Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51597 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by GreenCovering: 4:36am On Apr 08, 2023
This medical doctor would have attained the highest peaks of literary excellence if he made writing his core profession.

Respect Sir.

smiley

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Laughingkk: 4:43am On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border

Just dey play
Looooossssssssseeeer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by CoolAmbience(m): 4:49am On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:
How old is Adichie? Can't you people just leave her as she is ignorant about reality of things?

Stop

Exactly my thoughts.

Just because she wrote a few books, we should start taking her seriously on matters of politics and governance?

She is my sister from Anambra State, but she has lost every respect I have for her. I never knew she was just brilliant, but no where near intelligent.

It is such a shame!

Chimamanda is so daft that she didn't know that politics in Anambra state has been destroyed by denominational religion. And this dangerous trend was advanced and taken to a whole new, destructive level under Peter Obi. What does Chimamanda know about Anambra politics, let alone politics in Nigeria?

If you come to Anambra state today, the Governor must be a Catholic, and his Deputy, an Anglican. What kind of nonsensical stupidity is that? When we talk as true sons of Anambra, and as concerned Nigerians, miscreants that have been overtaken by idiocy, illiteracy and drunkenness will come up to social media to talk gibberish.

Obi as Governor from Anambra Central is a Catholic while his Deputy, Chief Emeka Sibeudu, is an Anglican from Umunze town in Orumba South LGA, Anambra South (my Senatorial Zone).

There comes another Governor, the stylish and charismatic Akpokuodike Willy Obiano, another Catholic, installed by Obi, from Aguleri in Anambra North Senatorial Zone with his Deputy, Dr. Nkem Okeke, an Anglican from Anambra Central.

Today, we have Odenigbo Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, a staunch Catholic, installed by Chief Willy Obiano, from Isuofia in Aguata LGA of Anambra South Senatorial Zone as Governor and yet another Anglican, whose elder brother is a super Bishop in the Anglican Community in the Southeast, Dr. Onyekachukwu Ibezim, from Mbaukwu in Awka South LGA as Deputy Governor.

Go and find out the denominations of the individuals Obi tried to upstage Chief Willy Obiano with, after the duo fell apart, Chief Oseloka Henry Obaze, I think in 2018, and Mr. Val Ozigbo in 2021. Does this mean that everyone Obi, someone who wants to be president of Nigeria, knows are Catholics? Let's not even go to his import-dominated investments and businesses across Nigeria, which is another huge red flag that portends evil for our economy.

For Obi, life and governance are Catholic. This is the height of religious intolerance. These were the issues we tried to point out as unbiased, roundly informed intellectuals and genuine stakeholders, but some reckless and senseless fellows allow emotions to overwhelm them.

For me, the single fact that Tinubu is married to a Christian for decades, despite being a Muslim, says more than a book about his individuality, mindset and temperament. We have seen Tinubu install a Muslim and two Christians as Governors of Lagos State.

I am ashamed for Bishop Oyedepo, Dr. Paul Enenche and a whole lot of them, and especially, millions of young Nigerians who call themselves Obidients, but who know next to nothing about the man, Peter Obi. In the past two days, I had driven past the front of Peter Obi's house in Agulu, which is just bye the popular Madonna Catholic Church. I have touched and engaged the man. I maintain that he, profoundly, lacks the broadness, diversity, sensitivity, sensibility, intellect and balance of mind to preside over Nigeria. Even if he were my father, I'd say the same thing.

Abeg, make I sleep small.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Karnice600: 4:54am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 2

If you feel you are in a safe sanctuary in the USA and can throw or dart some dangerous goblin on Nigeria to breed hate, division, anarchy with fatal and cataclysmic consequences, remember, your people will also be affected too.

That election defied many odds. Many governors lost their states to the opposition. Even the President-elect lost his firm grip on Lagos. Mr Buhari lost his Katsina base while El Rufai's political wizardry could not win him Kaduna, yet you are busy pooh-poohing and sacrilegiously puncturing and discrediting the whole process as a sham or charade! How dare you! That election may not have been the best but in few places where there was violence, the people stood solidly to exercise their franchise. Did you have an inkling of what transpired in Obi's immediate enclave in the east? Many APC apologists were either killed or prevented from voting. Were you cerebrally on sabbatical break when the election that produced President Biden plunged America into a never-seen-before orgy of violence with fatalities recorded? With a whiff of hindsight, was the election annulled on that premise? Ironically, it is the product of that election that you are obsequiously kowtowing and genuflecting for with the sole aim of consigning Nigeria into a pariah state again.

Where Obi won in his precincts with some APC voters disenfranchised and some paid the supreme sacrifice, you never rationalized it as a heinous crime but in other places where he lost glaringly, you wanted the whole exercise cancelled. This is nothing but sheer ambivalence. Late Prof ( Eze) Chukwuemeka Ike wrote that only a foolish fly follows the dead into the grave. The ealier you extricate yourself from those inanities, jejune irrationalities and incongruous permutations and come to reality, the better for you.

No amount of writing will reverse the collective will of the people. As a fellow who wrote the account of the civil war that claimed millions of lives, built valleys on their cheeks, made them pot-bellied and a caricature of anything human, you should know better that writing effusively to cause chaos is a height of unpatriotism. If in the events you cause another civil unrest, it would be too late to plead self-exculpation and self-abnegation your ill-thought out writings would have caused. Obi lost that election glaringly and there is no way you can dress a vassal---festooning his ambience, adorning him with costly ornaments and apparel--- through malcontent depositions, he will remain a vassal and never a prince.

Dr Dele Afelumo is a practising physician.

https://twitter.com/KemPatriot/status/1644326256714850304?t=FijjSyiqPima0IQN9Lt0Ag&s=19

A practicing physician who urgently needs a doctor.
This is a very critical period the Yorubas should carefully observe and pick who's the best stuff for leadership roles. A leadership on sound values, equity, transparency, justice and absolute resolve for competence.
This Afelumo is a drowning idiot.
Elders, elder statesmen, should be able to blur tribal lines and show superior abilities to manage diversity in times like this.

Tinubu is the curse and cause for all of these.
Inability to tell him to his face is cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Elidrisy20: 4:56am On Apr 08, 2023
From Arthur to that things fall apart Man, and this useless girl. These ppl are very dangerous

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Bimpe29: 4:58am On Apr 08, 2023
N3TRAL:
It doesn't seem like the United States will alienate the government of Nigeria anytime soon.

South Africa and Nigeria are the biggest economies and most powerful countries in sub-saharan Africa. South Africa leans towards China and Russia as a strategic member of the BRICS block. It is strategically dicey to let Nigeria fall to the transnational union that is desperate for multipolarity and the reduction of America's influence across the Atlantic.

Since the autochthonous people resolved in 1960 to be independent of Britain and sealed a republican deal in '63, successive leaders of Africa's most populous country have been inclined to neutrality in international politics. During the historical cold war, we were outspoken about our "Non-alignment policy" as a country.

The best America can do for us to reciprocate our gesture of neutrality that we've maintained over the years is not to interfere in our domestic democracy. Since 1999, the USA is committed to working with any Nigerian President mandated by Nigerians to lead the country. Their position will not change in 2023 because of the opinion of an ugly masculine woman.

Chimamanda, the tribal bigot, should find a more honourable method of grieving. I recommend that she hugs a transformer 😂

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by smellingmenses: 4:59am On Apr 08, 2023
Karnice600:

A practicing physician who urgently needs a doctor.
This is a very critical period the Yorubas should carefully observe and pick who's the best stuff for leadership roles. A leadership on sound values, equity, transparency, justice and absolute resolve for competence.
This Afelumo is a drowning idiot.
Elders, elder statesmen, should be able to blur tribal lines and show superior abilities to manage diversity in times like this.

Tinubu is the curse and cause for all of these.
Inability to tell him to his face is cowardice.
All Nigerian people want Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu GCFR

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by rummmy: 5:00am On Apr 08, 2023
Dear Dele,
All what you typed there are rubbish..
You an enemy of the state.
A first class bigot .
Quack doctor.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by wahahlawahala: 5:02am On Apr 08, 2023
Jax1:

Criminals grin grin
joke is on u.. more than half of ur kinsmen dey prison all around the world.. we Kno the real criminals 😂

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by BeanX(m): 5:02am On Apr 08, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Haba, e don do nah.
All this descriptors for one letter?

Nigerians and the need for bombast be like 5 & 6. grin
So nah Chimamanda pathway come generate this amount of opprobrium?

famished - like say e no chop belleful
Inglorious - like say e no get glory
perfidious - like say nah so so deceit and disloyality
labyrinthine - nah same tingz as serpentine nah
deathful - nah archaic word be this
dastardly - nah say e come dey diabolical, walahi

For this season of letter writing, wahala dey o.

Soyinka blow big big grammars, now this one. everybody just dey use big words these days.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by tishbite42: 5:14am On Apr 08, 2023
Emir01:
Igbos are Open enemy to SW when it comes to power, they beef SW in all ramifications and even trying to plant divisions among us so that they can take advantage. Their forefathers Zik first made attempt to take over Lagos and he was repelled by great Awo.
He attained heights the 'great' Awo will only dream of in his grave.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by MuslimIgbo: 5:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border
Or deh
Letter wey dey top global twitter search grin
Muh mu cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by sapele914(m): 5:25am On Apr 08, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Exactly my thoughts.

Just because she wrote a few books, we should start taking her seriously on matters of politics and governance?

She is my sister from Anambra State, but she has lost every respect I have for her. I never knew she was just brilliant, but no where near intelligent.

It is such a shame!

Chimamanda is so daft that she didn't know that politics in Anambra state has been destroyed by denominational religion. And this dangerous trend was advanced and taken to a whole new, destructive level under Peter Obi. What does Chimamanda know about Anambra politics, let alone politics in Nigeria?

If you come to Anambra state today, the Governor must be a Catholic, and his Deputy, an Anglican. What kind of nonsensical stupidity is that? When we talk as true sons of Anambra, and as concerned Nigerians, miscreants that have been overtaken by idiocy, illiteracy and drunkenness will come up to social media to talk gibberish.

Obi as Governor from Anambra Central is a Catholic while his Deputy, Chief Emeka Sibeudu, is an Anglican from Umunze town in Orumba South LGA, Anambra South (my Senatorial Zone).

There comes another Governor, the stylish and charismatic Akpokuodike Willy Obiano, another Catholic, installed by Obi, from Aguleri in Anambra North Senatorial Zone with his Deputy, Dr. Nkem Okeke, an Anglican from Anambra Central.

Today, we have Odenigbo Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, a staunch Catholic, installed by Chief Willy Obiano, from Isuofia in Aguata LGA of Anambra South Senatorial Zone as Governor and yet another Anglican, whose elder brother is a super Bishop in the Anglican Community in the Southeast, Dr. Onyekachukwu Ibezim, from Mbaukwu in Awka South LGA as Deputy Governor.

Go and find out the denominations of the individuals Obi tried to upstage Chief Willy Obiano with, after the duo fell apart, Chief Oseloka Henry Obaze, I think in 2018, and Mr. Val Ozigbo in 2021. Does this mean that everyone Obi, someone who wants to be president of Nigeria, knows are Catholics? Let's not even go to his import-dominated investments and businesses across Nigeria, which is another huge red flag that portends evil for our economy.

For Obi, life and governance are Catholic. This is the height of religious intolerance. These were the issues we tried to point out as unbiased, roundly informed intellectuals and genuine stakeholders, but some reckless and senseless fellows allow emotions to overwhelm them.

For me, the single fact that Tinubu is married to a Christian for decades, despite being a Muslim, says more than a book about his individuality, mindset and temperament. We have seen Tinubu install a Muslim and two Christians as Governors of Lagos State.

I am ashamed for Bishop Oyedepo, Dr. Paul Enenche and a whole lot of them, and especially, millions of young Nigerians who call themselves Obidients, but who know next to nothing about the man, Peter Obi. In the past two days, I had driven past the front of Peter Obi's house in Agulu, which is just bye the popular Madonna Catholic Church. I have touched and engaged the man. I maintain that he, profoundly, lacks the broadness, diversity, sensitivity, sensibility, intellect and balance of mind to preside over Nigeria. Even if he were my father, I'd say the same thing.

Abeg, make I sleep small.

Super statement received with applause.

5 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by sapele914(m): 5:27am On Apr 08, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

Or deh
Letter wey top top global twitter search grin
Muh mu cheesy
Same Twitter that The Federal Government of Nigeria proscribed in your country because of use by the terrorist group ipob to spread propaganda?

Not surprised.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by PulaPower: 5:29am On Apr 08, 2023
Emir01:

Don't disgrace yourself
We have deep sea port
We have functional train
We have the longest coastline
We have functional international Airport
Largest Rice mill
Largest single train refinery
We have Amotekun to deal with Ipob terrorist and other invaders
We have the most viable economy
E.t.c

You shouldn’t have respond to him bro. They not worthy..

3 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by CrownWale93(m): 5:30am On Apr 08, 2023
News coming out everyday that some Nigerians are been arrested for drug peddling Abroad, especially India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia etc but we always know where this people comes from without reading the details of the News yet.

Lemme give you a source of income.
Anytime this News is out, just look for a gambler, place all your Life savings with the person that those people arrested are from a particular region (southeast Nigeria). Boom you have multiply your wealth.

I also wish you know the circumstance around peter Obi's Father death.
Ofunaofu:

The reality of things is that Nigeria is about to enthroned a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

Tinubu is a drug lord

That is the sad reality

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by wildernessVoice: 5:34am On Apr 08, 2023
It's a pity tribal bigotry thrives in a country where over 90% of the population are living in abject poverty.
What happened on 25th February is the biggest shame of our dear giant of Africa.
All the things we are suffering in our nation is irrespective of tribe. It's a collective suffering of over 90% of our population.
*Hyper inflation
*Bad road
*Erratic electricity supply with high tariffs
* Bandits went on holiday during campaign and election but now has resume duty
* High cost of living
*Unabated terrorism
*Unabated kidnapping and general insecurity
* Poor service in our hospitals while
our leaders keep patronizing foreign hospital.
* Poor state of our schools while our leaders keep patronizing foreign schools.
*Borrowing with nothing to show
*Future of our youth blinks
*Joblessness and youth restiveness
* God bless us with crude oil yet exported for refining and the products imported at high cost.
*The list is endless

SUFFERING AND SMILING (In Fela's word)

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by MuslimIgbo: 5:38am On Apr 08, 2023
sapele914:
Same Twitter that The Federal Government of Nigeria proscribed in your country because of use by the terrorist group ipob to spread propaganda?

Not surprised.
Na jealousy and frustration dey worry una tongue tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by arcis: 5:40am On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

The reality of things is that Nigeria is about to enthroned a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

Tinubu is a drug lord

That is the sad reality

Drug lord or no drug lord, Tinubu is currently your lord in Nigeria comes May 29...if you are not cool with this..you can commit suicide..no one will miss you and your generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Emir01: 5:41am On Apr 08, 2023
simply22:
[b][/b]
What about the first military coup in Nigeria that sent the Hausas and Fulanis in the North into revenge mode?

Every coup before 1966 Igbo coup has been fair, nobodu cares about it because it was struggle for power among military officer. You killed over 28 Northerners laders and came to SW and killed my leaders without single person from your side and midwest because the premier speaks the same language with you that time. You guys destroyed this country, We trust each others b4 until your senseless coup. Your ZIK destroyed the region government arrangement because of selfish interest. You people lack character..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by GreenCovering: 5:47am On Apr 08, 2023
The Dr.'s style of writing is free-flowing while Chimamanda's writing felt like an effort at being trying to be grammatically correct with every sentence. In other words, what took Chimamanda six weeks to prepare, modify, proof-read and revise before publishing, the Dr took in his strides in two days (or less) during off-call periods.

Omo, this Dr. na don o, make I no lie you.

smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by thisisit: 5:51am On Apr 08, 2023
LET'S CALL A SPADE A SPADE....

INSULTING PERSONS OF DIVERSE OPINION DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE ELECTIONS ARE INCREDIBLE.

THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED BY PROF. MAHMOUD YAKUBU IN FAVOUR OF TINUBU.... THIS IS THE FACT & TRUTH OF THE MATTER.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Reference(m): 6:04am On Apr 08, 2023
The long and short of all these bric bats is simple. If Nigeria has been getting it right with their views of the country and the paths they have chosen to follow why is this country not better than it is.

Why has Nigeria not developed, simple. There is a way that seems right to most Nigerians, the way the majority has charted for this country. See where it has led us.

The doctor should focus on that with clear introspection.

By 2027 we will see whether it was another waste of time. Because we have heard all these and more time and again.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by chaloskyx: 6:05am On Apr 08, 2023
lol it becomes our oil when we become our own sovereign country to nations cant have the same jurisdiction of over resource control
abbey621:

Again it is not your OYEL! It belongs to Nigeria, just like Lagos port belongs to Nigeria and any attempt to leave the country means you forfeit the benefits! Know this and know peace!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 08, 2023
Adichie is nothing but a typical Igbo. Bigoted, clannishly repellent, ungrateful, unreasonable, self-centred and perpetually disdainful of non-Igbos.

The good Dr is right about her 100%. For her purported talent and brilliance there is always that underbelly of bigotry against other Nigerians, especially Yorubas, seeping through her veiled utterances and demeanour exactly like Chinua Achebe also. Soyinka is far classier than both and a truly benevolent lover of Nigeria and all Nigerians

The bottom line is that No nation can truly develop and be great hosting enemies-within, i.e Igbos, as Nigeria does.

If Tinubu does not move to enshrine regional autonomy as the defacto system of Nigerian governance going forward, so we can all live and thrive without being impediments to each other, and also end the unhealthy rancor and bad blood the jostling for the Presidency causes every four years, then I will personally work to ensure he is not re-elected President in 2027.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by MightySparrow: 6:10am On Apr 08, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Chimanda Adichie, the world knows, who know this Dele?
We know him now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Father4all: 6:10am On Apr 08, 2023
[quote author=johannu post=122367553]

Foolish indeed.[/quote but I'm not as foolish as your father. Idiot
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by VTJN(m): 6:11am On Apr 08, 2023
Jax1:

Pained serial criminal grin grin
Pained IPOB grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Father4all: 6:11am On Apr 08, 2023
OriOko88:

So the one ur ugly LovePeddler aunty wrote isn't tribalistic enough. Effing hypocrite
she can feed your poverty stricken family
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by ozo13(m): 6:12am On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:
How old is Adichie? Can't you people just leave her as she is ignorant about reality of things?

Stop
that's all.Ppl that were just interested in politics the first time suddenly start telling Nigerians which election is credible or not.
Biden election that that almost brought America to its feet, we didn't meddle into their politics then

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Reference(m): 6:12am On Apr 08, 2023
wildernessVoice:
It's a pity tribal bigotry thrives in a country where over 90% of the population are living in abject poverty.
What happened on 25th February is the biggest shame of our dear giant of Africa.
All the things we are suffering in our nation is irrespective of tribe. It's a collective suffering of over 90% of our population.
*Hyper inflation
*Bad road
*Erratic electricity supply with high tariffs
* Bandits went on holiday during campaign and election but now has resume duty
* High cost of living
*Unabated terrorism
*Unabated kidnapping and general insecurity
* Poor service in our hospitals while
our leaders keep patronizing foreign hospital.
* Poor state of our schools while our leaders keep patronizing foreign schools.
*Borrowing with nothing to show
*Future of our youth blinks
*Joblessness and youth restiveness
* God bless us with crude oil yet exported for refining and the products imported at high cost.
*The list is endless

SUFFERING AND SMILING (In Fela's word)

And all these and more despite the multitude of elections and the plethora of tenants in the Villa. The country is Just stumbling around in circles, breaking one bad record after the other. No one is willing to accept or recognize the disease, the mental malaise causing her drunkenness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.