesternPanzer:
Only 1 letter is causing all these problems?

If the Sweet Ada Igbo write book nko? grin grin grin

What is her trade..... FICTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Emir01: 12:47am On Apr 08, 2023
Felix6:
you guys are trying hard to twist the narrative. Tinubu's rejection has nothing whatsoever to do with tribe or party. We voted against him simply because of glaring flaws and impending disaster. The old man is incapacitated, demented and Obviously not in anyway aware of his immediate environment. You all are at ease at the moment because he has not dropped missiles lately. Soonest he will address the public again and all these glaring blunders will be exposed to the public again. Had APC presented Osibanjo Obi wouldn't have been in the discussion today. The yorubas that voted against him remember how muted Tinubu was when ISKILU WAKILI was sacking people from their homes in the south west. And many more. I don't know how the IGBO narrative came to bear here. Fully Edolite sha.

We are not myopic politically like edo no be Lagos. Edo people is a brother but they have been brainwashed by IPOB people because of Obi pan-regional mass movement of Christians support. Obi is a bigot and fraud, it's an and insult comparing Tinubu and Obi. Imagine presenting Osinbajo, Atiku would've won before 12PM. Are you kidding me, Tinubu reject that flogged Atiku in NW, NC, SW nd came second in other regions. What we are saying is that, Igbos are great enemy of Yoruba due to their beefing, Nzeribe did the same thing to Abiola, they killed our leaders during 1966 Igbo coup and made attempt to take over our Heritage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by walexsho(m): 12:54am On Apr 08, 2023
I said it and will continue to say it that the Yoruba that voted Peter Obi are the most f**lish on earth. you can now see the aftermath of your f**lishness

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by frankson1(m): 1:01am On Apr 08, 2023
dahmie2013:
This lady should better stick to her craft of writing books. So she expects Biden to annul the elections based on how influential she thinks she is. Please let her go & sleep & wallow in her loss.

I lost my respect for her when she turned down the award the same country she is trying to defend gave her & went to collect one chieftancy title from her people living in the same country. She is a Tribal bigot & has no capacity to speak on behalf of Nigeria, she can speak on behalf of beerfraud.

And to think that she wanted the elections to go the same way as the online polls is a bit shocking from her ... truly, you need to burn your brains to be an obidient.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by walexsho(m): 1:10am On Apr 08, 2023
Emir01:

You carried gun against me during Igbo Coup in 1966, you killed my leaders e.g Akintola and even the only Yoruba that supported your coup. Igbo didn't vote Abiola, you voted Abiola and still went ahead to remove him? Obasanjo is not our choice, we voted against him nd you supported him. You should keep shut when talking about drug, you people are known for drug trafficking. You want to scatter our people by telling Oyedepo to divide us along religion lines.
Oyedepo actually did that there is a reflection of that in my polling unit in Ota with APC winning with not too wide margin. na all his church members full ground on election day. And some Zombidients still no one belief the Released audio conversation between them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Vadese1: 1:14am On Apr 08, 2023
Why is it that this people from the other side the country take every opportunity to abuse people. Upon the long episode of our very own Chimanda, she didn't say any word of insults to anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by kingthreat(m): 1:18am On Apr 08, 2023
dahmie2013:
This lady should better stick to her craft of writing books. So she expects Biden to annul the elections based on how influential she thinks she is. Please let her go & sleep & wallow in her loss.

I lost my respect for her when she turned down the award the same country she is trying to defend gave her & went to collect one chieftancy title from her people living in the same country. She is a Tribal bigot & has no capacity to speak on behalf of Nigeria, she can speak on behalf of beerfraud.

This elections has brought out the true colour of alot of people namely:
Chimamanda, P-Square, Oyedepo, Enenche and many others.
And of course Peter Obi. His desperation for presidency is like a despotic dictator wanting all or nothing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by kingthreat(m): 1:20am On Apr 08, 2023
Vadese1:
Why is it that this people from the other side the country take every opportunity to abuse people. Upon the long episode of our very own Chimanda, she didn't say any word of insults to anyone.

It is not until someone tells another "You are stupid" that they have been insulted.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by kelvine(m): 1:32am On Apr 08, 2023
Sometimes when I read certain writeups, I feel like a kindergarten in the use of English.
I sure agree with the OP but far beyond that I respect the command he displayed in grammar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Cheche555(f): 1:38am On Apr 08, 2023
If this Dele Man is confident of the process that birthday the result...then why Blarbing .

Dele is just seeking attention and appointment from The Ancestor they declared winner

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Earthquakes: 1:42am On Apr 08, 2023
Emir01:
Igbos are Open enemy to SW when it comes to power, they beef SW in all ramifications and even trying to plant divisions among us so that they can take advantage. Their forefathers Zik first made attempt to take over Lagos and he was repelled by great Awo.

Who in Igbo land have you supported politically?
Igbos supported Obasanjo even with a northern vice "Atiku" even when ojukwu was contesting, so you from SW which Igbo candidate have you supported before?
Did you hear Igbo attacked any Yoruba during the last election? Can you say so too? Did Tinubu steal Igbo vote in Rivers let's leave Lagos first.
Who is the real enemy of who?
Stop deceiving yourself, 80 children was kidnapped in zamfara yesterday, 46 were killed in Benue but Igbos are still your enemy grin
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Jomonix: 1:48am On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border

Exactly
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by simply22: 1:49am On Apr 08, 2023
[/b]
Emir01:
Igbos are Open enemy to SW when it comes to power, they beef SW in all ramifications and even trying to plant divisions among us so that they can take advantage. Their forefathers Zik first made attempt to take over Lagos and he was repelled by great Awo. [b]
What about the first military coup in Nigeria that sent the Hausas and Fulanis in the North into revenge mode?
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by HITsquad: 1:51am On Apr 08, 2023
N3TRAL:
It doesn't seem like the United States will alienate the government of Nigeria anytime soon.

South Africa and Nigeria are the biggest economies and most powerful countries in sub-saharan Africa. South Africa leans towards China and Russia as a strategic member of the BRICS block. It is strategically dicey to let Nigeria fall to the transnational union that is desperate for multipolarity and the reduction of America's influence across the Atlantic.

Since the autochthonous people resolved in 1960 to be independent of Britain and sealed a republican deal in '63, successive leaders of Africa's most populous country have been inclined to neutrality in international politics. During the historical cold war, we were outspoken about our "Non-alignment policy" as a country.

The best America can do for us to reciprocate our gesture of neutrality that we've maintained over the years is not to interfere in our domestic democracy. Since 1999, the USA is committed to working with any Nigerian President mandated by Nigerians to lead the country. Their position will not change in 2023 because of the opinion of an ugly masculine woman.

Chimamanda, the tribal bigot, should find a more honourable method of grieving. I recommend that she hugs a transformer 😂
Lol you were sounding really great and intelligent until that last line... I was like wow! Now this is someone to Learn from.. but then all of a sudden you started sounding like a thug.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gajagojo: 1:59am On Apr 08, 2023
reddingtonblack:

What as sophistication got to do with "Tradition, culture and heritage" ... We are yorubas and we are proud of our culture even the white join yorubas to celebrate osun festival and they even learn incantations cheesy
Yorubas sophistication is all about flexibility and how we evolve as a people ... we don't reason one way there is diversity and that as really given us a edge

I think thuggery is better than being a tribe that dignifies terrorism(ipob),
bribery is pertinent to all humans,

igbos bribe Nafdac to bring in fake drugs & contrabands,

If refusing to take what igbos we never accept there land is enthic suppression we will do at every election till igbos learn to respect boundaries

Your friend Abdualla definitely knows nothing about history, tell him to google biafra war and see for himself how yorubas key names in the military dealt with ojukwu till he ran away.

Colonial master handed power over to the north becos they know yorubas are to exposed and sophisticated despite that yorubas have manage to share power with the north for decades why the Igbos have failed to learn anything. All they do his beat chest yet no single victory in there name

Nnamdi kanu is still in jail, sunday igboho is chopping the life of his head as a free man becos yorubas apply wisdom not muscle
poco travelled to her hometown Abia and her host could not allow her move freely because of insecurity in the east .. she kuku talk am with her own mouth, 2022 dec so many igbos refuse to go home, why ??
Britain did not hand over to the North
In 1960 it was a parliamentary system
Azikiwe chose to enter coalition with Balewa.believing Northerner s were uneducated and unintelligent so he could take control

3 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by eagleu: 2:05am On Apr 08, 2023
How did this make FP?
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by PulaPower: 2:48am On Apr 08, 2023
nedekid:

I can bet say na alake write am come de claim say na one dokita.
You no know anything!

This is just a small fraction of what’s coming. The north already told us it’s our time for you people to insult us and we ready..

Shimamada go think say nah only she sabi English..

If not for tribalism, bigotry, envy & hatred, how a sensible human go write letter say Joe Biden isn’t suppose to congratulate tinubu..

She’ll hear word ehh..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by shegoon: 2:58am On Apr 08, 2023
I am a yoruba man and a staunch supporter of the "obidient" movement but the fact remains that our princial "obi" didn't understand Nigeria politics and he paid dearly for it.Firstly,his agitation was in the end built on regional and religional biases . Secondly, he chose a weak running mate Datti Baba-Ahmed, who refuse to win his own polling unit not to talk of winning a state for his party. Reason, TINUBU insisted in muslim Muslim tickets because of his running mate popularity which yielded result in the end. Thirdly, you cant win elections in Nigeria without aligning with core ethnic group, Obi lost gallantly in the North or are we saying all northerners voted for obi like the Easterners or his votes were rigged in the north? In as much as obi can clear all states in the East then the election was not rigged... My opinion quote author=Emir01 post=122363679]Igbos are Open enemy to SW when it comes to power, they beef SW in all ramifications and even trying to plant divisions among us so that they can take advantage. Their forefathers Zik first made attempt to take over Lagos and he was repelled by great Awo. [/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by broadman20: 3:03am On Apr 08, 2023
bolademi:

Chiamanda really messed up

HYPOCRITICAL Pharisees and Sadducees region...

Would you people has accepted this election results if INEC has favoured Peter Obi without following their rules?

The south west is indeed the problem with Nigeria!

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nauttyprof(m): 3:07am On Apr 08, 2023
Jax1:
Chimamanda has sent Thîefnubu dogs to the gutters. This quack physician is gnashing his teeth and crying profusely like a child whose cheese balls got missing. grin grin

This comment of yours is written from a pained heart. No need of using emoji to paint it better

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Odogwuzack: 3:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Codes151:
All these write up from Yorubas reeks of tribalism.
It's simple!!!
Inec should come out and prove the results.
Or we all shut it and let the courts act.

You guys are always quick to accuse Yorubas of tribalism.

Adichie's letter reeks of nationalism right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Odogwuzack: 3:20am On Apr 08, 2023
Saga16:

Sometimes I'm amazed.

Do you guys actually believe Obi won?

I'm shocked too.

Many ma.d persons in this country. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Odogwuzack: 3:42am On Apr 08, 2023
GorillaApp:

Naturally, ignoring you would have been the best but it won't be right to leave you in your ignorance. most sane Nigerians resisted tinubu because he is too old and senile. Also there is a drug case on his head period. Igbos voted for Abiola and also supported Obasanjo but I guess your hatred won't make you see that.
Why not leave the Igbos who have never carried arms against you and face the fulanis who are killing, maiming are ransacking Ur villages and sending some of your to Benin Republic

Abiola won marginally in only one state in the East. Igbos voted against Olu Falae, a Yoruba man (the real Yoruba interest) and Obasanjo ended up being a beneficiary.

Always put things in right perspective. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by chaloskyx: 3:54am On Apr 08, 2023
Lol ahah as big as Nigeria is so it needs our oil to function but yet they treat our people like seconds citizens who have no right to lead this country or occupy sensitive positions no Sir!!! you cant have our oil Nigeria is too big to depend on a mere dot in the circle to function its high time Nigerian leaders start thinking outside the box!!
abbey621:

You're free to have your own country as long as you leave the oil......Imagine 8 states that produces 40% of all foods in America wanting to separate from America, ko le work!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Christistruth03: 4:12am On Apr 08, 2023
Emir01:
Igbos are Open enemy to SW when it comes to power, they beef SW in all ramifications and even trying to plant divisions among us so that they can take advantage. Their forefathers Zik first made attempt to take over Lagos and he was repelled by great Awo.

the wisdom and Foresight God Almighty gave to Awolowo and our Fathers when they stopped Azikiwe from becoming the Premier of the West must have almost killed them

So if an Easterner is controlling the West and an Easterner is in Control of the East then where will the West be in Control of?

Could Azikiwe have done what Awolowo did for the West since with hindsight Azikiwe failed to and couldn't even do it as Premier in the East ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by LegacyB: 4:17am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
A medical doctor wrote all these grammar. The southwest indeed owns the media. If the real writers start coming out of their enclaves, people will run.
Real writers? This is interesting. This election is really affecting some people brains. Probably cos their sentiments didn’t fly.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by abbey621(m): 4:24am On Apr 08, 2023
chaloskyx:
Lol ahah as big as Nigeria is so it needs our oil to function but yet they treat our people like seconds citizens who have no right to lead this country or occupy sensitive positions no Sir!!! you cant have our oil Nigeria is too big to depend on a mere dot in the circle to function its high time Nigerian leaders start thinking outside the box!!

Again it is not your OYEL! It belongs to Nigeria, just like Lagos port belongs to Nigeria and any attempt to leave the country means you forfeit the benefits! Know this and know peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / "Empty Stadium" Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi On Attendance At Rallies / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.